2018-02-09 03:21:29

ok guys, listen up. I don't give a crap if your Apple Watch, is, water resistant. do, not, take, a, shower, with, it! I haven't done this, but a book I just read said it was safe. that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. it's ok to swim with it if you use it right, but it doesn't need to follow you into the shower.

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2018-02-09 04:28:49

It would have more submersion in liquid while swimming than it would if showered with. Now, I tend to agree that its just plain stupid to shower with electronics on, but in a shower, the water bounces off you mostly. You're not submerged in it, it hits you, and bounces off. That's what makes showers a better idea than taking baths, because while the soap binds to the dirt and the water sweeps it off your body, you're still floating around in dirty water for a while. A shower is different because when you use your soap or shower gel, you're scrubbing it off of you, and the water is carrying off the soap or shower gel. SO the watch would have water hitting it, and it would just roll off.

Think about swimming though. You're in a pool of water, the bottom half of you is splayed out behind you, you're kicking with your legs, and stroking with your arms. Whenever you do a full stroke, your watch is being submerged until your arm breaks the surface of the water. Sure you try to keep it as close to the surface as possible to gain as much speed as you can, trying to reduce drag and make yourself hydrodynamically stable, but the watch is still being submerged. If it can survive that, it can survive a shower.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-02-09 05:00:05

well, the difference is you won't get soap on your watch in the pool

2018-02-09 05:40:13

I'd consider chlorine to be worse than soap, most soap is on the basic side of the PH scale.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-02-09 05:58:19

Should I even say that it is widely known that chlorine is... ah, nevermind, everyone already knows. tongue

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-02-09 06:14:41

well, then you explain that to apple

2018-02-09 17:25:26

right

End racism
End division
Become united