2018-05-10 21:05:19

Hay Orial, I really love this new version!
A few oddities though....
When I start the game I always have to pres enter to change to text to speech voice. I figured this would save between sessions?
Also, the game seems really laggy when
using a screen reader.
In jaws for example it always says blank, then the menu choice after a few seconds.
And that's after I press insirt z.
Also, the game doesn't remember where the folder for editing beatpacks is.
Well it does, but it still asks, and that part of the game doesn't talk unless you have a screen reader.
The pack downloader worked fine for me, it just took something like thre hours to download everything.

Regarding the startup messages, you should do a few small things.
first, find some way to let the user know they need to press enter to continue.
Maybe on the first message welcome to beat star, you could ad something like;
Press enter to go through messages like this.

I don't really mind the installer, I just wish I could choose where the game installs to and if I want a desktop icon and the like.
One last thing, please remove the following packs from the database, as they are outdated versions of packs that are already in their.
rhythm-heaven-feaver
rhythm-heaven-feaver-English
Please note the spelling, as fever is misspelled as feaver in these packs and not in the updated ones.
Later!

2018-05-10 21:23:37

nidza07 wrote:

Hi Oriol. I think in Foodball you forgot to make anthem interruptable by pressing enter. Also after losing the achievement didn't play, but fortunately I have checked my list and it is indeed unlocked, just it did not play before nor after the winning team's anthem.

Hi.
Fixed for next version. The achievement that is. thanks

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2018-05-10 21:25:12

mojsior wrote:

Hi oriol.
I have found a bug when I am in the list of available soundpacks for download.
The game says that in order to exit the list i need to press a letter q.
But after pressing q it jumps to the first pack which is quentinc playroom but there is one way to quit the list.
I need to press the alt f4 combination in order to close the game.
Is it any way to close this list

Sorry.
Fixed for next version.

2018-05-10 21:28:26

threeblacknoises wrote:

Hay Orial, I really love this new version!
A few oddities though....
When I start the game I always have to pres enter to change to text to speech voice. I figured this would save between sessions?
Also, the game seems really laggy when
using a screen reader.
In jaws for example it always says blank, then the menu choice after a few seconds.
And that's after I press insirt z.
Also, the game doesn't remember where the folder for editing beatpacks is.
Well it does, but it still asks, and that part of the game doesn't talk unless you have a screen reader.
The pack downloader worked fine for me, it just took something like thre hours to download everything.

Regarding the startup messages, you should do a few small things.
first, find some way to let the user know they need to press enter to continue.
Maybe on the first message welcome to beat star, you could ad something like;
Press enter to go through messages like this.

I don't really mind the installer, I just wish I could choose where the game installs to and if I want a desktop icon and the like.
One last thing, please remove the following packs from the database, as they are outdated versions of packs that are already in their.
rhythm-heaven-feaver
rhythm-heaven-feaver-English
Please note the spelling, as fever is misspelled as feaver in these packs and not in the updated ones.
Later!

Thanks for your feedback!
I will try to add some clarifications to the setup messages and also try to fix the lag... I don't have lag myself so I don't really know what's wrong.

what happens if you use tts?

thanks.

2018-05-10 21:32:26

Hmm, next game rhythm rage!

2018-05-10 22:27:29

The game works totally fine with both tts and nvda; once I press nvda+space that is...
Also, is their supposed to be an exit option on the main menu? Because their isn't one.
I thought the intro message said I could press Q to quit the game, but it doesn't work.
Maybe I misheard something.
Oh well. alt+F4 still closes the game.
Later!

2018-05-10 23:02:58 (edited by crashmaster 2018-05-10 23:07:56)

I can confrim that on tts its faster but because its 64 bit only even though I can run it on 7 all I get is crappy anna.
All my good scansoft voices are 32 bit.
There is a lag with screen reader but still.
To all that are downloading packs, yeah its downloading it, its 4.6gb.
On that note, where do all the packs save? and where does the program save.
An installer downloads to my roming folder but thats not where the rest of the program goes.
Hmmm on that note I just found out it goes to local.
It would be nice if it went to program files or somewhere we could access it but oh well at least I know where it goes.
My only issue is if you ever corrupt your user profile you may have to reinstall it all again.
Where are the packs, can't seem to find them anywhere.
I cleared the old packs folder out.

2018-05-11 00:09:58

Packs are in your user folder, in a folder called beatpacks. Thought Oriol mentioned that in like the first post.

2018-05-11 00:22:59

He did, but I do think that's kind of a strange place to put them. Programs don't usually write to the root user directory. Ah well, at least we know where they are.

I notice the lag issue too, but with NVDA at least, it's not that bad. maybe 2 or 3 seconds at most.

I thought not being able to use my previous saved game was going to be a much bigger deal than it actually was, but once I started playing the default pack, I found that I liked it quite a bit. It's better than the Smack Me one that was the default in the previous version, and you can easily get enough beatcoins to buy more packs after a couple of runs anyway.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-05-11 00:29:32

I like the default pack too. Actually there seems to be a new logic with bitcoin earning as well as pack prices. When it comes to pack prices, their price now depends on how many levels they have. When it comes to beatcoin earnings and I am not fully sure yet on this, but in levels earnings do seem to be the same as before. However, if you complete a pack you get a big coin bonus. This bonus however also seems to depend on how many levels a pack has, ie you will get a much larger bonus on a pack with 30 levels than on one with 3 levels which is logical. I have 2 doupts however: 1. We no longer get a perfect scoring sound. Is this supposed to happen? Does it no longer matter? Before, when we would do a perfect score on a hard level, we would get a safeguard. I did not really have this happen yet, but maybe the difficulty of levels just has to be higher now. 2. The game talks about custom mapping. Where can you remap keys or is that a future version thing?

2018-05-11 02:03:30

Attention Mac users, you are better off using voiceover for this. When I use my tts, there is a huge delay between the move sound and the voice speaking the option. Using your screen reader eliminates this. Keep in mind, this doesn't apply to windows users.

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2018-05-11 04:24:16

i was just going say this about the mac version. also, when it says use voiceover keys and the arrow keys that means to use them to go to the close button to the right, then vo keys left arrow to the web area then just up and down arrow as normal.

2018-05-11 04:32:39

Am I the only one who is getting a message "No packs are available, if you think it's a bug contact me"?

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2018-05-11 06:30:38

AAh.
if you have all the packs then thats fine.
for me I just tried, slick new game, I can get to level 9 but then its rather to fast to get the rythm.
Its nice the packs are uncompressed though.
Well Hmmm its all over the place, I am backing up the packs folder to my hard drive, as While I can do this, waiting 2 hours to get the 5gb of data just well its a long time.
Its nice to see all the packs uncompressed though.
For one thing I can listen to them outside the game.
Bar the screen reader lag though the game is quite hard and well I am enjoying it.
Not as snappy as the bgt engine, but at least msse doesn't think I have a virus, and to be honest java is one language not many have really used for much and its good to see it being used.
I would like the ability to use innosetup installers just like we were with bgt, have a folder to put packs, have a folder to put the game, have a folder to download things to even if you just had a simple configuration program done in visual basic or something just to tell people where to put things.
Either that or some configuration file we could edit.
My only big issue is that packs, the last 5 or so that I want to download, I tell it to download all packs, I get it then I check again and I get 5 packs.
I try to get one of them, it comes, I try again and still have 5 packs, they all come when I get it, but I still have 5 packs to download, they are all installed, but the game doesn't seem to notice.
Its a good improvement, the old smack me bopit pack I do miss though, so I wouldn't mind that back at some stage as an extra pack.
In addition since we can read the pack folder, if packs use music which is free or something it would be nice to have a text file readable outside the game within the pack folder telling what is used, where to get it if free or even just what music albums bands if comercial, who wrote it, notes on the pack and author contact info and donation links if any.
If the packs will stay uncompressed, this could be a really cool addition.
I do think level9 is quite fast though.

2018-05-11 06:40:11

nidza07 wrote:

I like the default pack too. Actually there seems to be a new logic with bitcoin earning as well as pack prices. When it comes to pack prices, their price now depends on how many levels they have. When it comes to beatcoin earnings and I am not fully sure yet on this, but in levels earnings do seem to be the same as before. However, if you complete a pack you get a big coin bonus. This bonus however also seems to depend on how many levels a pack has, ie you will get a much larger bonus on a pack with 30 levels than on one with 3 levels which is logical. I have 2 doupts however: 1. We no longer get a perfect scoring sound. Is this supposed to happen? Does it no longer matter? Before, when we would do a perfect score on a hard level, we would get a safeguard. I did not really have this happen yet, but maybe the difficulty of levels just has to be higher now. 2. The game talks about custom mapping. Where can you remap keys or is that a future version thing?

Hi.
Yes, key mapping will probably be in the future.
It was not really a priority yet.
The beatcoin earnings happen at the end of a level now because they depend on your average, so if you do perfect score, you get more beatcoins.
You don't get the perfect score sound now, and nope, no safeguards, because I thought it was too easy for people to get safeguards at lower levels and then just beat packs easily.

hmm

2018-05-11 06:43:22

hi!
OK, I will keep your suggestions in mind, yes the mac version is faster with voiceover.
As for the windows version not being portable, I will do it for the next version.
This installer is a bit strange.

2018-05-11 08:04:33

Hey, Oriol.
With the new game does this mean that Rhythm rage is no longer the sequel?

2018-05-11 09:06:57

Oriol, for explanation, only this sound pack Bopit doesn't working. I'll checked everything on this pack, because this is strange, that It crashes game and only one sound pack.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2018-05-11 09:20:08

OK, I have tested everything with this pack, but nothing was changed, iT also crashes after starting game. Also, It loads very slowly.
Nextly, Oriol, why are not there help files? If somebody new would like to create new Beatstar pack, what would like to should to this person? Look on default pack?

2018-05-11 09:27:11

Also, I have another question.
Where are on-line instructions for Beatstar. I am not see any instructions, any documentation for beatstar and, this is also problem. There is not any guide to create new sound packs. Also, some sound packs have crashes.

2018-05-11 09:30:39

not trying to be rude, but is there any idea when the next update may be finished, just really sad lol. jk.

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2018-05-11 10:25:47

after testing abit I found a few bug
like other said the download process of whole packs seem buggy for myself
I must download 3 times for finishing this thing up
first I was able to download till 79.77 percent then downloader was stop downloading
so I decided quit the game with alt f4 then enter the game again and download second time
but before I downloading I check the download pack first it was told me that I have 80 pack were not downloaded
that said total files was count at around 1 gigs that original pack files was around 4 gig
then I went to the buy pack it said no packs available for download
next time that third try I was able to download remain pack files then it success but second time it was stopping 99.6 percent
then I went to download packs again it said I have 6 packs that were not download
ok I try download 6 packs with download whole thing after finishing game back me to main menu after that I check again still I have 6 packs to download
I tried download single pack but still have 6 packs so it might be a bug that other said previous
but it odd when I saw buy pack it show 130 packs so I don't know why 6 pack still show at the download pack because 6 files that shown are same ones in the buy pack option
ok sorry for long post but I prefer portable version of next release though

the bestest reward for people who are working so hard they should receive their experience of their own life.
everyone can collect in everyday.
:d

2018-05-11 10:34:57

Hello all!
Since I still have this downloading probleme, would it be possible to make the soundpacks available frome the website itself? This way I could download the whole 4 gb and install them directly in the soundpacks folder, which I have allready spotted. To me it's the only option I have.

Best regard,
Arkandias

2018-05-11 10:40:15

Hi.
I dont have any lags with nvda.
Lirin if you have this message it means that you dont have any packs downloaded, download any pack via downloader and it should works

2018-05-11 12:18:12

Oriol, is it intentional not to have freezing sound in beat reverse? I think that was in the BGT version too but not sure why it is like that.