2018-05-13 18:43:11

The guys who want this to stop should stop putting this topic up in the list. I did it too, but just for advice. Not posting here again.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2018-05-13 18:58:54

Good advice but if we do, he will just come out with other topics.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-05-13 19:09:43

And, looks like the answer is no. Oh well.
I, the god emperor of humanity ascendant, hereby declare war on your virtual state. If you do not wish to be destroyed utterly, you must meet my conditions. 1: you must provide me with a lifetime supply of cheese, delivered to me by next Tuesday (bonus points if it's gouda). 2: you must stop posting on this form forever and always. If either of these conditions are not met, my troupes will destroy you utterly; the lizard overlords are on my side. We have already taken your homeland, and offer you these terms only out of generosity. You'd better accept!
...now imagine if that works!

2018-05-13 19:34:47

@ironcross32 While he's made at least 60 topics about moving to another state, this is the second topic he's ever made about starting a virtual state, and yet you're saying it needs to be stopped like he's made this same topic thousands of times.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-05-13 19:53:36

@29 He needs to be stopped from posting here altogether is what I'm saying.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-05-13 19:54:13

@29, right then let him post it over 58 times if that is

Paul

2018-05-13 21:03:05

@shotgunshell, YES, HE NEEDS TO BE STOPPED. Let's see:
- First, the first time I see him is in the developers room. He repeatedly switches programming languages, over and over and over, and can never find one he's comfortable with; he might as well go learn EBNF with Bison and Flex and build his own parser and then go to the GCC developer group to try and have it implemented in the compiler collection simply because I doubt he could ever implement it himself. Let's see, the topics about programming and scripting languages were this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, and this topic. I know the links are practically nondescript but the topic names are very recent ones. And while normally I'd be happy to help out a developer who asks questions like this, most of the questions he asked (i.e. this, this, this and others are very good examples of questions he's asked that are clearly inflammatory in nature. In case you don't know, the three questions I listed above are questions about programming language vs. programming language. I linked to another topic he did this in (this one and this one) that are the same thing. He was repeatedly told *not* to ask these very questions simply because they were opinionated questions and were likely to start flamewars (as has been seen on many other forums where this same question was asked... didn't end well). Then he goes posting shit like this and it only lengthens our list of reasons to get him removed.
- He continues this process, over and over and over, which definitely pissed me off. And I know it pissed practically every other Developer on this forum off too. (Correct me if I'm wrong. Won't mind.)
- He posts impossibilities like this, and wants to implement them anyway despite the fact that they're clearly impossible.
So, after that..... please try defending him now?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-05-13 21:08:36

@Ethin I can't defend him for all the things he's done before, that's inexcusable. I'm focused on this topic alone.

TWITCH

2018-05-13 21:21:18

I'm not focused on this topic alone, I'm focused on his behavior over all. Also, just to make it clear, it has nothing to do with whether I agree or disagree with his points, like him or not, it just has to do with the fact its annoying as fuck to see this shit damn near every day. If this forum weren't so kid gloves on, believe me, I'd rail on the dude so hard he'd not dare to show his face here ever again. I know people are bound to think I'm harsh, possibly an ass hole, and they're not wrong. It's not my goal to be an ass hole, I just don't suffer fools well at all. I've held back sooooooo much here, believe me, if the rules weren't in place, there are a few people who would feel my wrath in full.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-05-13 22:26:50

shotgunshell, thank you, God and the universe see this, you will get good for it.
Ethin, ironcross32, it's like with computers, phones, the Internet. People thought this was fantastic, unreal.
I promise you, if I don't destroy technical development, in any case I will have create my virtual state, and we will have success. I don't care what you say. I believe in myself and that's enough!

2018-05-14 00:21:33

I don't quite understand how you would destroy technical development. Are you under the impression that magic works like in books and movies or something?

2018-05-14 00:33:25

@jonikster, I'm tired of repeatedly warning you, over and over, that *this will not work*. Period. Zip. Zap. Done. It just won't. I've had enough of your repeated pushing to get this done. Fine, go do it. I won't stop you. But when your little virtual state collapses, I'll either be laughing my ass off and telling you 'I told you so', or I'll not even notice because more interesting things take up my time and interest.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-05-14 15:37:53

Draq, This requires good strategies and a lot of time. About magic, I'm a mage. In this world, because of technology, very little energy. For this reason, magic is not popular in this world.

2018-05-14 19:38:06

....so you officially went to crazy land. Well it had to happen sooner or later I guess. Okay, so, if youdon't like technology how are you posting this, some magic sparkly fairy carrier pigeon Tinkerbell think you conjured? Ay gods, I hope that pigeon thing has more sense than you do, you may b in crazy land but here's the thing.....

You're not immune to criticism or ridicule...and you're setting yourself up for a lot of both to be dropped on you from a great, greight height.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2018-05-14 21:14:01

ok then, I issue this challenge to you. If you are a mage, I will send you on a difficult and dangerous quest! Are you ready to undertake this quest? Hex away every single one of our world problems, and then we're ready to talk! If you win this challenge, I will give you 500 gold pieces, even though you won't need them, because a mighty sourcerer like you can simply conjer them out of thin air! Hey, stop pointing that wand at my military general... ok, now you've done it. You've offended my virtual state's administration, of which I am part of. Relations between you and beerland are very poor, I would advise you not to offend us any further, or you will suffer the full wrath of beerland! We will flud your streets with cheep canned beer, and then our forces will invade with their giant pizza artillery launchers, and your puny soldiers won't stand a chance, because my soldiers are going to convince them to go on lots of rave parties and so they will be to busy to fight as beerland triumphs once again. Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-05-14 22:24:45

I feel I must point out that, just because he says he is a mage, that doesn't mean that he necessarily believes that magic in the real world works like the magic depicted in games and other media. There are many people out there who believe in magic and call them selves mages, witches, wizards, etc, and they will tell you that magic in the real world is nothing like what people think it is. So just because someone calls themselves a mage, it doesn't mean that they can hex away the worlds' problems.

2018-05-14 23:18:52

@41, he's being sarcastic with his response. He knows that our supposed mage could never accomplish the task he's set out for him.

My Github

2018-05-15 00:58:27

I just feel like this topic has gone all out of rationality, any rational response would just be washed away in the tide of irrationality

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-05-15 01:18:51 (edited by Ethin 2018-05-15 01:19:04)

@43, I don't think this topic was ever rational to begin with. smile

My Github

2018-05-15 03:26:42

nope, not really.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-05-15 04:55:00

It could have been if people wouldn't pass by a topic and think, "Oh boy, here's something I can stomp on!" The topic has gone bad because you guys made it that way. You could have ignored it and let it sink to the bottom, but no, you have too much pride to do that. So, now do you wonder why this topic isn't rational?

TWITCH

2018-05-15 07:42:46

Have you not been watching as this guy creates topic after topic after topic about things, asks inane questions, in minute detail, uses sweeping generalizations that set our moral and ethical standards back 200 years, as if we're not in enough trouble already.

Something, needs, done, to stop, this kind, of thing. And its not helping to ignore it.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-05-15 18:04:42

anyone thought of virtual nation building games?
nation states?
cybernations?

reminds me of good old days, will consider restoring them at some point.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2018-05-15 18:16:06

ironcross32 wrote:

I'm not focused on this topic alone, I'm focused on his behavior over all. Also, just to make it clear, it has nothing to do with whether I agree or disagree with his points, like him or not, it just has to do with the fact its annoying as fuck to see this shit damn near every day. If this forum weren't so kid gloves on, believe me, I'd rail on the dude so hard he'd not dare to show his face here ever again. I know people are bound to think I'm harsh, possibly an ass hole, and they're not wrong. It's not my goal to be an ass hole, I just don't suffer fools well at all. I've held back sooooooo much here, believe me, if the rules weren't in place, there are a few people who would feel my wrath in full.

who are you?
one of the grandsons of Mr. Tom Riddle? big_smile

well, the best thing you all can do is report, I've seen a few cohearent people getting banned in a jiffy without creating a tonne of topics. no wonder that the op is not being issued a warning of a sort.

@ironcross, believe me, the forum used to be a completely different place
approximately 3 years back. I'm actually posting here after a long time with no regret. smile

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2018-05-15 18:25:15

yeah, point taken. It just gets annoying to see this same pattern over and over and nobody does anything about it.

End racism
End division
Become united