2018-02-22 15:43:22

the lore game is essentially the board game Mastermind, except it's easier for the first two levels than the real thing, with fewer runes in the sequence. than the whole six you get in the real game. You do get six I think though in getting to the highest tier of lore object though. How do you use Lore items though? I have a bunch but don't know how to use them.

2018-02-22 17:11:55

I'm not exactly sure what the percentage chance on lore items refers to, though I do gather that playing mastermind with them increases their quality, still I'll see what happens when I manage to get a tear 4 lore item.

Btw, I wonder how long the prologue is? I have bought chapters 1 and 2 because I really enjoy the game and want to support further work on it, and because I will want to play those chapters when I get there, but yee gods I've been playing for several days and still! seem to be trying to finish the prologue quest big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-02-22 19:30:58

I'm trying to get the quest done where you need the ship. Got everything else just trying to get gold. Went to a lot of random towns and listened at the inns even when I didn't have to for a quest and got some cool secret locations. Also, once I got a "legend" about some sort of super-speed amulet that I don't know what to do with.

2018-02-22 23:29:02 (edited by nolly 2018-02-22 23:32:22)

Lore % chance basically gives you more guesses the higher your lore is. Typically any of the lore mini games can be easily beaten with 13 guesses.

The prelude is fairly large. I won't spoil how many areas there are, but you probably have a bit more to go.

Lore items are used to unlock Legendary journal entries, as well as upgrade Legendary items such as the Amulet from the legendary quest you received from listening. The higher the lore item, the higher the chance it will unlock a journal entry. To unlock an entry find the legendary quest in your journal and click on one of the locked entries. The entries are clues which will tell you which area and quest you should do to get the item to drop. It is a rare drop though and may take several attempts to find it. The clues try to mislead you, but there will always be at least one that points you to where you should search/quest.

2018-02-23 13:52:48

I confess Land of Livia is getting a wee bit grindy at the moment as the next thing I need to do to progress is buy the ship, however since  i've bought the three real estate items available from the towns, the only way to increase my max gold is to upgrade those items, which takes more gold.

I'm getting about 30 gold per quest, and it's probably going to take me another 900 or so gold to upgrade my real estate items enough, plus of course 1000 gold for the ship itself, though of course if I upgrade my parrot to increase gold drops that might change the figures a bit.

I haven't got to this legendary quest yet, though as that takes listening at inns which in turn means more gold that might take me a while to get to big_smile.

One thing I would like to see in the game which might alleviate the lack of funds, would be the ability to go and work for a few hours. used Say when you go to sleep or aren't likely to be having your phone handy  few minutes or so.

it'd be nice to have a longer option say to work for between 2 and 12 hours, earning no experience or items, but a certain amount of gold per hour, say starting  with 30 gold for a lower level job, but rising as you do more higher level jobs.

That way you could go to bed, or go out to work yourself or whatever other thing might take up your time not questing,  and come back in the morning to a bunch more gold which you could then use  to upgrade items etc.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-02-23 21:10:27

The game is designed to eventually become where you can set a quest and forget it, but in the beginning it will take a little more attention. Trust me when I say that you don't want to rush buying the ship. Take your time gathering the gold a little bit and gather some gear and gems along the way. In fact I believe the intent is to slow you down from purchasing the ship too quickly to insure that you gain the necessary upgrades before setting sail, as the quests levels go up rather quickly from that point on.

The closest to a set and forget money maker is the Jungle and Mine. Without quest time reduction they take quite some time to complete and reward you well. However if you can check your game often I suggest the Golden Sands quest in Smuggler's Cove once you unlock it. It still has one of the best gold per minute ratio of all the quests that I've seen. It becomes even better once you can reduce it's quest time to under it's original quest time of 15 minutes. The river also has a well rewarding quest, but until you can reduce it's quest time to 5 minutes, the Golden Sands quest is still the better of the two. Also remember to max out your Parrot and Compass as soon as you can, as well as take a trip down to the Jungle Outpost if you  haven't done so already. I'm pretty sure the Jungle Outpost will be worth your time.

2018-02-24 03:28:05

Ok what the fuck man! Gem cutting is cheap as hell! As soon as I double tap it  immediately gives me a new ding sound,  which, is fine when I'm playing on my keyboard. I have a reaction time of 0.2 seconds on it or something.  It's a different story on iOS however.  It takes slightly longer to double tap so I always make about a 44% cut if the game decides to do the sounds back to back.  If you want, I can explain it in more detail, but please, please add at least a one second delay in between each sound.

2018-02-24 05:43:49

Beware! spoilers for the ship quest.

Ironically I had bought just enough gold upgrades to cover the thousand gold for the ship, before it occurred to me to actually check the journal and  heard about listening at sturn's shipping outpost, I assumed I'd got everything when i finished the captain goal, but that'll learn me big_smile.

I'm now making my way into the mighty jungle, lets hope the lion is sleeping tonight big_smile.

End of spoilers!

Still not tried gem cutting as yet  as I haven't had the gold to spare.

2018-02-24 07:00:59 (edited by nolly 2018-02-24 07:24:04)

You don't have to start cutting as soon as you hear the first tone. That is just the starting point which in turn triggers a tone. This will also happen when you do a cut, the arch will reset to it's starting point and trigger a sound, which again you don't have to cut. You can simply sit there and gather a Rhythm or counting if you prefer of when the time to cut comes around. So for example, you pay 200 gold and you hear a tone. Sit there and listen to it go around for a few times and be ready to take your first cut. Once you perform your first cut it will sound like a double tone because the arch is resetting, but you can again sit there and get the timing, letting it go around a few times. Repeat this until you have all 3 cuts. If you are still having trouble picturing it, it's like you are looking at a giant wheel on it's side with a semi circleular arch hump on  it. You have a button to try to stop the wheel completely between two static vertical markers on the ground. The more of the arch you get between the two markers )percentage), the better the cut.

2018-02-24 16:47:27

Oh, i feel dumb. Please disregard my previous post

2018-02-25 06:03:09

If it makes you feel better I thought the same things you did. I thought it was a one shot deal and I had to hit the cut button on every tone.

2018-02-26 09:13:31

Hi.
I'm still loving the game, and I finally seem to have unlocked the last part of the last task in Prelude, which I look forward to complete.
There is only one thing which makes me really mad about the game: The battery usage. I have tested this in the weekend, because I didn't had much time to play the game. I have an iPhone 7 including the smart battery cover. Normally, my phone can hold the battery for two or three days, depending on how much I use it. When Land of Livia is running, both the battery in the smart cover and the phones battery is drained in one day. There is nothing wrong with my battery. I got a new battery in my phone two weeks ago. As soon as I close Land of Livia in the app switcher, my phone returns to normal battery usage again.
I have talked to other players about this issue. Three other blind people who are playing the game are having the same issue. It's weird that not everyone is having this issue. I really hope it'll be fixed very soon.
@Nolly: You are simply awesome at explaining things. You should consider doing guides, reviews etc. Big thumbs up to you... big_smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-02-26 18:38:49

Yes, I've noticed the battery issue as well for some time now, but I previously chalked it up to the normal useage typically consumed by a lot of games I play on my phone. I've also noticed for awhile that the game also becomes sluggish if I haven't closed the app via the app switcher after several hours (around, 3 - 6 hours. It reminds me of other games that had for a lack of a better term a memory leak, where the game wasn't handling the clearing of temporary data very efficiently. Of course compared to some games, this game battery consumption is like drops in a bucket, where I can only get 2 or 3 hours in a full charge cycle with a 6S +.

2018-02-26 22:20:15

that sounds cool!

Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results. -Willie Nelson

2018-02-28 00:30:52 (edited by keyIsFull 2018-02-28 00:34:45)

hi this game is really cool, and I really like it. Even the fre chapter 0 can keep you entertained for a good while. Do you guys know why the game is taking 82% battery when I have it open on my iPhone 6s, even when my phone is locked? Like it has no sounds, and the graphics probably aren't that intensive. My only guess is that it makes too many calls to the server so that things like campfire and timers are kept up to date because yeah, my phone went from 100 to 20 in like 7 hours, and this is a brand new phone and it had taken 82% of the battery usage. So there's certainly some optimization possible. But great game!

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2018-02-28 01:12:42

Well as I've played the game so much it seemed only fair to do a db page whil i thought about it big_smile.

So find the database entry for Land of Livia here

2018-02-28 06:24:44

Thanks for the great write up Dark!

I am finding the battery usage issues very strange. It has never been reported as a problem in the past 2 years so I suspect it may be something related to the Voice Over support. Apologies for those of you that it is affecting, I will let you know how I go with investigating it.

Also I am getting several reports of the gold per hour not working for people but once again it seems to only affect Voice Over users which is quite perplexing. If it is affecting anyone here then please let me know smile

2018-02-28 09:29:22

Awesome DB page Dark.
@Aaron: Thanks a lot for looking at the extreme battery usage. Yes, I think it only happens when using VOiceover. I will ask around in the game and let you know if I figure it out.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2018-02-28 20:58:07

Glad people like the page. I will say I don't seem to be experiencing the battery issue, and i have had Land of Livia running for a long while, on the other hand this is on my Iphone 8 that I only bought last month.

Btw what is it with all the maps? Is there some superstition about showing a hole location on a map or something? Or did the sorceress get really! irritated with her tom tom not giving her the right directions so cursed anyone who tried to draw a map of more than one square mile.
Hay maybe that's why she's monkeying with the weather, she's trying to get a good wifi signal big_smile.

I do have one miner niggle with theb game, though I'm still very absorbed.
First, it'd be nice if the game could mark items to say they're in the best strength/int/dex set, since while you can have items ordered by stats, as your effectively managing three sets of gear it can happen that you get a better item in one stat and then accidently ditch part of your other suit by mistake.
It is also mildly confusing in that the alert you get warning you your about to get rid of one of your best items seems to trigger for quite a few things, indeed one simple way to solve the problem is for the alert to say which set the "best item" belongs to, for example "your about to get rid of your best lore item"

I assume that as the game is able to auto equip your best gear anyway this should be relatively doable, though if not fair enough, I confess eq balancing is never my favourite part of rpgs anyway.

2018-02-28 22:39:42

Hi, does anyone know how to use lore items? I can only do lore researching frm the lore items button on the hero tab, which upgrades the items but I can't ues them. They have a chance of working.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2018-03-01 02:56:55

I've created a short guide in the articles section of the forums to briefly explain how Lore researching, Gem cutting and upgrading legendary items work. I hope this helps anyone who has questions,, especially with gem cutting, as it is very expensive and time consuming to learn.

2018-03-01 08:55:27

Nolly: Wow. You are simply awesome. Thanks for the guide. You are really great at explaining things...

Best regards SLJ.

2018-03-01 09:31:12

Very cool guide Nolly, I've added a link to it on the db entry. It's good to know for me since thus far  one attempt at gem cutting didn't go well, though I admit I'm leaving that until I can start on higher level quests, have upgraded gold items and income is a bit more plentiful.

one thing I have noticed about lore research though is that if you equip items with lore  you can get more guesses, which is often handy with some of  harder to research items. I'm not %100 sure what the ratio of lore bonuses to guesses is, (maybe something like plus five lore gets you an extra guess), but it definitely is noticeable.

It also seems that the game conducts the dice roll for each quest at the time you attempt it, not at the  the quest is actually complete, so as long as you have your best strength/dex/int gear on when you actually begin the quest, it doesn't matter too much if  you change to lore or luck based gear afterwards.

I do have one rather odd question though, which is I seemed to unlock the corish raid camp somewhere along the line and when I did some of the quests there I was getting success messages, even though there isn't  anything in my journal about having to go there, I wonder if perhaps I should've done more listening at inns earlier on?

2018-03-01 19:07:01

I will admit that gem cutting was very frustrating in the beginning to learn, but is now one of the more fun aspects of the game. I didn't do it alone though, both Aaron (Developer) and my wife helped me to understand how to get started. The rest was just practice, practice, practice. If you are still having issues you can borrow a sighted person to sit there with you with screen curtain turned off, asking them to say "now" when you should cut. This will further help you get a feeling how far past the tone for each speed rotation you should be making your cut. I was ending up with a lot of gems in the 70's at first, but eventually with practice and luck gear was able to slowly raise the quality of my gems.

2018-03-02 11:19:40

Hmmmm, Maybe Aaron could implement a second sound to let you know when to start preparing to cut if it's literally like a wheel turning?

Either that or a chance to practice for free.