2018-06-27 18:35:41

pretty sure I have posted a similar topic to this before in the past. but for all my droid users, what android phones would you recommend? I'm currently using an iphone7, but im having issues with it, so im finally going to switch to android. I have had droids before but I hated talk back with it. major problem I had with it is the phone would get stuck in certain spots of the screen, when I would swipe it would skip over apps/icons, and there virtual keyboard was horrible just horrible, granted this is years ago, so im pretty sure things have improved. so again what phones would you all recommend?

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2018-06-27 20:03:30

hello there. I have had the blackberry priv (unfortunately I think its been discontinued) but for its physical (somewhat cramped but still very usable, its just getting used to it) keyboard and its specs which exceed those of the IPhone 7 I think its quite a warrior . i have dropped it quite a bit, even on its screen and everyone tells me that despite having this phone for about 3 years now it somehow looks like its had its fair share of tender loving care, lol.  I find it to be a really really good phone.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-06-28 11:43:33

I am rocking the beast which is the Razer phone.
Love this phone with its stereo speakers. With Dolby atmos playback!!!
Bloow my mind when I first heard it coming out the phones speakers

2018-06-28 13:23:10

you might try samsung phones, the galaxy range. i am using the samsung galaxy j5 prime, it uses android 7(nouga).i also heard that the nexus phones are good

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2018-06-28 13:42:02

Well yeah, an interesting topik, none is the best, it depends on your needs.
If you need a fast experience with the budget in mind, you can try a Nokia phone, I am using nokia 3, but if you can aford, get the 8 model, it is waaaay better.
Samsung phones are good in their way, a verry accessible software, a screen reader similar with voice over if you get a samsung better than j series, an a3 or a5, or even the s series.
If you want updates directly from google, get a nexus phone, well they are google Pixel and pixel 2 now, but they are the same as nexus, just better specks and newer android, always the latest.
I can recommend the k series from LG or the stilo from them, they are good and they have a very nice speaker on the back.
HTH and I howp I said everithing from where you can choose.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-06-28 15:01:33 (edited by defender 2018-06-30 17:07:04)

Their is also the Moto E and G series, though I would suggest Nokia over them now, for better updates.

2018-06-29 00:45:09

I should have a Galaxy Note 9 when it's releaced.

73 Wj3u

2018-06-29 20:51:13

1, xiaomi mia1 very accessible
2 if you prefer to get quick updates then go for nokia 5 or 6
samsung phones gets updates very slow than nokia
here's an example,  galaxy a8 2018 this year's model,  not been updated to oreo yet
congrats for with poor update policy whatever samsung calls

2018-06-29 22:27:13

Ah Revan, you are right, I forgot about the Mi A1, I wanted to buy it, but you know, my parents said they will not give money for an unknown company regarding my phone, they wanted to buy a Samsung phone, but I got some money for myself and I bought this Nokia 3 and I will probably never regret the purchase.

2018-06-30 04:50:45

I got a xiaomi mi a1. It is excellent! Best phone I bought yet! It's really fast and everything works, and knfb reader works nice and fast on it also.

2018-06-30 05:21:08 (edited by assault_freak 2018-06-30 05:21:28)

As all those have already said... it's not about which phone is best. Best in terms of what It all depends on what you're looking for.. I hear good things about xiaomi and oneplus, but I don't like to buy Chinese products because I know that country's culture and their tendancy to have backdoor stuff in there most people don't look for. I would recomend Samsung or Nokia. I am currently using the galaxy s8.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-06-30 16:40:41

thanks a mil for all the suggestions. I didn't even know nokia was still in the mix when it came to phones of this generation. I use to have a old nokia a decade ago with the classic snake game on it lol. im going to check these suggestions out, and pretty much go with the one with a reasonable price within the 100 to 200 dollar range. I think the highest I would go is $300 and that's really pushing it. but guys thanks again

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2018-06-30 17:08:19

Actually Nokia was off the market for a while, they got bought out by a finish company a couple years ago so that's why they are making new Android phones now.

2018-06-30 19:23:55

Ziaomi is a trusted company so much that they just did a big deal to sell their devices in Europe. When buying a xiaomi handset. Look for the global version.
Which basically means a non Chinese interface.

Was going to upgrade my Xiami note 4 x to there new Ziaomi mix 2 s.
But couldn't wait a month after my upgrade was due.

It really comes down to what you want to do with your phone.

As you can pick up a handset for $100 & under to do the basic's.

2018-06-30 19:46:33

If you want this price, get the nokia 3 or 5, or if you want a big screen and a bigger battery, get the moto e4 plus, but from what I know from a friend who has it, he is stil on android 7.1.1 with patch from january and I am with my kiaper phone on 8.0 with the patch from june.

2018-07-01 02:01:26

Regarding Chinese phone companies, I'm not saying they aren't good phones, just that they're to be watched. Xiaomi selling internationally doesn't mean anything.. oneplus is also a supposed trusted company because they sell internationally. But look for security leaks and compromises... and you'll find their phones full of things like that. So imo, best be careful and stick with internationally trusted brands. Samsung, Google, Motorola or Nokia. When buying anything out of China you do take a bit of a risk. Good phones for cheap prices though, that's for sure.

2018-07-01 09:23:01

but what about talkback versions?
samsung screen reader vs  the one that google develops?

And, the fact that you can mess with the boot loaders and change the operating system?
for example i've heard that OnePlus officially supports  tweaking and leaves the phone open while some other  manufacturors  try to  secure the bootloader as hard as they can.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2018-07-01 16:26:01

Well, you take the good with the bad. And Samsung phones can be changed in that way, too.. it's just harder. The real question is if you want to take the backdoor and data collection along with the complete open-ended tweeking possible with the oneplus. And as for talkback and Voice Assistant, they are more or less two different screenreaders.. and neither is better than the other. They both do certain hings well and others less so.

2018-07-02 06:28:09

one quick question.
Which is the cheapest samsung phone that supports voice asisstent and would be worth buying?
recent launch, as in not a3 2014 etc.

I have been also considering RedMi note 5 and the note 5 pro moddles but havent heard much about their accessibility so if anyone of you knows anything....
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2018-07-02 12:16:35

a series is have voice assistant  and some j series
course these series are budget and midrange phones

2018-07-02 14:27:46

From what I know, j series does not have voice assistant, you can get an a6 2018 or a3 2017.

2018-07-02 16:58:53

@assault freak
I'm moving away from Apple but then I have to make a choice.
Is there a place that would show the differences between voice assistant and talkback?

2018-07-02 17:11:20

Strongly considering moving away from apple as well. Might go for the galaxy s9, any thoughts? How's performence of voice assistant?

2018-07-02 17:51:34

Apparently you can have the best of both worlds if you get something like the s9, I was googling and someone was saying that you can have both of the screen readers installed.
That is a very good idea and I would do it honestly
But here's a thing, If i buy a galaxy s9, I feel like that my money is wasted on  high quality camera and screen which i don't use at all.

2018-07-02 17:55:13

I had the xiaomi note 3 & 4 x love them.
Got hands on with the xiaomi note 5 & mix 2.
Have to say am a big fan so are both owners are to. Ex Samsung & apple users.

Talk back works smoove as my Razer & note 4x