2018-02-14 23:49:27

Hi there,
It's a long time since news were heard about Pontes Media Downloader.
Today, Nelu Cimpean released a new version which fixed some bugs, the most important being the problem when downloading Playlists.
Now it works and playlists can be downloaded by Pontes Media Downloader from Youtube.

Download version 2.1 clicking the next link:
http://pontes.ro/ro/utile/instrumente/p … ll_2_1.exe

Emanuel Boboiu
Errare humanum est, sed perseverare... diabolicum.
For other Audio Games and programs, visit www.scripts.pontes.ro!

2018-02-15 02:17:33

wonderful news. And the media downloader never quit or stopped working for me, so no idea what you are talking about there. Most common issues for it not to work are: 1. you set a proxy and forgot to disable that option on preferences and proxy went offline (happened to me)
2. You haven't updated the youtube DL tool which is under the options menu as update download engine.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-02-15 03:31:29

cool

2018-02-15 06:53:43

This is such an awesome program. I love it.

2018-02-15 10:00:33

Hi,

I havent used this much,but what I have I have liked.
one aditional slight improvement that would be cool to have would be allowing convertion of files downloaded.
I.E if you forget to set an option to convert the file into x y z after download, you would end up with whatever the default format the file was in. .flv, .mp4 etc. now if we could select files we wanted converted by pointing it to a location/ file, it would make life much more easier.

I downloaded a file from youtube,and forgot to have it converted, so now I am stuck with a flv file,the only one in my collection.Dont really mind it as much as vlc can play it just fine,but it sticks out because its the only flv in there lol
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2018-02-15 11:59:34

Hi Great news.

I never had issues with the program stopping working, though I did notice the playlist problem, I also used to see a case where you couldn't  convert something, the convert option just wouldn't change, but this problem hasn't occured since I switched to windows 10, so it might've been an xp thing.

Both my mum and Mrs. Dark  really like Pontes media downloader and how easy it is to use, indeed it's inability to get youtube or use the downloader that is one of the chief reasons my mum is finally! getting a windows 10 machine big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-02-15 14:29:22

Ok, I just tried download what I believed to be a playlist in it acted like it was downloading the playlist, but it did not download the playlist. LOL. It starts, then a few secs later it says it is done. On the other hand, I am able to download one at a time. Go figure. Anyway, here is what I tried getting so that others can see for themselves. I may be doing something wrong or it might just be something on my end. At least I still can get one at a time.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2018-02-15 18:00:13 (edited by flackers 2018-02-15 18:07:01)

@9 I tried downloading that playlist and it didn't work for me either. But everything else is working, including other playlists. I did notice that the playlist you linked had the first video deleted so maybe that causes problems for the downloader.
The playlist I downloaded as a test was an entire evening of shows from the BBC when they used to do themed evenings. This one was called weird night. Pretty interesting, though it does get less so as the night wears on. I was impressed at how quickly Pontes downloaded and converted what is several hours of video. It did it in a minute or two.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzits-u … FmZpTEdXPv

2018-02-15 22:40:06

11 I was scroll through it today while I get some of it and yes it does have a one or two that has been taken down. So, I will have to agree with you there.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2018-02-16 17:24:09

thanks for linking to that nova documentary collection! I'm going to test it with youtube dlg.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2018-02-17 03:18:50

I always use Youtube-dl when it comes to downloading videos on YouTube. I know, it kinda slow, just typing a few commands, you'll get your desires videos download in no time.

2018-02-17 13:39:08 (edited by ryok 2018-02-17 13:39:42)

Hi.
Try downloading the playlist with youtube
-dl gui. You can find it here. https://github.com/MrS0m30n3/youtube-dl-gui

2018-02-18 01:41:10

@6
you actually haven't tried re-downloading the same file, have you?
the program checks and converts the file if its already been downloaded, then deletes it afterwards.
@8: shouldn't really be the case, probably you mess up with your system too much or upgraded or did something I have absolutely no clue about and furthermore,  you are pretty much the only one complaining.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-02-18 18:53:25

Don't you have a thought though that since it is a thing which happens just to you it can be an issue on your side? Rather than arguing with him you could have spend that time checking your system, checking visual c redistributables, reinstalling the program and the usual troubleshooting steps

2018-05-04 18:47:32

Hello. I posted this on an older topic but I'll post this here. Hello to all. I had to reinstall windows 10 and can no longer get this program to run. I keep getting the program can not be executed  because of the msvcr100.dll error. I even installed the microsoft visual studio 2010 and dot net 3.5 framework and nothing. I can't remember what I did to make it work. I had this problem last year when I first got this computer and managed to fix it but I have no idea what I did. LOL Thanks for the help.

2018-05-04 19:54:34

2010 visual redistributables must be x86 even if you are on a 64 bit based system.

2018-05-04 20:06:26

Hello nidza07. That worked perfectly. Thank you so much for the help. smile Plus that is posted here so other people that have the same problem will be able to fix it. I never would have thought of that and I'm very tech savvy.

2018-05-04 21:24:59

Yeah I did not think of that either until I checked the home page of Youtube DL where it does say that.

2018-05-05 06:24:03

so, I found an actual bug. When you download a playlist, the last video in the conversion queue does not get converted but causes the program to crash. however its still saved and you can convert it using some other programs. and @post 19, I could not agree any more, I tried to say that from the very start but some people love to argue and contribute nothing and start flaming... as someone once said, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Without the proper context its really hard to give help to a very specific, almost only person's problem (there have not been any more reports or even similar ones). So, help us if you want to be helped, by posting more complete, accurate and relevant information.  This means saying stuff like, quote: it quit working altogether a couple of months ago, unquote does really not much to help anyone solve your problem. Furthermore if it was months ago, something could have happened to your system, your configuration, whatever and I am repeating myself, I just have no clue what that is because I am  simply, not you. SO what is it then? Maybe the program runs but does not open a window, maybe you paste a link and it will not recognize it, maybe you do click on download and the program just sits there, maybe it just gives you the message that it completed doing it all and it in reality did nothing, maybe it gives you an error message that you have not pasted here... maybe it just crashed when converting, I just do not know.

2018-05-05 21:19:38

Yeah now I just saw that. ahhaha I had the set up file saved on my dropbox so I was not on their homepage.

2018-05-06 19:06:53

Hay, I think in a future version there should be the option to force downloading the lowest quality available, even for playlists.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2018-05-12 15:00:24

Is there any way to change the quality of the mp3 that the file is converted to after download?

2019-02-09 19:01:48

i have error:
youtube dl.exe sistem error dialogue the code eccicution cann't proseed because msvcr100.dll was not found. Reinstalling a program mey fix this problem

Yours kindly

2019-02-09 19:18:23

That's because it requires the x86 version of Microsoft visual c plus plus redistributable 2010, which you can  get at https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/downloa … px?id=5555

2019-02-10 09:26:00

thank you nidza07 really much! it works!

Yours kindly