2018-01-11 03:56:49

@Nocturnus
I think it really just comes down to finding that balance between making sure that as many players are having fun as possible while ensuring that things don't get too far out of hand. As far as the amount of these topics that are popping up surrounding this game, I personally don't see this as irritating/annoying. I certainly think that the amount of people who are wanting to share their negative experiences (the experiences that are genuine anyways) from playing should be taken as a sign that something needs to change. How many topics like this one have we seen recently? Enough to know that there are enough players who aren't entirely satisfied with certain aspects of the game. (the majority of issues centering around how the game is moderated)

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2018-01-11 16:24:19

the day they decide to take me up on the offer I stand willing to assist them,and then they'll have a game that rocked the ag net and overall audiogame world's socks off and didn't send their bloodpressure through the roof for all the wrong reasons.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-01-16 06:39:10

wow, this topic is still alive? I'm gonna start the post by clearing up a few misconceptions.
@blink_wizard: I happen to know what happened in this particular scenario. Basically the computer ID system used in bans falsely flagged your friend, the file was simply a script which returned a computer ID for verification. I personally don't know of many other instances where this was required, feel free to correct me though.
Also, I talked to the person placing bar bombs around the store, and to my knowledge he hasn't repeated this. I've since coded a system that makes it impossible to place certain items in certain areas, some things are still being worked out, however. It should be in the game for the next server restart, hopefully fixing that as well as many other issues. From what I know about them, admin stars were added as sort of a last ditch item. they've only been used a couple times, in instances where the game was becoming extremely unfair. As of right now developers are the only ones who possess the means of getting these items, and they haven't been abused. Again, feel free to correct me on this.

It honestly saddens me to see redspots current community and reputation, something I've been attempting to and will continue to try and change. the game has a lot of potential, and as of right now a lot of that is going to waste. I'm sure we can all agree many past situations could've been handled differently by players and administrators alike. In the past, and perhaps part of the reason for much of this reputation, there was no other action but the ban. No kick, nothing. so all administrators could do was just that. It was undoubtedly a pretty big problem that served to harm the games reputation down the road. My stance has always been for giving administrators more options in dealing with players, and great progress has been made with this.

I totally see where you guys are coming from as far as imbalance. this is one thing I'm extremely adamant about changing, and I know many others who are as well. the next update will contain measures to improve the balance, *grown* like the last 3? Your probably thinking. There'll be options not only for those wanting to establish power with bases and what not, but for those who want to simply come on the game and have quick fights with opponents having the same or similar stats. I've read posts in this topic and had pretty good discussions about problems that players are facing with not only Sam and beta members, but every-day players as well. We've hopefully come up with solutions that'll serve to make the game a better and more enjoyable environment for all. Many aspects are unclear right now, but we'll be posting them in the future, as opposed to making nearly everything a surprise which, as shown by past new releases, probably isn't always the best option. Ideas are always welcome, and I guess only time will tell.

2018-01-16 17:01:50

1 of the features in the next update we are coding that I will tell you all right now is the killingground map. Right now on redspot you just spawn on the battlefield. You spawn right into all of the OP teams and bases. This is changing. In the next update, you spawn on the killing ground. This is basicly the map in redspot pre bases. No one can build bases on this map because no wood spawns. Basicly you get to log in and make a few kills and log off. If your health gets above like 5000 or so, you will be put onto the battlefield with all the other players where bases and teams are. I have to go now to my next class, but I can explain more about this later. I will be writing a much better post later, this one was a bit rushed.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2018-01-21 22:04:54

hopefully this upcoming update will actually help fix the ballence of the game, not make it even more unballenced. also glad to see carter's in the team, hopefully we can see more things come out of the game with more devs to work on it

2018-01-21 22:25:45

Yeah, a dev not suffering from cranium anal insertion and who is actually skilled... now we just need to hope he can have the string to do what needs to be done. When I contributed briefly it was always "finish up and send me the code so I can edit it again" and dam any idea of a version control system because well, hackers.

2018-01-22 00:27:21 (edited by keithwipf1 2018-01-22 00:29:35)

Um, is it just me or is getting placed into the battlefield map when you have only 5000 health going to put you at the mercy of more powerful players?
I mean for someone like me who likes to power up, could this become, rather annoying?
Then again I don't know much if anything about the next update so what I may be saying could be completely wrong.

2018-01-23 17:30:55 (edited by cartertemm 2018-01-23 20:49:49)

@sorressean
After this update, I plan to use a version control system. As of right now, trying to maintain compatibility or merge beta and current branches would truly be a test from hell I simply don't wanna deal with.

@keithwipf1
I personally think being forced into the middle of the battlefield with 5K health far outweighs the alternative of being forced into a map with a bunch of people with 30K health. Just, don't use health items if you want to continue gearing. When in the killing ground, you can type /battlefield to get sent their, this will probably be the preferred way of leaving. 5K health is just a cap to prevent OP players from roaming around killing everyone over and over. While the code is pretty much done, some aspects still remain undecided.

2018-01-23 19:20:45

you know  there are not a lot of players with high powers right?    most of players don't know how to get to 5k health and then there will be no one for us to kill

2018-01-23 19:53:48

I think that’s a good idea, and maybe, I remember in BTB when you first made your char you couldn’t be hit by anyone until you typed /newbie, I think a system like that would be great for RS. Also health and shield caps would be nice, like in TK.

2018-01-23 21:01:08

@AlirezaNosrati
Sorry, but I don't exactly understand what you mean. People do this on a daily basis, and complain when players can't be killed because of the newbie flag. Getting to 5k isn't that hard.

@DarfVader
Redspot does and doesn't have caps. It does in the sense that after using a certain number of health items/shields, they will diminish, meaning start effecting you less and less. There is a cap, in that eventually each item will give you such a little amount that it's just not worth getting any higher.

2018-01-27 21:58:09

Thanks for explaining how that works.

2018-01-27 22:48:05

@carter
i mean,   getting to 5 k hp take's like  30 mins,   when someone got to 5 k hp and they  entered  battlefield map,     high stat players will kill them, but then high stats will have to wait for other players to reach 5000 health again       for example if someone want's to get a cannon, or a minigun, they must spend like 12 hours to get them

2018-01-28 01:34:52

True, and how would someone with only 5000 health be able to gear up against geared players before they were killed?

2018-01-28 10:57:11

they would be able to gear up, because firstly, the map is huge, and second, the playerbase of rs isn't that big and that won't change even if a new update comes out. People are able to gear up against powerful players, even now with the old system still in place if they're good enough.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-02-01 03:43:53

Yes but, if this new update comes out, there will probably be less players on the battlefield to kill and get achievements.
This means that any geared players with high stats who are determined enough are going to run you down if there is no other way for it.
It might work to add robots that can be killed or something...

2018-02-01 10:41:38

yeah, agreed with adding humans, robots or even  zombies! like, if you kill someone, they turn into a zombie

2018-02-01 11:32:39

keithwipf1 wrote:

It might work to add robots that can be killed or something...

It might work to destroy any sense to play this game. If you want to convert Redspot into an offline RPG with bots to raise character level by killing them, feel free smile Sorry for my expression, but I can not calmly react to such suggestions.

keithwipf1 wrote:

Yes but, if this new update comes out, there will probably be less players on the battlefield to kill and get achievements.
This means that any geared players with high stats who are determined enough are going to run you down if there is no other way for it.

In general, the situation "the highs are killing the lows to fabricate achievements" is abnormal. What are these achievements? Gear up on the islands and then just have fun?  If so, we shouldn't call it achievements at all. We should call it "power abusing". We have "combo abusing", right? Why "power abusing" does not exist? Meanwhile, combo killing is very difficult and require high personal skills. Try to get close to an opponent when he has a gun, you will fail on 9 tries of 10. Combos was the only one way for lows to effectively fight highs, and I do not understand why the administration began to consider them as a cheat.
We have health and shield limits, yes. It was good decision. But it often do not work as expected. Since the inventory is unlimited, a high can care hundreds of shields and use them in any moment to restore his shielded shots. This is also true for healing items. So, I think we need to give a property "weight" to all items, and then set the maximum allowed total weight that player can hold. This reform will not only limit HP and shields to expected values, but also will cause players to think strategically (select a set of items sutable to a specific task by comparing advantages and disadvantages of each set). Base storages should NOT be limited, and bases theirselves must become harder to destroy (now you can buy many throwing stars and some quods, and destroy absolutely any base, so there is no sense to build them anyway).

2018-02-01 14:09:05

Well...there was this time where I logged into redspot, and this SCM player was killing me over and over and over and over! I couldn't do anything,a nd I couldn't turn off the newbie flag because I was on a team. I even have a recording of how he was killing me. I talked to the developers about it, and the dev of redspot was even talking to me at the time. He got mad about it, but the only thing they wanted to do was: Oh, just wait for the next update that comes out. We'll add a more balanced system. BUllshit, you said that the other 3 times. Watch someone find a way to unbalance this system out like letting their health linger on 4K and kjill anyolne that comes online...

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2018-02-03 21:41:25

I am not suggesting an offline thing where all you do is kill robots, I am simply suggesting enemies that run around the map like robots used to do and give extra kills if you defeat them.

incase you didn't know there are real achievements, like the one where you can get a cannon.

And if you want to fight more powerful players more effectively, then power up which isn't hard if you know what to do and if you pick your time right.

2018-02-04 10:32:13

keithwipf1, I understood what you mean, but if we add bots to the game, it loses its sense like an online project. The main idea of Redspot is to fight against people, not against computer-controlled characters.
About achievements. Have you ever seen how a high gets a cannon? I have... The high simply walks across the map and shoot down low players, that's all. This is not a battle, this is beating babies.
About gearing up. We can become a high only using sky islands. But if the islands are blocked by other highs, there is no way to gear up. The newbie flag gives an apportunity to get not more than 10 bitcoins from the map, it is not enough to gear up.

2018-02-04 12:40:59

blink  you mean we should get banned or something because we have high powers? no,  that doesn't mean because someone worked a lot hard and got a lot of items should be banned

2018-02-04 21:47:50

@122, I think a newbie can't get enough stuff, because as soon as you try to  approach the sky when your newbie flag is off, you'll be probably  be killed in no time if some one is controlling it. The SCM is behing fair anyway, because they're not blocking nothing at all in the sky which is what people were doing before.
I tried once to go up in the sky while my newbie flag was on, but I didn't have a paracute so I couldn't get down and I had to make the road back, and I got killed by a person that was continuing to use combos on me LOL.
If the bitcoins spawning could encrease a little bit, we'll probably have benefits as newbies. Or who knows maybe by doing this will turns out that players can get bitcoins easily.

Paul

2018-02-06 03:27:25

at user 100
Firstly, the bots are not meant to replace anything they are just meant to be on if there is no one else to fight.
Like having a system where there can be up to 10 bots on the server and each player that is logged on decreases the number by one til they log off.
Wow, what you said about achievements makes it sound so easy. If you try it, you'll notice that, at least for me, getting a cannon takes at last an hour usually more, I've done it.

Maybe you can't get a lot of bitcoins if the sky tunnel if blocked, but 1 there is a small update now that helps reduce peoples ability to place things on the sky beam and 2, 10 bitcoins may not be much but it can get you going.
I was once able to defeat another player with nearly 80 kills (granted he probably wasn't the best fighter) with just a store based shipment.
If you know what to buy you can get a nice start.

2018-02-06 07:24:57

Seriously. You’re supposed to work for things like the cannons. An hour is nothing to complain about.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.