2018-05-29 06:52:02

I keep searching for an accessable horse-racing manager game.

Track Kings was recommended to me already twice so far.
Its strategic/tactical, aka managing phase is accessable enough, and it perfectly fullfills my expectations from its genre.

However, when I tried to "view" some races, (including my own ones), I realized, that they are displayed by a video, without any written or voice-commentary.

Without being able to actually follow the race, so without any type of commentary, the game is no fun for me.

Or is it possible, that there still exists a way to us, blind players to follow the race, and it's just me, who couldn't find, or discover it so far?

2018-05-29 08:22:57

Hi.
I will check the game out today if I find the time to see if I can find a way how we can look how the races went.
Does the game actually support breeding new foals with better stats taking the different genes into account? I know, this mostly determines the cullor of the horses coat or mane, but I am generally interested in how different genes can change the cullors.
I tryed that with show horses, some other game I found at whitestick, but with only about 3 different breeds and just two or 3 genes around, not even including the basic 2, this was out of the race quickly, no pun intended.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-05-29 09:59:09 (edited by Caccio72 2018-05-29 10:00:19)

Errr...unfortunately I am far from being such an expert in horse-breeding topic, I just like owning a stable, preparing my horses, and then "watching", actually observing how they succeed on the race-tracks...
There are many dozens of options, settings, choices in the game, so it's very likely it features what you are interested in.
(as for me, in the short time while I was playing Track Kings, I simply ignored all those options, settings, game-elements, which were out of my interest...like betting, finances, breeding...and cared only for those of a tactical-"manager" type)

2018-05-29 10:28:22

Hi. Heh ok, guess I will try this game anyway, there is a German game which features just what I have mensioned, next to different competition types, you have an extensive breeding system at your hands which is a bit challenging to learn, but, if you are interested in these sort of things in real life anyway, it's not that big of a deal anymore.
I will give track kings a run through and see if I can score anything xD, sounds like quite much to look out for.

Greetings Moritz.

2018-05-29 13:00:46

I do speak german fluently too, so it means no problem to me to play a game in german...is it generally a horse-racing manager game too, or just about breeding horses?

2018-05-29 13:21:51

NO, not really.
To give you an overview.
You have different competitions in which you can start, from dressage, show jumping, racing, cross cuntry, trail, raining, working equitation and so on, every horse has a certain potential in a certain competition which can be raised by training and breeding new foals which would have a higher potential, if you know what you are doing you can get quite good foals out of it.
To put it into perspective, every field of competition has different sub categories which you have to train to get competitive, for example for cross cuntry, which I am competing in you would have basics, tempo, power, endurance, dexterity and so on and every of these stats have a max value, when you train, your current level will increase till you have reached the max level of the current stat.
If you are good, you can train a horse to be proficient in multiple classes, or you can take a horse and breed a line of foals which have different classes than the game actually gives you as a starter or recommended ccompetitions.
Also, every horse has interior and exterior ratings telling you how good your horse looks and things like spirit, inteligence, awareness and so on.
You have to train and care for your horse, there is the possibility to let the game handle horse caring, but it costs extra stable rent per month, not real money, in game cash.
There is an extensive library in the game which is the internal help system.
When you haven't stabled your horses in a stable not supporting automatic cleaning and grooming, I suggest playing with google crome because you can hit the buttons to do that till you stable your horse, than you can play with every browser.
the accessibility is all right, there are some things to consider, but I can tell you more about that when you are interested in the game, it's not hard and it can be delt with.

The link for the game is
http://www.equinepassion.de

Greetings Moritz.

2018-05-29 14:42:46

high guys how i can get track kings game?
thanks

2018-05-29 16:04:33

It's an online game, just google track king and you will find that.

Greetings Moritz.

2018-05-29 19:12:50 (edited by Caccio72 2018-05-29 19:16:29)

Yes, that german game does sound interesting to me, for it's more about training, preparing, caring for your horses, than finances or betting, so it isn't an "all about money" game...I will try it out, many thanks!

And I use Chrome as my primary browser lately, so that is one more "pro" reason.

2018-05-29 20:09:48

Errr...it seems I will need your help right at the start.
I tried to sign up to the demo version, (a nice way to get an overall impression of the game), but after giving my username and password, the part of my character-creation follows, (Erstelle deinen Reiter), and all I can hear there are dozens of "empty" applications, meaning without any verbal comments or descriptions, which my NVDA seems unable to access.

(normally I am using Google Chrome, as usually, ever since Firefox has become slower, and less accessable in general)

2018-05-29 22:42:46

Hi.
Ah darn, I could have known xD. You just have to set up your rider there, how you look is just cosmettical and doesnt have any impact on the game, just click enter on some of those graphics and hit continue, it should be done then.
BTW, if you have skype and you need help, just drop by and I can help you a bit better
Skype ID: mority4.

Greetings Moritz.

2018-05-29 23:29:57 (edited by Caccio72 2018-05-29 23:33:26)

Ah, so those are pictures...I wonder why my NVDA keeps refusing to access any of them, maybe I will have to try to do this specific selection with mouse, since neither space, nor enter activates the selected image.

And no, I don't use Skype, I have used Facebook, and still have an account there, but due its certain accessability-issues, I visit it quite rarely since my vision loss.

2018-05-30 02:29:28

Hi.
Yeah, as I stated the beginning of the game is a bit tricky, NVDA doesn't really say that the pictures are selected, also hitting shift enter works quite fine, you have to try fiddeling a bit, but it works in the end.
BTW, regarding track king, could you tell me where you can find training and vet services? I havent found that out yet.

Greetings Moritz.

2018-05-30 16:49:49

Ehhh, there were so many options and settings, and I played the game only for a few days, till I realized races are not accessable, but shown with a video...
I do remember setting training for each day, one could plan and preset it for a month or even more, allocating types of training for each single day, so once it is set, one doesn't have to bother with training for a longer time, except if something unpredicted happens, or one buys a new horse in the meantime.
But where that option was located, among all those others...sorry, I cannot tell you this anymore.
As for the other one regarding a vet, there is probably an existing one for that too, but in those 2-3 days of my "career", normally I had no need of it, so I cannot remember its location either.
I guess both were located inside the individua horse-options, meaning once you access, aka press "enter" on your each horse, a bunch of options, settings will appear, so training is most likely among those...
It probably is not among your general stable-options, those are mostly only your general settings, for more detailed one you have to "enter" at one of your horses...this much I remember...hopefully...correctly.

But hey, why don't you just ask Orin these questions, after all he is the one here, who has recommended Track Kings to me even twice so far!

2018-05-31 07:36:12

I know it might be a bit off topic, but if you still wanna use Facebook, you can do it without any problem and it's fully accessible.
Just go to the accessible version at
https://m.facebook.com

2018-05-31 10:05:36

Many thanks!
I had trouble even when chatting with one of my online pals, I was constantly dropped back to the chat-message box, I kept exiting it, and trying to read what the guy actually replied, but no, constantly, automatically was dropped back to the box, with only a second delay, each time I tried to exit it.

I do hope the accessable version will have no such issues...

2018-06-02 22:10:11

Hey Simba, I am stuck with Equipassion again!

As I noticed right after the start, (btw, not even shift-enter worked, I had to ask my sighted mom to select and create a character), the game does sound very cool, I especially like it's "working" feature, which allows you to earn game-currency even while you are away from it...but yeah, the coolest stuff are featured only by its full version.

I started the tutorial, to learn to play the game properly, and got a temporary "school-horse" to practice on.
The tutorial wants me to clean that horse, and it mentions some cleaning-tools I am supposed to "click on".
I just cannot find, cannot locate those tools anywhere, they are nowhere in the options...at least not inside those I can access.

So can you help me out with this too please?

2018-06-05 20:14:14

Ok, found the right menu...the game is really cool, I am considering paying for its full version...it's just that I am so much occupied with WBL during this last year, it takes almost all of even my enormous spare-time away, that I can hardly find time to play it, LOL!

2018-06-06 04:05:06

Hi.
Oh dear, I am sorry that I haven't replyed faster, I just haven't seen your question about those options coming up.
yes, finding these is a bit tricky, they are located over the five main pages of your horse, the reason why I suggested google crome as a browser is that only with that I was able to click those button/image combinations, you can find out if it works because when you click one of those buttons, the time moves ahead 10 minutes, and when you managed to click them both, they#ll just disappear.
also, don't wonder, in the tutorial it will still show the text of the previous task, but the new text will arive under that when you complete the task, that nasty thing with the buttons can be delt with when you have your own horse and you stable it, you have the possibility to clean, groom and call the vet automatically.
BTW, small hint, it depends on the school horses you have, but sometimes it's just better to get rid of them as fast as possible and concentrate on your own horse, with some school horses you have to think, it depends on the potential and so on.
Also I would advise giving the library a visit, there are a lot of good things there which you should probably read, it helps with things like breeding, the different events, earning money and so on.
What diciplin are you training in currently?

Greetings Moritz.

2018-06-06 09:04:04 (edited by Caccio72 2018-06-06 09:09:03)

Well. I have noticed those small issues you mentioned, but luckily I can deal with those in Chrome.
It still lasted some time, till I have realized this, and since I have quite little time left for any other game than WBL, which, again, is a pretty time-demanding one, especially when you manage a greater number of fighters, and I do...so in Equipassion I am still doing that tutorial, but I intend to finish it before starting to "seriously" play the game, to be aware of all its elements, and learn all the locations of more frequently used options and settings.
(this is the 1st time I play such type of a game about horses, so I count for a newbie in this specific genre I guess)

2018-06-06 10:59:54

Hi.
Well, the advantage of E P is that it doesn't take long every day, you could be through in 5 minutes if you would like, but, if you are searching for a horse with which you want to compete, it could take a while, it depends on what you want to do.
But, if you have questions, just ask and I will try answering them as good as possible.

Greetings Moritz.

2018-06-06 20:11:55

Yes, since I am a competitive type of gamer, I will primarily concentrate on racing and tournaments, so yes, I plan to get race-horses, or racing types of horses for the start...but just for fun, I guess I will also try out to own, and care for some other types too.
(once I can afford those too of course)

2018-06-07 07:13:29

hi.
Well, I currently own 3 horses, one foal that I got from the starter mare which you can import and I have my gelding which I use for tournaments, the results are, hmm, mixed at best xD.

Greetings Moritz.

2018-06-12 03:51:17

Right now I am confused again by that tutorial, at the stage of training those school-horses.
I realized it wants me to train a horse in all parts of the selected discipline, and also train my rider in those same ones.

I did train my rider in all disciplines of gallopp, including its basics (Grundlage) of course, and did the same with one of the school-horses I got for free...but it obviously requires from me to do the same with the other one too.

Will see if that will do, and if the tutorial will continue after it.

But back to Track Kings:
Anyone checked already, if the races themselves in it are indeed totally unaccessable?
(I mean, if there exists really no way to follow them with a screen reader)

2018-06-12 09:08:29

Pheww, I probably missed to train one of the disciplines.

Now I could select and customize my 1st own horse, I did so, and it will be shipped, meaning it will arrive tomorrow.

So I guess that will be where the real fun starts.

So...you suggest me to sell, aka to auction those 2 temporary school-horses of mine now?