2018-03-02 19:08:03 (edited by nolly 2018-03-03 23:12:30)

I just did more testing with using vibration as a sensory method and found it's probably your best tool for accuracy when ryhthym and reaction time for the lower tier cuts. Since the tone and vibration are slower and longer coinciding with the speed of the spin, it's just a matter of timing the cut just about when the vibration ends.   So essentuallly the tone and vibration are basically there to let you know that you should be ready to cut after the tone and vibration. I also find it easier to react to touch than sound. This is probably because touch seemss almost instant for me to register, and sound as fast as it is takes me more time to register.

**Edit**
Okay, I am 100% sure that you will get best results with the split tap gesture while using both the tone and vibration to time a lower tier cut. I got my highest cut today without counting and without anything but pure reaction to sound and touch. Just use the start of the vibration as the signal that you should be ready to cut very soon and you should be cutting gems in the 90's. However, you should probably continue to use the double tap gesture for higher speed cuts on higher tier gems because for some reason it just seems to time up perfectly with it, much more than the split tap.

2018-03-08 00:34:21

is their a campfire for us?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2018-03-08 01:33:16

Spoilerish.

Has anyone managed to find the reeth map? I haven't...

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2018-03-08 02:22:02

A lot of people have joined campfire ID GB8eXw

As far as the reef map goes, I hear you can catch some pretty good things in the ocean.

2018-03-08 08:59:58

Hi.
I don't get how to upgrade an item using the Lore items. Nothing happens when I click on an item in my inventory.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-03-09 00:44:00

You can only upgrade Legendary items. You will need a Tier 3 lore page and a consumeable regular item. The item has to be of a certain level, I believe equal or greater than your legendary item's current level.

To upgrade a Legendary item go to item, locate the Legendary item and click "upgrade". This will open a new window which will show you which items you own that can be consumed to upgrade the item. You can also preview what your Legendary item will be stat wise by clicking preview.

2018-03-09 09:51:49

Thanks Nolly. It makes great sense. I have given up looking for the legendary items. I spend three days looking for the scoud amulet, and I know I did exactly the right quest. I was just unlocky, so that was a waist of time. smile Therefore, I have considered to find those items by luck, or wait until I have completed both chapters, and then start looking at it.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2018-03-11 23:45:13

I have a miner bug to report.
I got to chapter one however the first time I tried to go back to the prologue area, the game crashed, literally I'd got to the terak grasslands, double tapped on it and pong!
The second time I tried after doing the desert strength quest another time (I wanted to go back and train because my dex and int aren't high enough at the second), the travel worked okay but I thought I should mention it.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-03-12 11:53:22

Well this is craaazy! I went back to chapter one to do some grinding and also pickup some companions and real estate to make my life easier and bing! there I suddenly find the legendary item I'd got three out of five journal entries for (I was trying to find enough lore items to get the other two).

Of course this is very cool indeed, however annoyingly I only have three out of five journal entries for the item and I'd like to know it's history, but will have to spend lore items on unlocking the last two journal entries.

Any chance of fixing it so that if you find a legendary item you get it's history? Either that or make unlocking the journal  give some sort of other benefit once you have the item.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-03-13 08:59:14

You can find the legendary items without unlocking the rumors. You just have to be at the right place, and be extremely lucky. smile

Best regards SLJ.

2018-03-13 10:04:08

Yep Slj, I noticed that, but it's much more interesting to find a legendary item with a history, after all it's the writing and background that makes Land of Livia unique as a game rather than just a simple tapngrind.

right now I'm still in chapter one trying to raise myb int and dex levels, as well as buy all the companions and real estate since they always come in handy.

2018-03-14 08:49:31

Yep, I agree.

Best regards SLJ.

2018-03-14 22:33:03 (edited by blindncool 2018-03-14 22:34:15)

RTT entertainment wrote:

Farhaven? where did that come from? A heros call, maybe?

Could Farhaven be an MTG reference? I think Farhaven is one of the planes in MTG, and there's also a card called Farhaven Elf.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2018-03-15 07:17:22

does anybody know if legendary items are chapter spisific?  I am looking for the legendary boots, witch I learned about in the prologue, but I can't find the location the clues seem to describe.

Want to order food, but can't get out? Try this .
https://postmat.es/Tw5eUTrBn4

2018-03-15 09:40:01

Yes, the legendary items are chapter based,and the boots are indeed in Prelude.
Spoiler...
You will find the items location in journal number 4, when looking at the legendary item in your journal.

Best regards SLJ.

2018-03-15 13:12:15

Hi all, I first want to say how very helpful and nice you all are here, and at the campfire, very welcoming. smile

Here's my situation and where I need advice from some of you higher level players.
I have yet to get the hired hand companion so I'm maxing out my inventory big time, I've sadly already sold off all the dex items I got in favor of an enchanted piece, and some other higher strength+luck/lore items.
So here's my current dilemma, I have a pair of level 5 boots one with 12 strength, and 3 luck, and the same level 5 boots with 10 strength and 4 luck. I'm tending to keep the one with 4 luck as that's harder to find, seems to me. Which boots do y'all say I should sell? Also be aware I haven't set to work on any of my gems as I just came off an operation and my hands still aren't quite steady.

I'm continueing to run the first jungle quest for gold so I can get that hired hand companion, but its kinda slow going, and I'm continually having to sell the lesser items to make more room or I'm blocked from attempting a quest.

If there's a better quest I can get with the eq I have let me know, basically I have two good sets of strength and intel both with a smattering of luck and lore stats on them in various amounts.

Again, any help would be very much appreciated! Too bad we couldn't sell these pieces to the folks around the campfire. Perhaps at a slightly better price, its all about supply and demand. lol

Quint

2018-03-15 17:59:13 (edited by nolly 2018-03-15 18:07:47)

It would depend on what your current strength is and what your success chance is for the strength quests you are trying to complete. If you are in the 70% range I would keep the higher strength item. If you are in the 80's or 90's and higher, keep the higher luck item.

Luck does slow down the rate in which the gem cutting rotations occur, but the tier 1 gems are already fairly slow to begin with, so while it does slow down with luck gear it's not a huge advantage early on.  to worry about 1 luck.

If you are worried about doing your first gem cut ever, try to get a sighted person to sit with you with screen curtain off to tell you approximately when you should cut. What I mean by this is get them to say "cut" when they visually see when you should cut and not when the tone tells you to cut. This will help you understand how long the delay is as well as how the delay may change from cut to cut. It may take some time and gold, but you will eventually get good at it. If gold is an issue the Golden sands quest in Smuggler's Cove is the best gold per minute quest until you can get the river strength quest  down to 5 minutes.

2018-03-15 23:06:53 (edited by MikeFont 2018-03-16 09:27:19)

Thanks Nolly for the words of experience, once I am feeling better I will have someone help with my first gem. Great idea too!
I am not seeing this golden sands quest in the Smuggler’s cove. I must have missed a roomer somewhere, any hint where I went wrong would be appreciated ☺️
So it seems smarter at this stage to sell luck items over lore pieces
Thanks again

2018-03-18 00:58:30

The Golden sands quests opens after the Battered Knife becomes an
option to unlock

2018-03-20 17:45:25

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
I have unlocked the journal entries about the ring of success, and they pointed me to the battered knife. I have been doing both quests there, about 10 times each, wearing 85 lore that gives me +3.5% legendary item chance, and have not yet gotten the legendary item. Is this the correct place to be looking? I managed to get Lagar's boots by questing in the right place completely by accident, so I think this is the same.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2018-03-20 18:41:11

Why would someone hide a ring in a club? What's also strange is the other entries don't mention  the battered knife in any way.

2018-03-21 02:40:43

Actually one other journal entry gives a vague impression that it could be the battered knife, as it mentions the area surrounding the mountain retreat.

**Spoiler**

You've been warned

Most often either the name of the quest, name of the area or even part of the name of the legendary item will appear where you should be searching. Either way I hear that there is an area that sure has been "successful" lately.

2018-03-21 03:33:31

Nolly, it's for retired workers only. Now, the description of the battered knife says workers come here to blow off steam. It doesn't mention retirement, so my rule is if it doesn't mention something the clue did it's probably wrong

2018-03-21 20:12:10

True but my point is that there are quite a few people who are reading that entry and assuming the Battered Knife is the location as it doesn't directly say it isn't, and to voice over users it is a location assumed to be in the surrounding area of the Mountain retreat.There are also some legendary entries for other items that don't have a name in the clue and are correct, and others that have the name in them but are incorrect.   The entries are intentionally filled with mix direction and riddles and what you may find obvious may not be clear to others. In fact I know they aren't because it is the one Legendary item that is most often asked about in our campfire.

2018-03-22 06:47:41

It is also important to note that I've been asked quite often about a misconception going around in the campfires that it is best to wait until you are done with a chapter before collecting your legendary items. While this will ensure that the legendary item will be of a higher level, you lose out on the very valuable boost of the stat bonus the item provides while trying to quest and level up during a particular chapter. Also, if you have the lore page available, an item to consume that upgrades a legendary items stats which also fits both of the legendary items bonuses, you should consider upgrading immediately since it is unwise to wait until you have an enchanted item to upgrade.  In short you should always upgrade whenever possible to ensure yourself the highest percentage going into a higher level quest.   Waiting until the end will result in a lower stat line causing you to potentially fail a quest which would be easier if you upgraded your legendary items on a regular basis.