2018-04-16 08:18:58

to save the game, go to your character information.
for patch, you just have to replace things I believe.

2018-04-16 14:28:03

Hi

@silvermoon

as soon as sapi finishes speaking the instructions on how to control this option, you have to make sure the focus is located on the output. You will hear that sapi is currently being used as output method. Hit the right arrow once, make sure to have nvda already active, and the game should switch to nvda. Navigate to the bottom part, there you'll find a save option.

After nvda is active, make sure to perform the speech delay. This will make sure messages are completely spoken, instead of them being read half way and the game continueing, without reading it completely.

@giovani

thanks for answering. smile

@JasonBlaze

Thanks once more on explaining on how to save your game smile

@all others,

When you want to install the patch. Extract the content of the patch, copy the .exe you'll find in there, to your main folder of the game, and replace it.

Hope this helps, if not, we will try to find the solution together smile

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2018-04-17 23:11:37 (edited by pelantas 2018-04-17 23:13:50)

Hi all,

A few updates are made to the website, see below wich ones:

- Just updated the windows version for our Your_adventure game as well. Patch 2 is now included. So no unecessary downloading of this patch is required anymore.
If you already patched the game yourself, no worries, nothing new is added, just patched the main directory, so this extra downloading step can be skipped.
Just download the file on the games page if you want to give it a try.
- Editted the version numbers on the your_adventure page as well, to reflect wich patch is included. So both the version of windows and mac received the
number 2.2. To indicate that patch 2 is included.

I realize now, that the change still should be made in the game. I will note it down, and it will be done with the next patch/update smile

The coding of castlevania is going well. It more and more gets the shape we want it to be. But we aren't done for 1/4 we want to have it. But we feel rather content with what we already did. I won't spoil anything, i will show it when we get closer to release in a YouTube video smile

As Always, when any questions, concerns, suggestions or inconsistent behaviour of the game arises, don't hesitate to let us know smile

Thanks a ton forplaying this game, you all make it worth it to work on this project.

Greetz mike

Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:

2018-04-17 23:51:22

Hello, for some reason I'm unable to play this game.

I wanted to give it a try so I downloaded it and unzipped it to make a folder on my desktop, as I do with a lot of games I get.

When I go in and do the  thing where I select the main program file. It gives me a long thing where it shows the major file name and then says "The path is not available maybe you do not have the proper permissions." or something like that.

Haven't checked the readme but I will but if someone knows what is going on, please let me know. It isn't a block from my anti-virus or anti-malware.

2018-04-17 23:55:38 (edited by bookrage 2018-04-18 00:31:28)

maybe a folder or file didn't go through because I can't find that file now that I think I was supposed to use and maybe I clicked on the wrong one, going to try again.

update: no it is the exe file and last time it was just strangely deleted. It isn't getting deleted this time when it fails to load but it won't work. Maybe going to try restarting my system.

update: restarted: exe file was deleted, though it wasn't working in the first place, going to try redownload.

2018-04-18 10:00:37

Hi,

@bookrage

I will try the same package on my system when i get home. Please let me know if it works after downloading it again.

Greetz  mike

2018-04-18 14:47:07

the redownload didn't do anything different still "Windows cannot access this file, device, or pathway, perhaps you don't have the proper permissions."

I was using 7zip to unzip it.

2018-04-18 15:20:20

Hi

@bookrage,

I tried the same package as presented on the website, but running it via my downloads directory didn't work as well. I copied the archive to a directory on my computer, wich is excluded from scans from my anti virus, extracted the package again, and the game did run fine. Probably you can create an excluded directory as well. You can create a regular directory, but you'll have to exclude it by setting the directory as exclusion in the settings from your anti virus software.

This is a known issue for games created in bgt.

Should you encounter other issues, please let me know, and i will try help.

Greetz mike

2018-04-18 18:38:53

thanks I'll try to get that going, thanks.

2018-04-18 23:42:40 (edited by pelantas 2018-04-18 23:44:47)

Hi,

@bookrage,

please let us know if this "solution" will work. Normally it should. I wrote the word solution between quotes, because it mostly is. Not in all cases i think.

-- note, the below changes are in our version of the codebase. There will be an updated version when castlevania goes live as well.
Today i added different attacks for boss mobs. The small cave dragon now has two extra attacks to choose from. Other mobs for mobquests will have different attacks as well.
The hotkeys to quaff a large potion, and a small potion are now removed, and replaced by the I button. Your misc inventory will open up, and show the potions you have, or show none, if you don't have them. But beware. using this hotkey, it will pass the turn of attacking to your foe. No matter if you quaff a potion, or close this menu.
made the fishermans list of fishes he purchases seperate. Right now the game remains in his list, untill you hit the turn back option.
Gave the inventory system a large upgrade. When you select a category, and you examine or use an item, you first was thron back into the main part of the inventory, the place where you could choose a category. Right now, the focus remains in the category, instead of jumping back.
Did some more work on the castlevania area. Not many rooms were added, mainly work at the systems wich will be used in castlevania. fixed some bugs, and fixed inconsistent behaviour of those systems.

Greetz mikeE

2018-04-19 17:25:10

It will probably be a bit before I can check that solution, not exactly sure how to set up a folder and make my anti-virus make an exception so going to get a tech friend to help, but that will probably be several weeks. Even so planning big-time to try this game with you guys, because I still really want to play it. Not giving up and still intend to get it working and get it playing.

2018-04-21 00:11:24

Hi,

@bookrage,

i am sorry this is very time consuming, allthough i really hope your techfriend can help you getting it to work within a short amount of time.

--- new changes to our codebase:
1. fixed a small issue in the earlier created i hotkey to open your misc inventory during combat. Sapi was speaking, instead of the configured screenreader. This is now solved.
2. Expanded the castlevania area with several rooms. More will follow this weekend.
3. Started working on a new manual for the game. This time in html format, with easy recognisable headings etc.
4. created a new email address for you to get support from. The difference is, that the address [email protected] is a personal email from me, with the new address koma and hatlor will get access as well.
5. Already set up a new PayPal account to collect possible payments on. In short, the fundaments are present.

As you might see, some work is done on the background as well, not only game changes smile

A short note about the new email address, this one will become functional after we publish the new update. Unless then, you can continue to use [email protected]

Greetz mike

2018-04-21 03:14:51

Hey there.
First of all great work. I managed to finish all quests and explore all commonly known areas and had a good time with the world and activities.
I have a few suggestions on how to extend the life of the game after all quests are completed. Firstly, it would be awesome to have in-game tournaments for the various activities like cooking, fishing and combat along with a simulated ranking system against the inhabitants of the land. Secondly, it would be nice to see more tabern games that involve cards or darts and seasonal tournaments built around that and other activities as well.
Looking forward to seeing how this develops. Do keep up the excellent work.
Regards
Kenshira

2018-04-30 19:54:00

Hi

wow, good to be back at the project. Lots of stuff going on here smile

@KenshiraTheTrinity

Thanks for the feedback. I will note the ingame tournaments on my list. How i have it in mind right now, will it take on the formof a few ranking lists, with the gods granting you extra's when you finish a year on the 1st place. This will involve rankings for combat, harvesting, fishing and all the other activities. But the other participants on the lists, will also gradually increase in points. After the year is finished, all lists will be reset and you and the fictive npc's can participate again.
For the tavern games i have to carefully think it through, on what and how to build it. I can't promise anything, but i will note it down for now smile

--- updates in the codebase ---
1. fixed the highway men random event. At first you was able to get under 0 with your gold, when you didn't ownthe amount of gold the highway men demanded. Right now when you don't have enough gold, you will bebashed, with a chance to die. But it will be a fundamental part for a new quest we have in mind. The highway men, not the death aspect of their bashing.
2. fixed a few entries in the script wichrandomizes on what youfind in the sewers.
3.updated the reset script, when you exit a game. This script resets all variables to their default values. No worries, when you load afterwards, you will get your previously saved values.
4. Updated the lifes script. When you have 0 lifes left, and you die again, Your game will end.

Greetz mike

2018-04-30 23:19:39

Hi all,

Another update before i will start hugging my pillow, (go to sleep) big_smile

The past two hours i have added several rooms to the castlevania area. A total of 8, bringing the total rooms in the game to 80. They're also debugged as much as possible. Two rooms will have an extra use, instead of the standard rooms smile

Alright, lets see if my pillow will come to me when i whistle, cause my pillow is somewhere, i think i have to crawl down in an attempt to find it. This is no joke, it really is somewhere, but dunno where.

Till the next updates.

Greetz mike

2018-05-02 20:25:35

Sounds goodust as i imagined it. Maybe throw in a prize or trophy to give one a reason to compete.
In regards to combat in general, perhap you could implement a difficulty option that could be set at the beginning of the game. On the harder difficulty combat could be more of a timing thing where you would have to enter in your command after a clash sound and before the enemy acts. Pressing too early would cause one to not be able to act for that turn. Gor those who feel like combat is too easy, this would provide a challenge.
I'm excited for this project and look forward to future releases. Keep it up. smile

2018-05-06 18:55:53

Okay wow, this one's been out a while, apologies for me checking it so late.
I definitely like the improvements, the good/bad random events etc and the changes to fishing as well as the areas to explore and the various quests (yep there I go on my favourite thing again).

Okay a few comments.

First there could do with being a few grammar/spelling fixes, for example at one point grain fields was pronounced granefields (which nvda wrendered as granny fields), and since last I check it was a harvesting woman, and you weren't there to harvest women (much less old ones), this probably needs looking at big_smile.

I also noticed it mentioned "healty grain" at one point.

Oh and btw, grain in English, ie the stuff you make flour etc out of is spealt g r a i n, see Good old wikipedia for details.

Sorry to be the grammar police, as I said while granny fields made me smile it probably wasn't what you were getting at big_smile.

As to other things I like the way fishing works now since its much more interesting, though perhaps the grumpy old fisherman or someone else in game could give an explanation on the relative chances of size vs catchability, since I hadn't %100 god the relation there. You could also consider awarding one experience point per successful reeling attempt just to make progressing in fishing skill a bit farer.

I would also love to have some sounds for harvesting skill, since at the moment it  more like random text messages coming in than actually the work of harvesting, indeed you could consider having sounds for a successful/unsuccessful harvest attempt along with a key to toggle the game music off so that people could alt tab out of the game window and do something else while they're harvesting.

Speaking of music, i love the good/bad events, but the problem I had is that everytime they triggered the stings with them always cut over the game music and clashed horribly, so I'd suggest myself perhaps making the in game area music stop playing while they're going, either that or swapping them for shorter musical stings which might indeed be a better plan if more random events are planned.

It would also help to have a key to instantly go back to a previous menu rather than haaving to find the item, say escape, especially when looking at the inventory or the like, indeed it would be nice to have some quick status keys generally for when you don't want all the info on your character.
now on to the suggestions.

First, zone specific bad events. it seemed sort of odd to me that I was getting bitten by a grass snake in the middle of the sewers. A sewer snake maybe? (though I was wondering why I couldn't fight the thing), but it seems an odd place for the grass snake to be.
You already have the mechanic of finding gold etc as happens in the sewers, so having specific good/bad events for different areas shouldn't be an issue.

For example, while outside you could be caught in a rainstorm and lose energy, or give some money to a begger and get some experience in return. it also seems odd to me that these extorting highwaymen track you down constantly. It would be nice to vary that a bit, for instance maybe around Dalgrim city itself you could meet a city tax collector or get your pocket picked, while in other places you could meet bandits or the like, or maybe have accidents that cost you energy.

Another thing I'd love to see are better quality tools, especially if smithing, carpentry and tool making get into the game, since I always love being able to go and mine my own iron and coal, and then smelt it into steel to make my axe.

Depending upon how tools work, better tools could either A, be less likely to break after usage (if breaking is a thing, I know it was originally), or could give greater chance of critical success in skills, earning more rewards (more fish per attempt, more harvesting per attempt etc), or could work more quickly.

I'm not sure how skill completion chance is calculated vs skill level at the moment but its definitely something to think about.

I would also love to see more harvestables and gatherable stuff in the game. For example maybe hops or barley to make beer as well as the grain, which I presume is wheat or corn, and maybe sugar beat as well.

Actually the more stuff to make, the more quests and recipes and things to explore  the better.

I'll definitely look forward to seeing where this one goes.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-05-07 00:19:55

HI all,

@KenshiraTheTrinity

Am gald i am ingaining the same thing smile

About the combat, i agree it is a simplistic system. And it is possible to span the hack out of it. But the thought behind this system is, allthough it is very simplistic, we like the idea of players discovering on what gives them the most comfortable feeling, wheter this to wait patiently when you get the message to block or hit, or keep pressing the button and being succesful anytime. Coding the system was a sort of nightmare to get through, i admit, but on the other hand, created it this choice. I am not saying the work is done on the combat system, we will upgrade or alter it when necessary, for example, in the castlevania area, you will get the chance to throw a lasso, in an event wich occurs in that particular area. In other situations, or when you don't own the add-on, the button will produce a different message.

But for now, it has a lower priority, but i will add it to the list, to see if a rewriting of the system should be done, will earn me sleepless nights tongue but i promise that in time, i will give it a serious look to see on how or what can be changed.

@dark

No worries my friend, we all have life and things to do as well. Thanks a lot for your suggestions and comments. Living in the netherlands and getting english teached as second language has a lot of advantages, but also a few disadvantages. Really, sometimes i wished i lived in the uk or usa, when obama was still the president, but i want to get to your suggestions, so i will park this point for another topic, another day:

1. thanks for pointing out the grain thing, i will fix it for in the next update. Should be a small thing to correct.
2. Your point about the npc a harvesting woman isn't really clear to me, hopefully you can expand on that a little more?
3. no worries, i want to thank you for being the grammer police, cause the game could improve due to this, and i can learn more about the english language, especially the writing of certain words and grammatical stuff smile
4. the experience randomness could be increased, i agree, when i play the game, and i am fishing, i get beaten by the fishing system often, so increasing the experience gains would be wise indead, i first wanted to see how the community reacted on it, so thanks for bringing it up.
5. The grumpy old fisherman can get a message attached when you talk with him the first time, and after this, it will be an item in his menu, what would you think guys?
6. I haven't forgot on including more sounds, but i have to talk with koma about this, i will offer to gather stuff as well.
7. I will figure out on how to build in a hotkey to silence all music, or increasing or decreasing their volume. I don't have a clue yet, but there we have the developers room for.
8. The random events music should be replaced, i agree, it is still a stock script, wich means it needs upgrades. But the music should be replaced. I heard this as well from my friends. They collide, will note it down smile
9. a global hotkeys for statusses, will be noted down.
10. I see what you want about the random events happening in unlogical places, i agree that getting bitten by a grass snake in the sewers is odd. But i will note it down, and this random events, will be replaced by area specific ones. Probably not in the next update, but who knows. smile
11. better tools, i agree, but we have those planned when mining and smihting gets introduced, probably woodworking to craft handles as well. But an interesting point of view, for the superior tools, i was a bit of on a twilight zone on what to grand, or just crafting them for sale, but i think your suggestion is the best one in compairrison on what i came up with. noted down.
12. Could you please expand some more on your question about the skill level completion vs skill level calculation? Hopefully i can give a good awnser smile
13. No worries, a lot more harvestables will be introduced, not at the next update, apart from a few ones in castlevania, of wich 1 nad probably 2 will be available in the main world as well, but in the next update, they will only be available in castlevania. We have a lot of new recipes in thought, like the red berry pie, various ones when herbalogy gets introduced, but also a few when castlevania gets introduced, like the apple pie smile

Thanks for your comments and suggestions dark, we really appreciate them, we can't promise all stuff gets added, but we will do our best. It should be a world where everyone can find something they like. Thanks smile

Greetz mike

2018-05-07 01:06:40

Hi pelantas.

About the harvesting woman I was just making a rather bad joke, since with the way it was written it sounded as if Nvda said "granny fields", and of course in English "granny" is an affectionate term for grand mother, so it sounds like a field where you go to harvest old women big_smile.

With the fisherman yes, a message in the menu might be a good thing I think.

With what I meant by skill level completion vs calculation, what I mean is that you should get better with skills as you use them, but i'm not sure how the game calculates this, EG if there is an increased chance of finding stuff while harvesting or being successful while baking.

I rather like the system in land of Livia and indeed Drakor where you have different levels of product unlocked at different skills as well as increasing your chances of getting the old products.

So for example, at level one you might have a %60 chance of harvesting grain, then at level two you have a %70 chance of harvesting grain and a %50 chance of harvesting sugar beat, then at level three you have a %80 chance of harvesting grain a ^60 chance of harvesting sugar beat and a %50 chance of harvesting mushrooms etc.

Of course this also means different harvesting prospecting areas for different products, but you see what I mean, this also makes sure people get something new to play with by levelling up skills and means there are different places to explore.

Actually I like the idea of the skill's level defining what product you get and your chances of getting one, and then the tool either speeding up the skill or giving you the chance of getting more product per skill attempt, this would also give people a reason to do more things like cooking so they can level up to work with higher level cooking ingredients.

Btw, speaking of cooking one thing I find a little odd, is you can cell fish or flour directly, but you can't cell cooked goods, this seems particularly strange in the cases of things like loaves of bread.

it would also be nice to eventually have a fire making skil so you can cook in the forest once you have wood, though of course one thing at a time, especially since at the moment there aren't many wilderness areas.
As to combat, one other thing that might make it a bit more interesting without complicating it too far is giving you a dodge option.

Dodge is something you could only do occasionally, sy once every five rounds, but when you dodge the enemy's attack misses and you get a couple of free hits.
On the down side if your dodge fails you get hit for increased damage, so dodge is more like a gamble.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Castlevania area and trying out the famous whip, Super Castlevania is one of my favourite games on the Snes.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-05-07 12:24:41 (edited by pelantas 2018-05-07 12:32:20)

Hi,

@dark,

Haha, now i see the joke smile
No worries, it will be corrected, so no older women can be harvested then anymore tongue

The skill experience is random right now, so you will get between 1 and 4, or 1 and 5 in combat, experience per successful attempt. But it is a good idea to include the things you mentioned, like on level 1, you'll have 60 percent of finding grain, and a second resource when you are level 2, together with grain. Is noted down smile

About selling stuff wich you can't sell anywhere else, like food, i build a general store wich accepts these products in the castlevania add-on. I don't know if this will fit? Personally i like the idea of an extra option wich isn't available anywhere else, but probably you and the others have other oppinions about this?

Dodging is an option koma suggested as well, and can be easely included. But right now, the D key gives a description of your foe, so i think the e button will be used, e for evade. Noted as well.

The castlevania add-on is not based on the snes game, it is the domain of dalgrim's lord. It will contain his castle for sure, with a few quests, an event wich can be done if the season is right, as said earlier, a general store wich accepts all goods wich can't be sold anywhere else, a few resources wich can't be harvested anywhere else, this will open up a few extra recipes. But don't worrie, the main game will get upgraded as well, in my previous posts i also posted fixes and tweaks in the main game smile

greetz mike

2018-05-08 23:59:36

Hi all,

no new updates to mention yet, but i tried my hand at some more advanced sound designing, normally i leave this to koma and i don't participate in the creating of sounds at all. But recently i became interested in mixing some stuff together. The final result is the following video on youtube. This will show you the Your_adventure dreams of survival mix i finished this evening. Please keep in mind, this won't be good, but i will admit i am proud of it. But this also can be a bit of my uncertainty in what i am capable of.

So, without any further adue, here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxiDXTW0Zkw

If you can, please click like, click subscribe, share it with your friends, relatives etc smile

I want to create more of this kind, just for fun sake smile

Greetz mike

2018-05-09 02:56:24

Wow, just watched the video. Did you do all of the sound effects including writing the music as well? If so, every bit of that was very awesome!

2018-05-09 08:42:27

Hi,

@Sean-Terry01

The sounds of sword clashing and the paying of gold i toke from the alter soundpack and the music was delivered by brian kurosawa, wich is used in game as well. But the other efects, like the swordsplay, the opening of a bottle, drinking it and smashing it, and most others i made
myself.

If i wrote something incorrect, please feel free to correct me guys smile

But very glad you like it big_smile

Greetz mike

2018-05-09 23:49:58

Hello. I love this game but I have a question. Where can I get the add on for the extra rooms in the game and does it cost money or what thanks.

2018-05-10 10:45:03

Hi

@catfish1953

Am glad you like the game, but the add-on isn't released yet. We are actively building to it, and after this, we want to get it extensively tested by our beta testers, to ensure the community can buy it as bugfree as possible. Will lower the frustration at the communities end, but also at our ends. The add-on will cost money, but we aren't sure yet on how much, this depents on how large the area will be in the end, and on how much there is to do. But we don't want to be expensive either. The price is still a point of attention. But don't expect it to be 10 or 20 dollars. That would be rediculous and a total ripoff in our oppinion.

Thanks a lot for your interest smile

Greetz mike