2018-04-10 23:48:59

does anyone know w hat to do about that chrome error thingy? i really wanta play, i've played before, but i don't have t he aac: files anymore

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-04-11 01:02:19

Fox, do you get the error after chrome asks where to save the file?
I tried the link in this topic and in the AAC topic with IE, firefox, and Chrome, and they all work fine.
Try downloading the file with IE or Firefox; if you can; and see what happens.
Later!

2018-04-11 02:56:51

i tried both IE and firefox, neither worked. firefox says i might not have permision to use it or some shit. IE says the page can't be found.
and i usually don't use the save as thing if that's what your referring to, but wen i tried it, it didn't let me. i just clicked on the link and it said chromdata or whatever. please help!
also triston, my skype is brennan draves.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-04-11 12:39:25 (edited by threeblacknoises 2018-04-11 12:41:59)

Fox, can you download Remnant at all?
If so, I might be able to put AAC up on dropbox for you.
Also, check IE's security settings under toolls, internet options.
That might be your problem, as a 100% setting causes IE to stop all file downloads.
Later!

2018-04-11 15:57:25

Hey fox.
Yes, I know that, I've already sent you a contact request.
Just except it whenever you want, and I can send you my save as well as instructions on where to put it.

2018-04-11 22:57:09

@triston there's no contact request, although i  can look again.
@threeblacknoises i am able to download remnant just fine.

----------

2018-04-12 02:14:58

Hay Fox, here's a dropbox link to Adventure at C.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wb85w8v22pmsdl8/aac.zip?dl=1
Please post here once you get the file so I can remove it from dropbox.
Later!

2018-04-12 07:11:47

Fox, that's really strange. I sent a contact request to Brennan Draves, and It's still not showing up?
I know it's you cause when I searched for Brennan Draves, this was the only thing that popped up.
That's really strange. Check one more time, see if you can find Live:tristan.h.m in Your list. If it still doesn't show up, I really don't know. Hmm

2018-04-12 13:18:56

Nice, I hope the dropbox link works for fox.
Speaking of which, if anyone has this problem again, is Adventure at C also available from the audiogame archive, or does that download just link to the main vgstorm site?

2018-04-12 14:09:16

I went to the audiogames archive to check on your question, and yes Adventure at C is their.
https://www.agarchive.net/games/vg/adve … at%20c.zip
I'll put this link in the main post to.
Strangely enough, Remnant is also their.
I'll have to get in contact with them to see about getting them to update that once my update gets finished.
Of course, dark will have to finish his lines first, wink wink.
Later!

2018-04-12 21:39:25

thank you for the db link, it downloaded just fine!

----------

2018-04-12 21:55:08

Hey!
Question, once again!
You know when you get the challange of completing the platforming Level in 40 Seconds to get to the path of truth?
Well, it says: Press left to decline this challenge. Press right to except this challenge. Press enter to hear this information again.
How did you do that? Haha
Did you Place a transition one tiles to the players left and one to the players right?
But that still doesn't explain how you got it to repeat the information With the enter key, or maybe it does. Haha. Maybe I'm just to dumb to figure it out. smile

2018-04-12 23:04:59

They're all transitions.
Pressing enter is also a transition that you're standing on.
Later!

2018-04-13 01:58:33

triston, i accepted your skype request

----------

2018-04-13 08:29:22

Fox, I saw that. I've already sent you my save.

2018-04-13 10:51:54

Hi,
I found that challenge thing quite a clever little well, I don't know what the word is. I wouldn't exactly call it a hack, it's a clever little something and I don't know what the word is I am looking for. But it effectively made the game have a little UI for a few seconds, very clever. It kind of reminds me of the interactive fiction archive and some projects I found there, because sometimes, people did what was weirdly called a-machine abuse where they made ascii games using inform which was quite clever as well because it was just totally unexpected, although, I don't know why they'd call it an abuse, that doesn't make sense, I always found stuff like that clever when people think outside the box.

2018-04-14 05:04:25

sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but how do i make a stage end? i place an end of level square with space. but it doesn't do anything to the stage.

----------

2018-04-14 08:46:50

Hey fox, if you're in the editing mode of Your stage, that is, the mode where you can press F5 to switch between Builder mode and play test mode, the end of Level doesn't work.
This is because if you were building a really big or eppic stage, like Remnant, for example, smile, and you accidentally stepped on the end of level square, EG, when testing out a boss at the end of the Level, you would get the congratulations! Level complete message, and you would be sent back to the in between levels area. Now you'd have to start building your stage all over again.
Yeah, frustrating, right?
That's why it doesn't work when you're in editing mode.
If you're in playing mode, however, I don't know what is wrong.

2018-04-15 01:20:55

speaking of ending and making stages, is there a way to resave your stage without hitting f10 and having to replace the existing file there? If so, then oh my god please tell me. lols
I mean like after you've saved it once.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2018-04-15 08:57:05

@audiogame, no. If you've already saved Your stage and you've updated it, you have to save the updated Version With a New name. It's kind of annoying, but learn to live With it. Heh heh.
smile

2018-04-15 15:15:18

So a bit of a technical question. How/what editor/filter did you used to make it sound like the program that contacts you  sounds like it's calling you on the phone?  If you're unsure of what I'm talking about, you can go to the castle of lies and go to the left and you'll see what I mean. That, or the stage where you fall or have a seen of you falling into a   Corrupt sector.  The reason I want to know is that I am fascinated with Sound design, and either I'm missing something, or goldwave doesn't have that filter.

2018-04-15 18:11:38 (edited by threeblacknoises 2018-04-15 18:15:49)

Goldlwave does have that filter.
For the old espeak version of the program and that easter egg you found; good job on that by the way, I used the portable effect chane.
I applied it using the batch processing option.
For the new program, I used two filters, goldwaves thin under equalizer, and nero wave editer's cheap radeo also found under equalizer; but only because I forgot where to find the portable setting in goldwave.
For both versions I also downsampled the resultant output to 16 KHZ before adding it to the sceens.
Hope that helped...
Audiogame, you can  save over your existing stage, just remember what you called it, as AAC won't.
Also be careful, as their is no comfirmation prompt for overiting files.
Later!

2018-04-15 23:27:23

quick question, i want to make a puzzle based on the super liam bonus level thing? but i just want it to move me foward in the level? how would i do that? also, i figured out my earlier problem with endings

----------

2018-04-16 01:55:09

The only way to have the stage builder move you forward in a level is to use a teleport pad, or make another stage and place its starting position where you want to be moved to, then make a transition in the first level at the point where you want the move to happen.
You could also add a transition in the second level to move you back to the first, but you'd have to make a third level and place its starting position at the point where the original move happened.
I know, that sounds complicated, and it kind of is, but that's how you have to do what you're asking using the stage builder's limitations.
Also; to all people who wish to ask me questions relating to the stage builder, have you read my stage builder manual?
I'm only asking because it covers a lot of the basics; and some of the non-basics, and I wouldn't mind answering your questions, so long as you've read that first.
This way, all people should be mostly on the same page regarding stage builder knowledge, and more thought provoking questions can be asked, and not the same questions over and over from multiple people.
That's all, thanks.
Later!

2018-04-16 09:54:27

Yup, I've read it, and it's awesome!
I asked these questions here because you said that Remnants perpice was to show everyone what the stage Builder could do, and you've done an amazing job With that. Here's some Things I asked about which the manual doesn't cover.
It doesn't cover:
1: How to set timers. Seriously, I never would've thought of placing an enemy right next to the bomb, and tell it to end the stage when it gets killed. That's amazing.
2: how to change items. The super Liam Levels have Super Liam items. I didn't even know that placing a scene at the items position would overwrite the sound and Your SAPI voice saying what you got.
3: I'd never manage to think of all the Things to create the platform path to truth.

I know, you can't cover everything in deatale, about all the Things you possibly could do With the stage Builder, because that would take way to long, both to Write and to read. Haha. I was simply wondering how you did some Things that weren't covered in the manual.