2018-05-15 13:08:01

today i have a sport lesson
i tryed a sport like blind ping-pong,but it's different
blind ping-pong's balls are very small,and the table don't have high edge to make balls hard to fall from the table,and if the balls moving stop, will record a score to player rather than have a hole.
so this table have two holes,the goal just need hit ball over and over,and into another player's hole.
if the ball moving stop and not in the hole,you can continue hit it back.
i remember a rule is first player who launch ball must let the ball hit the table edge once,if not,the player will break the rule and switch to another player ,try to launch the ball again.

about special equipment,the balls are larger,and every  player must wear a glovs,i played it,the sounds just like a game called showdown

2018-05-15 14:40:24

Maybe you ment tennis? showdown is a tennis game.

2018-05-15 15:59:47

tennis?it's a two people game and tennis need gloves?
or cricket?,but cricket need 11 players or something

2018-05-15 16:02:10

Hi.
People, Tennis is a game played on a court with two people over a bigger distance.
What you mean is Showdown, or the japanese version of it which has lower bariers at the tables edges, but I suppose you played showdown.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-05-15 17:39:51

You're indeed talking about Showdown... the game was played on a table way before it became a computer game. lol. Blind Tennis does exist, but it's something completely different... as is the Japanese version of Table Tennis for the blind which Simba also mentioned.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-05-15 18:02:25

Hi.
Well, my only knolledge of japanese table tennis for the blind is just that it exists xD, I don't really know what the difference between that one and showdown is actually.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-05-16 17:08:16

Power Showdown is a game played on a table, and it includes elements of table tenis and air hockey. There is a net on either end of the table, and a board halfway down with a two-three inch gap underneath it. You serve by bouncing the ball, which is slightly larger than a pingpong ball and filled with stuff to rattle, off the side. If you get the ball in your opponent's net you get three points. If you hit the middle board you lose a point. You do wear a glove as it can get intense.

thanks,
Michael

2018-05-17 10:32:01

Hi! I knew showdown, but I didn't know about the japanese blind ping pong... Anybody who played it? If so, which do you think is the funniest, Showdown or blind ping pong? I think I'd prefer the most intense one.

2018-05-18 15:38:59

Power Showdown is different from the original game invented by Pat York here in Canada.

As to which is better, I haven'
t ever played Blind Table Tennis, but from videos I have watched it doesn't sound as intense or brutal as Showdown, which I used to play every summer growing up.

2018-05-21 14:53:37

Hey.
I play showdown, but I don't know power showdown, In showdown when you get ball to the oponent goal, you get 2 points, but when you hit in screenboard, your oponent get 1 point.
Showdown is popular in Europe, but who play showdown in Asia or America?

2018-05-21 22:41:30

And Where can I listen to power showdown game?

2018-05-22 04:02:59

Showdown was invented in Canada... but it never got too popular here, unfortunately.

2018-05-22 17:10:37

Ehh it is the pity. I love showdown.
But power showdown is the same as showdown,
if not, where can I watch power showdown match?

2018-05-23 13:32:45

i prefer showdown,because if ping-pong,you can hit the ball out the table ,but showdown,it is not very easy to do that,if the ball stop but not into the hole,you still can hit   it back.

2018-05-23 13:54:47

Snow do you say about audiogame or normal pingpong and showdown?