2018-03-22 18:46:26

Nolly, give an example

2018-03-24 00:18:17 (edited by nolly 2018-03-24 00:22:35)

I give an example below beware of spoilers. While most of the clues point to elsewhere, the clue definitely names the item and location as a misdirection. One person in our campfire even gave up doing the correct quest when they wouldn't drop to try the false clue.

**Spoilers**
Please don't read the spoilers if you wish to not know the locations of two legendary items

The Mushroom Gloves have an entry that state that
the gloves could have been stolen by the imps in Oaktree forest. Which is clearly naming a location along with a gloves but is 100% false. The correct entry never mentions the gloves nor  an exact location, The information at the top does, which is not a journal entry. It is logical that some would think that since the exact location was given for free it is false and they should be looking in Oaktree Forest, which as I mentioned above has happened in our campfire.

If you need an example where the name was given directly in the entry and was correct, the Chisel entry directly mentions a Traveling Salesmen, which is the name of a quest where you get the key. It also mentions a workshop in a cave, which is also a correct location.

Spoiler end

I stand by my statement that not everyone will come to the correct conclusion due to the purposeful misdirections given in the entries. It also should be pointed out that not everyone can unlock all entries at once nor do they always unlock the entries in the order in which they appear in the journal, so again it is logical to believe that some may see a false clue and feel they know the correct location.

2018-03-27 04:01:34

Just a quick message to make everyone aware of a reasonably big accessibility improvement in version 3.2.0 - the specific path to travel to locations can now be described with VoiceOver in the travel popup. This change was suggested by quite a few of you, so thank you for your feedback!

In addition, Gem Reforging in 3.2.0 helps VoiceOver players by giving them an alternative to Gem Cutting for improving their gems.

Full 3.2.0 release notes:

NEW FEATURES
● Inn Quests - are you constantly short on gold and wish there was a more efficient way to obtain it? Various quests can now be undertaken at Inns around the land to earn you significant amounts of gold.
● Gem Reforging - do you struggle with gem cutting or simply want to strive for perfect quality gems? You can now combine a gem of the highest available tier with another in order to reforge it and increase its overall quality.

CHANGES
● Illustrious Gem Cutting now requires a recipe from Chapter 1 - existing players who have already visited Thardric Slums will have the recipe automatically added to their quest items.

ACCESSIBILITY IMPROVEMENTS
● The specific path to travel to locations can now be described with VoiceOver in the travel popup
● Added commas between the runes in the accessibility label for Lore Researching guesses to improve the VoiceOver readability

BUG FIXES
● Fixed another bug with the number of locations being calculated incorrectly

2018-03-27 08:06:44

Really nice update. Thanks so much for keep working on the accessibility. Any news regarding to the battery drainage bug some of us are having?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-03-27 14:27:32

Unfortunately not. The game has been around for several years and I only started to hear about battery issues from players using VoiceOver.

I am not really sure yet how to isolate, verify and fix the issue.

A few questions for anyone who would like to answer:
* I am assuming other VoiceOver games do not have nearly as bad battery issues?
* Are you keeping the app open or just coming back for a couple of mins every time a quest finishes?

2018-03-28 05:23:36

1, as far as I know, no.
2, depends on a quest.

2018-03-28 13:11:41

I don't know any apps which drains that much power from the battery because Voiceover is running.
I start a quest, lock my phone and opens the app again when a quest has finished. However, if I'm not doing any quests and the app is just running in the background, it still seems to drain a lot of battery. I'm not sure if it drains more battery when doing quests when not doing quests.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2018-03-28 14:49:58

Thanks SLJ and amerikranian, this is really helpful to know!

2018-03-28 19:32:34 (edited by nolly 2018-03-28 19:49:24)

My battery seems to drain faster if I am doing a quest while the app is running in the background. If I completely close it out, the issue seems to go away. I don't often close out the app completely though, so there isn't enough to say if it does really go away. It does seem to go away if I cut the app off from celular or Wi-Fi access though, in fact I don't allow most of my apps to run off of cellular, but until recently forgot to turn off Land of Livia, which was eating up my bandwidth.

2018-04-05 01:45:11

I created a spoiler post in the articles room for those having issues locating the legendary items.

I know many of you like to find things on your own, but there are just as many who are having difficulties finding the legendary items.

I also added headings to all the items, so you can skip any items you do not wish to read about.

2018-04-08 14:48:00

Nolly: Thanks a lot. You are awesome...

Best regards SLJ.

2018-04-14 16:05:35

Hi all,

just a quick mathematical exercise:
There is a perfect way to max out the chances for unlocking clues with lore items. And it may surprise you.
In short: Take the lore excerpts. They have the best cost/success ratio.

You can calculate this by dividing the success chance with the cost of every piece.
The cost is the ammount of fragments you need. An excerpt needs three fragments, a page needs 3 times 3 so nine fragments and a chapter needs a total of 27 fragments.

Fragment: 5 / 1 = 5%
Excerpt: 25 / 3 = 8,333% per fragment
Page: 65 / 9 = 7,222% per fragment
Chapter: 100 / 27 = 3,7% per fragment

So unless I am missing something there is a definitive way to max out your chances in the long run. Correct me if I am wrong with this...

2018-04-26 03:35:38

Spoiler chapter 1
How do I access the shrouded oasis? I bought the oasis map and the desert camel, and I did all of the quests in forsaken desert several times hoping for a new path to open. I have all of the journal entries for the explorer's boots unlocked, but it still isn't showing up for me. Any ideas on what I'm missing?

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2018-04-27 04:29:25

If you don't see it in your locations list I think it's a bug.

2018-04-29 15:18:10

Hi.
I have currently stopped playing this great game because of the extreme battery drain. I simply need the battery when I'm traveling, which I do a lot, and therefore it's annoying that the battery is down at 25% or more at the end of the day, when playing the game and using the phone at minimal. By minimal I mean: Only two or three short phone calls, a few text messages, a few minutes of Facebook checking and read one or two mails. I'm simply forced to stop playing the game because of that, because the worst thing which could happen is my phone runs out of battery while on the go. I'm using my phone to check where the trains goes from and other important communication. The battery drain has gotten even worst on my phone since the battery in my smart cover is about to die. smile

Best regards SLJ.

2018-04-29 17:01:05

Well what you can do is do whatever you need to do like start a quest or or travel somewhere, then immediately close the app from the app switcher. That seems to preserve the battery pretty well.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2018-04-30 02:25:51

Restricting the cellular data to the app as well as turning off ICloud drive with cellular helps a lot. Especially since ICloud drive tends to continue to back up as long as the app is running, even if you are not using the app.

2018-04-30 07:41:17

Oh... So, if I start a quest or travel and then close the app, will I then get a notification when it's finish? I thought the app needed to run in the background to do that... Time to give this a try...

Best regards SLJ.

2018-05-01 07:51:07

Okay, I can confirm it works, and it doesn't seem to drain that much battery. Yay for that...

Best regards SLJ.

2018-07-28 18:16:38

Hi folks,
does anyone know how many lore tomes there is to find? Got 5 so far but not sure how many to look for.

Thanks.

shermanator

2018-07-29 22:09:35

***Spoiler tomes Spoiler***

You can currently acquire up to 20 tomes maximum. It was higher, but due to the difficulty in lore balancing, it was reduced to 20.

2018-07-31 06:40:47

Hi folks,
when it comes to gems, does one have to forge like gems? So like strength gems with other strength gems?

How about reforging a gem with luck with a gem with lore? does that matter? I have used mismatched gems and it does not seem to matter but just wanted to check.

And how about if you have a gem at lets say 95%. you reforge it with a gem at 85%. will that lower the 95% and not increase it? I heard a rumor that if you use a gem with too low of a percentage it will lower the gem being reforged. If this is true how much lower than the original gem can one use up those crappy cut ones.

to date i have never tried that last question. I have only reforged a 90%+ gem with another 90%+ gem.

And got 2 possible bugs to report.

1. twice I have taken a gem, selected reforge. When I select the gem I want to consume the original gem disappeared. At least it seemed to. One time the gem i was consuming also was gone and yet another time the consumed gem did not disappear. The first time this happened to me the game seemed to lock up the phone for about 20 seconds before speech resumed. The 2nd time no such lock up.

2. This just happened to me moments ago. I was cutting a gem from 4 to 5. I had finished and was pressing ok when the game took a extra sec or 2 to go to the screen. When i found the gem it was still tier 4 and the 800 gold I used was gone.

now in all these instances I did have a quest going on the map screen. and it is highly likely that I did something just as the quest was finishing up so that created some type of interrupt that made it hiccup somewhere. Who knows. Just reporting what I seemed to have observed.

Nothing else to report. Just waiting for chapter 3.

Shermanator

2018-07-31 09:11:22

HI folks,
Hope this is nothing one is supposed to know but I just have to tell it.

I think i know what happened to one of my tier 6 gems. I  just didn't look in the right spot for it. i was reforging. It turned into a tier 7 flawless gem with 93 strength and 28 luck on it.

so at least its something too look forward to.

Shermanator+

2018-08-01 09:45:50

For gem reforging it has never mattered what gem stat type I use to consume, nor has it mattered what the quality of the consumed gem was at the time it was consumed. I believe there is a misconception going on because people are not following the directions correctly and are consuming the gem they wish to reforge. I typically use gems of a single stat type, as they have lower value and will decrease your rankings of net worth less than that of one that has lore or luck along with a primary stat.

As far as the bugs go, I've encountered the second one you spoke of, but it was primarily due to the version of the app . The developer fixed it in the next version.

The first bug I have never seen and should probably be reported to Aaron if it hasn't been yet, as Tier 7 is not supposed to be available until chapter 3.

2018-10-11 09:37:39

Hi Everyone

Where do you find law tomes?