2018-04-03 17:02:32

Greetings. Today i was seeking the audio games's db for fps games and i came across a game called  "EXTANT" Unfortunately the download link for PC throws an 404 error.
Please check it out. I'll put the link's page below. Best Regards
http://audiogames.net/db.php?action=view&id=Extant

2018-04-03 18:29:26

Looks like another game for the games archive. The web site is still there but the files are not.

2018-04-03 20:24:45

Since the game was a tech demo originally created by Creative heroes aka Richard and Sander our  glorious webmasters, hopefully getting it back should be relatively easy, though I'm afraid I don't have a copy archived.

it was more an extended demo than a game, a shame that more wasn't done with it particularly since it used the unity engine and was I think the first accessible game created with unity.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-04-04 17:19:34

pardon me, how can i get in contact with the game developers?

2018-04-08 16:29:18

I've dropped Sander an Email with a link to this topic, so hopefully he'll get back to us, otherwise you could of curse use the forum email system to contact him directly.

Hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-04-08 18:26:02

Well, well, well. I didn't think I had this, but while purusing a backup for some old files, I found I did, so here it is for any one that wants it.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/gryd21

If there are no objections, I'll submit this to the audio games archive.

2018-04-09 22:16:02

Please do Orko, the audiogames archive is really handy for this sort of thing and a lot of stuff on the db is available thanks to them.

If Sander gets back to me and prefers to rehost the demo on his own site, that is fair enough, but if not its good there will still be a copy elsewhere.

2018-04-12 16:28:10

Although it's not yet listed on the various developers page yet, John is working on that now, Extant is in the audio games archive.

The direct download link to it is:
https://agarchive.net/games/other/extant.zip

2018-04-13 10:32:29

Okay, all fixed now.
obviously if Sander does decide to rehost the demo we can change it back, but its nice its still available for people to play.
Actually I was sorry it didn't get developed forther with the quests etc that were planned as I thought the design was quite unique.