2018-04-03 23:33:12

Sorry folks, last update: I fiddled with all the packs I've got, and oh yeah! One of them works perfectly, and room sounds work as well! Thanks to the person who posted two separate links. So, now I am kind of settled. big_smile

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2018-04-05 05:20:01

JasonBlaze wrote:

hmm... they refuse my concept 2 times now , fine, not sure what to add anymore sad

Same here lol. But yeah, my first concept was overloaded, but second got rejected cause... There are tons of the same concepts, and I have to get a unique one, to show how my character is different of all others I was following the help file's example. After the second reject I decided to put in a support ticket, folks there said the staff can help or work with you, which I don't know if is true but I do hope it is. I'm shaking in fear now: if they reject my concepts, what will be with my profile? big_smile I've done it anyway, but I am almost sure it won't work. I really like this game, but working so hard just for getting a phrase that we already have a million of same concepts, please try again is frustrating. There can be two the same workers but their heads are filled with totally different ideas, and these ideas cannot be expressed in only one sentance.

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2018-04-10 15:44:35

hello rashid if you still read this topic, you might want to add one very crucial thing into your pack. When doing space combat and tracking something, the message isn't shortened, it doesn't play a sound. I and most other blind people can't gun like that. That's the reason all the other vip soundpacks floating around shorten the tracking message to just the direction and play the three tracking beeps when things move.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-04-10 16:06:39

SO, I got back into it, then I just... couldn't anymore, so I deleted my character. I have zero interest in the game, so my days of sc are officially over.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-04-10 16:43:07

I am also working on a pack, though due to a few issues it won't be released yet. it's mostly complete though, with mostly all original sound design and completely rewritten scripts to make it easier for individuals to edit it to their liking.
Should be out by some time next month.

But sometimes the world is better without sight...
Because You can see the world how it really is...
Dark.

2018-04-10 23:36:49

I look forward to this potterspotter13.

2018-04-13 02:15:40

connor142 wrote:

hello rashid if you still read this topic, you might want to add one very crucial thing into your pack. When doing space combat and tracking something, the message isn't shortened, it doesn't play a sound. I and most other blind people can't gun like that. That's the reason all the other vip soundpacks floating around shorten the tracking message to just the direction and play the three tracking beeps when things move.

It's not a really terrible problem, but this thing definitely should be looked at. Sometimes a second while your screenreader pronounces that error message may cost you. big_smile

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2018-04-13 05:54:05

What's the error message? Sometimes it can be an easy fix. Alternatively, there is a shortened tracking option if in the game you type options general, and I think it's number 12 or 13? It still is more verbose than is necessary, but the direction is at least the first thing spoken before the ship designation.

thanks,
Michael

2018-04-13 21:52:16

Out of the space based moos out there, I do think star conquest is one of the best written, with some of the most interesting activities. The one thing I dislike about the game however is that, the majority of the activities require a group. Lol this makes sense, I'm just not a hugely social person so it's awkward.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2018-04-14 02:32:10

Something about a subcommand, I can't remember the exact message. And yeah, I have this option turned on, so I am still okay, but this second really may cost sometimes, hehe.
Also, there's another error I've encountered, happens when you first move closer to the target in ground combat.
I think I can post those errors if it'll be needed.

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2018-04-14 02:42:20

It couldn't hurt, although the thing that really would help is seeing the .set file with the error. Which pack do you have, I can maybe download it and look at the things that are causing the errors.

thanks,
Michael

2018-04-14 18:49:27

drums61999 wrote:

It couldn't hurt, although the thing that really would help is seeing the .set file with the error. Which pack do you have, I can maybe download it and look at the things that are causing the errors.

The one that Rashid posted, there are two separate db folders. And I'd really appreciate that, I tried to check it by myself, but... big_smile Didn't get much honestly.

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2018-04-14 19:23:22

I will take a look. If you can, can you post the errors so I know where in each .set file to look? they can get quite big, and I'm lazy and don't want to have to skim the whole thing.

thanks,
Michael

2018-04-14 19:35:59 (edited by Rashad 2018-04-14 19:38:20)

found the problem. turns out I was using one of the default sounds in the VIP mud sounds folder, which apparently not everyone has. I'd update the links on the previous page, but my DB is currently giving me issues so here's the quick solution.
Go into the combat.set file, opened with notepad if you didn't know, and do a word search for TTA. delete that line, and replace it with this.
#Trigger {TTA: * contact: *} {#Sub {%1 (%2)};#play {star conquest\ship\misc\boop2.wav}}
Relatedly, pretty excited about the new soundpack. this one definitely does not have original sound design.

2018-04-14 20:14:22

Nice! I wonder if the ground combat error was the same type of error?

thanks,
Michael

2018-04-19 01:08:33

Thank you for that one! Going to replace the line now. And sorries for not posting the error, I was a bit busy the last week, wasn't using my pc too much. Anyways, thank you again for trying to help! smile

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2018-04-19 01:15:02

Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to reproduce the error I'm getting when engaging in ground combat, but perhaps I will get it soon. big_smile

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2018-04-19 22:09:22

Ok, here I go with the error when in ground combat:
in command: #Play {warning.wav} @Vol
Not really sure what's that about.

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2018-04-19 22:44:53

Ugh, the newest randomcorner.me pack version 1.06 is not good. It removes a lot of perviously gagged stuff and makes things a lot harder. No thanks. I plan to work on an updated pack myself at some point, probably this fall once we are no longer living with in laws and such.

2018-04-20 05:27:58

That sounds like the same type of error where the path isn't right. It should be something like:
#play Star conquest/ground/warning.wav} @vol {}

or something. I am not looking at the exact syntax so that could be off, but that's looking for warning in the sounds directory.

thanks,
Michael

2018-04-20 06:11:49

Thank you bunches! I'll try to play with that. This error is not as uncomforte as the space combat one was, but still it should be fixed.

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2018-04-22 17:03:39

does anyone have a simple, copy paste the two folders soundpack for sc? also i kind a forgot the info to it as well

For me, the new coding age begins!

2018-05-02 17:04:50

Hi. I've tried installing the sound packs for sc. I believe I'm doing it correctly but I'm not sure because it's not working. Could someone post a step by step here? That would be quite helpful.

Thanks.

fantasy world creationist

2018-05-03 14:55:19

Hello,
What is the most complete soundpack for vipmud?

2018-05-05 02:08:43

@Caio
The one made by Rashad (sorry if spelled it wrong) is the best one in my opinion.
@darkblade
From the previous line, if you will get Rashad's pack, I believe there are some instructions on how to install it. But, I think it also depends on your client's version, could I ask you which one you use?

Sincerely yours... Lucy.