2018-05-13 15:41:57

Well Orko since I'm definitely more a classical tenor I'm doing it more as a ballad, albeit one with a lot of serious ooomf, so probably less screaming than the original big_smile.

I heard Michael Crawford try it and my lady suggested I give it a go. I do like doing something that level of extreme.

Btw Here's a link to Michael doing it live

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-05-13 15:59:28

gethsemani is one of my favorite pieces from that show. My other three favorites are; Everything's all right, I don't know how to love him, and the title piece, Jesus Christ Superstar.

2018-05-13 18:23:16

I've only ever read the pern series by Anne McCaffrey, but I mean, like several times over, I lost count.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-05-13 18:59:13

Before I lost my vision, I've seen that series often enough in book stores but was never intrigued enough to try it. From what I could read about them from the back covers, they just weren't what I was looking for.

2018-05-13 22:55:21

Yaaaagh! annoyingly the wrod document I mentioned going bye bye in my other topic was actually my review of dragonquest which I need to completely rewrite now as there seems absolutely no way of getting the thing back, which is down right irritating! still since I eventually want to review all, or at least most of the pern books I'd better see if I can rewrite it.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-05-14 02:22:46

Happy mothers day to all the blind  moms out there. Me and the hole family are selibrating my moms birthday today.

2018-05-14 05:24:47 (edited by Jaseoffire 2018-05-14 05:37:29)

Hmm. I've heard that name before. I think a Friend of mine enjoyed reading some of Anne McCaffrey's work, though it is way too late in the evening for me to recall important things, apparently. Personally, I've decided to move some of my reading to literary works from the Land of the Rising Sun. More specifically, I've decided to try 1Q84 (Japanese language knowledgable George Orwell fans ought to have a small chuckle at that title some slight nuance aside) by Haruki Murakami. I'm not sure how to feel about the book, yet,but then again, I'm only about 7 chapters in, which is about 3 chapters into one story and working on my 4th chapter of another. I say that as this book seems to enjoy perspective hopping. It does it consistently, though, so no complaints from me on that. Otherwise, just counting down the days until summer semester starts up for university.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2018-05-14 05:32:56

Ironically, mothers day, also called mothering sunday here in the Uk is much earlier in the year since it occurs on the fourth sunday of Lent, three weeks before Easter, see Good old wikipedia
This is because the tradition in the Uk arose due to people visiting their "mother church", and usually getting the day off for it when they'd also see their parents.

the american Mother's day was apparently confirmed on the 13th of May by an Us president after being campaigned for by a temporance activist, so no mothers  cards etc over here big_smile.

Btw, a quick bit of googling also confirm that some other countries have different dates, for example apparently the Griek orthodox church use the second of February to commemorate Jesus presentation to the temple.

2018-05-18 02:03:11

The summer camp discussion is interesting. There was a camp for blind children that I went to when I was younger, and it was definitely geared towards little kids, although you could go until you were 16. In any case, I had pretty good experiences there. We often went to the beach and things like that. Other than an incident where a girl deciding it was funny to steal some of my personal belongings, and being very brazen about it, late one night, I can't complain about my experiences there. Also, yay for summer crushes! I met someone there who I definitely had a thing for, although due to distance it wouldn't have worked out. Although we racked up plenty of long distance phone bills for something approaching two years, pissing off our parents many times over, lol. To call him just a summer crush is actually doing him a bit of a disservice, though, since we were very solid friends for the better part of those two years. Unfortunately, we had a pretty nasty falling out, which was mostly due to both of us being rather immature at the time. Whenever I think about him now, though, I can't help but to be proud of the information I've gleaned about him through social media, which is that he's now a fledgling musician and radio personality. Funny how things work out, since, even at the age he was at that time, I knew those were his dreams.

As for what's actually going on in my life, things have been pretty quiet for me. I got an oppurtunity to use the Pay With Chip application earlier today, though, in a very unexpected way. My mom's cat has a nasty habit of sometimes chewing on my phone charger. I really don't know what's so appealing about it, it's not like I sprinkle catnip on it! Anyway, I didn't catch him in the act in time, and, when I went to plug in my phone, there was no response. Once I realized what had happened, a fairly easy task considering the teeth marks in the charger, I was royally pissed! Luckily, when my sister and her husband moved out several months ago, they did leave a couple of Iphone chargers behind, which I'm using temporarily. However, I decided to take that oppurtunity to test out Pay with Chip, something I've been meaning to do for awhile but have been slightly wary of, even though I received the card reader close to 3 weeks ago. I found the experience seamless, and am hoping to receive my tracking information for the new lightning cable soon. I mainly bought a new one because the cables they left are short, and I wanted a longer one for when I want to lay in bed and use my phone.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-05-18 11:17:32

Lol luckily reever, my  guide dog hasn't had any over powering urges to try snacking on Iphone accessories up to now big_smile.
Glad the chip thing worked, Turtlepower, although I'm not sure if it would be overkill for me at the moment being as I've memorised my credit card details anyway.

Well not a lot to report  the moment. Unfortunately today probably means reading a lot about the epistemological theory of disability and the history of the treatment of blind people in hopes of finishing  damnable thesis.
Its' sort of annoying, I thought all the reading was done years ago, but of course since one of my examiners has written a book I have to read and comment on it. Frankly at this point I just want to finish, get my letters and then be able to write something else, still at least his book actually is slightly more sensible than most of the crap out there on disability.

Speaking of books (and more interesting ones), my review of To say nothing of the dog, the seconed Oxford time travel story by Connie Willis is now u, Go and read it here
Sort of annoying that it couldn't have been a book of the month and that the only other review is so negative, indeed from his comments I rather wonder if the other reviewer actually got the story.
Again I don't mind people having different opinions but just saying "I found it confusing" with little qualification isnt' really an intelligible criticism.

In other news, likely out of frustration I've started a serous try at corruption of champions. What is odd is that the so called erotic bits are more sort of insanely nuts rather like flexible survival so I can largely ignore them since they're so overthetop. Also like FS though there is a good rpg in there with spells, lots of items, combat techniques weapons etc.
I do wish the revamp mod worked properly since some of the things people have apparently added to the game, such as item crafting  sound really interesting to play with, but hay you can't have everything.

Not that I'd specifically recommend CoC for anyone who doesn't have a strong  stomach, since the descriptions are pretty damn extreme, and unlike say the Flexible survival mud there aren't as many ways to limit things though your character doesn't necessarily have to be a rampaging nymphomaniac if you don't want them to be, EG you can choose or not whether to engage in post win activities with defeated monsters rather than having it happen automatically.

2018-05-18 13:58:13

Like Dark, I too have long ago memorized all my debit card details so the chip reader isn't really a necessity, but I do like the security in that it requires the physical card to make purchases, it's also a plus in that your card's information isn't stored on the vendors site for hackers to steal.

I'd be using the PayByChip marketplace for more than the Google Home Max I purchased last month, but I still have Prime benefits on Amazon until the end of June, and by then, Prime 2 day shipping will be available on the PayByChip marketplace, so that is when I'll switch from using the Amazon site to using the PayByChip marketplace.

2018-05-18 16:38:21

Haven't heard of the chip thing. I brailled my information on an index card, which is certainly not kept in vault 317 or anything, so I've just used that if it needs entering. Mostly because the information changes every other year and it doesn't feel worth memorizing anymore.

My air conditioner died last week. It's hot and humid and I am afraid of what the weather and doubtless ensuing mold will do to my house and it's contents. For some reason it's taken over a week to fix. Also it costs approximately all of my money, so, uh, that kinda hurts. I've been staying at my parents', where there is always an abundance of edible diabetes, three dogs barking whenever they hear something that might be an intruder, and I don't have to use any of my internet data. Also they're not within easy walking distance of anything (not that my location is much better, but going places is less of an adventure and more of a walk to the store).
This has somehow resulted in coding and music getting done, not that I expect it to go anywhere.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-05-18 19:23:31

Depending on where you live, the PayByChip marketplace may not be available to you as it is presently only available in the United States.

It uses a chip reader to read your credit/debit card information from the RFI chip embedded in most cards these days, so there's no need to enter your card's information when you are ready to make a purchase. The chip reader is provided for free by the marketplace when you register and simply plugs into a USB ports when you are ready to use it.

One of the big attractions to the marketplace is that it is designed with blind users in mind so it is totally accessible and easy to use.

PayByChip thread:
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=24583