2018-02-10 05:33:01

G-Rad wrote:

H WIth NVDA and Windows 10, you just press NVDA + R and it will review the contents of a screen for you.    GOlden Cursor requires you have the cordinants for the   mouse positions.  I can paste the cordinants here if you need or wnat them, there's a few and you have to follow an order for them to work properly or it will nto work at all.

Sorry bud I am such a newbie

2018-02-10 08:14:34

I have obtained the OCR add-on for NVDA.
But, when I use it with a bridged VST, the results can be nothing, or random symbols.
I click on each letter or symbol, and nothing happens.
A few days ago It worked fine, but now nothing.

Yamaha YM2608

YOU
SAY! - Sonic the Hedgehog CD (Dec 4, 1992 prototype)

2018-02-10 09:02:50

Dekyo-NEC2608 wrote:

But, when I use it with a bridged VST, the results can be nothing, or random symbols.

U tryed uninstalling ocr
Worked for me bud

2018-02-10 12:35:34

Dekyo-NEC2608 wrote:

I think because that addon uses Tesseract OCR engine it isn't as good as windows 10 ocr.

2018-02-10 12:39:31

And, I've got a strange problem with omnisphere2:
The first time when I loaded omnisphere I was able to go through presets with the NVDA review curser. But now I have to use OCR when I go to the presets.
And how can I scroll presets to be able to see more presets? I don't have a mouse btw. just the mouse touch pad on my laptop big_smile

2018-02-10 15:19:18

Yes, you want to use Windows OCR which is integrated into newer versions of NVDA.

As for scrolling  with the ability to see more  presets, if you have a touch pad, then on the far righthand side of the touch pad may be a touch scroller.  Try it on a website and see if it will scroll up and down pages by simply sliding your finger up and down the far right edge of the touchpad.  I'm ot even suere if there is a scrolling keyboard shortcut although I see one being helpful in situations like this.

As for newbies, it'd help to et used to using OCR first before going this advanced into it.   it is manditory for learning how to do some things to make plugins accessible.

HOpefully soon, my friend will be able to figure out what's wrong with a custom plugin he made for me and we can share it with Reaper users to make all this much easier.  For now though these workarounds have to be used.   Sucks....

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-02-10 20:23:25

I do not have Windows 10. But I do not want to change my OS just because of its built-in OCR....

Yamaha YM2608

YOU

2018-02-11 04:23:45

@32
..not really constructive and there is simply nothing we can do about it. If you really really really want the OCR, then Use a virtual machine. The world ain't ending

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-02-11 23:12:39

For now I give up. My PC is low-end to run virtual machines.
What I'm going to say will sound strange, but when I uninstalled the graphics driver the OCR add-on recognized some things, and when I reinstalled the graphics driver the OCR result is just symbols as I said before.
When I have the graphics driver installed, and I position myself on the bridged VST window, OCR recognizes things that are from other window (eg, from the desktop or folders), and I am correctly positioned with the NVDA object browser.

Before anyone asks, I installed the correct driver from the manufacturer's support page of my PC.

Yamaha YM2608

YOU

2018-02-12 13:17:53

@34,
Never heard that one before...    Then again, I don't use Bridged mode, but even when I did, it never behaved like that before with me.  What is the NVDA review mode set to?   Not sure if it'd make a difference but worth a try if you haven't already.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-02-12 22:30:15

Yes, I tried using all review cursor modes, and it still does not work...
I have VSTis that can be used only by accessing the FX parameter box, and I think that's enough for now.

Yamaha YM2608

YOU

2018-02-15 22:13:22

Just picked up omnisphere what a vst hot damn
And can access all the hole sound banks 
Got my creative juices going

2018-03-24 19:49:41

If anyone is interested XLN are having a half price sale on everything
Use code  SPRING18
When checking out & you will get half off

2018-03-25 05:47:57

Yeah Omnisphere is a monster of a synth, in more ways than one.  lol, takes up some space.

XLN has a sale every so often. I have 14 of their drum expansions plus 7 kit piece expansions, and all addictive keys expansions.  Their installer is not accessible by default, but works decent with windows 10 OCR.  I was able to install all my stuff lastnight after doing a fresh reset on my PC.    They make it convenient since they  have a one click install all your products option, basically.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-03-25 11:47:35

Thanks. Been putting off buying addictive drums, but I think I'll grab a copy now.

2018-03-25 12:21:43

No worrys bud enjoy I picked up some more addictive keys addons myself after putting it off

2018-03-25 13:28:56

This plugin might be helpful & handy for everyone
My buddy picked it up for me to use when ever we get a creative block
Check the preview video below

2018-03-25 18:24:36

uh, and there is no link for your video hahaha . I am glad this post still keeps on. I tried my best to amass all of the information in plug-ins I could get. If you guys do have presets or other little utilities we might use, I am glad to archive and mirror them just as I have done with all of the nectar elements ones at the www.reaperaccessibility.com . there is also new stuff being posted like tips for mac users so we are definitely moving forward.. slowly but surely.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-03-26 10:55:28

UltraLeetJ wrote:

uh, and there is no link for your video hahaha . I am glad this post still keeps on. I tried my best to amass all of the information in plug-ins I could get. If you guys do have presets or other little utilities we might use, I am glad to archive and mirror them just as I have done with all of the nectar elements ones at the www.reaperaccessibility.com . there is also new stuff being posted like tips for mac users so we are definitely moving forward.. slowly but surely.

Lol np the thing an talking about is
Boutique plug-in scaler

Enjoy

2018-03-26 12:40:11

This is not VST related but this may come in handy for a lot of us  who use or have used Sonar 8.5.3 or my Sonar X3 setup.

Snce Cakewalk closed their doors on Sonar development, that made a lot of people jump to Reaper, and my friend, azslow, created a plugin that allows you to open your cakewalk projects in Reaper.  This plugin has come a long way and is doing well.  It works on PC and is blind-user friendly, seeing as it's just a dll file that  lets Reaper properly see CWP file projects.

You pretty much have a perfect replication of the project opening in Reaper now.    I do use it when visiting old  projects with Reaper, where I have better access to things.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-03-26 20:20:37

well, sounds amazing and I am sure many people will appreciate it. Let us know when its ready for a release.

2018-03-26 21:35:54

Did you hear that BandLab has bought sonar and is claiming they are continuing development? I have a feeling they're really just interested in the customer base, but we'll see. It would probably be a good time to hit them with emails regarding accessibility improvements, but I'm not sure how many blind users are onboard the cakewalk ship these days when Reaper seems to have a lot more going for it.,

2018-03-26 23:43:51

@46, it's available now.  there's just a couple small things to worry about at the moment and that has to do with sonar's pro channel which is available in sonar x versions, other than that, it seems to be in complete working order.

As for bandlab  and Sonar,  No, nothing heard about that, but at the same time, why would they do so now?  It's probably not going ot be the same, but I'll look into it.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-03-29 11:04:09

I just got my hands on tone2 Electra x/2

Not bad with ocr
Enjoying the alternative sounds & tones

Anybody have it or used it?

2018-04-10 05:15:38

Got a couple more to add from Audio Assault:

Wrote up a review of their Westwood Drums instrument. Generally accessible and great if you can get it on sale. You can check out some sound samples and more accessibility info at https://playingthisbyear.com/2018/03/31 … o-assault/

Their Dominator amp sim is also somewhat accessible, and hoping to get around to writing a full review of it soon. Basically, you can access some of the parameters and change presets with the screen review mode on NVDA and the Windows 10 OCR. Still need to play with it some, but was able to change quite a few of the parameters, though some of them didn't seem to work properly. Like Westwood, great if you can get it on sale considering any potential accessibility issues.

Los Angeles Based musician, blogger, and programmer.
https://artistibarra.com/