2018-03-29 15:14:09

Hi,
You mentioned teleporters. How come there are two moving teleporters, when, in the first hub at least, there is a teleporter right on the left when you go to location 61? What is the other, second moving teleporter for? I had a look at your previous explanation, and this second moving teleporter is the only one that is confusing me now.

2018-03-29 15:59:01

The first moving teleporter is the first one you enter, while the one at your destination is the second one.
They both have to move to make the illusion that the first teleporter vanished work.
You have to set both teleporters to stop chacing at a sirtin tile for the illusion to work as well.
I guess that was kind of confusing, sorry about that.
Later!

2018-04-04 22:02:02

Hi there!
Just wondering, how did you manage to have the spikes that kill you With just one hit make a lower sound? And how did you change the Pitch of the platforms? The small ones make a high sound, the big ones make a low one? It's totally ok if you don't want to or can't tell us, but I've played Adventure at c: for over two years now, and haven't yet seen a feature where that's possible.
I'm loving this series so far, I've only managed to Complete 3 or 4 stages though. I'll have to get better at platforming, and I thought I was good at it! Hahaha.
Can't wait to fight some of the more eppic bosses! I'll keep playing and playing untill I've completed the intire thing, I'm not giving up untill I've done it!
Have a Nice day,
Tristan!

2018-04-05 00:33:07 (edited by threeblacknoises 2018-04-05 00:38:33)

Remnant's purpose; at heart; is to show just what the stage builder can do, so I don't mind sharing.
The spikes that kill you in one hit actually have a lower sound overlaied on top of the existing sound, while the small and big platforms are just a tile with a custom sound sourse attached to them.
Also, don't get used to easpeak.
I'm working on a major update that'll completely obliterate it for good!
Wish I could say the same for eloquence replacing Aaron Baker at the vary end...
It's really to bad Aaron Baker didn't finish adding the feature that would have let us replace the in-game voice samples of the main character getting hit and the like, I could have just replaced Aaron Baker with, say, MatPat of game theory. or something.
I made Remnant because AAC didn't have any kind of relly functional example of what the stage builder could do.
I played a game series Called RPG maker a few years ago that was it's own; fully functional; fully enjoyable; RPG, and once you finished it, you got a password that would let you look at how the game was built and figure out how to make your own game that you could share with the world.
I wanted Remnant to be that sort of thing for Adventure at C, and it looks like; after four years; it's finally doing its job.

Later!

2018-04-07 11:29:35

Thanks so much! Now, one more question, if you don't mind.
How did you set a timer? If you don't make it to the end in one minut, for example, you have to start over.   I've still only completed about Three stages, but I saw something about it.
Don't remember where, though.
Thanks again!

2018-04-07 14:58:36

I figured that'd be your next question. smile...
Their isn't a function to create a timer, though that should have been one of the first things Aaron Baker inplimented when he made the stage builder.
So, seeing as their's no timer function, I had no choice but to place a time bomb outside the player's range and set it for 1 minute.
Then I made a dummy virus with minimum stats and no sound files; press escape on said prompts; and placed it 1 tile away from the bomb with instructions to end the stage when it was killed; essentially making it the stages boss that no one ever sees.
Once the bomb goes off, it triggers the end of stage event, and you have a timer!
Then I just needed to place a stage transition at the point where the stage is supposed to end and something like a steel data so the player can't ever get to the bomb; if it's in a place where the player could go, and, tada! Stages with timers!
It's in the stage builder manual to; just in case you forget...
Later!

2018-04-07 16:47:15 (edited by Tristan04 2018-04-07 16:48:09)

Wow! Haha. I seriously Wonder how I've never thought of that before! I've bilt over 50 stages, not in a series or anything, just 50 separat stages, but I've never thought of anything of that. Hahaha. Seriously, this is blowing my mind... How, could I not think of something that simple, and at the same time that crazy hard?
smile
You're really creative! I love this thing! Remnant has really tought me that you can do so, so much more With the stage Builder than just building a crazy hard obstacle course and saying, yup, this is the hardest stage ever, and releasing it. Cuz, that's what I have done, for the most part. Haha. I like the enemies, too, BTW. Some of the sounds are really cool
Thank you for this totally enormous, and totally amazing series!

2018-04-07 22:05:26 (edited by Tristan04 2018-04-07 23:44:31)

And yeah, I have one more question, but I don't wanna be annoying, and I know that you didn't get any help coding stuff that would've been impossible for others to do, and I know that you only used the stage builder's features, so just for fun, I'll try to figure this one out for myself. I'll post here if I, for the life of me, can't figure it out, but I'm gonna try, very hard! Haha!

2018-04-07 23:37:11

Well good luck with that, and post here once you think you've figured it out, and I'll tell you if you're right or not.
Later!

2018-04-07 23:40:44

Yup, I'll do that for sure. I'm still trying to figure  it out. Haha

2018-04-08 22:49:30

Hey there, It's me again. Yup, bet you were expecting me...
I can't figure anything out, haha, so here comes a cupple of questions. Hope you're ready!
Getting tired of me yet?
smile

Well, first Things first. 1: How did you manage to have a spessial
scene for when you die at the path of truth? I hear my Death sound eckoing, and then a slide is carriing me Down. My only Guess is that you could Place the same scene for each and every square you could possibly die on, but that would take so, so, so, oh so much time! I know this because I've managed to come quite far on that path, which brings me to my next question.

2: How did you have the Music change in the middle of the Level, and how did you have the alarm go off when the fire reaches a surtan point? I saw that right after I waisted 50 lives on that long long path With platforms, and I just gave up. I looked in a cheetsheet document, or something, and I saw that the alarm goes off once the fire gets to a surtan point in the Level. Just qurious how you did it.

3: How did you set it so that the time it takes Your character to slide Down to the path of lies increases as you get farther in the path of truth?

I think that's it, for now, at least. I may be posting here again very soon, because I've either 1, forgotten something, or 2, managed to Complete another Level, and got stuck on the next. Hahaha

2018-04-08 23:04:57

No, I'm not tired of you yet.
In fact, I'm rather stimulated by your questions that took way way to long to come.
I'd been hoping someone like you would come along sence I finished Remnant, and now you have.
Maybe you could make the next epic stage...
Anyway, your questions...
Yes, I did place a transition on each and every square the player could fall in; took about an hour, but so worth it in the end.
Related to that, I made the time it takes for the player to reach the bottom of the slide change by making 4 levels that play the same sceen, but read out different text at the end.
I think they're called fall1 to fall4, or something like that.
The music change is just another stage that activates when you reach a sirtain point, and that alarm you hear is timed.
You aren't actually triggering it, it's just a sceen that activates when the stage starts.
I placed that sound their for two reasons.
The first; and hopefully most obvious, is that the player needed to know when time was almost up.
The second, is that it's actually a reference to super Mario world, in wich the P blocks that change varyables in a level make that sound when they're about to run out.
The alarm is actually for when the fire is about to reach the position that level starts on, by the way.
Oh, and, you were almost to the path of truth!
Keep trying!
And, one more thing...
If; somehow; you actually reach the beginning of chapter 3 from chapter 1 or two; meaning you don't actually start on chapter 3, and you manage to reach the path of truth, something good will defanatly happen!
Later!

2018-04-09 00:24:10

i have a quick problem, the link for downloading aac: doesn't work, also, if anyone could provide me with a save as i would really like to build my own stages, i would try and complete the game on my own. but i almost did it a while ago, then lost my files. triston told me he'd give me the file but he hasn't yet.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-04-09 03:31:24

I just clicked the link, and it works fine.
Try it again.
Later!

2018-04-09 06:55:16

Hey fox!
I'm so sorry!
Stupid me! Someone added me on skype, and they told me that they would very much like to have that save, so I sent it.
I thought it was you! I'm sorry!
What's Your skype name? Because if you don't have skype, I can't send it to you. Did you join the AAC Group? I can't post it there, because we're like 6, and I can't give my save out to everyone. That would be really confusing With stage creaters and stuff.
My closest friends have the save too, so 90% of the stages I have in my stages folder are made by the same name anyway.
If you want to add me, my skype name is
Live:tristan.h.m
Best regards,
Tristan

2018-04-09 07:09:28

@threeblacknoises,
Thanks for all the answers!
Yes, I'll definitly keep trying! I've completed the path of lies, and now it's path of truth time. That path With platforms is looooooooooong though.
I'm no longer addicted to AAC, I'm addicted to Remnant.
smile

2018-04-09 11:54:35

Tristan, I'm glad you like my stage so much.
As a parting bit of advice, I'll tell you that their exists a way into the path of truth from lies.
In the new update; that's not posted yet, the helpful program eludes to this if you take the left teleporter when you have a choice of which path to take.
Hint; you've been on it, because you've asked me about the spikes that have a lower sound, so I know you failed the challenge.
Later!

2018-04-09 14:31:27

Thanks! I'll check it out when I get home. Can't wait!

2018-04-09 14:41:22

Oooooooh! New update? Yay!
Thought you weren't working on this anymore!
So glad you're still working on it. I'm so excited! Really look forward to the update.

2018-04-09 22:12:46

wen i click on the aac: link it says chrome-error://chromewebdata/

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-04-10 06:57:31

Threeblacknoises, what SAPI voice are you using. I just listened to the path of truth recording in the main Remnant folder, and I found out about it.
I've also played the same Level many times, and I can hear the same voice there.
It's the same voice that they use for Plextalk linio Pocket, an audiobook player.
Mind telling me which voice it is and how you can get it?
Thanks!

2018-04-10 13:07:49

That voice is realspeak Jennifer, a voice that came with JAWS at one point.
I'm not even sure the installer is still available.
Next up did offer her as a vocalizer voice at one point, but that's no longer available either.
And yes, I to have a plextalk, and it is her; though it took me a while to notice...
I do have an installer for the SAPI compliant next up version; which is in the recording, but I'm not sure if I can give it out or not.
I used that voice because the ivona voices I have include an agreement that say; vary clearly; that I am not allowed to use the voices in any public context, even if no money is being made from its use.
Sorry about that.
Later!

2018-04-10 18:49:06

Hi there,

You can download the RealSpeak Jennifer from Freedom Scientific's website. It works with JAWS versions newer than JAWS 10, but it doesn't work with SAPI, only JAWS!

Here is the link:
ftp://ftp.freedomscientific.com/users/h … rd-enu.exe

Best regards:
Aksel Christoffersen

2018-04-10 19:15:42

Hey Threeblacknoises, I've almost done it! Almost!
I finally got past the Castle of lies! Yay!
Then I fought a hoal ton of enemies, which had super cool sounds, BTW, and got to a Level With what seamd like an endless corrupt sector full of platforms.
I lost all my 40 lives on that sector, and now I'll have to start all over again from Chapter Three!
Stupid sector. Haha.
Well, now that I know of all the tricks in the Castle of lies, I shall win this time!
Remnant, here I come! Muhahahahahahahahahaha!
smile

And even though I've managed to get the good ending very soon, this stage has so, so much replay valliew.
The Remnant post-game, and the path of truth are my next challanges. But it probably doesn't end there either.

2018-04-10 19:18:58

@akse0435, Thanks for the link, downloading now.