2018-05-13 01:06:15

I, the heir of Bartfolk's knowledge,
Arrived from the world of spontaneous magic into the world of technology,
in this world known as Constantine Ryzhikov,
announce the preparations for the establishment of a new virtual state.
A virtual state - a state that is not recognized by other existing states, may not have territory, can be located only on the Internet, on paper or in the fantasies of the founders.
A virtual state can have elements of an ordinary state. National flag, coat of arms, anthem, currency, government, laws.
The opinion of the people is very important for our state. For this reason, recently we conducted 2 polls. Both had the same questions. One in English, the other in Russian.
Now we don't announce the establishment of a new virtual state. At the moment we are preparing for the foundation of a new virtual state.
I invite everyone interested in our government. Now we choose the prime minister and the government.
Basic information:
Background:
I don't belong to this world. Earlier, I lived in a world of spontaneous magic. I was and still is the king of the kingdom of Bartfolk.
Our kingdom has a lot of land. We could have become an empire for a long time, but I don't like the name of the state as an empire and the title of emperor.
I was sent to this world to fulfill the mission. My mission is to find portals or open new ones to move to other worlds. As a secondary task, I must try to bring this world back to life.
The world of technology has gone along technological development, but this does not mean that we can fix it in the opposite direction.
We are not against technology, but technology blocks magic. We should try to fix this or divide this world into two parts, one of which will prohibit technological development.
I decided to found a new virtual state. This state will have the same structure as Bartfolk in the world of spontaneous magic.
Name of state:
The Kingdom of Bartfolk
Form of government:
A constitutional monarchy. The monarch has broad rights, but his powers are governed by the constitution. Also the monarch rules together with the parliament.
People power:
The people have the right to express their wishes to the government. Also, the government sometimes conducts surveys. But the final decision is for power.
Election of government:
Hereditary monarchy. Parliament is appointed by the monarch
Religion in the state:
There is freedom of religion. There is a new religion
Current goals:
Achieve sovereignty;
Unite the people;
Construct a royal palace;
Interfere with technological development.
Any questions about the King's contacts:
Email address:
[email protected]
Now we need those who know English and other languages who can translate the constitution into other languages.
Thank you!

2018-05-13 01:43:37

I cannot stop dying over here from laughter. Lmao! Roflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflrofl!
@1, seriously, man, WTF are you smoking? You don't seriously think this will work, right? Omg man we reprimanded you quite harshly on this very topic when you last posted this. And you still want to try? OMG, man, go back into your world of RPG games and gods. Omg. big_smile

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-05-13 02:16:14

what's wrong with the topic?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2018-05-13 02:31:49 (edited by Jeffb 2018-05-13 02:33:05)

Once again I am sad that the dwarf community has rejected my request to join them as I am 6-2. I will now establish the kingdom for abnormally tall dwarves. Long may we grow our beards and bang our anvils.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-05-13 02:40:41

I still don't get what the issue is.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2018-05-13 03:01:00

bwahahahahahahw what the actual... tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue like what! omfg omfg omfg omg omg omg omfg, like *breathing heavily due to laughing so hard* what?

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-05-13 03:14:08

@Ethin @ironcross32 Don't like it, ignore the topic and move along. If he wants to believe the sky is pink and Skype is a video sharing service then let him. Everyone has a god, gods, science, or anything else given right to believe what they want to believe. Seriously, grow up. I'm sure you both have screwed up beliefs too, do you want to be made fun of for that?
@Jeffb I would say the exact same thing to you if your post wasn't funny, so consider this a pass on your part.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-05-13 03:16:01

Uh, you do realize that no one would have reacted this way if not for the sheer ridiculousness of him trying to get a reaction out of people by employing this new tactic, right?

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-05-13 03:34:44 (edited by Dan Gero 2018-05-13 03:37:00)

@turtlepower17 He's making his beliefs public and encouraging people to tag along. It's no different than me telling someone that I believe drinking at least two glasses of milk every day is good and encouraging them to do that, and yes I do believe that drinking two glasses every day is good for you. Anyway, he's not trying to get a reaction out of people, he's trying to get people to support his beliefs and go along with him. Personally that's not my thing, but I wouldn't have slammed him for it in his topic.

TWITCH

2018-05-13 04:00:38

Very interesting.

2018-05-13 05:31:42

@shotgunshell, no, he's not stating his beliefs publicly. He's not even stating his 'beliefs'. He's stating, quite clearly, that he wants to do this, and will try to, and he wants to pull other people into this little scheme. Do not attempt to lecture us on "beliefs" when you clearly don't understand what this is. This is a clear attempt to start this bullshit again, and he's practically saying that this is possible. He did this once before in multiple topics and he was told, in no uncertain terms, that this was not possible, would never happen, and no one would ever join him on this little 'venture'. And now he's employing another tactic, another attempt to enthrall readers into believing that this is possible, that they can do it, and that it will work. I've read the entire thing and I can tell you that he hasn't talked this through with anyone; he hasn't even thought it through at all. I've already explained, numerous times and to numerous people, why this wouldn't work, and many others have said similar comments, but I'll reiterate what this is, so that all may understand.
- This is an attempt to start a nation, either on the internet or in the mind (as obvious by the key word of "virtual" in the title of the topic, and in its repeated use in the OP's main post).
- This nation is quite literally the definition of a Utopian society: an ideally perfect state; especially in its social and political and moral aspects.
- History has shown us through the billions of years that this planet has existed that this very idea is impossible.
- This new tactic is just another way to attempt to do the exact same thing that he has done before.
- The OP has not considered things like:
* War;
* Racial, sexual, and other differences;
* Governance of the 'nation';
* The economics of such a nation (currencies, money printing/distribution, sources of governmental and nongovernmental income, etc);
* Laws and law enforcement;
* And many other things I'm not bothering myself to think up purely because I could care less about attempting such an impossible task.
- The OP has also not considered how the population of the internet and the world would react to such the formation of this kind of nation. And I'm going to shut that avenue of thought down right away by saying the world would *not* appreciate this kind of bombshell. Either the world would completely ignore you and refuse all inside and outside offers of help, trade, etc.; or the world would attempt to annihilate you through any means necessary.
We already have enough nations as it is (I think the nation count was 206, last check). We don't need any more.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-05-13 05:38:46

@7 heh, you don't know what you're talking about, and I'd recommend that you heed your own advice in general. He posts topics all across this forum with either next to no thought, or sweeping generalizations that are mostly inaccurate. SO, posting this, it indicates more of the same, dreaming with no forethought as to how to get it done.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-05-13 07:45:32

Ethin, ironcross32, you stupid people. I did not say that we should necessarily do it. We just think about it. Because this idea is not beneficial to the world and you are right that we can be destroyed.
About the virtual state. In the world there is a cosmic virtual state. And this state includes more than 200,000 people. And you want to say that there are no people in the world who will go with me?
In the 19th and early 20th century people did not believe in telephones and equipment. It is the same.
Ethin, you said that no one follows me? You are stupid and wrong. I have 4 people who support me. One of them knows Arabic, and is ready to translate the constitution into Arabic.
shotgunshell is right, if you do not like it, ignore it. No one would like to hear your offensive words.

2018-05-13 08:03:31

jonikster wrote:

Ethin, ironcross32, you stupid people. I did not say that we should necessarily do it. We just think about it. Because this idea is not beneficial to the world and you are right that we can be destroyed.
About the virtual state. In the world there is a cosmic virtual state. And this state includes more than 200,000 people. And you want to say that there are no people in the world who will go with me?
In the 19th and early 20th century people did not believe in telephones and equipment. It is the same.
Ethin, you said that no one follows me? You are stupid and wrong. I have 4 people who support me. One of them knows Arabic, and is ready to translate the constitution into Arabic.
shotgunshell is right, if you do not like it, ignore it. No one would like to hear your offensive words.

Let's see...
1. "Ethin, ironcross32, you stupid people. I did not say that we should necessarily do it. We just think about it. Because this idea is not beneficial to the world and you are right that we can be destroyed." Calling us stupid, now? I think its the other way round, good sir.
2. "About the virtual state. In the world there is a cosmic virtual state. And this state includes more than 200,000 people. And you want to say that there are no people in the world who will go with me?" The cosmic virtual state? Do you even know what 'cosmic' means or did you just pick that up from a dictionary? The word "cosmic" means, as an adjective, "of or from or pertaining to or characteristic of the cosmos or universe" and "inconceivably extended in space or time." So your saying that everyone is spread out across the entire universe? Nope, I don't think so! Do you even know how large the universe is? The last time I heard a length in miles, which was about 6-7 years ago, if not earlier, it was seven billion. (That may have been our solar system, but the point still stands.) By now its probably well over 12 billion, because the universe is doing what it always does -- expanding. Expanding and expanding and expanding. So how can the entire world be spread out throughout the cosmos? That sounds like some crazy fucked up quantum entanglement theory or something.
3. "In the 19th and early 20th century people did not believe in telephones and equipment. It is the same." No its not, actually. And your wrong about the dating, too. People believed in telephones back in the 19th century; the first telephone was invented in 1860, and, 20 years later, the gramophone was in 1880. Please get your facts strait before saying ludicrous things like "this is the same as the technological evolution of telephones". Come on, man. This is more like the evolution of humanity -- really, really, really slow, with hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of years passage before anything super major is noticed.
4. "Ethin, you said that no one follows me? You are stupid and wrong. I have 4 people who support me. One of them knows Arabic, and is ready to translate the constitution into Arabic." First, you again say I'm stupid. Tell me how I'm "stupid". Please! Really wanna know! Also, I never said that no one would follow you. Not once in this topic did I explicitly say, "No one will follow you." I said that you were told more than once that this would not work. I'd need to check but I may have said that no one would help you in another topic. But that brings me nicely back onto your other point -- that you have only four people "following"/"helping" you. Only four? Seriously? You count that as a victory? Tell you what. Translate that constitution into legalese English -- also known as Precise English -- and into other legalese/precise languages with legalese in there to make it formal and legally binding -- and get a few thousand people following you. Then I might consider that a win for you.
5. "shotgunshell is right, if you do not like it, ignore it. No one would like to hear your offensive words." While I could ignore it, perhaps I don't want to. And "offensive words"? Since when was I ever offensive on here. Someone tell me when I was offensive. Anyone. big_smile

My Github

2018-05-13 08:32:44

Oh good lord @jonikster, I can only hope you will get... a... clue. I just don't have the words.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-05-13 08:35:00

Ethin, https://asgardia.space/en/

2018-05-13 09:39:13

@16,
they, unlike you are founding their selves for reaching a predefined goal, not because they do like to have power on other people. BTW, I'm still not sure in how are people offensive in here.

Paul

2018-05-13 09:48:01

A virtual state with magic? Could be a decent rp, I guess. There are already games on the internet where you get to build your own country, so why n ... wait, you are serious about this? Huh, that's ... interesting. I'll pass.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2018-05-13 11:38:14

Moderation!

this topic is going rather beyond the bounds of reasonable disagreement here.

yes, disagree with the idea, but when your throwing words around like "stupid", and dismissively claiming that someone "doesn't know what they're talking about" then things are going a bit far.

Remember this is a discussion forum, even if the idea under discussion is ludicrous or possibly contrary to reality, if your going to actually contribute to a thread, please contribute! something since simply writing a lot of sniggering just makes you appear childish and  doesn't improve the tone of the discussion, however valid the idea under discussion is.

likewise, throwing around words like "stupid" doesn't help either.

Ultimately, if your writing a mesage, for or against something, it should be a message which both those in the topic and those who might come to the topic later find helpful to read, and lots of posts about "rofl rofl I'm laughing" really aren't.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-05-13 12:32:50

Definition of belief: trust, faith, or confidence in someone or something. That's clearly what this is, he has faith that his virtual state thing will work and he's trying to get people to tag along.

Ethin wrote:

@shotgunshell, no, he's not stating his beliefs publicly. He's not even stating his 'beliefs'. He's stating, quite clearly, that he wants to do this, and will try to, and he wants to pull other people into this little scheme.

I.E., he has a belief and he's encouraging people to follow along.

Ethin wrote:

Do not attempt to lecture us on "beliefs" when you clearly don't understand what this is. This is a clear attempt to start this bullshit again, and he's practically saying that this is possible. He did this once before in multiple topics and he was told, in no uncertain terms, that this was not possible, would never happen, and no one would ever join him on this little 'venture'.

It's not your position or, for that matter, anyone's position to tell him that though. Let him do it. If he wants to try it, by all means he should be allowed to without being judged. I now know the last place I'm ever going to go to share my ideas with people, because on this forum I know that no matter what the idea is I am always going to get bashed for it.

Ethin wrote:

I've read the entire thing and I can tell you that he hasn't talked this through with anyone; he hasn't even thought it through at all.

What, is it required by law to have a solid plan in mind before sharing an idea now?

ironcross32 wrote:

@7 heh, you don't know what you're talking about, and I'd recommend that you heed your own advice in general.

The advice being to ignore the topic? No, because I admit I was interested in reading it and seeing what he had to say. It's not my thing but I wanted to see where it was going. I did not come here thinking, "Oh, lets look at posts like Ethin and ironcross's bashing this guy and otherwise not contributing anything useful to the topic."

jonikster wrote:

Hey man, chill. I don't agree with them either but that's no reason to call them stupid. Do I think they no what they're talking about? Admittedly no I don't, but I don't think they're stupid either.
OK, that's all I have to say for now.

TWITCH

2018-05-13 14:03:40

One way to find out if he's thought of anything!
@Jonikster
Why a constitutional monarchy? In your previous topic, you talked about a utopia. they are, by definition, stable societies, while any society relying on lines of succession is not, plus all it takes is one nutcase child. I could get into the suckyness of dictatorships (a monarchy is a dictatorship)  but I've got better things to do.
Not to say that that is my only question, I'm just curious if you'll manage to come up with a coherent answer. Good luck!

2018-05-13 16:18:53

rashad, First of all, in the poll that I conducted, the majority voted for a constitutional monarchy. Further, in my world, the kingdom of Bartfolk had a constitutional monarchy.

2018-05-13 16:51:05

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa this again?

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2018-05-13 17:48:13

I just don't even know what to say anymore when this guy is allowed to repeatedly post dozens of topics with next to no coherency at all. It needs to stop, and I don't know why something isn't being done about it. Yeah this dude drives me nuts, I'm sick of it, but if anyone did it, I'd be pissed at them, and if I did it, I'd expect people to be pissed at me.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-05-13 18:20:00

Whetehr it's real or not, I'm more curious about this world of magic and its mechanics than anything else, heh.