2018-04-16 15:26:26

Hi guys,

Can Teamtalk on Linux Ubuntu accessible like it is on Windows? Does it work with Orca screen reader?

Thanks.

2018-04-16 19:20:12

I have a friend who uses it just fine all the time... I can ask him for the way he does it, but I'm assuming its the same way you'd enable any other QT app by putting the export lines in your .xinitrc file.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-04-25 09:15:22 (edited by dash 2018-04-25 09:15:43)

Teamtalk has accesible but have not accesible parts for example in newest versionsound settings, if you remember what's where you can succesfully using it and modyfijing it.

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2018-04-25 15:37:39

Found that to run the thing on Ubuntu 18.04, I had to run apt-get install libqt5* , because the actual dependencies listed are out of date. Maybe someone can list them here?

2018-04-26 08:10:58

libqt5-multimedia, libqt5-x11 and some others. The good thing is that tthe dependency is missing, ou will get an info which one.
Oh, and you have to install qt-at-spi to make the app accessible

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2018-04-27 11:22:09

Hi,

You don't need qt-atspi. Qt5 includes that functionality now. If you get an inaccessible window after you run that run.sh script (this is best done from a terminal), try this:
QT_LINUX_ACCESSIBILITY_ALWAYS_ON=1 ./run.sh

HTH!

"Actually, they're just super-advanced holograms created for the sole purpose of enriching a children's cardgame."