2018-04-16 13:56:49

Also something else I thought of but didn't put into remnant; because I just thought of it yesterday, it might be possible to use bombs to cause viruses to aggro and jump into a teleporter that's set for them to be able to take, that would spawn them at close to the player's position.
Again, it's just a theory,a game theory, oh sorry, been watching to much MatPat lately...
But seriously, you should really check out his youtube channel if you're into gaming like me.
He covers a lot of interesting topics relating to games.
And if you're into movies, he covers those over on film theory.
If Aaron Baker had made it so we could replace his voice samples in Adventure at C, this is the guy I'd replace him with.
Later!

2018-04-16 16:27:42

Hi,
The stage builder manual also did not cover how to create a hub, which is why I was asking, nor did it explain about custom platform sound sources. I was also thinking of another idea that I may or may not start working on depending on how my current project goes, but an interactive stage builder tutorial that shows examples in action and also explains them via text scenes.

2018-04-16 17:38:06

@Threeblacknoises, yeah, that would've been possible. Quite cool idea, actually!
I'll see if I can get it to work in my New stage...
Yes, I'm creating a stage where I'm basicly playing around With all I've learned from Remnant.
I'm not planning on releasing it, though.
I could use that idea to build something like the my downloads zip file Puzzle, sort of...
That's a really cool idea! Thanks!

2018-04-16 18:54:29

You can't. The bombs do stupid amounts of damage and they ignore your defense, or they ignore mine, anyway. I don't remember if stage builder allows you to set the damage for when a bomb explodes, but if it does, that's one way to do it. I can't say when I'm going to do it, but I'm currently working on a stage like this one, though since we're close to finals I can say it's going to take a bit.

2018-04-17 10:15:42

Yes, you can set how much damage a bomb should do.
It can be anywhere from 1 to 1000000 damage.
So, for example, I placed an enemy With 1000 health right next to a bomb, and I told the bomb to do 500 damage, because I wanted the player to Battle the enemy when it's at 500 Health.
I set the enemy to start running when its Health reaches 500, and the enemy will start running in the opposite direction of where you are in relation to it. For example, if you were to the enemy's right, it'll start running left, that is, away from you. You could then Place a teleporter to the left of the enemy that's now running left and... Boom! It'll get teleported to the position you wanted it to sponn on. You'd have to Place a steel data in the way so the player couldn't Access the bomb and the enemy, though.
It would seam like the enemy just sponned out of nowhere. Cool, right? Thanks Threeblacknoises! smile
Hope you understood this. My English is not the best in the world... Hahaha.

2018-04-17 15:23:00

The only problem with your idea is that viruses in the running state won't attack the player, but that's not a problem, as once a virus is attacked in any way it will chase the player relentlessly, until it encounters a pit...
But once it gets teleported it will attack the player.
Also, something I just thought of, and this is kind of weird, but you could also make a kind of death trap by making a virus with 500 attack and defence; set those stats in the cheats control panel, F1; set the viruses range to the max value; I thing it's 15, then set the viruses range to start moving when it detects the player to 0.
You'd also have to not put any sounds on the virus, and; just for fun; put a steal data 1 or 2 septs into the traps range, just to mess with the player.
Later!

2018-05-26 16:02:53

Just posting this here...
I haven't forgotten about the update to Remnant, I'm just waiting on some voice acting... again.
I sent Dark an e-mail with the credits and the post game lines that weren't recorded, but he never got back to me.
If I at least had the credits, I could push out an update, and the post game could always be added at a later date.
I'm just trying to get this done before windows decides that Adventure at C is some dangerous virus or something...
Ironic huh?
Later!

2018-09-14 01:02:54 (edited by threeblacknoises 2018-09-14 01:09:15)

Okay, sigh.
I already posted this a few weeks ago; man this feels weird, but Remnant is done!
So check out post 1 for all the details.
Hope you all like it.
I had an absolute blast making it!
Later!

2018-10-20 21:30:56

hey!
i'm reviving this topic to  ask a question, can i have multiple warp points? like for example, i have it set to end the stage wen a certain enemy dies.
but I also want to make alittle hidden path to get passed the stage and to the next one. can i do this? or do i have to do something special to do it? or maybe I just can't?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-10-20 22:46:19

That depends on how you want to do it.
If all you want to do is make it where you can jump over the boss and go to the end of the stage, their's nothing stopping you from doing that; so long as you remember to set the end of level square at the point you want the stage to end.
If you want to do something like I did in the Mario level of remnant, you'd have to make a new stage and link it to the stage you're wanting to make a secret path in.
remember with stage tranzitions that the stage needs to exist first, so no making a transition before you've made the stage.
Hope this helps.
Just post here if it doesn't, or just PM me!
Later!

2018-10-21 01:18:46

ok i'll explain it further.
The normal way to beat it: Kill the enemy after getting threw 500 tiles of death traps. then i have it set to end wen enemy dies, so i put a transition that just takes you to the boss stage wen the stage ends. but i also have a hidden skip point early in the first stage, where you hit enter at a certain point and it takes you directly to the boss stage.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-10-21 03:20:50

That sounds like it'd work just fine, however, that point where the player pressed enter could take them to a new stage that eventually ends up at said boss stage.
Later!

2019-10-14 06:56:01

Hello! The chapter 1 is unbeatable! When i got to a good point, i heard lauching and jumped, and i was dead! There aren't enough lives. Please add more, or give me the password of the stages if this is the final version and you're not working it at all... :d

Best regards: Marco

2019-10-14 11:11:06

I want the password to!

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2019-10-14 12:39:02

mongoo_4044 wrote:

I want the password to!

Yup, since you're not working with this stage anymore, why not give us the password? This stage is really really really irritating! I'm raging all the time, especially when i get to castle of lies, and there are platforms, and platforms.

2019-10-14 16:27:33 (edited by amerikranian 2019-10-14 16:28:08)

I'm sorry, but no. You shouldn't give out the password. It would ruin any work you have done by just allowing users to play the stages at will. I know how hard it can be, trust me, but I managed to win, and so can you, you just need to keep trying. If the game pisses you off, come back some other time and try again

2019-10-14 18:46:11 (edited by threeblacknoises 2019-10-14 18:55:53)

To all who want the password, I'm not going to post it here, but if you PM me with the reason you need the password, I might PM it to you with the understanding that you don't give it out willy-nilly.
I don't want countless dirivitives of Remnant floating around that could tarnish its intent to educate people on how the stage builder works.
To the person that originally started the password discussion, what "good part" of chapter 1 are you referring to, and do you have your difficulty mod set to off?
Pressing F will tell you if it's off, or what level it is set at.
As I said in post 1 of this topic, remnant is NOT built to use the dif mod setting, and if you do use it, not more than a mod of 2.
If you turn it off and still have the problem, please post a recording somewhere with a link to it in this topic so I can address the problem; either on your end, or with a patch for all players.
I sot out some people to play the final version and note any issues they found before release, but they ducked out, so I had no choice to release it as is.
Debugging is vary hard when you're a 1-person team, so any feedback would be helpful so I might address any issues I can.
I ran Remnant a while back to test it for bugs, and then again at the request of Dark and his wife who do voice acting in it, and fixed and patch any bugs I found during those test cycles.
For proper test results, I need people who'll play it without dif mod active so I can make proper balance adjustments as needed.
BTW, some of the platforms in the castle of lies are trick platforms, meaning they don't actually exist.
You'll need to jump to the next platform that is actually solid.
Later!

2019-10-14 19:03:01

@threeblacknoises, check pm. And i had difficulty multiplier off.

2019-10-14 19:47:10

Hay Marko, I replied to your PM.
Please read and respond to it, as I'm not able to figure out the problem, or even where it is, and I might need to take Remnant out of mothballs and get in their and fix it.
Later!

2019-10-14 20:05:43

@threeblacknoises, check your pm.

2019-10-14 20:34:27

Hay Marko, I replied to the PM.
Sorry it took a bit longer than last time.
Later!

2019-10-15 00:00:30

threeblacknoises wrote:

Hay Marko, I replied to the PM.
Sorry it took a bit longer than last time.
Later!

Please check your pm.

2019-10-15 02:14:23

Marko, I replied to your PM, but in the meantime, check out the following topic.
https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/2746 … recordings
I haven't done chapter 3, as I'm actually planning to redo the entire thing to fix the bad quality issues it has.
This recording might help you out.
Later!

2019-10-15 23:42:09

Hay Marko, I just sent you a PM, so please read it, okay?
Later!

2019-10-18 17:29:15

Hello threeblacknoises! I answered to your pm, sorry it took such a long time, i was not able to answer it before.