2018-05-15 18:31:56

we do not have a sizable number of moderators per see, so yeah.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2018-05-15 19:12:23

Draq, In reality, there is magic, as in games and books. But in this world because of technology we do not have much energy for this.
I can feel and control energy. I remember my past life. I communicate with spirits. I'm a mage.

2018-05-17 20:50:01

So because so much technology is in use, it drains the energy needed to use magic effectively? I'm not sure how that works since there are many, many sources of energy one can draw on to use magic, not just the electromagnetic energy that technology uses and puts out.

I'm also confused about how magic could even remotely work like in books and movies. When I say books and movies, I'm talking about things like throwing lightning bolts and fireballs, flying, and basically anything else that would defy the laws of physics. Talking with spirits is its own thing that's entirely possible, as is limited energy manipulation. Now if we're talking about magic on the astral plane, it's entirely possible to use magic in ways that would defy the laws of physics on the physical plane as the astral plane is different and has different laws.

This is all based on things I've read on the topic of magic over many years. I've never come across anything that said that magic could defy the laws of physics and interact with physical objecst directly.

2018-05-18 01:21:47

I've never seen magic in use at all, period. As they say, I'll believe it when I see it. smile

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-05-18 01:24:16

Indeed. I still find it an interesting thing to research even so.

2018-05-18 04:07:56

Draq, Magic can ignore physical laws. About fireballs, lightning. It's real. And the main problem is not in energy, but in balance. If I use fireballs, I don't know what will happen to this world.

2018-05-18 06:40:55

@56, you act as if using a simple bit of magic like fireballs would possibly destroy the world, or cause irreparable damage. If magic does exist, I highly doubt it would've been constructed in such a way as to cause magic and mundane energies to fail to coexist.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-05-18 08:15:43

I'd  be mor worried abut how I'd keep the fireball from burning my hand, to be honest.

2018-05-18 12:55:41

magic? kingdom?
i understand one thing about this topic, you want people to call you  king, but that will never happen

2018-05-18 14:59:32

@58 it's holy fire, that won't burn your hands, but it would burn the entire world.
smile smile, because obiously a little fire ball will destroy the world. A fireball, is more powerfull than the atomic bomb. And the king jonikster knows that, so he doesn't want to use them, other whise he would put us in danger.
smile

Paul

2018-05-18 16:45:23

too bad, because the people's free democratic republic constitutional parlamentary united nation state of beerland has drained all the magic escence from the lands, and is now using it to perpetuate it's breweries of death as well as its infernal pizza ovens! No one shall challenge beerland! haw haw haw haw haw haw haw!

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-05-18 20:31:02

@61, god I love those comments of yours... rofl.

My Github