2018-04-15 23:24:03 (edited by a12850bc 2020-04-25 03:21:16)

Hello everyone!

It has been a while since I posted to this thread. I decided to modify this topic to make it more clearer.

So, I decided that this year, my goal for my blog is to create a radio station. The radio station is called The Blind Advocate Radio.

The goal of this radio station is to educate the sighted community about blindness. What's different with my radio station is that everyone with a disability is accepted no matter what. You can learn more about the radio station by visiting
https://radio.theblindadvocate.net/about

If you would like the radio station to be a reality, please consider donating to The Blind Advocate Network via PayPal at
https://paypal.me/theblindadvocatenet

If you have any questions, you can reply to this post, or you can email me at

[email protected]

Armando

2018-04-15 23:36:00

don't waste your money there are thousands of internet radio stations out there and you'll end up just playing stuff to your friends.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-04-16 01:08:33

Yup, the market's flooded.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-04-16 03:39:28

After your other topic, just, how did I know this was coming? Rofl.

2018-04-16 15:24:04

I thought about putting money into this and actual spending the time to do it but the market is taken over by pandora and the other streaming platforms.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2018-04-17 14:22:04

It's over!  Internet broadcasting cannot survive when people are more interested in playing their own music, and with so many services from Apple Music to Spotify allowing them precisely that, you stand no chance at all at making a hit, unless you produce original content of some kind.  It's a nice hobby if you can actually get yourself in a well established radio station that has already beaten all the hurtles you're attempting to tackle yourself, but otherwise, look elsewhere for something profitable that won't waste your time and take chunks out of your material resources.  You're nearly 18 now, you'll get burned out on it before you turn 20.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-04-18 14:07:56

Hello. Glad to see someone else getting into internet radio. smile I have been into radio all my life and I personally get excited to see fellow broadcasters getting into it. I really wished SPL was not so expensive but I guess you have to pay to play if you will. I do have one idea. I would recommend running 24/7 if you are able to. The main reason I say that is because you can list yourself on tunein and you can get more listeners that way. But if not, you can still list on tunein but you have to give  them exact hours. I learned that the hard way a few years back. Also, don't let anyone get to you. I started back in internet radio back in 2006 and a lot of people told me my delivery was bad and different things. You either have to have a thick skin or develop one in order to get into this whole internet radio thing if you ask me. Good luck my friend and I will be listening for sure. smile I also have the same question about clean songs myself. Personally, I have looked on youtube. Some vevo channels are good sources for the radio edits.

2018-04-18 15:35:19

The reason why many people in the blind community start radio stations, in my opinion, is to have something to work on during their spare time. I don't think it's so much about broadcasting anymore. Also, setting up an Internet radio station may be a fun challenge for people interested in server administration, programming, and website creation. Very rarely do you find innovative content on a lot of these Internet radio stations run by blind people. I'm not trying to offend, but I am speaking from experience. I realized that an Internet station I started a while ago was more for me and my understanding of certain technologies than actually reaching out to an audience.

2018-04-18 19:30:59

I did research on this very thing. I contacted licensing companies and even talked to other station managers. I also looked at getting a ascap new media license that would me to play the same music that they play on mainstream radio.

Bitcoin Address:

2020-04-25 02:28:04 (edited by a12850bc 2020-04-25 02:28:59)

I know that it's been a long time since I posted in this thread. I haven't started the radio station yet, but my goal is to start one in August of this year. My goal of this radio station is to make it so everyone who has a disability is included.

I also understand that many people want me to play different kinds of music, such as country, rock, pop, etc. You can learn more about my future radio station by clicking the link below this message. I have looked into Live365 as my licensing provider, and I'm planning to use Station Playlist Studio for my radio station.

If you have any questions, you can email me at [email protected].

https://radio.theblindadvocate.net/about

Armando

2020-04-25 02:43:21

I would personly not do a mix but stick to one type of music.

Bitcoin Address:

2020-04-25 03:06:20

Thanks. I'll probably do top 40/pop. I also have a PayPal Donation link if someone wishes to donate to The Blind Advocate Network.
https://www.paypal.me/theblindadvocatenet

Like I said, feel free to send me any feedback if you have any suggestions about the radio station.

Armando

2020-04-25 03:28:24

It would cost you money to run an internet station.  Don't forget having to pay the royalty fees for the songs to be allowed to be heard, the space for your station, and not to mention, their are so many music services out ther that offer millions of songs for people to listen to.  Save your money and use it for something else.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2020-04-25 04:21:38

I don't know about the whole internet radio thing, but what about a podcast?

If you wish to contact me privately, you can do so in the following ways.
Telegram, Rich_Beardsley. Discord, RichBeardsley. Facebook, Rich W. Beardsley
Twitter, RichBeardsley. Email, [email protected]. Both iMessages and emails are welcome.
Battle tag, Rich#12744. You can also add me through my email address.