2018-02-02 13:45:28

Hi all.
for the past few days, I've been searching for a podcasting app or rather program I can use on windows. I was using podcatcher since a while ago, however I discovered a huge bug in the latest version. If you subscribed to a podcast and exited the program, you won't find it when you start the program again. All of the podcasts you've subscribed to are gone.
I tried q cast and the program crashes when you try to seek backwards or forwards while an episode is playing. Also, there is no way for you to rewind or forward by short increments
My question is: are there any podcasting apps that are accessible for windows?
Thanks
Best regards.

2018-02-07 19:54:33

HI all.
So, I found two solutions if anyone is interested.
Winamp makes a really good podcast player. Its very accessible, the only issue I'm having with it is that it doesn't support Opml files.
Another way to do podcasting on windows is to use the overcast webplayer. its accessible in a way but I can't figure out how to access the volume control on it.
I contacted the dev, let's hope that he'll fix it.
Best regards.

2018-02-08 02:46:24

You can also take a look at this topic I posted awhile back for some more ideas.

http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=23680

It seems there's no perfect solution as far as podcasting clients for Windows go these days, but there are a few workable ideas listed in that topic.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-02-13 14:33:47

Thank you. I really appreciate it.