2018-04-14 06:08:36

It's got something to do with the version of the program I'm using. Unfortunately, now the translate command works, but the comand to listen to the clipboard text through qtranslate doesn't work anymore. I don't know why I can't get all the keys to work at once... and I wish the key configuration was more accessible.

Now that I've got the game working, it certainly seems like there's a lot to do. But I don't really know where to start. I've upgraded a couple of the buildings in the main city, but am ot sure where to start upgrading generals and my character to gain attributes. I saw something in the game help about barbarian forces which are diferent from map exploration, I think, but I have no idea how to access those. And is there a way to exit a map once I am in it, or do I have to actually finish it first?

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-04-14 06:31:06

yeah you have to left click 2 times to change the hot keys

2018-04-14 08:07:39

Further impressions on the game... it definitely is a good one, and there's lots to do. I'm not usually a big fan of these resource and troop management types, I usually prefer faster games like Galaxy Ranger and similar. But I'm enjoying this one... you can reforge and recast equipment for different stats, forge things to make them better, as well as craft entirely new equipment. My only complaint so far is that the quest lists and daily challenges aren't explained very clearly. The current one I'm seeing has something to do with donations and archers, but I have no idea what it means... so hopefuly someone who is a better player than me like Nuno has completed it and can solve the mystery of what this means, as it wil annoy my curiocity not to know. haha.

2018-04-14 08:59:28

Now after asking so many questions, here's a contribution. The complete controls for the game.

Ctrl+C copies the current text being read to the clipboard
Ctrl+D appends the current text being read to what's already on the clipboard
Left and Right Arrows: navigates between menu controls, and during battle seens allows you to view your and your oponent's information. In the open map, moves the player to the left and right, respectively
Control + left and right arrow keys: switches between various information settings in an open map, and moves between enemy and character view in battle.
Enter or control + up arrow: activates currently selected information option in field map
backspace / control + down arrow: goes back one screen in the same menu, or if in the open map, gives options to exit.
  Shift+enter to open the anouncement screen whcih costs ten gold
Ctrl+Enter to open the chat screen
Esc interrupts TTS
Alt+y brings up the voice configuration window;
Ctrl+Keypad plus/minus sign adjusts the TTS speech rate;
Alt+Keypad plus/minus sign adjusts the TTS pitch;
Ctrl+Shift+Keypad plus/minus sign adjusts the TTS volume.

2018-04-14 09:37:37

Oh man, you are apsolutely avesome! I got lost in the open map and couldn't exit haha! Thanks for this! About the QTranslate, I will update it and the patch later today.
About accessing the games on the mobile: these are available on Android, though, Lingsyu will be available to iOS in May.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2018-04-14 10:14:30

@Assault_Freak:
When you speak Chinese, why not just switch the computer language to Chinese? Or does that require an other version of Windows? Maybe you could contact the developers and maybe help with translations?
I have no idea on how many Chinese blind people there are, but sounds like there are a lot, since there are made those great games in Chinese only. It seems like two worlds, like many of those Chinese gamers don't join the English games, properly because they don't speak English. But I hear many Chinese people are good at english, so it seems strange... smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-04-14 13:13:14

ah, man, now I am intrested lol... I asked one of my chinese friend and she said this one doesn't require real money to play hehehe

2018-04-14 13:20:28

No, apparently the only one upgrade you can buy using real money is the ability to skip turns which doesn't make sense for me

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2018-04-14 14:02:18

skip turns? , enemy turn, you mean?

2018-04-14 14:11:00

No, there are other benefits for being VIP as well. There are ways to exchange and trade items that are not available to other players.

SLJ, first things first, I can't write Chinese, and my gaming vocabulary and technical vocabulary are far lacking. I don't change my language to Chinese because, well, to put it in short, I prefer to use my computer in English because of my lack of computer vocabulary. I'm also not actually from China, so many of the words we use are diferent as well. I would gladly help, except for the fact that the developers seem to not to know English and noone who can't write chinese doesn't really get through to them. And as for games and community, remember that China also has many, many more internet restrictions than we have. That, and only upper class and people with higher education are good at English, and unfortunately, that doesn't involve blind people. Yes, they have a huge blind population, but they are marginalized and segregated, so are probably not comfortable or willing to explore outside of their own community.

@nuno, I'm on Android, so I can access both games... I'm just curious to know how you got the information since I can't find anything on the official website for this company, nor any contact info.

2018-04-14 14:56:50

The sad truth is, they just accepted me in to their communities, so they tell me a lot of stuff, including the QQ number of the developers and things like that.
The games are downloadable from
www.py198.com
Oh, and Lingyun is closed to May, this version was just the test if people like the concept.

2018-04-14 15:25:34

You mean we won't be able to play until May? Or that the game will be closed in May? Not entirely clear.. and cool that you've beenaccepted. Wish I could be involved as well, but at least somebody is.

2018-04-14 15:31:14

The game is closed from now to may.
Annd you also can get involved! Just download QQ and you can start
smile.
It is not that hard.

2018-04-14 15:36:52

I will see. I'm not confident enough with my written Chinese to get by there. But I may try. I also sent you a skype message... let me know if you see it.

2018-04-14 16:04:37

You have added a wrong account of mine. I have lost this one due to some reasons.
My real one is
dragonofdeath9

2018-04-18 16:53:27

Actually enjoying this game a lot more than I expected! There's a lot of grinding, and territory management, as is par for this kind of game. But the system is decently complex and definitely enjoyable for those who like history and tactical games, though I wish the combat was a bit more involved. There also isn't as much interaction with other players, at least at the beginning. You can go an entire session without running into another player, especially before you start conquering teritories and the like.

2018-04-19 19:53:35

Greetings all, im using windows 10 and screen reader nvda. i do not know chinesse, can any explain me how i can play this game, step by step..... thanks..

2018-04-20 00:42:16

Qtranslate and Locale Emulator, both of which can be found in Nuno's guide to Chinese games in the articles room. All you have to do is press control+c to copy every bit of outputted text to the clipboard then translate it manualy.

2018-04-20 02:01:08

Will have to check this out. I couldn't get LE to work last time I used it, but that was ages ago and was probably doing something stupidly wrong, or at 3 in the morning. lol. This looks like a neat game. Sucks that it's not the easiest to set up though, as I'm sure we're missing out on a bunch of neat stuff in the western market.

2018-04-20 14:26:12

Could this game be translated? I mostly don't play chinese games mostly due to the simple fact that they aren't properly translated.

2018-04-20 15:22:48

Hi nuno, I think that you should record more tutorials, because it will explain more how to dive in this game.
I have some troubles with running this game, but for now all works pretty well.
Sometimes I can not connect to the server, because I have a slow internet connection but after restarting the game al works pretty well.
I want to notice what is a student profession.
Maybe during playing as a student you will get any tutorials like how to play etc.
Does some one checked this.
Also I want to know any description of each profession, because I dont see any in the game.

2018-04-20 16:38:59

@kyo. As was said by both Nuno and I, the game is able to be translated by Qtranslate, it doesn't come with a normal translation. Similar to the Japanese games where most of them have to be translated manually.

@mojsior, if you mean profession, I'm assuming you mean all the things you see when you get into the city menu.. those are not professions, those are places you can go. Nuno is busy with school and the like at the moment, but I can help answer any questions as I speak Chinese. I may record a short tutorial if I can this weekend.

2018-04-20 20:56:09

no I am thinking about somethink which is called avatar.
You have to select one during character creation.

2018-04-21 00:48:59

Oh the avatar. Yes... the profession you pick affects your starting attributes and skills. I haven't experimented with them enough to figure out the difference yet.

2018-05-01 17:48:10

hmm , tryed to run the game with local emu, but no sounds