2018-04-09 02:51:33

hi.
Ok, this is frustrating me. Could someone please either invite me to a dropbox folder where they have crazy party beta 58 or post a dropbox link to it? My internet blocks the download because it thinks it's a virus, and I really don't think it's a good idea to use my hotspot to download it.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2018-04-09 15:39:32

Okay, hang on a sec. You now have to get 5 buoys to beat the Buoys' Beach game? THAT IS EVIL. I have never been able to get that many on that game because of all the water you have to swim through and not knowing where the buoys are. Does anyone have any tips about how to even attempt to beat that game?

2018-04-09 16:38:29

Sorry for double-posting but:

I just attempted to get the latest version of Crazy Party. I tried to extract and only got the changelog to copy over. I tried copying over the files two different ways with no success. Then I decided to restart my computer. The desktop would not load. I had to do a system recovery to get things back to normal. I do not know what the hell just happened but I'm not downloading that file again until the next update. I wouldn't wish this on anybody but I kind of hope I'm not the only one who experienced this...

2018-04-09 16:45:18

@The imaginatrix
Before this update, you had to get ten.
This was way to hard, so Pragma lowered the number of buoys you had to get in order to beat the game to five.
I understand you though, that game is quite hard, even getting five is not easy. It is a little Luck based, and it takes practis.

2018-04-09 17:20:52

@imaginatrix
I think that was just you... lol I extracted beta 58 perfectly fine.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-04-09 18:01:15

Yep, downloaded it last night and played on liam's stream. Sounds like your download may have been false flagged.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2018-04-09 18:34:16 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2018-04-09 18:41:47)

I redownloaded again, since if the problem occurred again we knew how to fix it. I first tried to extract from the folder. Only the changelog was copied before it acted like the copy was finished and I could enter the folder. This happened previously too, although in that case I deleted the file folder, thinking the process was done. I didn't do this again, but instead restarted (thankfully without incident) and extracted the folder from the zip of an earlier version of CP (Beta 56, the last one I downloaded). This extraction worked just fine. So it's the download that is not cooperating, not the extraction process in general, which was what I was fearing. I don't know why this is the case, but I can't deny the results of my testing.

To clarify what exactly happened, as I was somewhat frazzled when I made the previous post, I got an error saying a file path was unavailable twice when I tried to back out of the Crazy Party folder during the initial extraction, and closed the folder window before reopening it again. Things seemed normal but the copying process fared no better than the automatic extraction did in that I only got the changelog into the folder. So I restarted and heard the critical error sound for my computer (in this case, a very loud foghorn blast). My mum read me the error and it said something like the file path for my desktop (which I had not in any way messed with) was unavailable, and might be on another drive (which it was not). She was able to access the control panel and perform a system recovery to April 7, which was the most recent restore point, and everything went back to normal once that process was complete. I still do not know for sure that the Crazy Party download did this, but the fact that it still resists extraction when other zip files do not tells me that it has issues I do not know how to solve and I'm not going to mess with it further.

2018-04-10 04:47:33

well at least you got your game to work. I, meanwhile, can't even download it because it's blocked on my school internet. Really miss playing online and was very upset that I couldn't play with laim when he did his stream yesterday.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2018-04-10 07:40:34

Strange. What anti-virus are you using? Defender? NOD32 lets me download and extract it just fine, but then I have to unblock the program through properties in File Explorer before it lets me play it. I've never heard of that error that says the path to your desktop is invalid. I'd test that myself, but this is my only machine and I'd rather not wreck it. Lol. Either way, that's odd.

2018-04-10 11:49:53

I'm on Windows 7 and was using the default extraction thing to extract the files, and then I tried entering the zip folder and copying the files out of it. Neither worked. I have no idea why this error happened either and I've had others tell me it can't possibly be Crazy Party, but then why can I not use my usual methods of extraction on this one folder? In any case, I think Imma wait for the next version and hope I can proceed as normal with that.

2018-04-10 13:13:59

did you ever consider the possibility that the extracter program was infected? Don't you think logically that so many people would be infected if the folder had a virus? The folder is clean. This is 100% confirmed info.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2018-04-10 19:19:55 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2018-04-10 19:25:29)

I tested the extractor on another zip folder and it worked as normal. I copied another folder to another location and that also worked as normal. I've done two security scans since this happened and no threats were detected.

2018-04-10 21:51:30

so, what makes you suspect this was a virus? It could have been anything, encluding data corruption on the hard disk. Try extracting the folder on another pc. Or use 7-zip.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2018-04-11 05:43:22

Not sure if this is related to the extraction issues, but started having an odd issue yesterday, and haven't been able to resolve it, so thought I'd see if anyone here had any suggestions. When trying to launch the game, I get: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to access the item." It was working fine for a few days, and then this cropped up. I can still launch earlier versions of the game, it's only 58 that's showing this. Using Windows 7 and Microsoft Security Essentials, and not seeing anything detected which might explain this.

Los Angeles Based musician, blogger, and programmer.
https://artistibarra.com/

2018-04-11 06:16:12

That sounds sort of kind of similar to what I was experiencing. I, too, am using Windows 7 and MSSE. I haven't had this exact experience but I dare not mess with it further in case things go screwy again. No matter what anybody says, I'll err on the side of caution, as I usually do.

2018-04-11 06:42:42

That is very strange. I'm starting to think MSE is deleting it.

2018-04-11 10:13:03

Yeah windows defender/msse being over secure again.
I had to block that folder and reinstall the game after cleaning the computer and emptying history again.
ms antivirus seems to find more lagitimate programs than malware.

2018-04-11 11:06:15

Well yes, it does seem in this case windows defender is being silly about crazy party, when I extracted version 58 I had exactly the same problem, namely it auto removed several files, including the exe file.

Silly windows.

Fortunately when i moved the zip folder to my C:\audiogames folder which I've made an exception, in Windows defender I was able to  extract no problem and run the game without any trouble.

Actually this is one thing I'll say for Windows defender over other anti virus programs, it actually does" respect folders you make exceptions big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-04-11 11:39:21 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2018-04-11 11:44:52)

But I'm using Windows 7. It shouldn't be doing this in Windows 7. And if it's MSE, why can I extract Crazy Party 56 from it's zip folder without issue? That's why I don't believe it's the extraction process that's bugged—I can extract other zipped content just fine. Also, I can copy entire folders just fine as well, which is the other way I get things out of a zipped folder—by entering it and copying the contents somewhere else. The copying/extraction process was also significantly shorter with beta 58 than beta 56, which makes sense given the changelog was the only visible file after completion. The files still existed within the zip, but refused to copy over no matter what I did.

2018-04-11 17:15:22

You shouldn't try to copy files out of a zip without extracting, since zip files are compressed and won't work properly if they're not uncompressed, as people have said, if your having trouble try 7zip from www.7zip.org which works far better than windows default unzipper.

Windows defender didn't give me any warnings either. When I extracted the contents of the crazy party beta 58 folder in my downloads, the contents appeared to be there but when I tried to copy it it clearly wasn't, ie, it had been deleted automatically.
When however I moved the crazy party zip folder to my audiogames directory which I have made an exception from windows defender it extracted fine and copied across to my main crazy party folder fine.

Hth.

Edit: Okay this is confirmed.
I just tried extracting beta 58 and running the exe file and got this:

Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software.

[OK]

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-04-11 23:47:02

hi guys,
Submited the .exe file as a false posetive to microsoft. More of us should do it, so they listen. Haven't  heard from in four days. Also, be sure that the problems on your pc were caused by something else, not CP. You could've had another virus, activated in another part of your pc trigger, or extracting the file might have hit a corrupted portion of your hard disk. Try running chkdsk with the /r parameter.

2018-04-12 04:26:23

How do you submit a false positive to microsoft enes? I'd be interested to know.
Indeed, it might be worth talking to microsoft since there seems to have been issues with bgt applications recently, and if microsoft have done something as stupid as blanket categorising all Bgt applications as viruses they probably need to be set straight.

2018-04-12 10:17:50

With me, though, everything but the changelog refused to copy over, not just the application.

What's this thing you said I should run? I've never heard of it before....

2018-04-12 10:26:52

I didn't say to run anything, I just suggested 7zip as a better way of unzipping the contents of a zip archive than windows default, since you should always extract all the files from inside a zip archive before trying to run them since they were compressed to put them in the archive and need to be uncompressed in order to run propperly.

7zip won't help you with crazy party specifically though. Since I believe microsoft security is the problem, you will need to make a  an exception and extract the crazy party archive there. You should also make whatever folder you've currently got crazy party installed in an exception too just to be sure windows security doesn't munch up your game files.

As to how to make folders exceptions, in windows defender you go to the button that says "Anti virus, then to "settings" then to "exceptions" and select "folder"  from the dropdown that asks if you want to make a file or folder an exception.

I'm not sure if this is the same on windows 7 with MS security essentials, but it shouldn't be too difficult.

hth.

2018-04-12 18:29:31

I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to post 1275. I have 7zip but the default extractor's always worked before.

Also, I copy out when there's a folder within a folder because I don't need a nested folder for this one game to go into.