2006-01-27 15:44:16

Tank Commander:
You were complaining nothing had been released, now you're complaining that what has been released wasn't ready for release?

Some people will never be satisfied.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-01-27 16:03:02

Hello!

That was nice. a demo of monty.:d
I don't know your openion, but I'm somewhat displeased with the game layout.
We got a trailer that I thought sounded good. but the game itself is not as good as the trailer is.

As for ropes, I got past them by gowing to the top, and then climb donw again.
Then however, I got problem with rolling sculls and some tigers instead.

Have anyone found a sword/whip?

/kristoffer

2006-01-27 16:56:27

The demo seems to work fine for me. James says clearly that not all options in the full game will be in the demo. Remember also that he was under intense pressure to get the demo out. Not surprising that it's a bit rough around the edges. A lot of exploration is needed and not everything is intuitive if you haven't played this kind of game before. For instance, you don't get off ropes at the very top. Usually, you can jump off. It probably also matters where the rope swings at the point when you jump. I've managed to uncover a secret area and find a torch. Things are mostly used automatically. I haven't found a sword or wip yet. I found two keys and a potion. I also got gold coins and gems.

2006-01-27 17:56:39

You can't get off the rope at the very top? Does it work if you get to the top and then alternately climb a step down and try to jump?

In the final version I think it should always be possible to let go of a rope, even at the top. The consequences might of course be fatal if there's nothing to jump over to, but that's life. ;-)

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2006-01-27 18:04:43

well, i just stuck around on a rope. It is near the tigger. There are a rope, where you cant jump down.
However, you can hear a gem sound from the left, a rope sound from the right, and i dont know how the heck can i jump to this another rope.
I also found another rope, which leads to that situtaion, but you can hear the rope sound from the left, so i think it is that rope, which i was on at first.
But you cant jump down from this rope as well.
The game sounds good though, this is just my first feelings about it in a nudshell.

Regards

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-01-27 18:38:35

I know, i am having the rope problem. The first rope you go up and you can hear a gem but there is no way to jump and get it, and the second rope, there is the first rope to the left, but you get stuck, I think you're supposed to jump, but you can't. All you can do is go down.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-01-27 18:50:15

yeah, go down, and die by the tigger's claws. Oh, i wish i could wield a morning star smile
regards:

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-01-27 19:25:16

There's an interesting property to the review command, probably included for debugging purposes and then accidentally left in the demo. When you hold down the shift key you can move a sort of virtual cursor around. It's supposed to only tell you what's directly surrounding you, but you can move it all around the place, even through walls, and it will describe objects as you go.

I used this to find out the gem we're after is hanging in mid-air, aparently suspended by nothing, which is normal in jump-'n-run maps. I guess the trick would be to jump at it from the rope, if it worked.

But this is no criticism, just discussion. I quite like the game, at least what I've seen of it.

Greetings,
EternalGamer

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2006-01-28 00:59:55

Hi, there is a way to jump from rope to rope.   First of al make sure you are not at the very top fo the rop (where you hi the ceiling) and the press the direction you want to turn in (numpad4 or 6) and while that is held down jump.  YOu can continue to hit that direction to jump farther like normal.  I got up to the beginning of the second level - it's harder because there's no real way to increase your health at the moment.  I like the game a lot though.

James

2006-01-28 05:22:47

Where would you find the blue key?

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-01-28 06:34:49

I think it's right to the left off the second warp - when you get off you should hear the key sound.

James

2006-01-28 12:37:37

Has anyone of you found out how to get the gem to the left of the first rope?

Thanks for the clues about jumping!

Greetings,
EternalGamer

2006-01-28 16:09:44

cx2:
you know what i'm happy about? at least they can now understand why we were saying, "shut your mouths", if not, at least their mouths will be shut, a little. let's selebrate this! party smily

2006-01-28 17:54:33

lol

Then again I usually use the word party as a euphamism wink

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-01-28 20:00:42

Wow, this game is pretty cool, but the menu don't work that well. It doesn't say what menu option you're on. I have no clue where to go either.

2006-01-28 23:08:59

For me the menu works the first time, but after the game is over it just goes "bing" on me and won't read the menu options. After restarting the game everything's fine again.

Your problem reading the menu options might result from your screen reader still running. It interferes with many game engines' handling of the arrow keys.

2006-01-28 23:10:51

Yeah it does the ding thing for me too. after the game is over.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-01-29 01:34:13

I just don't think my mom's computer is right for this game. It's more than seven years old and it's probably not the fastest ever. I've noticed that Monkey Business freezes up quite often on this machine, and when I tried it on my own computer 9that's back when it was still functioning), it worked fine. I rarely if ever had problems with it. Then again the sound card had much more memory so perhaps that might also have helped. I just know that on this machine I'm using now I click on the Sound Descriptions option and it's like it exits the program. Then when I load the actual game nothing works except Alt+F4. I'd be willing to bet this machine's as much to blame for the problems I have as any bugs in the program. I wouldn't be surprised if, were my own computer operational and I tried Monty in it, it would probably work better. I can say this much, the music's cool, as are the SFX I've been able to hear. I actually had to load Winamp and listen to the sounds that way.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-01-29 03:21:29

You've had no trouble running other games on that computer?  If so I'm very impressed - those developers know their stuf.

James

2006-01-29 10:52:59

The ding-ding thing is an error, and it just displays a message box, that it cannot play the sound.
Hope that it'll be fixed.
HTH,
Robjoy

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-01-29 13:27:08

Might be the same program objects are used for in-game sounds and for menu sounds. If so, they can easily fix it. It's just a bug, not a design flaw or something.

2006-01-30 12:32:10

Nope, other than MB and Monty I've had no problems running games on this machine. I think this machine's just getting old and nobody bothered to update it with better software and hardware. Granted I hear Microsoft doesn't support the old Win98 or even Win98 Second Edition anymore, and the last time I tried installing XP on one of these machines it messed everything up. From what my dad said I'd be better off just buying a new machine since I'd have to totally rebuild this machine in order for XP to run properly. It's a Gateway, which I've found to be an all around reliable machine, but still...

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!