2018-02-01 15:54:45

This sounds amazing!

I don't know if I can get on this evening, but I'll hopefully be around in the next couple of days, exploration is my thing so count me in for this one.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-02-01 18:58:15

holy hell I'm looking forward to that!

2018-02-02 00:42:48

Hello folks,
So this is a quick update, another will follow in about an hour.
The event tonight has been cancelled, due to the stuff within it[the planet], not being quite ready.
Exploration is pretty much done, just ironing out one or two final bugs[though there'll be more, players like finding those]

the blockades are in

keep your eyes to the skies, for cosmic rage is inbound

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2018-02-02 02:30:11

Lara Stardust: evening folks! Well, after a lot of blood, sweat, tears, abuse and the occasional storm of curses, the exploration system is complete! This system allows you to explore in any direction. Yes, you heard me, any direction. Let me repeat that for the hard of hearing, "ANY DIRECTION!" from any sector. There are a few things that change because of this: *star sectors are now actual sectors, so you don't get boosted up or anything. *wormhole sectors have had a few minor code changes[though you shouldn't notice anything]. Bare the following things in mind please: 1. To the west, and east, for the first sector, is a vacus and droidic blockade to either side. You can go past the blockade, but  you will want to use quantum and run it, meaning move quickly past it, otherwise it will hit you hard. 2. Travelling below -6000 on the z, while in local sectors i.e, if your universal coordinates are 0 0, -1, you will hit black holes, and you probably will die. Don't blame us. 3. Unless you are truly stuck, hosts will not rescue you. If you get lost, its your own fault. That being said, this system will allow for any direction exploration, and you can deploy your plants, anywhere you like now. I really hope you enjoy and if in doubt, report all bugs! If the system breaks while I sleep, I've also added so that any host can turn it off and turn back to the old system, so.. Here goes! Enjoy!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2018-02-02 09:34:05

Hi.
Wow... All this sounds extremely amazing, and very unique compared to other muds I have tried or read about.
I played the mud very long time ago, and really enjoyed playing it. So why did I stopped playing? Because I'm easily getting addicted to muds, so I forget all about life and everything around me. I can't stop playing, and find it difficult for me to limit myself...
I'm considering to give it a try again. I think I still have an old account on the mud. But, should I start from scratch because of all those new things? I think my character is around level 200 or so.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-02-02 10:38:07

It's often a matter of player to player. If you do come back, try at 200 if you can't do, reset and start over

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2018-02-02 12:34:46

So, how does this new change affect star coring and stuff like that? Just wondering.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2018-02-02 15:20:44

Hello,
I've played Cosmic Rage a long time ago.. Now, I'm considering trying it again.
The only reazon why I stopped playing it before was due to the fact that players had to describe all the rooms they created.
Now don't get me wrong, I kind of like this feature. I just would like it if there could be another way of describing your rooms i.e. through the use of menus.
This is of course, just an idea.

2018-02-02 15:35:05

hmm,this is a great game,but i'm thinking the system  too many.

2018-02-02 17:53:32

Hey all. I've played cosmic too but stopped cause of you need describing the rooms your self and cause of too much grinding for level up. When there was an old point system with less points required it was better. And i don't like grinding. It gets me off quick. Hope you can change it  nathan!

2018-02-03 01:55:24

Hi,
Forgive me if this question has already been answered, but will there be a mush soundpack for this one?

2018-02-06 13:18:35 (edited by dardar 2018-02-06 13:25:11)

Hello!
I have some big updates to make, not big as in big, but big as in influential to you and your friends, so please read and spread the word.

First @aaron yes there is a mush pack made by a player. Eventually cosmic will release basic packs for both vip and mush, and we currently claim no responsibility for how up to date the mush pack is, but it is at least there and we appreciate that of the player very much.

Next, the updates:

Issues 1:
Stopped playing because had to right own descriptions.
Resolution:
There is now a description builder for you to use which will walk you through writing out[by use of a choice of words in menus] a simple 2-3 line description. There is also the dHelp category for alternative descriptions.

Issue 2:
Ratika is too hard.
Solution:
Ratika drones have been powered up a lot and the following automated features added:
*you can have 9 guard drones rather than just 1]
*guard drones exit nests at 95 percent damage
*def-d deploy now deploys as many as possible

Issue:
Sector system broken, and/or not expansive.
Resolution:
Sector system is now vastly expanded, with *most* bugs resolved. Most being 95 percent[I like that number].

Important!
There is a team talk administrators Q&A tonight in which Nate, i.e, me, will be on team talk ready to answer your questions about the game and to hear your complaints personally.

Cosmic Rage is the mud that cares. Never forget it.

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2018-02-06 13:44:10

hi Nathan, what do you mean the sector system has been expanded? by the way love the game still love it and all that.

2018-02-06 13:46:56

By expanded, it is now possible not only to go north/south, but east/west, up/down/ northeast/southwest/ southeast/northwest, ETC

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2018-02-06 13:53:56 (edited by dardar 2018-02-06 13:55:26)

Confirmed:
The question and answer session tonight will actually be a radio stream hosted by the head admin, so people do not have to be imbarrasssed by voices. Start time between 6:00 and 6:30 GMT, with music being played beforehand.

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2018-02-06 13:56:19

ah so the exploration system is here is it?

2018-02-07 03:38:02

Hi there
The exploration system is indeed here.

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2018-02-07 08:41:42

Hi.
Where can the radio stream be downloaded? I would like to hear this...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-02-20 14:04:58

You can't actually download a radio stream. You stream it, heh.

Either way, just a forewarning, new activity tonight!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2018-02-20 15:26:18

no archive for the last stream then?

2018-02-21 12:47:08

To be honest, I've never thought of archiving a stream.

I also have announcements for you to read!
Lara Stardust: hello folks! Your new activity, starship rescuing is here! Cruises, i.e, holiday cruises will always be something the upper class citizens wants to take part in. That is why in the recent years companies have begun to offer just that. Things do not always go quite right though. There are enemies in the black, pirates lurking in the unknown. Sometimes a cruiser will get invaded, or completely wrecked. for a small fee, companies hier civilians to help out with this job of recovering distressed ships. In this activity, which is one you can do along side another, you take your ship out into deep space and first rescue passengers, then tug a ship back to locals for destruction. The activity requires pacients, a knowledge of deep space, and slight ground combat. Pirates will not always spawn on a ship, but they might, so watch out. I've hopefully done it so you should gain a couple lvels, making it worth your time. In this activity, you will also see the first of a new system of ours, low gravity areas! These areas are exactly what they sound like, areas in which gravity is very low. Without gravity boots on, these areas will quickly become irritating, but with gravity boots on, you'll not notice a thing. I hope you enjoy!

[announcement] from Lara Stardust: ever wanted to be an earl ord a lord? Ever fancied yourself as a lady, or countess? Do you just want to be recognised as ruling lord of your factory? Now you can! cosmic Rage introduces titles. These titles, while largely rp based, are a new set of indicators that say the royalty of the game recognise your claim to, and right to, an area. There are currently two titles you can achieve: lord/lady, given to those who have reached artificial planet with a factory. Earl/countess: Given to those who have run a stable, defended moon base for 3 months. for more information on titles, see help titles. enjoy!

lots of spelling mistakes fixed, too

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2018-02-21 22:49:20

Wednesday, 21  February  2018 20:15 Lara Stardust: a mission a day keeps the vacus away, says stormy white scale. That's perhaps, why, a new mission is released! Called prisoner breakout, your task is to head into a vacus sector, clear the space, and then dock to a transportation station. Here, you must kill all the guards, and rescue the people. People range from between 100 and 300. The station is a transport station, that is teleporting people to a vacus holding camp at a rate of 5 per 15 seconds. Every 15 seconds 5 people are lost, and another mothership joins the battle. You will need hacking skill of level 3 or higher for this mission. To rescue the people, type rescue. It's as simple as that. Enjoy!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2018-02-24 01:40:52

Hello, everyone
First of all, I invite you all to log in over the weekend, because we have some super events going!

Next, I bombard you with some of the best changes so far to the game:

Wednesday, 21  February  2018 20:15 Lara Stardust: a mission a day keeps the vacus away, says stormy white scale. That's perhaps, why, a new mission is released! Called prisoner breakout, your task is to head into a vacus sector, clear the space, and then dock to a transportation station. Here, you must kill all the guards, and rescue the people. People range from between 100 and 300. The station is a transport station, that is teleporting people to a vacus holding camp at a rate of 5 per 15 seconds. Every 15 seconds 5 people are lost, and another mothership joins the battle. You will need hacking skill of level 3 or higher for this mission. To rescue the people, type rescue. It's as simple as that. Enjoy!
Wednesday, 21  February  2018 21:32 Lara Stardust: hello folks. Are you sick of the payment restrictions placed upon you by the horrible, mean hosting team? No worries! there's now a way around it. From the banking menu is a new item called substantial bank transfer. This will allow you to request for large amounts of cash to go from your character, to someone elses. Think of it like giving a cheque. Basically it will submit a request to us, tell us why you want to do it, how much it is, and then within around 24 hours, we'll either say yep, no problemo, or nope, sorry. Hope you enjoy. Hats off to dante, who coded the system. I just brushed it up.
Thursday, 22  February  2018 10:23 Lara Stardust: hello folks, with my small additions this morning, I'm pretty happy to say the message board system change is complete. The only noticeable different you will see is how posts are presented. they are now a lot tidier, have propper formatting, save the new lines people put in, and you can trace a conversation back to the beginning. As you read through, the posts go newest to oldest, and you get a confirm to read another post each time. There are also two new IC categories: chatroom: for having general IC chats, rather like a piloting facebook, and pilot announcements: useable if you want to put something up like, "I'm having a party on my station on friday at 10, come join me.". Thanks and as always,  I hope you enjoy.
Thursday, 22  February  2018 23:45 Lara Stardust: hello folks! In order to reduce the amount of grinding required, I have introduced a new bonus curve for alts. It works as follows. Note that in the explanation below, main refers to your first ever created character: If your main character was active in the last 4 days, and if your alt is less than 50 percent of your main char's level, your alt is eligible for the bonus curve. The bonus curve gives the alt 10 percent higher cash and point payouts for anything. So, for example, if your main is level 700, until your alt reaches level 350, he/she is eligible for the curve. Full hats off to Dealen who  inspired and came up with the idea, for this system. Enjoy and happy grinding, or something.
Friday, 23  February  2018 22:47 Lara Stardust: hello folks! As part of a quick sweep I did through chargen I've made it slightly less hassle to pick items when doing your step-by-step setup. You might agree that when choosing such things as colours, the list of over 150, while nice and expansive, can be rather long and sometimes, you just don't know! that is why, if there is more than 5 options, the moo now shows you the top five most popular, along with a more item. If you choose more, you choose from the full list. Hopefully this will make peoples lives easier. enjoy!

*All changes and announcements are now spell checked before they get posted
*spam on twitter has been reduced
*The home planets are now typo and spell check free, and others are being swift to follow
*background checks have been implemented to help tackle the typo catastrophe
*the website is being updated, so far with the activities page having been updated and the index page ripped out and revamped
*trash collecting now has some random rewards that you can get
*in chargen, the longer menus have been split, such that you now get a list of the 5 most popular, with an option to view the full list, and so reducing clutter and time
*an alts curve to make it easier to level up
* large bank balance transfers
*better message board formats
*as always, lots of bug fixes
* replaced one of the exit can't go messages with a better one
* with short changes turned on, more jargon is cut out when a change pops up
* healing nano-drone now respect the current health system.
* if cy-larkans spend too long in water, they do actually stop working and die now. It's not just a myth
* added an upgrade for automatic planetoid core collection
* in trash collecting, if you clear out a room completely, you now get a tidy bonus!
* in trash collecting, there is now a random chance when transferring that you might have found a gem. Depending on what item this is transferred from, will depend on what bonus you receive for finding it!
* instead of hostile environments killing you outright when you enter them with no spacesuit like an unsuspecting newb it now takes around 10 to 15 seconds, while your character struggles to breath and dies of suffication Isn't that just pleasant?
* pulse cannon damage is now shown in the weapons readouts
* when you type unarmour if you are carrying an armour bag, the moo now  gives you the option of loading any removed armour into said armour bag
* when you toggle pets to be quiet, they don't play with toys either, now
* lost and found box notifications only occur when you are logged in, now
* automated the lost and found box clearance
* in options, under social media, you can now choose to have the daily quote sent to you via dm when it changes
* the hoarder checker now only bugs you when you're logged in
* lowered the pass rate requirement on the pilot exam from 90 percent to 75 percent
* what you got on the piloting exam now shows in info

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2018-02-27 16:45:57

Sunday, 25  February  2018 22:46 Lara Stardust: hello folks. And with the conclusion of that event brings you the latest release , a new planet! Called Temreth she is a planet of many cities and many tails. There are three cities in total on the planet, each with their own story to tell, and items for you to buy. There is also a few new items for you to buy, such as a new lighting type, some new chocolate, jewelery and birds. There will be a wHelp file explaining Temreth's story in a little while, but, until them, have a look around, and talk to the NPC's most of them have something to offer, such as poison protection for armour, or trophies, ETC. I really hope you enjoy Temreth as she took a while to build, and has completely customised exits, the works. Thanks so much and I hope you enjoyed.
Tuesday, 27  February  2018 14:25 Lara Stardust: hello folks! Do you have an opinion? Of course you do! Do you wish you could provide feedback on something, without being forced to in a survey, or without having to gripe/ Gripes are so... gripe-like, after all. Sometimes, your opinion isn't bad. Perhaps you just want to say, "hey, brothers thanks for implementing this, that'll really help." well now you can. There is a new command, feedback, that lets you give feedback on either: 1. One of the last 20 changes. 2. One of the last 20 announcements, or 3. Something else. You can submit feedback of any nature, good, bad or otherwise, and we'll read it all. We always want to hear what you are saying, because we're nosy like that. So chuck us a feedback entry by typing feedback, and I hope you enjoy! full credit to Mileta who came up with the idea, and Charley who tested it. Again, enjoy!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2018-03-01 01:35:56

This post is huge, so am wondering  how to configure it with mush. I put in the address and port but this thing is asking  for an ip address which in my humble opinion it should not need as all I have is an address and port. Also, once a sound pack is created how easy is it to install into mush?

Take care I'm at level 2 but am stuck and don't know where to research the gems I have. Oops? I'll figure that out later.

Follow me on  my podcast twitter and feel free to listen to my music. Also subscribe to my youtube channel. Thanks.