2018-04-11 10:24:10

My problems personally with KoL are firstly that the puzzles are irrational! I needed to play with the wiki open most of the time in order to actually finish any quests, and some of the steps required are just nuts!
Also, I do wish the game had a slightly better payment system, since having one monthly item that is there and gone forever is just plane depressing, I did actually pay for several things in the game, but stuff I had to buy from the mall and the limits on some of the better items were just irritating.

accessibility, especially on some of the quests could be pretty spotty, and it was mildly irritating to run up against something which was difficult if not impossible to work out.

Lastly, I really! didn't like the limited aventures system, and the fact that it was so hard to get more without basically spamming the   out of the wiki to find very obscure recipes and items, indeed one of the major issues I had with KoL was the fact that essentially the game  had so many items, so many locations etc that actually discovering anything worth while was down right difficult.

The game definitely has its fun moments, but I just wish the flaws would be worked out, that it was less pay to explore and a bit more friendly to players who are not either in the loop or willing to sit with the wiki.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-04-11 14:52:56

thought I'd update you on the Erannorth thing. Turns out doing it on Crhome is not just a suggestion like it is on a lot of other things I play. And grindy doesn't bother me too much, just wondering if the early quest I did where an assassin kicked my butt was a fight you were supposed to lose. He took me from over 250 hp to -1100 in a single round so I think that might have been an intentional thing of me losing, one of those issues  in RPGs where they put you ina  fight you are supposed to lose no matter what. I moved onto the next part of the quest anyway which means I think that was supposed to happen.

Also Grindy doesn't bother me too much. The game gets updated every few days with new stuff so I'm good for now, though I'm probably going to opt out of PvP, because I hate PvP.  but I've only really played it for a few hours but I'm liking it for now.
Only thing is I can't really buy anything useful because I don't have the cash. But that will probably change soon. Again, stuff to work for.

2018-06-13 07:54:21

I am just playing Erannorth. I tried many 'free' games and almost got an allergy in the word 'free' lol. I read plenty of the commentary across several topics both the good and bad, and I guess its in the eye of the beholder, but I couldn't recommend a game more.

Not sure what stage some of the commentors tried it. Perhaps in pre-alpha? But there are plenty of stories and stuff to do daily to keep you occupied for hours. Ascension goes on several chapters till level 7. I don't think the rest of it is written yet. And there was the two past event stories. Reign of frost in level 10 at Theminster and Hunted in level 20. But i haven't reach those levels yet after the may reset, so don't take my word on it. But reign of frost was truly awesome if your character is strong enough to handle it.

Grindy? LOL! It's a browser game, and as grindy as it has to be. For typos, i wouldn't know or care much, my english suck, and I am not a native speaker. But there is a section in the game forum to offer your corrections if you are. Overall you won't find another game with such active developer that actually listens to your feedback.

If you do play, i recommend firefox and nvda. Then check your preferences and disable the optional graphics. This will make the game go faster. I personally disabled the PvP too, because i am not much in competitive play.  If you have issues ask in the chat or the game forum someone will know.

2018-06-13 12:35:15

KoL is great fun. There are only two things I can think of which are not precisely accessible:
1. A dwarf factory puzzle
2. A volcano puzzle
3. The entire Gotta Capture 'Em All challenge path (which is sad, I was looking forward to that one)

Everything else, while wacky and weird, is accessible, at least in my own experience.

You could always try
http://www.phantasyrpg.com
and find me as Jayde (that's J-a-y-d-e). It's got plenty of quests, a rebirth system that's going to launch in a week and a half, skills and spells, class diversity, decent (if not absolutely tip-top) writing. The game should be pretty accessible too.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-06-13 21:09:46

for those of you trying Erannorth in addition to the storylines mentioned two posts ago, you can also unlock "coven of Blood" at level 2 if you catch a bunch of rats in the central district. I think some other stories open up when you do other challenges, join certain factions or get your ranks up (I actually have a low rank in the Emerald order from killing evil animals.) and you can also join other factions if you like.

Also they just recently added 9 new playable races and there are more and more options for when you reincarnate, which is key to growing and getting to do the really cool stuff after you unlock stuff and restart, which you can do for more daily perks and stuff, and your character is forced to retire when they get old as you are working with a limited time budget.

2018-06-17 13:30:25 (edited by Orin 2018-06-17 13:30:48)

Tried re-registering to Erannorth and I fill out the details and hit register. I'm not getting registration success, failure, or any message to say that the form went through.

2018-06-18 01:12:26

sometimes you have to use the jaws cursor or whatever stands in for the mouse on your speech program rather than  the virtual cursor on the main site when you try to get in. Also I've found Chrome is more responsive.  than other browsers on that game. On top of that, just stay logged in when you can on there.

2018-11-29 22:59:09

Bringing this back to ask a question, and give a couple of accessibility updates.
First, the question.
If I wanted a life-centric browser game with jobs, education, stock market, companies, etc., but I didn't want war and PVP, can anyone recommend anything? I'm looking for a game, more than a game book.
I got excited about Torn, until i read about the accessibility problems, and unfriendly community. I don't mind fighting, but I'd like a game that has those elements I mentioned, where you actually level with them.

Now to accessibility updates for a couple of games.
I played Neopets and Psypets about nine years ago, and they were completely accessible. I got nostalgic, so I created an account on both, only to find that accessibility is much worse on each site.
I created a pet, but I had no idea what I was creating. I could explore, but nothing was as intuitive or simple as in the past. I turned off the flash map, and that helped a bit, but it was still not the simple fun I had years ago.
I know several people on here like animal sims, so I wanted to warn you about those two games.

2018-11-30 01:28:10 (edited by Orin 2018-11-30 01:30:06)

@Dark, I know you like singleplayer Scifi stuff and know you haven't given TauStation a try yet.

I highly recommend you at least try it. It's one of the few games that has a playable story, missions are being added all the time, and other mechanics are being expanded upon.

As for Popmundo, that's the most realistic life sim I've scene. I wonder if there's a blind popmundo group to discuss the game or something, like there is with CE. I like it feel alone in it ATM. Keep in mind I've been playing the game off and on for over 8 years, so I have a lot of dead characters berried in the north and southwest US lol.

Edit: Oh, how could I forget The Great Heist at TheGreatHeist.com? It takes place in the popmundo world and instead of bands, you make crews to go on heist ops. You can use any past popmundo character too if you wish.

2018-11-30 22:48:32

I've recently started to play this one, in hungarian though, but as i heard it has an english version, and you can find it if you click the following link: http://www.doomlord.net/ I quite like it, although i'm only level 2 yet so there are still lots of things to explore. big_smile

2018-12-01 02:21:03

Improbable island is pretty nice... The maps are usable on chrome, the people are nice, and their are lots of player made areas to explore.
But the story that develops over time is the best part IMO, along with the hilarious enemies.
It can get boring after a few drive kills though, but at least their are multiple races and the underground, but I think the underground is kind of inaccessible unfortunately.
For a port of LOTGD it's kind of mind blowing.

2018-12-01 06:24:54

defender wrote:

Improbable island is pretty nice... The maps are usable on chrome, the people are nice, and their are lots of player made areas to explore.
But the story that develops over time is the best part IMO, along with the hilarious enemies.
It can get boring after a few drive kills though, but at least their are multiple races and the underground, but I think the underground is kind of inaccessible unfortunately.
For a port of LOTGD it's kind of mind blowing.

I rarely quote, but figured here its the better option.

The maps I believe are usable on Chrome, although... when should one start traveling to other outposts? The reason I ask is because apparently the next city or whatever is do north of the starting area. I can survive a bit but I end up getting killed eventually. And I think Isurvived up until that ended, and I was met with no city.
And, traveling to other outposts is required to advance. Normally I'm okay with exploring, but Death in those kind of games is cool first time round but the next time its like, okay, I want out of here. For the record, I got that do north thing from a post that apparently listed the city outpost directions. Perhaps its as the crow flies, and figuring stuff like that out in that game is... yeah. Hard, at least for me. Does anybody know if that post is actually correct? It was a sticked post in the forums which may still be there.

2018-12-01 21:59:16 (edited by defender 2018-12-01 22:02:25)

Aside from certain quests like the one from the museum, which just exists to give you a push towards seeing the other outposts anyway, their is no actual real requirement for going to other outposts, just some things that may be useful.
But on chrome at least, your current coordinates are shown, so if you don't want to buy teleporters and just use them, than it's not bad.
Here's what I've written down about the game.

http://enquirer.improbableisland.com/do … e_advisory

Outposts
NewHome, Humans, 11,5
Improbable Central, capital, 13,11
Squathole, squats, 10,17
Kittania, Kittymorphs, 20,13
New Pittsburgh, Zombies, 4,15
Pleasantville, Mutants, 14,24
AceHigh, Jokers,  10,30
CyberCity404, Robots, 22,38

Travel tips
The map is 25 by 40 squares
Traveling by water means you won't get monster encounters until stamina is below 60%

Fighting tips
Less efficient fighting at 60% stamina, risk of fainting at 20% stamina.
Zap grenades>monster spray when used in combat
when used outside of combat, monster spray reduces encounters while traveling by half, and gives a 20% attack and defense debuff to monsters when fighting
Targeting guarded body parts will stun an enemy more often than targeting unguarded body parts.
drinks from pubs give buffs.

Money Info
You can drastically increase req with the smelter at cyber city
The bank will give you interest until you have a balance of 99999 req.

2018-12-02 00:13:47

Yeah, doomlord's fun smile

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2018-12-02 08:38:29

Does unfinished tails still work for anyone

2018-12-02 13:43:33

hi
erannorth unfinished tales doesnt work for me either. seems to be down or gone... dont know.

2018-12-02 22:36:47

Guess those tales are going to stay unfinished for ever now...

2018-12-03 01:45:02

I love bladeofeternity, mithicreign, reign of blood  and if you can make them work, samurai of legend and vandatacrime note you need to message plantas to set up your account. Hope this helps. Take care

2019-03-25 02:01:16

Another recommendation I have for this genre is powerpets .com
I tried NeoPets and PsyPets, and they didn't look familiar.
Today, I realized that it was PowerPets that I played so long ago.
The game is still accessible, and there are tons of pets, and items. To give you an example of the pet variety there are elephants, kangaroos, orangutans. and dolphins.
I'm still trying to find my way around, because there's so much on the game, but in case anyone is still looking for these kinds of games, this one is accessible.

2019-03-25 21:09:07

Well, you could try Doomlord.

2019-03-25 21:18:19

I haven't heard of that one. I'll check it out.

2019-03-25 23:30:31

It's in a fantasy setting. I guess if you don't like games where you need to do the same at the beginning, but always the same, you'll get bored of it, but it worths a try.

2019-03-26 01:27:18

Oh I don't mind that. I looked at it a little bit earlier, and it sounds interesting.

2019-03-26 08:53:23

Oh, i'm glad to hear that. smile

2019-03-26 13:57:32

i cant register for doomlord. i can select a horde but then i dont know what to do. I can enter a name but the character gender and the agreement checkbox or whatever this is cant be read by jws or nvda. tried with firefox and chrome. anyone knows whats going on?