2018-02-18 17:15:47

any news regarding CoC revamp mod and TiTS?

2018-02-18 18:20:55

Unfortunately not.
there was some talk on github, but I don't think it went anywhere.
I'll give the developers a  nudge in a week or so just to see what's happening.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-02-28 02:13:49

Hmm. So tried playing in IE, but nothing reads with NVDA, I can't get any controls or any text whatsoever to show up. What am I doing wrong here?

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2018-02-28 06:58:02

Provided you've got flash enabled in Ie, just  on the "embedded object" in the window and wait a while, the game will load and a page will open with new game, data etc that you can click on.

I personally downloded the sdf file and now have it on my computer insteadd, since as the game isn't being updated anymore there is no reason not to play it on your pc (saving is easier that way too).

Btw, still no news on the remake mod, I would recommend anyone interested please register on the corruption of champions forums and put a word in since if the developers know there is a little more demand for this they might make it a higher priority.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-03-11 23:11:08

Just to let people know, I sent a polite nudge to Fenoxo on their forum asking about Trials in tainted space access again, and was told "not at this time"

So I would urge anyone backing the project to please take your money else where.

2018-05-07 19:55:28

it seems the latest vanilla4 version is accessible. I'm not sure about the actual 1.13b version though. The actual latest release is 1.13b, not vanilla, at least that's what I think.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-05-07 21:58:45

Hmm Mata I  assume your talking about the remake mod?

I admit I'm a little confused here because vanilla version 4 seems to work fine, with NVDA while version  4.13 has the same problems with the menu, so goodness knows. What is even more confusing is that the vanilla version 4 has a later release date than version 4.13 which is odd. Either way if anyone more experienced with github wants to shed some light on this the releases are on

https://github.com/Kitteh6660/Corruptio … d/releases

2018-05-07 22:14:29

Well in terms of the remake mod the latest version is indeed vanilla version four  released on March the 15th of this year which can be found on https://github.com/Kitteh6660/Corruptio … d/releases

I believe the vanilla version 4 is indeed the latest version, you can see that by simply looking at the release dates of each one, plus I tried version 4.13 and that did not work with Nvda the way Vanilla version 4 did which is odd.

I deposited a comment Here in the issue related to screen readers so hopefully we can get some answers.

I'm hoping that since Vanilla version 4 has a later build date than 4.13 its just a weird numbering system and that indeed the latest remake mod is going to be screen reader friendly, which would of course rock

2018-05-08 04:36:19

I'm not sure either. I don't really think the Vanilla version has the same content as the 4.13b which is the latest version of the mod though. The 4.13 has some cool changes added to it, when the Vanilla changes don't really say much.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-05-08 07:15:57

Okay looking at this I think the Vanilla version is basically just a slightly tweaked version of original coC without much by way of changes, hence the term Vanilla and why it works with screen readers, after all the last version of nromal CoC was CCoC version 2, and the file listing for vanilla is "coC2.4, (not CoC mod).
I've also deleted my comment from the above screen reader issue (no point looking like a prat).

So sadly no CoC mod for us yet, though good news about CoC ii when it gets going and there's always original coC of course, and hay maybe they'll get the CoC mod fixed eventually.

2018-05-08 09:47:26

What's the latest playable version of the mod again?

2018-05-08 11:14:49

Vanilla version 4, the one at the top of the page, Direct download link is here

I believe this is basically just a tweaked version of original CoC rather than one with heavy modifications, particularly since the file is identified as CoC not CoC revamp.

2018-05-08 15:45:36

I just checked. The latest playable mod versio nis 4.8

2018-05-08 18:28:22

Thanks for checking the releases. I've asked in the screen reader issue about this one, and also about the relationship of vanilla version 4 to the other releases, since if it is indeed basically just a slightly tweaked version of original CoC it might be more helpful to play that than the standard CoC anyway while we wait for the remake mod to be fixed.

I do notice n the changes for revamp version 4.9 it says "ui completely overhauled" and presumably in said overhauling that broke something which made the game play nicely with screen readers, quite a shame, though hopefully by pointing out where in the code things went floofy that might help it get fixed.

2018-05-23 09:43:37

You can find the save and load options  the "data" button.
There you can save your progress to a file, and to several save slots.
i'd recommend doing this often.

Btw, One question I do have is about the beautiful sword.
I'm playing at the moment trying to keep my corruption as low as  possible using the mediation perk and the gargoil (it's usually at zero) which means usually the beautiful sword for me has an attack of 17 (since its attack value goes down the more corruption you have).

Oddly enough though, when I check This page on weapons in the CoC wiki all of the other weapons seem to have lower attack values,  seems rather odd that the first weapon you get is the best in the game?
then again I'm still grinding to get tough enough to enter some areas like the swamp, let alone lethis' lair so we'll see.

2018-05-23 13:37:59

May be it's random. I'm not so sure. I got the beautiful sword too. Haven't experimented much with other weapons though.

2018-05-23 13:41:48

Hi all,
Interesting game so far. However, I'm getting stuck at the perk menu that you can access after levelling up.
Basically, after clicking on the "choose a perk" button, nothing seems to happen.
Anyone found a way of getting around this?
Cheers,

Daniel

2018-05-23 16:38:26

Well this is annoying! The new windows 10 update kindly killed C cleaner for me, so I had to reinstall it, upon reinstalling the first thing it did was run a scan and oopsadazy! there goes my save file!
Even though I tried to use the "save to file" option in CoC it never seemed to work, or at least I clicked on the button and nothing happens.

The moral of the story, don't run a scan with C cleaner or clear out your internet explorer temporary files while playing CoC, especially when your level 13, have Marble and Phyla as lovers, 700 gems and have cleared two of the game's main dungeons! grrrrrrr!

@Mata, nope the beautiful sword isn't random, its attack stat is directly based on your corruption, it just seems a little strange that the game would essentially give you the best weapon as a freeby, or at least the best weapon if your  not going corrupt.
Btw, sadly no news on the remake mod as yet which is mildly annoying since weapon crafting sounded interesting.

@Daniel, if your playing in ie, one weird thing about the perk dropdown is you can't access it if carrot browsing is enabled, god knows why. With IE and Nvda though go to the view menu and  turn off carrot browsing, click on the "choose a perk" button then hit nvda space to switch to focus mode and choose a perk, this also works in supernova, though I'm not sure about other browser/screen reader combinations.

2018-05-23 18:16:04

Thanks dark for the help, that worked perfectly.
Another somewhat related question, is there somewhere that gems can be stored, so that you don't lose them if you are defeated in combat, as I'm still a lower level?
Also, as I'm quite interested to check out the magic system, is there somewhere that one might learn that? I've been doing some reading in the tower ETC, but haven't come across anything of that nature yet.
Cheers,

Daniel

2018-05-24 05:43:03

Nope, there isn't anywhere to store gems unfortunately, but as you level up the number of gems you lose in combat will grow less, and of course losing in combat will be less frequent.

Btw If you play version 2.4 vanilla from the CoC revamp page, one very handy tweak it has (apart from converting all controls to actual buttons that can be navigated with B, is the ability to show each monster's combat stats, level, hp and lust. I'm actually tempted to change the main download link in the Db to this one, since the  controls being buttons and extra stats do make life easier for  screen readers.
You can download that here

So according to this you probably ought to stay out of the desert until your around level 3 or so, and out of the mountains until your around level 5-6, and if you encounter one of those tentacle beasts in the forest, Run! big_smile.

You need to study white and black spellbooks to get access to spells.

As a little hint, look for  enemies who sound like the sort of people who might have spellbooks and keep pounding on them until the spellbooks drop, oh and just to be clear by "Pounding" I mean beating them in combat, engaging in other types of pounding is entirely optional big_smile.

Oh and as another hint, don't be fooled by something which looks like a spellbook but isn't which is dropped by these same enemies.

2018-05-24 07:07:59

@Dark - next time, add your saves as exceptions to CCleaner.

I can share my save file, if you do not mind playing a female character.
You could always change gender, one of the eggs should  solve the problem if you want to be pure male.
Specifically, a blue egg.

I am playing the Vanilla version too.

Saving to file works, but I have to use mouse shortcuts on the button.
I am unable hoever to load the file from the original version of the game.
Loading files created in the Vanilla version works.

I am almost sure the Beautiful Sword was the first weapon in the game.
Everything else has been added later.
And the weapon has been given by Marae to her champions, so it should be the best and react to corruption.

Weapon attack value can be increased if you use perks in combination with a proper weapon type.

For users focused on magic, like me, I strongly recommend learning other methods of magic attack.
You will be in deap trouble if you use only standart spells.

2018-05-24 11:01:38

thanks Luel, mouse emulation does seem to work when saving or loading to a specific file, and presumably if I save to a file outside the flash folder C cleaner won't eat my saves?

I think I'd prefer to replay from the start since I know then what my relations were to other creatures etc, not to mention perks and so on, I might also try as a woman next time since in that game I was male.

Magic rocks, also the meditate perk really helps in taking  out dungeons.
One thing I rather like in CoC is that you can be effectively focused on multiple areas, so you can take extra magic perks and have spells to hand while taking a couple of attack perks, though you need to be careful since apparently the beautiful sword doesn't have a weapon type so only standard attack perks boost its damage if your using it. Lust attacks can work, though its not good to rely on them constantly without magic since lust is a bit of a too edged sword especially in dungeons.

Then again, some characters give you major advantages if your playing the pure route and especially if your using magic.
I am a little sorry though later versions of the remake mod with actual weapon crafting aren't accessible, since I do find having one weapon throughout the game a bit disappointing, especially when other weapons are on offer, though perhaps that's part of the point of going the corrupt route to give a different gameplay experience, though I don't know if I'm nasty enough to play that way big_smile.

Actually I confess things were getting a wee bit grindy around level 13, Marble's plot was interesting and I enjoyed romancing Phyla, but Amilee's talk messages  getting a wee bit samy and basically I was just grinding for  sake of getting high enough level. Then again I'd not yet explored the swamp at that stage so had another area to go, as well as I believe more encounters with scila, also there were some characters I'd not yet started plot with such as urta so things probably would have picked up again in terms of interesting stuff to discover.

2018-05-24 15:24:15

Wait wait wait!
What do you mean one weapon?
There is a weapon shop in Tel'Adre.

My character attack for Beautiful Sword is 34, so probably some perks boosted it.

I usually play a pure character.

I have all perks from training with Jojo.
I am using Eldritch Staff which is the best weapon for magic.
I have Incorporeality perk, Chi Reflow perk and all standard perks for using magic.
I am also a Kitsune which has its own magical perks and attacks.

I would like to have the remake mod accessible too.
When I read the changelog for this, I was so jealous of people who can play it.
Having the mod accessible would be absolutely fantastic.

2018-05-24 15:39:26

I did Not literally mean only one weapon, but if your one weapon has an attack stat two points higher than your most expensive weapon in the game  you effectively do have! one weapon, one reason why weapon crafting would be a good thing I think.

if you want to either write something on the github page for the revamp mod or contact kitta660 politely on the Fenoxo forum  might be a good way to show interest, sadly while initial thoughts on this seemed positive I haven't heard anything back recently which is a shame, since Trials in tainted space got a categorical "no" when I asked about accessibility, and as you said the Revamp changelog looks down right awesome!

2019-01-03 22:48:54

Hi,
Sorry for bringing this topic back, I'm running into a problem that I can't seem to track down.
It's been a while since I've played this game, so I decided to open it in IE, same as I had done previously, with the latest version of NVDA. However, I don't seem to be able to read text at all. I seem to be able to tab and shift+tab through the buttons in some circumstances but they don't seem to activate. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and has mannaged to get around it?
Thanks,

Daniel