2018-03-30 10:51:58

@22 of course they wouldn't aproove profiles they already aprooved before. Now I don't know the situation you were in, but asooming you rerolled, you're supposed to play a different character from the one you previously had, not just reviving the same old thing and giving it a new name or description.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-03-31 17:43:46

Nah, the hosts can be completely bipolar at times. I have played for years, and sometimes they are the friendliest people one could imagine, the next, they are making what seems like very arbitrary decisions with very little reasoning or logic behind it. That's not even getting into the whole conversation about certain people always getting involved in the neat plots, or getting the neat stuff. On top of that, it seems like my philosophy on drawing out plotlines that are dividing the playerbase over months or years is in disagreement with them.

The game is extremely well-done, and most days I really enjoy it. There are times though when I wonder why I started playing again for sure.

thanks,
Michael

2018-03-31 18:16:42

Yeah, I get the impression most people want to draw you in and won't leave you to your own devices.  I've already had at least two people come out and tell me I'm just, not social enough for their liking and that I gotta get out and live a little more.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-03-31 18:57:53

Nah, no misinterpreting, the hosts are complete tools, I'd use stronger words, the strongest I could come up with would most likely get me in trouble here, and would just only begin to scratch the surface of their behavior.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-04-01 01:20:22

Greetings! Any soundpack for mush? I like vipmud but Mush I like more. big_smile

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2018-04-01 02:28:23

I don't know, they'd probably throw a fit if they found someone making one.

I should try again and see how many times it takes to get my profile approved, don't know about the actual concept, that was after my time.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-04-01 05:08:00

@31  Damn, that's a bit sad. I am trying this game now without a soundpack, and so far I like it, except the thing about profiles: I'm sure if native speakers profiles get rejected from time to time, what'll be with mine. big_smile  Also the thing about not being able to have some kind of a shopping network is quite annoying. Even in the 80's people had a possibility to find where the x item is sold, and here or ask or go explore. But who knows, maybe I got used to those types of games where everything is already on your plate. big_smile

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2018-04-01 09:23:41

hi, about the soundpack, no they probably wouldn't throw a fit. Just try not to mention it in game too often, give a relyable and central download source where people can get it and where you can link them to if they ask, and you'll be fine. About the shopping, this is the reason why people will help you out if you ask them where you can buy item x or where a certain shop is. There used to be shopping guides for all the alliances, but they got removed because the character who put them together rerolled. And I mean, if you really want to buy something remotely there's always the space shopping network, yes this really is a thing, you'll need a holovid to look at it though.

2018-04-01 11:18:36

Star Conquest is imo, a wonderful game: I'm talking here about playerbase and rp.
I've never had bad experiences with the hosts. I only stopped playing because the old soundpack I used stoped being updated.

2018-04-01 15:20:52

OK, so I'll probably regret this, but I created a character. Now you need 25 industry points to even submit a concept, which, like, why, they want to force you to do this thing, they won't even let you do it straight off. No, so apparently the last line in policy 7 says that accessibility triggers are OK, so sounds, etc. Basically as long as its not sending shit to the MOO, letting you pack commands into one alias, etc.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-04-01 16:38:56

The reason for having you have 25 industry points before submitting a concept is that they feel you need to get used to the game and understand the world and the theme a bit first. It shouldn't take you too long to get 25 industry if you do the stuff given by the cadet officer and the missions on SVC and such. As for the shopping guide, I hear one is in the works again, but I'm not sure. As for updated soundpacks the one on this topic seems to be pretty good.

2018-04-01 16:49:35

hmm,my 15th profile not accept again,no idea.

2018-04-01 21:49:04 (edited by Luciana 2018-04-01 21:53:35)

I think I am starting to adapt in the game, and yeah there are a lot of nice and friendly people, both ooc (newbie help) and ic. I'm still good without a soundpack, although the history buffer would be nice cause in game you cannot check the channel history, which is obvious, but sometimes is a bit sad. big_smile I think I can handle that one though. I still am not aware of many things, but I am llooking forward to try it! Regarding points... Mm, don't know, I've got more than 20 already, and I registered my char yesterday. Yes, I love salvaging. big_smile Of corse it may be because of my alliance choice, but anyway.

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2018-04-02 00:22:25

So, if English is not your native language?  Assume you're going to have issues.  It's a shame, but there it is, plain and simple, and sad but true.  Those who wonder how you write a concept?  Think about your character, that is, the character you're going to play.  Who is he?  What is he?  Where is he in life and where does he hope to be in future?  What are his goals?  In essence, what you're trying to do is condense the entirety of your profile into one sentence.  If you can do that, you should, in theory, be able to write a profile quite easily.  If you can't, then obviously the profile will be that much harder.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-04-02 02:45:54

The soundpack will be needed when you enter real space combat..
In sc, space combat is a fast, deadly affair. No screen reader can properly read everything. I mean they can but the combat is too fast for it..
As in while you listen to the messages, you can be hit and even destroyed.

2018-04-02 03:43:03

I'm not familier with the backstory yet, due to my language barrier I'll have to get through the helpfiles several times, and I'm not really sure it will help me at all. I don't wanna sound as if I were whining, but why don't they offer some help, not every person is able to write well, especially if they're brand new to the game and or if their native language is not english. Although I don't know yet what restrictions besides not being able to be a pilot I may have for not having a profile in. Ok, I think I'm done with whining. big_smile 
Regarding combat, and the need for a soundpack... Yeah, I've experienced that, although I am still able to control the situation, maybe because there weren't too much ships around. big_smile

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2018-04-02 03:57:50

yes, it is required for us. I refuse to use VIPMUD though, I hate that thing.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-04-02 04:52:42

I don't like vipmud either, that's why I decided to use mush for better, without any soundpack, because for me it is much more easier.

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2018-04-02 09:56:19

Edited by moderator:
hi, if you want to use vipmud without any demo limitations, just **********
it'll tell you your key is unregistered but if you go to start a mud you'll notice you have full version privilages. I'm *not* posting this here for some form of crack, the program allows you to do this, and if david greenwood doesn't want it used he should patch it, but he hasn't because he never updates his stuff.

2018-04-02 20:15:44

MODERATION!
@connor142,
And just because you leave your dor unlocked doesn't mean I should feel free to barge in without your permission.  If the product has a price tag it should be respected, whatever the dev does or does not do with it.  Please refrain from such activity in future!

2018-04-02 21:36:45

@nocternous I know this diverges from the topic in question, and as the mod its your responsibility to filter things like this out, but yes, yes if I am foolish enough to leave my door unlocked you can barge in and steal my stuff. You could even call a group of your neighborhood friends over to trash my place if you felt so inclined. Sure, it sucks for me, but ultimately its my fault for leaving it open. This is basically what David did. But anyway, I shouldn't speak of this any more, because we don't need this to turn into an even more protracted argument than it already is.

2018-04-03 08:38:42

So after trying some combat I got an understanding that I definitely need a soundpack. And I tried to install the one for vip, unfortunately, it didn't work. First it wasn't connecting, and now it gives me an error 12006. I copied the folders, I think, correctly, but perhaps not. big_smile So an instruction would be nice. I think I've got a soundpack from db. Thank you in advance! smile

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2018-04-03 17:04:52

So, you've unzipped the pack. Copy the folder with all the sounds into your sounds folder. Then there should be another folder just named Star Conquest or something similar. Go into that folder and copy and paste all the folders and files in there to whatever you named your star conquest.set folder to. then, the easiest thing is probably to open the .set file that came with the pack and copy and paste all that into your .set file for SC. that should load all the script files that then play your sounds.

Installing packs in vipmud is very doable, but very much a pain. that is one area where I wish there were improvements.

thanks,
Michael

2018-04-03 18:54:33

If the devs made it correctly, all you should have to do it paste two folders inside your data dir then create your character with the same name as the pack and it should work.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-04-03 21:26:59

There was three files, two folders )one is named scripts and another is named Star Conquest), the second one contains sounds while the first one contains set files. The third file is the pack's set file. Sorry folks, there was my mistake, I copied everything correctly but when was setting up my character, made a mistake in one of those fields. I hate that they're not labeled. I've fixed it now (thankfully I have an example), and the thing works. The only error I am getting now is related to the room.set file. That one I am not really sure how to fix: I am not familiar with this kind of code. sad
But anyways, thanks to everyone who gave an explanation! smile

Sincerely yours... Lucy.