2018-05-02 12:34:28 (edited by death 2018-05-02 12:35:13)

So I actually am having a serious problem with swamp. Sounds for zombies are cutting out and not panning properly. I have the sound set to crazy because the higher setting actually slows me down, but I'm not sure what else to do.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2018-05-02 14:14:38

SLJ wrote:

Hi @taljazz24. It would be great to hear more about what your campaign contains.

Absolutely! Basically my campaine is sorta like a story line where a soldier is sent to deal with the zombie apocolypse by any means necessary. I'll post the comment directly from the file below.

'This is a campaine where you are a soldier sent from military high command to deal with the zombie apocalypse by any means necesary. With your armour in tact, plus an M40 sniper rifle, an MK23 pistol, a military Crossbow, an MG4 machine gun, an Armsel Striker shotgun, a vulcan minigun plus an MP5 submachine gun and a Steyr Aug assault rifle with all modifications in place plus a fiew other handy weapons of choice, your mission is simple, iliminate the threat and meet up with some of the other units deployed from high command. Plenty of civs to rescue as well, so be aware.

Be awear its not finished yet, because of certain time events I am having to sort out. I can send you a pm with all of the campaine code if you like.

Thanks much,
Therous

2018-05-02 16:06:48

I was reading on mobile, so might have missed it, but it sounded like there were issues with block events? I'd have to go over it with something better to be sure, but it looked like there was a stop timer outside of the event it was supposed to be in. But, again, mobile is abismal at something as simple as a .txt file, somehow, so I might be mistaken.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-05-02 16:30:49

CAE_Jones wrote:

I was reading on mobile, so might have missed it, but it sounded like there were issues with block events? I'd have to go over it with something better to be sure, but it looked like there was a stop timer outside of the event it was supposed to be in. But, again, mobile is abismal at something as simple as a .txt file, somehow, so I might be mistaken.

Hmm, you may be right. I'll have a look at it and see for sure. It could be that I was putting the stop timer command outside of the end event command as you suggested. Thanks much for that. Here is the code again to be sure for anyone else that wishes to give their thoughts.

'This is the code that activates after the first timer is done.
start timer2
block zone1 event Intersection of Carigon and Broadway
quest=Now that you are near a safe zone, use your portable GPS unit to access and determine the direction of its beacon. Press shift plus any number on the number row to access beacons. Now, which one is the safe zone beacon?
say= You are running from the ever growing hord of hungry zombies, when you hear a blip and then a voice come over your radio.
end event
time2 event m=0 s=6
radio=Soldier, its good to see you made it this far in the hords. Seems your training payed off. There is a safe zone not far from there. I already informed a few of units we sent out before you that you are coming. They'll meet you there. Before you were dispatched, high command has added the locations to your portable gps unit. The beacon marking the safe zone is item 0 in the list. According to our satelite footage, you are not that far from it. You're doing very well soldier. You've gotten farther than we would have expected. We know there is no way you'll be able to take the hord out on your own, so once you get there, the rest of our elite soldiers will form up with you should you need them. Keep an opened mind soldier. Remember, no one get's left behind! Let us know if you have received your orders. Say either received or retreat.
pause timer2
start timer 3
block chat contains event=received
time3 event m=0 s=6
radio=Excelent! We'll let you know once your orders have been updated. Good luck soldier.
end event
block chat event contains=retreat
time3 event m=0 s=6
radio=negative on that soldier. We have to hold this position in order to keep our foothold, you're just gonna have to maintain your position and situation. High command out.
end event
stop timer3
start timer 2
time2 event m=0 s=10
say=After conferring with your superior officer over the radio. You turn back towards the road and make to push forward with your objective.
stop timer2

2018-05-02 18:13:11

Yeah, all of your timer stopping-and-starting is happening outside of the events, so it all just happens at once when you launch the campaign, and so the events won't fire correctly. The part where you pause timer2 and start timer3, for example, needs to be in a block event, and the event directly above the pause timer2 line is a single-line event when it should be the block containing the pause/start commands. This happens again elsewhere.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-05-02 19:18:29

Warning: I have not worked in swamp scripting for a long time. This said, what I see is:

Timer three is started outside the chat event. Thus:
*Radio message is displayed, and timer three immediately starts
*Time passes while the player listens to the message, opens the chat window, and confirms receipt
*The player confirms, but more than six seconds have passed, meaning that the time event will never trigger.

To fix this, start timer three inside the chat event.

2018-05-02 19:54:00

I think the only problem here, is just knowing whether to have it as a block event, or the line above it. That's the confusing part. But nevertheless, I'm testing it a few different ways to see what can be done. Thanks for the info however.

2018-05-03 01:09:53

I think another problem is, having the chat contains event or chat event trigger once timer3 has started. That's what I'm getting mixed up on. But, I'm testing a few things to see if I can try to correct the code. Another thing I was wanting to try is a condition to which message the player types in. For example, if the player types in received, then the person on the other end of the radio would respond in kind. But if the player typed retreat in the the chat box, another response would be picked. So, yeah, that is where it gets complicated.

2018-05-03 02:35:00

What I would do for the chat events is keep a variable to keep track of which part of the script/plot you're in, and use a while and. This would mean you'd need to update that variable to reflect the current situation whenever it changes. Reworking what you have for this might be a little cumbersome, though.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-05-03 02:45:09

yeah, it could be, but I'll keep it in mind and see what I can do for it. I may just go the simpler rout for now, and just add one chat event for the whole thing.

2018-05-03 13:41:46

I'm still trying to get my allies to ollow me in any campaign I make, I do all it says in the text file but they do not follow and when I track them they do not move.  Also, for some reason I lost all my 5.56 ammo on my Hc char.

2018-05-04 00:49:05

hey nice to hear that swamp is being updated again. i haven't played for months i may have to come back and give it a good go again. are we going to see new maps anytime soon? bigger maps perhaps? what made you come back to swamp again aprone i didn't think you were going to come back to it again? i'm so glad you have though!

2018-05-04 01:44:52

Hey all, I created a simple campaign to have allies follow me and kill zombies, I put what the text said about having them obey you and wander but the allies stay in the sz, why is this?

2018-05-04 05:19:10

Aprone, would it be possible to add joystick support to Swamp? I'm playing it on my GPD Win and would love to take full advantage of the game controls. From what I understand, the Win is able to emulate an XBox 360 controller. I'm making do with the mouse mode right now, but native joystick support would be fantastic! I could also use JoyToKey, but I can't do as much customization as I'd like. Perhaps you could also add another .ini file for mapping joystick controls?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2018-05-04 14:44:47

@Nikos: for certain situations, the allies are treated as zombies, so it's possible they can't move because they're in the safe zone. I've had similar weirdness on the Defender map, where allies won't cross the barricades on their own. Does the problem persist if you place the allies outside of the SZ?

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-05-04 17:15:58

Ok how do I place allies somewhere else and know where they are.

2018-05-04 18:22:40

Hi Aprone.
I have a suggestion for the new update you are working on:
Please make the friend whisper toggle so you can turn it off. Many players are only receiving the half of the conversations which is very annoying. We have talked about it in the game, and many platers find it annoying as well. I have unfriend some players because I find the friend whispers very spammy. I really hope you'll consider this in the future...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-05-04 19:13:36

Thanks SLJ, I will keep this in mind.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2018-05-05 00:27:01

@Nikos: you can place them just outside of the SZ, or use the ally jump command to move them there. You can use player ping or the tracker on them, and if they're set to obey, they should respond if you use voice commands. Or, you can create a chat event, like the /where player command, that will tell you where they are.
+-1+chat event=/where friend
say=Friend is at [ally.friend.x], [ally.friend.y].

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-05-06 04:54:33

Hi all, and again, thanks Aprone a ton for continuing to work on Swamp!!!
I must echo SLJ's request about having friend whispers toggalable. It'd be a huge help as I'd like to friend more people, but there needs to be a way to temporarily gag friend whispers. So thanks for considering this.

Ok, I'm not sure what's being considered for the next version for HC. But currently when a clan has only one fort, no xp is being gained on the fort map itself. Not even when I kill the zombies on that fort map. How well this is already known I'm not sure as I just got back into the world of hard core swamp life just very recently. At least in this version of 3.7.
I do see however in changes from 3.6 to 3.6B, this line:
XP gained from fort ownership has been adjusted.  The new numbers are very close for clans who own only a handful of forts, but the new gain rate is not nearly as high once the number of forts starts to get higher and higher.
All well and good, I just wonder if a typo or similar error was created when this change went into effect. Totally just guessing on my part, but it happens.
big_smile
Thanks again Aprone for all the help and support.

2018-05-06 22:43:24

Hey so I am enjoying playing swamp again. I did have a couple small suggestions though, if there is an update sometime soon can we please have a way to set if we wish to go back to the Safe zone on the map we died on or map one's Safe zone? At this point to me it's kind of annoying to be on map 2 or something then die and have to go all the way back there. Also would it be possible to have away to access the locker  to store stuff from the safe zones menu?
Thanks a lot for breathing a bit of new life in to the game, it's pretty epic seeing so many people on.

2018-05-07 11:47:09

i can't remember even how to put stuff into the locker and or take stuff out. can anybody please refresh my memory?

2018-05-07 18:50:04

/lockeradd item name
/lockertake item name
keep in mind,  item names are case sensitive

2018-05-07 19:55:16

thanks. so who still plays?

2018-05-08 07:44:44

A lot of people still plays, me including. There are sometimes around 40 people online on the game which is great.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen