2018-05-10 15:38:23

Hi.
OK the manual thing is a mistake
it is the mini tutorial on web start when it asks you if you want a tutorial.
to the person having problems with bulk download.
I have tried, it is true that it gets stuck at 0.8% however it is only because it is downloading a very big pack.
let it download for a bit and it should continue
problem is percentage only updates when downloading each pack.
just wait for a bit, if it really doesn't download let me know and I'll think of something to do

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2018-05-10 15:39:28

OK, you are saying it crashes also when downloading single packs, have you tried buying that pack and see if it downloaded correctly?
Or better yet, send me your user folder/beatpacks folder.
I don't know how else to fix this, hmm

2018-05-10 15:41:25

Is it possible to save the progress on a current pack, for example if I'm level 5 and if I don't want to start over?

2018-05-10 15:44:23 (edited by ogomez92 2018-05-10 15:45:26)

Hi.
OK the manual thing is a mistake
it is the mini tutorial on web start when it asks you if you want a tutorial.
to the person having problems with bulk download.
I have tried, it is true that it gets stuck at 0.8% however it is only because it is downloading a very big pack.
let it download for a bit and it should continue
problem is percentage only updates when downloading each pack.
just wait for a bit, if it really doesn't download let me know and I'll think of something to do@arkandias. I am assuming that the default pack downloaded fine? i.e. You were able to play the game?
If so, that is definitely strange that you are unable to download other packs...

@28
hi, did you beat a pack?
The save feature nlocks when you win your first pack.

2018-05-10 15:54:20

Correction!
When downloading a single pack, it works properly. I'm trying to download all packs again, I'll let it work for ;.. let's say hafl an hour and we'll see. And yes, the default pack downloaded perfectly to, it seems to be linked with the big downloads only...

2018-05-10 16:06:34

Hi ogomez92.
I am facing an issue ware, even if N V D A is put to sleep. the game stats, but when you arrow up and down you hear the sound of the game as if its making menue choices, but there is no speach. in other words, the game is silent, and hence this is why I cannot make selections because, theirs no speech to guide me. laptops lenovo x260 16 gig ram, samsung 850 pro ssd.
beet start instals to the appdata folder under local.

There's a place for me in this universe.

2018-05-10 16:20:08

I am just curious, is it possible to save progress of the current pack?

2018-05-10 16:40:38

Hello again!
Ok, I have the results of my last experiment smile .
The progress bare still indicates 0.9 percent after 30 minutes. I think that, if the downloading process takes to long, it automatically interrupts. Does someone have the same issue?

2018-05-10 17:27:03

Hi there, this game is awesome and I do not face the problem with the pack downloader, I was downloading 4.75 gigs of packs, but bloody microsoft just restarted my pc for an update.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-05-10 18:21:34 (edited by adiluralbaev 2018-05-10 18:22:21)

Hi all! It's realy nice game! Thanks for you, ogomez92. I want portable version.

Regards, Adil.

2018-05-10 18:37:42

Hi.
I will try to find a way to let you guys report problems.
because I'm not sure what's going on.
for now just download packs by selecting multiple ones until I can figure out how to fix this crap.
Anyway, the game is silent even without NVDA?
Go to the main menu and press enter.
It should switch to text to speech.

see if this works

2018-05-10 18:46:07

hi, how to create my own soundpack

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2018-05-10 18:49:27

Hi
Will there be a 32 bit version? Since this one doesn't work on windows 32 bit at all.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2018-05-10 18:51:37

hi, let me try to describe it better.
if i quit n v d a. then i press enter, the intro seen is skipped. then when i arrow up and down. it makes the game sound to show you navigating options. but there's no system speech. its as if speech is not selected. its as if, you turned all speech off.
its as if the games only communicating by sound.
if you can post the exact number of times, i must arrow to get to the preference ware i can select a voice, i'd appreciate it.
right now as it stands. if i do switch on NVDA, I do know that the first options screen is language selection.
if i then select, english it takes me to the next menue. and the only dialogue in that window is. Welcome to beetstar. I know this because that is as fars nvda will reed. I uf corse do switch it off. but i'm only trying to paint as detailed picture as I can

2018-05-10 19:05:28

Hey Oriol, good job! Love it even more than the BGT Version!
I really like the New rhythm rage sounds for the default pack.
Now, I'm off to buying more soundpacks and mini-games, playing more packs, get more achievements, and really enjoy this game. My anty virus told me the old BGT Version had virus, and deleted it. Stupid thing! So thanks, Oriol! I really looked forward to playing beatstar again! smile

2018-05-10 19:16:22

Hi!
Ok I've made many tests to make this clearer. Al I can say for now is that :
1. It is clearly not a question of downloading time, but a question of file size. Actually when reaching the 80mb or about that, the files only download partially.  If I try to stay under this limit it usually works.
2. When you try to download a file which is bigger then this limit, I mean a file or a group of files, it allready creates all the corresponding folder and than consider them as corrupted packs.
3. Giving the program al the necessary autorisations in my security center doesn't change anything. Atleast I've tried big_smile .

HOpe this helps to clarifie...

Best regard,
Arkandias

2018-05-10 19:43:51

@39, the tts and screen reader switch is right on the first option on the main menu , why don't you just use NVDA though?

2018-05-10 19:55:30 (edited by Naruto 2018-05-10 19:57:28)

is there any way to make a 32 bit version. i'm running windows 7 32 bit

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2018-05-10 19:58:05

Hi Oriol. I think in Foodball you forgot to make anthem interruptable by pressing enter. Also after losing the achievement didn't play, but fortunately I have checked my list and it is indeed unlocked, just it did not play before nor after the winning team's anthem.

2018-05-10 19:59:49

hi.
press NVDA space to turn off browse mode and you should be able to use NVDA.

About 32 bits. hmm, I thought it would be compatible with 32 bits, I will try to fix it for the next version, hmm.

hth

2018-05-10 20:08:35

thank you to all, running the repair tool fixed it

2018-05-10 20:19:07

Ok, one last message to say that I must admit that there is no logic at all. It doesn't depend on the file size, the downloading time or anything else. I've been trying to download single packs for hours now, and some are just ... well buggy. A pack of 65mb can make the downloading process crash as well as a pack of 18mb... I have no idea of what I can do or what can be done in general... This is really frustrating...

2018-05-10 20:26:03

Let me clarify, post 39, when nvda says welcome to Beat Star, just press enter and it will work, it worked and the game itself works great.
A single question, a docummmentation, something?

I want to know it better and a documment will be very good.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-05-10 20:33:02

Everything you need to know is in the game really. Even before I would check readme just for achievement info, but now even that is in the game.

2018-05-10 20:49:38

Hi oriol.
I have found a bug when I am in the list of available soundpacks for download.
The game says that in order to exit the list i need to press a letter q.
But after pressing q it jumps to the first pack which is quentinc playroom but there is one way to quit the list.
I need to press the alt f4 combination in order to close the game.
Is it any way to close this list