2018-03-07 04:40:12

Hi. This is not a choice that I or anyone else can make for you. This is all up to you. But I will say this: life is full of choices and in a situation like this we can't tell you what is right or what is rong, because what is right for me won't necessarily be the right choice for you, because the choice you make hear is a choice about faith and about trust in a being higher than me or you, weather it be Allah or Jesus.

Remember, you have a lifetime to make this choice. Its not something that has to happen now, today. Its not like a job oppertunaty that has to be accepted now, so take your time, do research if you must, but in the end its you, and only you who has to be satisfied with your choice.

Ask, and you will receive.
Seek, and you will find.
Knock, And the door will be opened for you
Mat. 7:7

2018-03-07 06:05:30

Just curious, why not take the parts from each that resonate with you? Why does it have to be one or the other, and to be honest, most religions are too institutionalized and rigid. They don't allow for the individual's path and relationship towards whatever higher power is being sought.

Like everyone else said, it's a personal choice, and nobody should force or guilt you into one or the other since that would infringe upon the free-will God, the Goddess, or the flying spaghetti monster supposedly gave us all.

thanks,
Michael

2018-03-07 08:17:24 (edited by SirBadger 2018-03-07 08:20:50)

I've kept out of this because I can feel a flame war coming any time soon. but:
my personal opinion here if you are serious and just not trying to cause controversy is that you need to embrace god, or what ever version of that you choose by yourself.

no book, or teachings can tell you the way to go.

I personally am a lapsed high roman catholic but I only go to church these days for weddings and funerals.

I've taken parts from what I I was brought up with and bits from other teachings and I live by a moral code I believe to be rite for me and everybody around me.

basically boils down to, help people where you can, and people will hopefully act the same way. you can worship your own version of god in what ever form it is without having to follow teachings written 2000 years ago and translated over and over again to fit the rulers of the time.
also, I would suggest the title of this topic is almost set to start arguments. although I am rather pleased to note so far, there haven't been any.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-03-07 08:37:06

pauliyobo as has been said by many people in this topic the Islamic state are only one group of muslims and do not represent Islam anymore than the Nazis or the Spanish inquisition represented Christianity, so might I suggest we stop throwing accusations around.

other than that as far as braille0109 and Ethin's arguements go, again this is a fundamental category mistake between those with a religious belief and those without one, since religious experience is not analogous to any other sort of experience.

it's like trying to pin down the love I have for my wife, something which is real and extant to me and defies rational explanation, I cannot say "why!" I love my wife, I just do, it is there, immutable, end of story.

The same is true of religious experience and the act of meditation or prayer or whatever other practice one chooses.

A good friend of mine who is an atheist (though not a militant one), put it rather well, he said that whenever I tried to discuss religious experiences with him it was like a computer program trying to read the wrong sort of file, he just didn't have the equipment to understand the nature of that experience, ---- which is of course fair enoughh.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-03-07 12:31:03 (edited by LordLundin 2018-03-07 12:34:10)

Getting into this discussion is pointless for me, others have spoken their minds perfectly on this, particularly Ironcross, and it looks like we actually share "religious" beliefs if you can call it that. I'm not spiritual or believe in ghosts, but I have a sorta connection with the universe, putting mother nature and life above everything else. I don't worship or follow any scriptures, I don't go to religious gatherings but I do let my fundamental beliefs shine through when talking sometimes. My belief goes hand in hand with science, or as we know it, as Ethin put it "the magic of nature" (good album by the way).
For me a choice between christianity or islam seems like a very narrow one, seeing as they both are part of the abrahamic root. And why do you have to make a choice at all? If you believe in this single entity, do you really think it matters if you follow one book or the other? I say live life good, do good to others, and if you feel you need to worship a higher being, feel free to do so. Putting a title on your beliefs only strains what you *actually* believe in because you're having someone else tell it for you. If I was god, that would offend me more than you not picking a side at all.

Edit:
Especially for those that claim to have a personal connection with god; wonderful, so let that be your religion and your guidance in life. It's not that hard to set up a mini-altar in your home if you feel you need to bow before a piece of block. (I'm actually thinking of doing this for esthetic purposes but there's that issue of space)

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2018-03-07 13:09:13

I don't believe in anything but the things I can prove or which can be proven by scientists for example.
It's not that I judge anyones person on if he or she believes in a god or not, but what I can't stand is if they try to shove their religion down your throat, even though you don't give a damb about it.
My opinion on this loving god of yours, well, this answers it quite clearly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnXmkF689TM

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-03-07 13:50:56

I'm not entirely trusting of science either, because what we know to be true today could change tomorrow. For example the image of the atom has been rewritten a lot of times and the current model is the one that fits the most number of tested and proven theories. So it's important to question everything and not take anything for granted if you're going to stand on the science ground.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2018-03-07 14:17:40

Hi.
Well, even though there are changes happening every so often and theories have to be rethought, science is still something where when you look hard enough, you can get prove of events, like the big bang, creation of different life forms on earth throughout the lasst billion or so years.
With religion, it's just a heap of could have beens and might have beens, thrown together with something unexplainable.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-03-07 14:19:26

post 31, thumbs up to you! post 21 asked us, how the universe was created, and how we  were created. since there may be younger ones on here, I won't go in the process of how children are created, but that's basically the answer. that still leaves half of the things unanswered, but I know how I was born. as many of us have said, if you don't know what path is right for you, maybe it's best to not take one yet, and do some more research. then when you're ready, you can join a specific religion.

2018-03-07 16:59:29

at post 20
if any religion is good and true for you, why can't you choose one your self?

Paul

2018-03-07 19:43:52

hi,
Came here to discuss the terrorists  daesh, which absolutely have nothing to do with islam. Paul, you claim they are muslim because they claim to be so. That is utterly false, you don't become something by claiming to be one. You become something by embodying it's ideals. Daesh are are a band of murderers, and kafirs in islam, is it is stated in the Quran that,
[4:93] And whoever kills a believer intentionally, his punishment is hell; he shall abide in it, and Allah will send His wrath on him and curse him and prepare for him a painful chastisement.
[5:32] For this reason did We prescribe to the children of Israel that whoever slays a soul, unless it be for manslaughter or for mischief in the land, it is as though he slew all men; and whoever keeps it alive, it is as though he kept alive all men; and certainly Our messengers came to them with clear arguments, but even after that many of them certainly act extravagantly in the land.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2018-03-08 12:21:37

Lol Enes, when I told Mrs. Dark about your reaction she was very sympathetic, since she gets similarly annoyed about what she refers to as "so called Christians" who do horrible things in the name of christianity.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-03-09 01:34:05 (edited by Cocoa 2018-03-09 17:28:17)

Assalamu alaikum, peace be upon you
Brother this is a seeking question and I hope God will reward you for it. Listen to me brother and I hope that my comment is not hurting anyone's thoughts or feelings.
So I am going to bring up my thoughts right here.
And you shouldn't follow just what you were born into. In quran it says: And when it is said unto them: Follow that which Allah hath revealed, they  say: We follow that wherein we found our fathers. What! Even though their fathers  were wholly unintelligent  and had no guidance ?
The trinity.
If I ask a christian, maybe it would go this way,
is Jesus a god? no he is not.
Then who is. the holy spirit. then is the holy spirit Jesus? yes. they are in one. so it means Jesus is a god or not. full of confusions.
and why would the trinity create two after him, looks like hinduism with tons of gods to follow. and if jesus is a god then why Merry born him, did he create himself out of her, what was the exact issue.
What annoys me is Jesus died for my sins. so it means, all those jews who killed him are stronger than him. if he was a god he didn't have to show himself and be killed. he would rather stop them, he himself in the bible said, I do nothing of myself.
another verse in the bible says, father is greater than I.
When people called him,the good, he responded do not call me good, no one is good but god.
I am stating of bible. not from my head. so he diferentiates himself from god.
Let's take a look at chapter of mathew, starting from verse 38 until 40 chapter 12.
Show us of your signs.
in 39 he responds, for as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the huge fish, so shall the son of man be three nights and three days in the heart of the earth.
So, Jesus, peace and blessings be upon him, compares himself with Jonah who was alive in the fish. So it means Jesus wasn't dead in the grave, he must have been alive too.
Crucifixion for me seems cruci fiction. Please do not get me wrong. I love Jesus peace be upon him and I am honored to follow his teaching, I am a Muslim and I am more christian than the christians themselves because I follow what Muhammad corrects about christianity and bible.
Muhammad peace be upon him was not the founder of Islam, he was the last one to report the message of peace. All profits like Jesus, are Muslims according to Quran, because, the word Muslim in itself means, the person who submits his will and mission to Almighty God the glorified.
So if bible has more than one copy, Quran does not. Quran has been this way since 1400 years now and it has not been changed nor rewritten. So Quran is the last revolution, and the correction of bible itself.
And the writers of the bible are different, which proves that Jesus did not write it and I will come to it in a few.
Islam comes from the word silm, which is also salam, it means peace. so Islam did not start 1400 years ago, because all profits are reaching us the message of silm, peace, islam, salam. So Islam has started since the beginning of the universe, since the first footstep mankind took on the earth.
I have a question. Who was ruling the universe when Jesus died? And if he died for all our sins, so the Jews who killed us must have gone to heaven.
IN quran,  4, Al nisa, 157, says Allah.
And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary,  Allah's messenger - they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto  them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no  knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain.
And why the traitor is changing in the bible? The one who led the romans to the christ, and also the time of supper.
Did that happen after one day, as Luke explains in bible?
Or after Christ gave him the bread, so during it? Like John says in bible?
and I quote this, when I was in my islamic knowledge studies. Was Christ the one who carried his cross, as John says, as was customary with one who was going to be crucified, according to Nottingham, or was it Simon of Cyrene, as the other three Gospels state?
and they both say that there were 2 crucified theives around his left and right. So what was their attitude, the attitude of those theives and christ.
At what hour did this crucifixion take place – was it in the third hour, as Mark says, or in 6 hours as John
And what happen after it? So confusing.
Sometime Mathew says the earth shook and rocks crumbled, and many of the saints rose from their graves and entered the holy city.
and luke has another point of view, where the the sun turned dark.
IN quran, Allah says:
in Alnisa, verse 82
Will they not, then, try to understand this Qur’an? Had it issued from any but God, they would surely have found in it many an inner contradiction!
And another contradictory confusion statement is Jesus's essays in Bible. Peace be upon Jesus, I do not witness his saying, he is stronger than what a normal man would write.
Mark says:
“I am with you for only a short time, and then I go to the one who sent me. You will look for me, but you will not find me, and where I am, you cannot come.”
John says:
“Once more Jesus said to them, ‘I am going away, and you will look for me, and you will die in your sin. Where I go, you cannot come.’
and then so, ‘You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.
I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins.’
So what did Jesus kill himself?
Yeah, sometimes  I can not memorize all the bible, but I have these important things. and please do not misunderstand me, I have nothing against people who believe in Christianity or anything, you wanted my view, and here it is.
And I am sorry again for any annoynments. I hope you are all safe. And this was nothing but a simple point of view, not an argument or insulting or anything, I am sure a lot of people will give you their views, so I am stating mine

2018-03-13 00:51:21

Hi and greetings, perhaps it should be understood that Christianity is not the religion of Christ and the apostles and disciples, as they were Hebrews; not until Paul went into the land of Antioc, preaching the Gospels of Christ did these gentiles believe in him and Eloheem Yahuah, which is true Hebrew for God;  christ did not have a religion and there is no religion of God, religion was created by the Catholics and others in order to separate the people of God.   There is no such thing as the holy Trinity, as this was created by the Catholics and for the Catholic people,  these people also took out many books of the Bible that reveal much of the Gentile Waze and how they were against the Christ.   The very root of Islam comes from Hebrew tradition and culture, such as not eating pork, shrimp, lobster another shellfish, and praying to the east, and women wearing head covering outside of the home.   One must understand that Mohammed was born 70 years after the Christ and lived amongst Hebrews, Mohammed was a a literate good looking man with great intelligence, however, most of the teachings or Hebrew based.  The original Hebrew scripture is very specific about paganism and force traditions, such as Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving, which the majority of Christianity celebrate today.   The Christ was not born on December 25, this is a Roman day devoted to the goddess Mithra, which is a goddess of fertility; the Christ was born in the  Spring time, scripture tells us that the shepherd was out tending to his flock during his birth; scripture also tells us that the Christ was born during the time of the death angel in Egypt.   This post is meant to share blessings and love to anyone who is reading it; however, king Constantine is also a king who spread false images of the Christ, the image of Christ that most of the world sees today is king Constantines nephew Cesar Boshier and has nothing to do with the true burnt copper-tone Christ, by the way, as Christ is Hebrew, his true name is Yahuashah, you will notice how far off it is from Jesus; Yahuashah said “I came in the name of my father) his fathers name is +Yah, Yahuah, notice the (Yah); Eloheem Yahuah said ( you can find me in the names of my people) there are no letter (J) in hebrew, Peace,  please look up this information for yourself and you will surely be pleased, just don’t believe me, and God bless you. Period.  + sorry if Siri did not dictate everything correctly

2018-03-13 06:49:48

It is not the Hebrew influence that affected Islam, nor the culture. We Muslims believe that all the profits who had the same message to give were true and believed by the Muslims, whether Adam, Abraham, Yunus, Moses, Jesus and profit Muhammad peace be upon them all.
So if Islam took some things from hebrew, it is nothing bad. It is the correction of religion, because as God sent the profits and we believe in them, so their religions must be true too, it is just about the period of time. And about the strong religion that makes a strong communication with God, the issue here is according to Islam all those religions have been killed over the time, with the lies of unknown preachers. According to Islam bible was not written by Jesus, not even by his students, because Mathew, Luke, or John, were ways ways away from Jesus. They were not alive at his time. And each of their gospel has another point of view. Wheras Quran is only one and has never been misrepresentated or changed since the time it was revealed.
So, judaism and christianity are not wrong religions, they were true at their times, but quickly it changed. We believe that Jesus is superior than profit Muhammad and that God brought him to the sky to safe him.
As mentioned in Bible, chapter of mark. “I am with you for only a short time, and then I go to the one who sent me. You will look for me, but you will not find me, and where I am, you cannot come.”
So it means God, must have saved him from the Jews. And he wasn't crucified and they searched for him but couldn't find him. All these religions have been changed over time into a new looking, except Islam. The torah, the Bible, are just untruthful nowadays. We believe that there was a true bible, but it died in the previous existance of Jesus on the earth, and then people started to misrepresentate it. That is why the princibles of believing in Islam is to believe in Allah's books, Quran, Injeel and Torah. the Injeel was supposed to be the true bible and not the bible which christians have now. Even the jews misrepresentated their religion and changed it, and became more enemy to Muslims, and a lot of them denied the miracles of their profit, so we believe in those old tstiments which sadly we can't find now, and the only last revolution and true one is Quran
Yes, bible really might have some, just some of Jesus's sayings, and we are not against it, we are just against the contradictions that the Bible state, and there are too many of them.

2018-03-13 15:55:11 (edited by Cocoa 2018-03-13 15:56:29)

and it truely means the religion of christ according to christians nowadays. It comes from the greek word Cristos, which means something like crucified. They believe Jesus peace be upon him was crucified, and now they practice religious rituals in churches, with the christ. now I want to ask something, if Jesus was hung with an electrical chair would you also wear an electrical chair and hang yourself as the rituals you do with the christ? What is more, the writers of the bible couldn't sound philosophical as they wanted, that is why there are a lot of contradictions. God has sent a book for each period, true Judaism was trueful in its time, and it died, so did christianity? And now we believe that the last revolution is the Quran, which hasn't been misrepresentated.

2018-03-14 19:35:23

@ThirdEyeAccess and @Cocoa: Let me ask you this, does it really matter witch religion is right? I mean in the end its you and you alone who must be able to live with and decide what you want to believe in. We can beat this horse untill it is dead and gon, but the fact remains that the world has more than one religion/belief system and the way I see it all of them represent the same God. Let's consider this for a moment, if Allah and God were not one and the same, why then is it that Adam, Abraham, Moses and Jesus are mentioned in both the Bible and the quran?

Ask, and you will receive.
Seek, and you will find.
Knock, And the door will be opened for you
Mat. 7:7

2018-03-15 16:58:16

If everyone commented, including Atheists, so why can't me as  a Muslim comment too? Or the Islamic beliefs should be banned everywhere in the world.
The Quran is the last revolution or testiment. Yeah we believe that the bible has been sent to Jesus but called Injeel in Arabic. But people over history made christianity different, they misrepresentated the book, they caught only a few words of what God said according to them, and then when they couldn't find more words, they made up their own ones.

2018-03-15 21:32:25

@43 that statement proves that you're not willing to discuss matters logically, that you are only willing to see things your own way, and that you don't have an open mind to new ideas. That's fine, you live your life as you see fit, but then, allow others to do the same. No one is denying you the chance to speak your point of view, yet you imply that is what is happening.

I do feel this topic has outlived its usefulness though, the questions have been answered, and the OP will do with the advice as they will.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-03-16 01:26:05

Yeah lol you are trying to trick me by pretending that I am not discussing logically, while in the first place everyone goes bashing me if I spoke something of Islam. it is like people dont want to hear of Islam, they want to hear only of what they believe.

2018-03-16 02:04:17

Greetings all.

I was born into the Islamic faith and I also grew up with Christian influences. I cannot honestly say I'm against either religion. I was however, dissatisfied with all that I was taught and created my own belief system to try to explain the various contradictions and incongruities when trying to compare various faiths. I did in 2010, somewhat embrace Christianity but it didn't last too long. Not until last April did I truly find the path I'm going to follow forever and that is the religion of absolute pacifism. Yes the messiah is indeed here again and I believe the testament of truth holds within its many pages the word of Jehovah Allah God. If however you want a more Christian outlook then my beloved Victoria who is a Jehovah's witness recommends http://www.jw.org/ and I must say that jw go out of their way o make their site accessible to all as well as making their message comprehensible to all of all ages, backgrounds and in most if not all languages. I on the other hand, subscribe to http://www.the-testament-of-truth.co.uk/ as written by Terence Malaher. If you want a comprehensive Islamic outlook, I recommend http://www.allah.com/.

So what sets the testament of truth apart? I've never seen its like before and it puts the pacifist lifestyle into perspective. What ever you do will be done unto you so go your way in peace and be kind, compassionate, merciful, forgiving and loving to all and suffer any karmic due in non retaliation so that you can be set free. The more bad you do, the more bad returns to you and the bad feelings within you grow stronger until such time that you lose control and you no longer have the choice to be the light in action, good. The more good you do, the more good returns to you and God draws out all the bad feelings from within you until such time that you no longer feel them within you. Once free of negativity through non retaliation, you are free to be the light in action, good. This explanation is a simplified version of what is written therein and it also explains about telepathic subjugation of the mind and emotions via dark forces from below. if you want to know more, go to http://www.the-testament-of-truth.co.uk/ and reprogram your consciousnesses with truth from today. If you choose not to so do then that is fine but ask yourself then, why do the 3 religions Judaism, Christianity and Islam promote peace unless certain conditions are breached? Why are there exceptions to the path of peace? Why is war and violence permitted under certain conditions? Why is punishment permitted especially when it comes to the bringing up and discipline of children? In the testament of truth, Terence states that only God can punish, nobody else because only God is above his karmic law of what goes around comes around. If we punish, we are then punished in turn until such time that the punishment becomes never ending. Absolute pacifism, education and love are the only way in order for us all to obtain freedom from suffering.

Kind regards, Amin Abdullah.

2018-03-16 03:34:38

@45 trying to trick you, now you just sound fanatical. I am not here to judge you for your beliefs, you are free to believe in God, Allah, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster for all I care. I don't judge people based on their religion, but based off their actions, and yes, if their actions are bad, or show bad intent, but they do it in the name of their god, I do judge them for that, I do hold it against them for that. If you are evil, violent, whatever, I don't care if you're Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Juish, whatever.

Evil is evil, even if done in the name of a deity. Just as good is always good, even if done in no one's name but their own. I'll be straight up honest with you, I used to be that way, if I would hear a middle eastern sounding name, or hear anything about Islam, a torrent of hate and rage would grip me, I would be repulsed. I have learned better though, and I don't know why I used to be that way, because my family never were. The only theory I have is that it was a poor way of handling 9/11. When that day happened, I was in 9th grade, I sat and watched as my home land came under attack. I was numb, I didn't know why or what to do about the feelings I was having, so I turned it all inside of me, and every time I would hear a name that sounded Arabic or remotely middle eastern, it would dredge up those feelings. It took me 10 or so years to realize that was the wrong way to be, and longer still to reverse the damage, to be able to over time reduce those impulses I would get when thinking about things. It took me time to reverse programming I had laid deep inside my own mind and disassociate Islam with terrorism. Now I know that the Muslim faith is not synonymous with terrorism, even though there are twisted and evil Muslims, same can be said about other religions as well. So I've stopped throwing people into large buckets.

So now I look at people hopefully more as they are and not based on their belief. Yes, I will admit that I am not religious. I will go further to say that I think organized religion is a big problem, as I've seen it bread hate and ignorance, and extremism. These are my tenants though, not yours. I used to be worse about this as well. I used to dismiss someone if they didn't think the way I did, or believe in what I did. I used to scoff at people who believed in god, because to me, there is no god. I used to be closed-minded, but I changed. I'm still not perfect though, I still have social issues I would say. I still don't tolerate bullshit off people, I"m 32, and I feel like I've only just begun on a journey to bettering myself, socially and in other ways.

I've really tried to express myself and my emotions lately. I was never very good at that, I would turn everything inside, and never show or never let on what I was feeling. I wouldn't talk to people about things that really mattered, not even to my best friend. Now I've started to work at that, and its fucking hard I'll tell you. I've talked about things in my past, some of the most painful things in my life, and it all comes up at once when I do, it all slaps me in the face, just as hard as it ever did. I don't forget things, I really don't, I just bury them with time.

So you saying I'm trying to trick you, or implying that I'm trying to manipulate you, that's just absurd. I never will believe like you do, I never will be able to accept the precepts of a religion without question, but that doesn't mean I begrudge you the rightt.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-03-16 11:20:33

Moderation!

Lets everyone calm down here.

@coco,  Just as you do not wish people to be offensive to Islam, please show the same respect  towards people of other religions too, some of your comments about christianity, for example the symbology of the cross are definitely edging into offensive territory.

other Muslims who have posted in this topic have explained their beliefs without  having to denigrate others, please show the same tolerance,

This forum is full of people with different faiths, from different parts of the world. Everyone can sit on an island and yell about how they're right and everyone else is wrong, but that is the very sort of hinking that leads to religious wars, and indeed flame wars.
In a topic like this the important thing is to listen to everyone's perspective and at least be respectful even if you think the other person is utterly wrong.

that goes for Atheists (often the worst zealots), Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus and Muslims equally.

I'll also remind people that the purpose of topics like this is to share, not to condemn or  accuse.
if these sorts of topics are to serve a purpose, that purpose must be sharing perspectives and information to prevent the very kinds of wars (flame and otherwise), mentioned above.

Realistically, nobody is going to be converted to another's way of thinking by a post on the internet (especially if that way of thinking is expressed with condemnation and vitriol).

Religious belief as I said earlier is a matter  between one person and their god, it is something that needs to be lived and experienced than argued out in terms of logic.

If people wish to continue the matter of comparative religion, listening, to and  trying to understand  each others perspectives and sharing views that is absolutely fine, indeed I find such discussions intensively fascinating myself.

if people start turning this into some sort of religious flame war the topic will be closed.

2018-03-16 14:25:39

I see this spot is not the best place to debate as such. I stated all my respect in the first post, I believe we are all peaceful and tolerant but I just posted what the person needed, post1. He had a problem of differentiating between religions, so I explained why we don't follow christianity, I didn't explain that you should be a muslim. Never. you are free to choose whatever and that will change your insides, but that will not affect you based on friendships. Unlike other Muslims I do not have problem with people embracing other religions.