2018-07-07 20:01:46

Hello,
Since I had microsoft office2016 as a demo and it did not let me edit documents, I had to install a new free office software. I chose libre office. I have a problem with it. In large documents, when you press the read all command for NVDA it just reads 3-4 lines and stops. How do we fix this?
Thanks.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2018-07-07 21:40:46

I don't think you can.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-07-08 03:17:22

Realy? I never had that problem the couple of times I tried to use Libra Office.

Instead, for me the problems came with trying to save any document or when I tried to use spell check. Whenever I tried to do those two things, the program would just crash on me and cause NVDA to freeze on me.

Which is why I ended up switching over to Jarte.

I tried going back to Microsoft Word before I eventually switched over to Jarte, but Word is nothing but bloated garbage now.

2018-07-08 11:05:59

Hello,
Check if the program is maximised; sometimes, NVDA or JAWS cannot read the information presented on the screen due to the program being minimised.

P.S. nothing can replace Word in its entirety. I've tried Libra Office and it would crash each time I would open a document exceeding 100 pages. Also, the layout of the text was not recognised by any of the screen readers JAWS and NVDA. Even the page number was not announced when I read some pages with Libra Office Writer.

2018-07-08 12:48:28

I agree with Afrim, Libre office writer basically worked, but the  spellcheck and editing tools were just not good enough to really work with long term which is  in the end I got the full version of MS word.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-07-08 17:19:45

Never had that issue. I'm running version 5.4. If you still need word, version  2010 works well for me, but I've never had issues with spell check or reading documents in lebra office.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2018-07-09 14:42:53

well, i installed 5.4.7 of the libre Office, and jaws was completely useless with it, nvda worked only in empty document, all menus etc were read correctly. but when i wanted to open an simple .doc file with it, pressing arrows did nothing. so i was not able to read the document with it.
i used the 2018.2 version of the nvda.

f.a.t.h.e.r

2018-07-09 17:20:14

I currently have 6.0

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2018-07-10 09:34:44

okay, installed 6.0.5, atleast it reads with nvda. to some extent.. when i press the say all shortcut, it reads only some block of a text, not the whole book. i am not an nvda user, so maybe its my setting, or who knows. and i have to sometimes restart nvda, so the document is read properly. sometimes it just doesnt do nothing at all. the document opens, but nvda is not reading anything. but after restart it does. and with jaws? still nothing, so i think its Quite unusable with it.

f.a.t.h.e.r

2018-07-10 12:42:58

Yeah, that's the problem I have, NVDA doesn't read all of the text.

2018-07-10 13:38:31

I found that myself too. That combined with the spellcheck issues is why I eventually gave in and bought ms word instead.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)