2015-04-21 11:32:42

hi hello to everyone.
I come to ask you friends, the following:
I can install sint eloquence in ios system with jailbreak?
if I jailbreak my iPad I can install the eloquence sint or there is no such possibility. thanks.
cheers.

2015-04-21 14:57:40

Hi.
This question has been talked about on AppleVis for a while now. Unfortunately, you cannot install Eloquence on iOS with a jailbreak, sorry. Now that you mention this, the people at AppleVis did e-mail Apple Accessibility about this numerous amounts of times, but so far, nothing.

2015-04-22 15:45:59

Hi,
I told them that I want espeak and they told me they will forward my request to the apioprate people but nothin'

2015-04-22 17:28:43

That would be cool, although apple would likely have to run that through Nuance and I'm not sure if they'd agree with that. But who knows, it means more money, so maybe.
  On the other hand, we cannot get our hands on the apple voices for, say, windows phone, or at least not that I know of. So I wonder if it's just not possible to port synths to a different OS?

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2015-04-22 17:30:42

hi,
I saw espeak on android. Btw they could make it optional like the Alex voice

2015-05-10 22:34:07

eloquence on ios could be real neet

But sometimes the world is better without sight...
Because You can see the world how it really is...
Dark.

2018-01-31 19:19:53

I really wish they would add it. this is the only reason i'm still on android

"Heroes aren’t always the ones who win. They’re the ones who lose, sometimes. But they keep fighting, they keep coming back. They don’t give up. That’s what makes them heroes."

2018-01-31 19:44:51

Yeah, and if they added Eloquence to Mac, farewell to Windows.

2018-01-31 20:01:23 (edited by flackers 2018-02-02 12:25:58)

I'd love to know why eloquence seems to be so hard to get on stuff. iPhone has that Fred voice as an option, so why not eloquence? People always talk about it not being developed, but it isn't broke so doesnt' need developing. There are loads of human-sounding synths that are great for navigating systems and reading little scraps of text, but nothing touches eloquence for reading documents/books. I'm yet to find a natural voice that doesn't mash some syllables together making sentences jerky in a quick slow type way. Eloquence's sentence rhythm is flawless. I'd love to read books on my phone, but until it has a voice that isn't shit at reading proper sentences, it won't be happening.

2018-01-31 20:34:33

A TTS voice like Eloquence is just software and data, with that being said, if somebody like Apple or Nuance would commit the resources into implementing Eloquence on iOS, there's no reason why it couldn't be done.

2018-01-31 22:49:44

I think nuance is the only company that probably has the legal right to do that. I just don't see it happening though. They wouldn't be able to implement it into the OS like apple does with its voices, and iOS doesn't support third party voices as far as I know. That being said, I honestly don't know if I would buy it if it came out. I love eloquence on the desktop, but on android, it just sounds thin and reedy through that speaker. I love the Alex voice, so I'd be in a quandary on whether to get it.

I also can't distinguish a difference in performance if I use Alex, which is a powerfully large voice, or if I use Fred, so getting eloquence just to eek a bit more speed out of the phone doesn't really seem like it would work either.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-02-01 01:28:38 (edited by Orko 2018-02-01 01:32:05)

Legality aside, Nuance is probably the only people with access to the Eloquence source code so they'd be the only ones who could actually do it. And considering that it appears that they aren't expending any development effort on it, I seriously doubt they'd be inclined to.

I like the Alex voice too, so I was disappointed when I found that I couldn't get it for my iPad Mini.

2018-02-01 02:39:14

We don't want people using eloquence without paying so no NVDA addon, and we just acquired it so that we can charge for it, but yet we can't take the time nor effort to develop it and put it to good use.

That's basically what they're saying, you know. I'm not from Nuance, but if I was I would come out and say exactly what I just quoted above, because it's true. They're extremely selfish. They could make an IPhone version, but they won't because,

We're lazy and it would be too much work!

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-02-01 02:40:40

Hi.
They don't have alex on newer devices? I have alex on my iPhone 6, I guess I'd better hang onto it.
It would be nice to have eloquence on mac and iOs but I don't think it will ever happen. Eloquence is my favorite, it's the only voice I will use for NVDA. Something I've always found strange, is that the female eloquence voices don't have the high standards of the regular male voice. I've wondered about that when I use NVDA.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2018-02-01 04:19:48

I have an iPhone 7 and it has Alex on it.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-02-01 06:36:21

I wish they would add an option to remove Samantha. I also don't know what they were thinking when they added Fred. They both sound horrible!

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-02-01 07:47:43

To each their own, what might sound horrible, someone else might like.

I happen to like Fred, and eSpeak.

Not the default eSpeak, that one sounds robotic on a small speaker.

I like the Robert variant in NVDA with the inflection set to 100.

2018-02-01 13:15:20

I suspect that the alternative voices are only available on the iPhones and maybe the iPods but not the iPads. Strange.

2018-02-01 19:49:57

Android got it, so I it's sad that IOS doesn't have it. The only reason I'm on android is the Italian voice, reed...

"Heroes aren’t always the ones who win. They’re the ones who lose, sometimes. But they keep fighting, they keep coming back. They don’t give up. That’s what makes them heroes."

2018-02-01 21:14:22

Fred is their forment based one I think. I kinda wish the iPhones got the novelty voices just to screw with, nothing serious of course.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-02-01 23:15:15

I filed a bug with Apple, asking for Eloquence. Of course they gave us Fred. My main gripe with it is that it's way too quiet.

But yes, after all these years, Eloquence is still king. It's just not readily available, in no small part due to the complete lack of market appeal for it.

Which is sad.

Just myself, as usual.

2018-02-02 06:33:10

Doubt Eloquence will come to ios, but meanwhile it is actually usable on the mac.

2018-02-03 09:04:05

Somebody in here said that no apple voices are availaable for NVDA and such. However there is an addon somewhere that lets you switch to samantha. I don't think its very ood, and I think you have to pay, but I heard a sample of it from someone once.
As far as eloquance on IOS or OSX goes, I'm not sure I could ever switch from alex. I like eloquance on pc sure, but it just wouldn't feel right on an apple device. That is of course just my opinion though, others may feel differnt. Especially for my phone and texting, I wouldn't want a rebotic voice like eloquance reading messages, I'd prefer a more human sounding voice like alex. At times I do enjoy typing stupid things for the novilty voices on mac to say, but that usually is only for 10 minutes or so when i'm bored or something. Those would be kinda funny on IOS though, heh.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2018-02-03 10:26:33

Aren't Apple devices limited only to their own voices plus Vocalizer voices? As far as I know 3rd-party voices are not allowed on iOS or Mac OS, except if they're manually integrated in a particular application -- Voice Dream Reader is a good example. The inability to use ESpeak is one of the reasons that pulls me away from using iOS, and I'm mostly using Alex or Siri mail voice as a voice on my iPhone workphone, when I'm using it.

2018-02-03 15:34:23

If you could just get eloquence on Voice Dream, that would be enough for me. All I want eloquence on an iPhone for is to read books. Alex or the siri male voice do a great job of everything else, but like all the human-sounding voices they're not quite consistent enough to read big blocks of properly punctuated text in a way that I find acceptable.