2018-04-19 14:20:06

yeh, just got to wait i guess. although if it'll still cost 24 euros and combat is as it was in the demo i'm personally not going to buy it.
a blind legend didn't have that much combat but it was a really nice game for other reasons than combat. storry, you ahving to follow a sided person and all those challenges where you have to avoid gards, jump from roofs etc really made combat something that didn't ruin the game experience.
this game doens't seem to have that sadly.
I think i'll do as suggested above and wait for liam or pg13 doing a playthrough so that i get a feeling for what it's like

2018-04-19 14:47:06

You've said it already. Story and content. They said that the game is 75% exploration and 25% combat, with at least 8 hours required to be beaten once. If that's true, and the game is really rich of what it offers, then it would worth that price.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2018-04-19 18:19:14

75% exploration and 25% combat doesn't mean it's an excuse for combat to be pretty much be ripped straight from another game with little or no inovation. This is being marketted as an action rpg, and in an action rp good combat is as great as a solid story. The Yakuza series of games have a massive amount of content, and the story and characters are the main reasons for playing.. but the combat is a load of fun, even though it's simple. IF I simply wanted to experience the story and characters of this game, I may just watch a playthrough... because playing the game at the moment doesn't sound all that fun, to me. I don't understand why deveopers, especially sighted ones, tend to feel that this kind of bopit style combat is the only kind we need. I'll stil keep track of this game's progress because the story and characters do actually intrigue me a little, but I'm not all that enthusiastic about playing it because of dull sounding gameplay. But anyone can dismiss my opinion, because that's all it is... as someone who loves good action games and deep combat. But I know not everyone is into complex combat, either. And I'm 100% with lirin on this one.. SR has the smoothest and best realtime combat in a game, possibly bokubo 3 as a close second. Even the FPS games we have now are mostly point and shoot fests.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-04-21 05:22:36 (edited by SilverMoon 2018-04-21 05:23:07)

yeah, I'm in agreement with 152 here.
I would love to get the game, if I'm able, because to me, the combat isn't a big deal. yeah, it's bad that it is ripped from another game.
I'll grant anyone that, but I'm more intrigued and drawn in by the story, the characters, the fun little cut scenes.

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2018-04-21 08:54:03

@154, Yeh that's true.

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore
Follow me on Twitter, Discord and Instagram

2018-04-27 20:14:06

Hi
April is about to end. Is there a date for the release of the game?

2018-04-28 16:34:37

it looks like April is about to be over soon.
will the game be released when it's released?

2018-04-28 17:04:45

i know i'm probably coming across as pessamistic, but i'm starting to dout if this game was even written by the dev himself, or at least, or most of it was. idk, the dev seemed quite reluctant to give us an audio demmo, and the demmo we got just seems to be different sounds from another game. and april, it's gone erly 2018, which was when it was meant to be released. idk, this hole thing seems kind of fishy to me. i really hope i'm wrong, but i kind of thaught this was some kind of attention seaking thing like, hey, we're making this awesome game, just to get them lots of attention, and givven how hyped up everyone was, i think it worked. i mean. post1's demmo was just a cut seen, and now we've got what seems to be a really basic turn and shoot sort of game with a huge story with a tiny little game. idk, i just wouldn't get hyped up over something that probably won't be anything like what you think, or even what you think.

2018-04-28 19:23:45

It's pretty sad that we've had enough disappointments in the audio gaming community that most of the past few pages of this topic have been nothing but negativity. That has to be pretty discouraging for the dev. I get where you guys are coming from, but you're beating a dead horse now. Knock it off.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-04-28 19:50:41

If you listened to the podcast it said the demo did not represent the real game. I for 1 cannot wait for this game to come out!! Also let's stop all the hate. I think it’s amazing that we are getting 2 awesome games close to each other first A Hero's Call and now Echoes from Levia: Soulbound!! Also this game is going to be on 4 platforms! Amazing!

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-04-28 21:31:01

Thumbs up, 159. I just read the last few posts of this topic, and really don't understand why everyone has this much dislike for a game that they haven't even played. The demo in the first post showed off a neat cut scene, and there was a podcast that showed off some other aspects of the game.
The combat system as shown in the podcast may not be the most innovative thing in the world, however as people have said that's really not the point. If the game gets released I'll most likely give it a few weeks, listen to some recordings and pick it up! Games for android are rare.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2018-04-28 22:30:27

Need to disagree. I can put my opinion here and it's just my opinion if I like what I saw or not. Look around on the video gaming market and you will realise the same situations. It is just normal and I don't think so it's bad to say what I am thingking about something.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2018-04-29 03:12:44

So I totally understand that a lot of these devs are small teams, or even just 1 person. It's awesome to be grateful for the stuff we have, but there has to be a point where we raise the bar. If we're just constantly content with what we have, then we'll never get anywhere. We're already so far behind as it is due to a lot of limitation, but as Lirin pointed out, this is exactly what would happened in the sighted gaming community. I'm tired of this hit the space bar when you hear this noise, type of mentality. In fairness to this game the acting doesn't seem terrible so far, I'm interested to see where this goes. I'm more likely to watch a playthrough though.

2018-04-29 05:18:22

Um, but the the game didn't come out yet you can't judge it. You can't judge a book by its cover. If we keep jumping down dev's throats before their game even comes out no one will want to make audio games in the first place.

2018-04-29 06:20:57

@164, Thumbs up! I think the only thing we can do is to wait till the time it's release. I know that we all our giving our opinions but it can be discouraging for the devs instead we should just speak in a way that it's  not discouraging. I am not saying that we hould not give our opinions. So, as I said the only thing we can do is just wait for any updates or the final release. Hope I am understandable.

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore

2018-04-29 12:24:13 (edited by sito 2018-04-29 12:26:15)

lol most people seems to live in a bubble. If you go and check out mainstream forums after a dev posts something like this you will get the same response if not worse lol. The whole idea with posting a trailer is to get people intrested and get atention. and that goes too  for a play demo too, to rise atention to the product you're making. if then people doesn't like it of corse they will post it and voice their opinions in order for the dev to know that so far as much as they've seen of the game they don't like it and will not buy it as it stands right now.
If a dev gets discurraged by people posting neggativ opinions here's a bit of advice. you're not fit for developing a game and you should go out and look at mainstream forums so that you get used to the reality  of things

2018-05-03 19:25:01

April is over and it is now may.
is the game not released?

2018-05-03 20:15:24

I was about to ask if there was any news regarding the game

2018-05-04 14:45:38

Yeh I would like to know that. It's May now.

2018-05-04 15:26:40

Hey guys,
let's give them a few more days. Game development is a long and difficult process, and many times, things don't go as planned, and things take longer than originally expected.

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2018-05-04 18:19:22

No news on their website as well... It's a bit disappointing they haven't made any announcement, when they have said the game would be released by the end of April...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-05-05 02:09:58

I went to there website before and there is no news about the game whatsoever.

2018-05-05 02:12:08

If they don't know when is the game going to release. They shouldn't said the end of April.

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2018-05-05 02:27:16

@post 170 thumbs up. Life happens deadlines aren't always met. Give it some more time it will be here when its here.

2018-05-05 07:37:56

There seems to be two extremes on the audiogames forum, and in the community in general.. there are those people who insist on waiting, that a game wil come out when it does, in spite of set release dates, and there are those who will complain and b**** about a game that doesn't release on release date and will boycott it based on that. Yes, there are hiccups and delays at release... but there is also very little coming from the developers, which is where AHC is different. There was a delay, but we were all kept abreast of all the delays from a team who believed in community conections. And the same happens in mainthe mainstream world... people are right when they say a company would receive questions and skepticism if a game just got delayed and there was absolute silence from the developers about it. I'm all for being reasonable and not complaining, because life does in fact get in the way. But criticism either doesn't exist in this comunity, or it's of a completely unconstructive sort... and being complaisant and simply letting bygones be bygones keeps the standard of audiogames low and explains why we haven't, realistically, evolved in terms of the games we get. There should be more advancement in combat now, to the point that a basic realtime system like Shadow Line is considered that, basic, not the best realtime combat in an action RPG for the blind, which I believe absolutely. Combat in this game, if it's the same as in the demo, represents the kind of combat that should've been in the very early experimental audio games.

Discord: clemchowder633