2018-03-23 09:17:15

Hi all,
Nocturnus and I have decided to give Star Conquest another go.
Miriani is feeling a bit dull these days, what with only having mods to do really, and we have talked about it on and off for some time.
We're still working on development on our own game, but sometimes you just, wanna play a game instead of coding or building, or writing backstory.
Anyway, we're searching for a Star Conquest soundpack that works with VIPMud.
If you have a link, or a BT secret for one we'd be most greatful.
Cheers,
Nightshade

2018-03-23 11:00:11

the profile is a big problem  for the people who  is not english.

2018-03-23 11:23:45

i said i already submit more than 10 profile,i discover the game at 2016 but i still hard working for profile,no even one accept.
you said miriani,it's just free,and they allow pirate.

2018-03-23 14:33:40

@snow I'd be willing to try and help you with your profile if you'd be interested.

2018-03-23 15:39:21

www.randomcorner.me is where its at.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-03-23 15:50:08

nightshade,i send you a pm,i think it should not be post on forum to talk?

2018-03-23 15:58:47

@connor142 Thank you so much.
@snow I'll have a look.

2018-03-23 17:27:12

for a more up to date one, with a much improved ground combat set of sounds, which I'm still working on before officially fully distributing, go here.
scripts.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t4vjsfa9j4z1 … f73Sa?dl=0
sounds.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bhnqmt73gx6w … NV9ka?dl=0
keep in mind as the credits file says the original soundpack is not my own work, I just updated it after the original developers, and the guy from randomcorner.me, stopped playing.

2018-03-23 18:48:28

@rashad do you have a BT secret or a dropbox folder that gets regular updates? If not can you keep us updated when you release new stuff?
Thanks so much.

2018-03-23 18:58:56

There is no public one at this particular second for the same reason there isn't an official place it's hosted. the plan was to have one once the final little kinks have been worked out and depending on how the game's staff felt about shared folders. I'm also waiting on an email back from someone to make sure they're happy with how they're credited; I'd really rather not have issues with that sort of thing later on.

2018-03-24 01:35:45

I see, well, do keep us updated in this topic if you don't mind.

2018-03-24 02:34:14

@2 no, if you write like that, your profile will most definitely not be accepted, I write excellently, and mine was rejected multiple times, though I did get older characters in.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-03-24 03:54:34

@12,i think the forum pm don't have remind feature.
about the profile,i have to write in single line.

2018-03-24 04:21:30

No, don't do it that way, use an external editor like Jart or something, or Microsoft Office, or equivalent. That way you can proof it, spellcheck it, etc. They *will not* take profiles unless it is free from spelling and grammar errors, it fits the game back story to a T, it is decently long. In other words, if its not perfect, they won't take it.

When you write the profile, then you select all, copy, then paste into the mud client. Once you hit enter, it will go through and paste all the lines one by one for you, then you enter a dot, then enter again and done.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-03-24 05:18:07

no,i mean,it's not a full profile,they only allow me write in single line.

2018-03-24 11:35:44

@ironcross what he means is the new system they added. Its supposed to help with imersion but its only been a hastle for me and others who were writing profiles. Basically, now if you want to write a profile, you first have to come up with a character concept. This means you have to summarize your character's past, goals, and who they are in one sentense which must be aprooved and then you can submit a profile. If your profile gets rejected however, you have to use a new concept, they auto reject concepts they already saw even if those were aprooved before.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-03-24 23:46:23

oh... wow. what in the ever loving... OK, if I needed another reason to stay away from that game, which I didn't, I certainly have it now.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-03-25 00:37:40

they'd better approve mine, or I'm gonna dump it as soon as it's denied..  I'm not gonna sit around trying to appease a bunch of strangers writing a bunch o nonsense for them they can get of to or whatever it is they do with their subjective perfection.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-03-25 03:20:33

They probably won't, they're freaking nuts over there.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-03-29 06:08:49

Concept approved!  Now, we'll see about the profile

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-03-30 08:47:56

We both have approved profiles and concepts. Its not that difficult! Now on to bigger things!

2018-03-30 09:04:16

omg,
I like star conquest, believe me I do, the creatures are nice( the feellos?) everything else is designed such that its easy to emmerce your self in RP or to do activitys and feel like they matter some how.
The story or the plotline is well layed out.

But yes, the hosts are utter dicks,they dont approve the profiles they have approved before, one even told me we would have approved it if you hadnt told us that we had approved it before, lmao?
The players are treeted like shites beneath the shoe of the hosts,and all of this makes the experience less enjoyable than what it could have been. and by the shoe comment what I mean is they are rude to the players, what does it take to be polite anyway?

So whilst Star conquest is a game I might be tempted to play now and then,the hosts utter impolite attitude plus no help provided or profiles taken under consideration of a player not having english as their first language is what keeps me away.
and this new concept sentence is just... what I said at the beginning tongue
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2018-03-30 09:04:49

either it's not as difficult as I've always heard, or they've let themselves go a bit, because I deliberately left in something that could have been seen or interpreted as a grammar error just to find out; it was a trivial thing, mind, so they either overlooked it or simply didn't find it to be an issue at all, which honestly makes me happy.  I can now relax my previous stance on SC and get down to playing the thing and, perhaps helping the rest of hte community.

2018-03-30 09:05:35

hmm... they refuse my concept 2 times now , fine, not sure what to add anymore sad

2018-03-30 09:08:04

@grryfindore,
is there any chance you're misinterpreting the text a bit?  All text, as far as I'm concerned, can sound seriously harsh when coming from a screen reader, which is why I'll always hold that listening to audio and reading braille  are never going to be one and the same.  when you listen to something you are at the mercy of whoever or whatever interprets it.  when you read it, you have the flexibility of assigning whatever interpretation you like to it for the most part, unless the writer makes it very clear that there is to be no mistake in their delivery, and even then, you can dial down the severity of certain things.