2018-03-27 17:23:06

New out, my audio typing tutor program.  This is a public trial version and I am wanting booby testers.  Or should that be bug testers?  Anyways, available at www.rockywaters.co.uk and now I am hoping I am finally free to return to coding up some more accessible games.

Try my free games and software at www.rockywaters.co.uk

2018-03-27 22:59:55

Sign me the hell up!

2018-03-28 13:15:44

Wow. Seems really awesome...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-03-28 13:17:25

There's been a lot of people looking at this topic, and while its understandable to look, what is really needed is a more hands on approach.  Seriously though folks, I do need this program testing and then I can finally move back to doing some more games.  If this public beta trial works, then I'll do the same for my next game also.

2018-03-28 13:45:42

Hi there, I would like to test out this typing tutor program as well. When I went to the website, I don’t see a link for it.

2018-03-28 15:34:19

I would definitely like to be a booby tester for this program. Who knows, maybe if I could run it through wine we may see a good solution for mac users.

2018-03-28 16:13:39

The typing tutor is definitely up there on the website.  There are 3 web pages, which are the home page, the games page and the VI friendly software page.  The games downloads are on the games page and the typing tutor and diary and password manager etc are on the software page, hope that helps.

2018-03-28 16:37:15

Hi,
This is a nice program.
I have noticed, when using NVDA, that occasionally after doing a few combinations, I have to press spacebar twice to continue the exercise. I am wondering what is happening ther. It's in the home keys exercise after every three combinations or so, or after the repeats. It's a bit hard to explain.

2018-03-28 18:57:17

Hello.

wow! I'm very impressed with this program.

I learnt to touchtype using a program called touch type in school. It uses similar excersizes to that program, this doesn't make it bad at all in fact it's great!

I've not been this excited over a free program in a long time. Well done!

Now to the things i'd like to see.

A speech clip of eatch woman when you go to the settings would be great, so that you can hear what they sound like instead of having to go to the excersizes.

I think, l to jump to load  typing exersizes might be a good idea. Perhaps have the shortcuts as a toggle you can turn on and off in the programs settings so that new users to typing wouldn't get confused.

I'm really impressed with this program and even though I don't really need it, i'd gladly pay for it.

The track i'm listening to, the first one you hear when in the menus is amazing and i think if you added that to your next game, it would be awesome!

Being able to walk around a village and do things to upgrade it and have people go on quests for you to by things to upgrade the village then have harder quests would be awesome.

I can't get over how pleased I am with this program. I would have loved this as a young kid, I do now but younger me would have been using this for hours.

Thanks for making this program, those who find it hard to type will hopefully find it a little easier now.

I'm gone for real :)

2018-03-28 20:43:31

Thanks Brad for the positives, and great ideas too.  It sometimes feels like I'm beavering away in the dark as I mostly get so little feedback.  My website has now had 9000 downloads but for all I know there might be just a dozen people out there actually enjoying them.  Telling me its worthy of your time and money, is worth heaps.  Let me buy you a beer!

2018-03-28 20:51:37

Aaron, if the pausing for 2 spaces had just happened once or twice, then I would be hunting down an extra space in the text of the exercises.  Clearly that's not the issue.  Perhaps, and I'm only guessing here, you are a quick typist already, and might be getting ahead of the program.  try turning the general speed setting to max fast and see what happens.  Perhaps also try the advanced word exercises and see if the same happens, there's no letter spelling on those.  Hmn, as I type this I remember the key capture for the space bar should still work ahead of the letter by letter feedback anyhow, so I'll have to go and think a bit.  Let me know if you get any more clues on this, cheers.

2018-04-08 19:13:36

The bug requiring space bar to be pressed twice has been tracked down, for both NVDA and other screen readers.  So has the bug where Sapi does not echo the semi colon.  Anyone else spotting bugs please email or PM me, cheers.

2018-04-10 19:03:13

version 2 of the typing tutor trial up for testing on www.rockywaters.co.uk Please help me squash this project and I can get back to coding up my Dragon Village game.  Cheers.

2018-04-11 08:26:50

More difficult to give good feedback if you can already touchtype well like most people here...