2018-04-11 06:47:17

Capture VS captcha LOL.
Updating this topic. If you didn't know, there are 2600 users registrated om the networks, thanks by me. Sooner a spanish translation is on the way.

73 Wj3u

2018-04-11 11:21:01

Great to see Spanish people active. Welcome and have fun, and let me know if something with translations is not clear especially for games as those aren't as complete yet.

2018-04-11 13:36:54

there's a new Age Of Heroes update which corrects many of the English errors but which replaces the word wood by vood, wander who did this smile

2018-04-11 18:34:50 (edited by Nikola 2018-04-11 19:30:29)

Oops, something must have been messed up, thanks for mentioning. Will be dealth with. There is one error I know of in age of heroes, but it is not a showstopper and the translation will be updated only if the game gets an update. When you send armies to a war, the announcement is broken. What I mean is that it will say something like: The army x with a general of the tribe y attacks the army z without a general of the tribe n. In reality, the army with a general is reported as having no generals while the one without them is reported as having a general. This is not a big deal as you will know which armies you send. If anybody else is interested in doing a better English translation and has experience, let me know and I could write a short guide on translating OnToys and get the required files to the developer. Granted, my English is not perfect but at least the games will sound better than they did before. I did know the correct spelling of wood, but it must have been a typo I did not notice while testing the game.
Edit: Actually, there will be an update tomorrow which fixes those issues.

2018-04-11 19:34:15

are all games translated yet?

2018-04-11 20:08:36

So well that coud help us. Can you create a gide of translation?

73 Wj3u

2018-04-11 20:11:55

Most of them. Sweeper which was in Russian is now in English though I will agree it does not sound as good. The only fully Russian game not in English is Stratego, but I think that will soon change. All other games are translated, but not all of them are perfect so if you are ready to get used to some grammar errors here and there, you should be able to play just fine.

2018-04-12 09:53:39

Any chance of please having a look at some of the English instructions on the website? I'm afraid the instructions for maffia are particularly confusing, and since it seems that on toys has some quite unique games that aren't available in other social hubs it would be nice if people could know what they're getting.

I'm also not exactly %100 sure what stars are supposed to be fore, but then again I've only just created my account and had a poke around the website, i should try the actual game client later, oh and since we now do have a social hubs category in the db I'll hopefully be trying to give On toys a page too at some stage when i've tried at least some of the games out.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-04-12 11:48:30

Yes dark, the rules are actively being worked on. For example, the pages we currently have fully translated in good English are rules for rainbow, mile by mile, foodball and 66 which is not yet published but should be soon. Yes, Mafia rules are extremely confusing as they have been translated using Google translate. I will take a look at them but for writing good rules, I first need to lear the game myself. I know how to play most of the games on OnToys, but mafia is not one of them as it actually needs more people to be interesting. The minimum is 4 and maximum 16, so the more you have the better. As for stars, they can be understood as a virtual currency of tiflo.space. They can be used to exchange for more toys, to change your nickname or buy the invisibility cap which allows you to quietly visit public spaces without being seen as well as hiding from friends. Stars can be optained in several ways, including by purchase, by participating and getting one of top 10 places in the online quiz (Russian only at present, needs contribution) as well as by participating in game competitions which are held weekly. On each weekend, a game which can be played by 2 people is randomly chosen as a competition game. When a game is chosen for competition, you have a certain number of games you can play, usually from 30 to 50 depending on the game lenghth. Your job is to defeat as many unique opponents as possible, and each win awards you with one point, while a loss does not take away anything except that game, meaning you have less games to play. top 5 places get stars, the first one getting 30 stars if it is the only one, if we have 2 then 15, and if more then each gets 10. The second one gets 8, the third one 6, the fourth 4 and the fifth 2. The best part about these competitions is that games are organized without any intervention of administrators and thus are much easier as there is no specific time during the weekend in which you should play your games. You can create a game whenever you feel llike it and as long as it conforms to the basic rules it will be a competition game which is displayed in the title bar of the client to reflect that.

2018-04-13 02:06:09

Hello...
Mm, may I ask who is translating this game from russian into english? I've found some errors in this translation, but I am not sure whose work was that. I was thinking should I report it to the dev or ask here first. For me as for a russian native those errors are... kind of critical, because those english phrases are not exactly what the dev, or who ever were writing the thing, ment to say. I'd gladly help with that if it'll be needed.
P.S. Thanks for your answer, and sorry, not following the topic since... a year or more, so not sure how are things here heheh.

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2018-04-13 02:12:21

Oh... Updating my previous post a little: keep up the good job, folks who's translating the rules and such. Although there's a lot of strings which might be improved a bit. Don't think it's ever needed, but feel free to contact me if you translators will need any help with that thing. I don't wanna interfere, still, I am willing to help with that since there are lots of erm... a bit wierd looking lines big_smile Which obviously were translated by google before you came in, or something.

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2018-04-13 07:15:38

Hi all,
I have signed up in this platform and honestly I really like it.
Still I am trying to figure out things about the client, but so far it really looks nice.
However, I have a question, is there a way I can be a spectator in the games?
an other question I have is can I switch my game to a private mode so people can not join in?
you know, just like the ctrl+h in play room.
One last question: is it possible to invite other people to my game instead of them having to join me by themselves?
Thanks guys.

2018-04-13 08:10:05

Wow. Great to see this still in development. I'll take a look at it as soon as possible.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-04-13 09:38:54

Stratego is the game I have been waiting for so long now to get translated, seems similar to chess

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2018-04-13 10:52:32 (edited by Nikola 2018-04-13 10:55:04)

@MasterChief to be a spectator, you can either check the according checkbox before joining a server, or press shift plus f11. To make a private game, shift plus escape which hides the server, and pressing f5 unhides it.
@Luciana if I guessed rirght you do speak Russian? Help from somebody who speaks Russian would be very appreciated and would make things easier for the developer to explain. We could get in touch if you want and get something going. Yes, before me most if not  all games were done using a translation service. While it did work in some simpler games, it had some very confusing parts.
@smoothgunner You are not the only one. Several people have asked for stratego translation and it will probably happen when we do get a native Russian speaker. Improving games is easier than translating completely. For now, there are several English pages listing stratego rules so you can get a feel of the game. The thing which is similar to Chess is the board, but there is some guessing involved in this game unlike chess.

2018-04-13 12:19:28

Greetings!

The link in post one needs an update. Here below, is link to the english site:

https://tiflo.space/en/ontoys/

2018-04-13 15:29:26

An entirely new topic could be created if people want that with up to date info on games in the first post.

2018-04-14 02:39:20

@nidza07
Would be neat! As we know each other somewhat I believe big_smile I followed you in twitter so it'll be easier to talk about this stuff.  And I must say, once again, very good job!

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2018-04-14 02:40:36

Thanks smile yeah now that I know who you are I do remember you.

2018-04-17 10:53:22

Hi all,
As you may didn't know, the spanish translation for the client and games will be available this or the next week, however we don't know if the website should be translated.

73 Wj3u

2018-04-17 11:56:02

As far as I know, website translations are not yet possible. Will update you in case something in that regard changes, and I was told it will in the future. More languages started to appear, thus there will probably be the possibility to translate the website.

2018-04-17 12:52:53

Thanks Nidza. You know I'm very updated at this news.

73 Wj3u

2018-05-02 17:12:43

Age of heroes has been updated today and the issues talked about on here should now be gone. It also got new music together with Romanian localization for people who speak Romanian. As far as I know, only the interface and age of heroes are currently in Romanian but I guess more will come in the future.

2018-05-05 14:30:03

For those who were waiting on it, Stratego is now in English. Enjoy.

2018-05-05 21:39:42

nidza you just made my day. going to check it out now

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos