2010-03-05 03:05:22

Well they've got the new version out, and have introduced a currency system to pay for services as well as various other tweaks.

The service that looks of most interest to me is their own file sharing system, priced at about 120 klango points for 30 days storage for 500 mb, with another 500 mb available at 12 klango points.

One klango point is literally one euro cent, ie, 100 is one euro.

This does look interesting. They also have various other things such as vip status and audio private messages, ---- though to be honest I don't tend to make too much use of klango's social networking, ---- though I admit their a great media streaming service.

I'll find out more about the storage bit, just to see how things work, but in general I just see this as another example of expanding klango to do various interesting things. I admit, I never thought klango would end up doing this sort of stuff back in the days when they were releasing games like haunted factory and pirate memory game.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2010-06-07 08:52:09

is clango a download. it sounds quite good.

2010-06-07 11:21:25

Yes, it's a stand alone program that does various things. Check out it's page on the database (sinse it also plays some audio games), or go to www.klango.net for more information.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2010-06-07 17:09:20 (edited by Brandon Williams 2010-06-08 17:44:40)

thanks dark. i'll have a look at it.

2010-06-08 00:52:31

mmm, my name (at least on this forum), is dark, chief defenistrater is my title sinse I was messing about with custom title settings and thought it'd be an interesting way of being a moderator.

however, if people make these sorts of errors maybe I should change it back to the default.

2010-06-08 08:53:41

The new version of Klango seems to be awesome. I hope they'll release Klango for Mac and Iphone in the future. I don't use Klango because I only use Windows for gaming.
Is it true that they have released a version for Symbian? And what are your experiences? I could imagine Klango would be awesome on a sell phone.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2010-06-08 14:03:41

No idea I'm afraid, sinse I have none of those things. However, check the Klango site and you should be able to find details on what other versions they've released.

2010-06-08 17:43:31

i know it is your status. i just thought if you are the cheef difenistrater lol you would like to be called it? i am a klango member now. i think it's brilliant. thanks for letting me know it was a download. it would be good if the rileesed klango facebook because it isn't accessable any more. thanks again.

2010-06-09 12:46:00

Well it would help, but personally as I said I most enjoy Klango's media features and use it as a podcatcher and to read rss feeds and the like.

2010-06-09 18:08:46

right!
this version of klango wont work on My pc either. am i doing something rong? i  choos standart install not USB or advanced. am i downloading the right file? it doesn't get a desktop icon or start menu... i had to hunt it down in the c drive. if i'm downloading the rong thing, could someone please give me a direct download link? as i really ... really want to try this out

2010-06-12 09:59:03

what system are you using? you can always make the shourtcuts yourself. tri contacting the klango developers. that's all i can think of to tri and hhelp you. when you get it up and running my klango name is brandon. are you rob193 from RNIB forum? hope it works.

2010-06-12 11:37:54

um!
i havent been on that forum for a while.
but i'm certain my username was something similar lol!

2010-06-14 14:40:20

I like the new system! I especially like the audio themes.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2010-06-14 16:04:02

ep, they're cool. i've got the latest startrek theme at the moment, but apparently a friend of mine has just made a dr. who one so I might well switch to that.

2010-07-11 22:46:50

Two things:
Brandon I am firestorm on klango. I thought it would be a good user name. How do you like the forms on their?
Second:
I know this is a little off of the topic, But Dark I live in the U.S. I like listening to the BBC stations over in the U.K. Why do they place restrictions on the content that people outside the U.K. get to here?

Audio game king

2010-07-11 22:52:37

I like the forums and the forms on there. I just have to get used to pressing control-enter for the ok button.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2010-07-12 09:41:58

I must admit I don't use the klango forums much, mostly because I'm taken up with forums elsewhere.

As regards bbc station, I suspect it's about which program copywrite owners allow ther stuff to be shown outside the uk and not to do with the bbc. Actually the same thing happens over here with Us stuff.

2010-07-19 19:32:51

can i add you DD?

2010-07-30 16:03:19

klango facebook's out!