2018-02-22 23:19:04 (edited by Orin 2018-03-17 12:04:05)

Hello everyone,

I just got into two pretty good audio dramas. The first is called The Phenomenon, a horror podcast about the world going to crap. These plots are a dime a dozen, but what makes this one stand out is the characters, audio quality, etc. Check it out.
Another one that's going pretty good in the suspense area is a brand new podcast that just premiered called Congeria. The production reminds me a lot of good old dramas like Leviathan Chronicles. Check it out.

Oh, and speaking of Leviathan Chronicles,  looks like they're gearing up for a relaunch, after quite a few years away... Christoph's wife was unfortunately struck with cancer, along with other setbacks.

Feel free to recommend what you're listening to here. Like you all I'm waiting for We're alive Goldrush.

Edit: More ongoing audio dramas:
Ars Paradoxica:
http://www.arsparadoxia.com - A Fantastic time travel story starting in the middle of WWII.
Aftershocks - A new horror drama starting up on March 20.

2018-02-23 00:52:15

hello orin, could you please link to those two dramas? thank you.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-02-23 04:14:12

Here are the links:
http://phenomenonpod.libsyn.com/rss
http://congeria.libsyn.com/rss

Add those to your podcast client of choice and you should be able to download the episodes. I'm off to check these out.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2018-02-23 07:47:10

three I like. Cyberpunk: or science fiction oriented excepting the Scottish one which is just too funny in some areas to mention and its more about everyday life.

edict zero F.i.s.
https://edictzero.wordpress.com/
A Scottish podcast (contains... colorful, explicit language), select rss to view them all and have them in order:
http://scottishpodcast.com/episodes/
Hadron gospel hour: (you start on page 3 so you can work your way up to the latest episodes): http://www.hadrongospelhour.com/categor … es/page/3/

I wish I knew more like this or some audio books that are also fully acted out that you might recommend

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-02-23 12:14:23

Hi.
In regards to audio books, I recommend the nuclear bombshell books that are done by graphic audio. They're 10 books in total. Here is the description of the first book: "My name is Zachary Nixon Johnson. I am the last private detective on Earth...not exactly one hundred percent true, but it sounds good. The year is 2057 and, after a handful of species-altering upheavals, earth-shattering cataclysms, history changing extra-terrestrial contacts, and pop-culture disasters, the world is now a pretty safe place...But every once in a while some crazy thing happens that threatens all of society, all of humanity, or the entire space-time continuum. And for some reason it always happens on my watch." So begins the first installment of this all-new, all-hilarious trilogy that pokes fun at the pulps, and skewers sci-fi, as a private dick of the future goes after the most dangerous prey of all...The Plutonium Blonde.

2018-02-23 14:06:12

Really glad to hear Leviathan has updated, actually I seemed to be missing a few episodes as I only ever got the first bit of the leviathan orientation program, so nice to pick up the rest.

I really hope season 2 will be continuing soon, Leviathan is quite unique with the way they blend audio drama and dramatically read narration, it's not quite like anything else I've seen previously.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-02-23 15:10:32

I love the Leviathan Chronicles and We're alive. If the Leviathan chronicles continues, that would be amazing. I really enjoyed listening to it.

2018-02-23 19:42:55

hi,
When did they post an update recently? The latest post was from 2016.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2018-02-23 20:08:35

They posted on their Facebook page last November. They also said that they released their special edition episodes for free, though they're not on their website as far as I know, and they said the episodes will be payed again once Leviathan is relaunched this year.

2018-02-24 04:36:09

They've been updating their Twitter as of late. About a month old now, but it's the most up to date info.
As far as combining drama with narration, Congeria does a pretty decent job of that. Can't wait for episode 3 on Tuesday.

2018-02-24 12:47:30

You guys should check lightningbolt theater. They produce horror audio dramas along others. Their sound engineering is excellent

2018-02-24 14:00:07

The Phenomenon sounds interesting, I've always liked dystopias and its end of the world theme sounds like it might be right up my alley.

2018-02-24 16:34:20

I also like some of the stuff Darker projects has made, like Star Trek: Section 31 and Lost frontier, as well as Night terrors, Doctor Who, the Falcon banner which I haven't listened to in a long time and still haven't finished, and other stuff. I also like the Byron chronicles on Eric Busby presents. I wish I could listen to the old episodes of Darker projects' Doctor Who, but they don't have them on their site anymore.

2018-02-24 20:43:13

Here's some more stuff to check out.
The Nosleep podcast - Dramatizes horror short stories. Been running for quite a long time.
The White Vault - Another pretty good sounding horror drama that started in October 2017. It stars David alt, among others.
Marsfall - Some good scifi.
Most of these can either be found on iTunes or a quick Google search.

2018-02-24 23:53:00

Wow, I love both Dramas mentioned in post one. I’m listening to the phenomenon right now. It’s based off of the novel. I didn’t even know that. But I do like the other one as well.

2018-02-26 03:03:23

I love Marsfall, White Vault, Phenomenon, and Congeria. I've listened to all available episodes in all these podcasts. I want more!

2018-02-27 00:27:10

More Congeria tomorrow! smile
Phenomenon just had it's season 1 finale, so we'll be waiting for a bit on that one. What a cliffhanger ending that was.
I'm not sure when The Vault and Marsfall update.

2018-02-27 01:47:37 (edited by Chris 2018-02-27 01:48:06)

I heard The White Vault will return in October, and the new episode of marsfall is supposed to come out march 2.

2018-02-27 03:05:49

Hi.
Hmm, I like the leviathan cronicles as well, but to be quite honest, I am not really impressed by the sound design and naration, but that might be due to the fact that I am spoiled by german audio drama standards, if you listen to the works of Oliver Döring or Marco Golner, you know where i am going with that.
Something that finished recently is wolf 359, a well, humorous sci fy storie revolving around the crew of a space station, you can really get a laugh out of that one, give it a listen if this is your arria of enjoyment.
Something i also found recently is a show called the cleansed, a sort of post apocalyptic storie, haven't really checked that one out yet.
We're alive is also continuing, I think they'l launch something on Wensday if I am not mistaken.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-02-27 04:58:31

Wasn't The cleansed all done using skype?

Or maybe I'm thinking of dialed in.

Personally I wouldn't use skype to record an audio drama, too much fluctuating audio.

I listen to one that's been going on for about 10 years now called the kingery by pendant productions.

It's set in a futuristic world in some sort of holiday resort on another planet.

Another one I use to love was children of the gods.

Unfortunately that one appears to be abandoned, but it had excellent sound effects.

Darker projects was good in the mid 2000s, now I just don't bother with it.

Broken sea is similar, but the poor quality is not very good, even if the stories can be decent at times.

2018-02-27 06:51:40 (edited by Orin 2018-02-27 07:16:08)

Um no, The Cleansed was not done on Skype. That was done on location with on-field recording equipment.
The writing wasn't the best with that though. The sound design was great but I couldn't get through the second season.

Edit: We're Alive: Frontier is an RPG game using the Outbreak: undead tabletop system, and the show is essentially the players playing through the game with the setting being 17 years after We're alive ends. The trouble is, I don't know if Project alpha, which is a subscription service which we can try out for 30 days, is accessible. That's GeekInsudries live streaming platform who KC partnered with to do this.

2018-02-27 10:49:52

Well, for me it's either Big Finish Productions or GraphicAudio  most of the time.
They both do such great stuff. At the Moment, I am listening to the Reawakening trilogy, by Myke Cole. It is some Kind of Military Fantasy Story. It is also pretty gory. LOL
I also tried listening to Deathlands. But I think, that will never be my Kind of Thing. The characters seem very flat, and the pattern of the stories seem to be too repetative, in my opinion...

2018-02-27 16:55:51

hi
just wanted to let you all know that I recently found a twitter account that seems to post about audio dramas.
It's called @AudiotainmntNws.
cheers...

2018-02-27 23:51:33 (edited by Orin 2018-02-27 23:55:40)

@The Player: Read Deathlands 119, then 126 and be amazed. That is when GraphicAudio started making original Deathlands stories and breathed new life into them.

Edit: Also Congeria episode 3 was great. Listen to it now, just came out today.

2018-02-28 16:18:25

For those of you who like Star Trek check out Star Trek Excelsior. It is probably one of the best Star Trek audio dramas out there.

Ask, and you will receive.
Seek, and you will find.
Knock, And the door will be opened for you
Mat. 7:7