2018-01-24 14:36:33

This is a very annoying point., so I'm still playing with the old version 1.2a9

2018-01-24 17:24:49

@milos nop, this is the wrong place to check that.

At the main soundRTS branch, the creator only work at engine features, like more options to manage your army, like the suggestions of @拓海 and @zakc93, more options to have more programmatically posibilities to the campaigns, rules or maps, more features for the terrain, improve the UI, etc.

The content itself, is labor of some content creator, like pragma, the developer of blitzcrieg, or you.

@拓海 respect to your point, yep, is a interesting option. In other RTS, when you have a unit in offensive mode, the unit if have a enemy in your sight rank, but not fire rank, it automatically moves to get fire rank to try fire to the target. And if the target moves, automatically again try to reach the fire rank. Because that, the units have a mode called "fix mode" that is for units defending points. The units don't move to reach fire rank. only fires if a enemy enter to their fire rank, but not move to try catch it. The ofensive mode is the default behavior.
because that, fasts unit are good to catch enemies, because they can't scape of them. But for example, a slow unit, can follow faster attackers. The only think that i can't remember, if when a unit abandon it's point to follow a enemy, after loss or neutralise the enemy, the unit keep at the last point that it moved, or return to the previous asigned point.

Of course you have to have on mind, that with this behabior, the units can be traped. A enemi come to the sight rank of a unit, and get to the enemi move to its possision and next, move to put the enemi on a posission that various of your unit can destroi the enemy that follow your trap.

tongue

2018-01-24 23:16:25

Oh my wrong. Sorry for that. but great will be that in game is added  a different terain. for example: A1-plains. B1-hills and archers and catapults or any range units have advance when attack some units on plain, or knight gets bonus for attacking or defending when is on square of plain. A1. I hope that you can understand me, becouse english is not my native language

2018-01-25 00:39:29

sanslash332 wrote:

@milos nop, this is the wrong place to check that.

At the main soundRTS branch, the creator only work at engine features, like more options to manage your army, like the suggestions of @拓海 and @zakc93, more options to have more programmatically posibilities to the campaigns, rules or maps, more features for the terrain, improve the UI, etc.

The content itself, is labor of some content creator, like pragma, the developer of blitzcrieg, or you.

@拓海 respect to your point, yep, is a interesting option. In other RTS, when you have a unit in offensive mode, the unit if have a enemy in your sight rank, but not fire rank, it automatically moves to get fire rank to try fire to the target. And if the target moves, automatically again try to reach the fire rank. Because that, the units have a mode called "fix mode" that is for units defending points. The units don't move to reach fire rank. only fires if a enemy enter to their fire rank, but not move to try catch it. The ofensive mode is the default behavior.
because that, fasts unit are good to catch enemies, because they can't scape of them. But for example, a slow unit, can follow faster attackers. The only think that i can't remember, if when a unit abandon it's point to follow a enemy, after loss or neutralise the enemy, the unit keep at the last point that it moved, or return to the previous asigned point.

Of course you have to have on mind, that with this behabior, the units can be traped. A enemi come to the sight rank of a unit, and get to the enemi move to its possision and next, move to put the enemi on a posission that various of your unit can destroi the enemy that follow your trap.

tongue

yeah.
I hope the new version will be released at an early date
I'm afraid I don't have the energy to play

2018-01-25 01:35:40

@milos Don't worry. I still intend to add content to SoundRTS. It's just that the core gameplay is a priority. About hills, in the map jl5 there are squares named "plateau" which behave like hills.

@拓海 Sorry for alpha 10. I never intended to leave it in that state for such a long time. In June 2016, I got stuck trying to improve the AI, and never came back.

So, I will try to include the AI improvements, then I will try to fix the behavior of the units, and do more polishing, if it can be fixed. If it fails, I will just retreat to alpha 9. Maybe the squares are useful as they used to be.

At the moment, I am trying to get acquainted with the project again.

Don't hesitate to give more details about how you were badly surprised by the behavior of the units. Focus on describing the problem, so the solution might appear more easily.

2018-01-25 01:49:22

SoundMUD wrote:

@milos Don't worry. I still intend to add content to SoundRTS. It's just that the core gameplay is a priority. About hills, in the map jl5 there are squares named "plateau" which behave like hills.

@拓海 Sorry for alpha 10. I never intended to leave it in that state for such a long time. In June 2016, I got stuck trying to improve the AI, and never came back.

So, I will try to include the AI improvements, then I will try to fix the behavior of the units, and do more polishing, if it can be fixed. If it fails, I will just retreat to alpha 9. Maybe the squares are useful as they used to be.

Don't hesitate to give more details about how you were badly surprised by the behavior of the units. Focus on describing the problem, so the solution might appear more easily.

yay, great, You finally came out soundmud
I'll discuss some of the suggestions with my friends.

2018-01-25 02:02:47

SoundMUD wrote:

I hope you can add a Counterattack mode switch。
Your army will automatically run to into adjacent areas for counterattack when player tun on the counterattack mode.
your army can only defend The area in which it is located when player Turn off the counter attack mode
In this way, players will be free to choose every soldier's behavior

2018-01-25 03:28:47

When you the unit is grouped, the unit's moving speed is not synchronized

2018-01-25 03:36:18

After group formation Your unit, It is hoped that the moving speed of each group can be synchronized
This is limited to the unit of the group

2018-01-25 05:45:55

Hello.

Currently, I think the major bug of SoundRTS is the network desynchronization. Of course I guess it's not easy to find the origine of this bug that happens sometime. But we still fear this bug when we play. But I play only on the alpha9, maybe it's fixed on the alpha10?

About the new version, the vision of the adjacent squares by default can be interresting of course. But with this change, the gameplay becomes completely different on many maps. And I suspect that many players play always on the same map, or just on some usual maps. For example with some French players, we play always on the CAN5. In the same way, this new defaut vision requires bigger maps, but we know that SoundRTS becomes too slow when a map exceeds something like 225 squares.

So I don't really have an idea. I think that using the real distance is good, but maybe the adjacent vision by default may be deleted. And of course I forgot to say that this vision by default has inconveniences for the mods, because the vision of the adjacent squares is simply used like an advantage for some units.

Thanks.

2018-01-25 06:45:44

@milos as @soundmud said, currentli exist that. With higher scares, where ballistick units have a bonus for rank and damage tongue

@soundmud:

Sorry, i can't understand that. what are the problems with unit behabiours in alpha 10?
So, the last new things, like subscares, range based on metters and not scares, walls,, doors and group features all of them are good new features and works fine. ¿What are the problem?

Or at most me, i Love  this bheabior. with the previous system, units with adjasent range, have too mutch advantage, so now, with metters range, is more valanced that.

@拓海
I hope you can add a Counterattack mode switch。
Your army will automatically run to into adjacent areas for counterattack when player tun on the counterattack mode.
your army can only defend The area in which it is located when player Turn off the counter attack mode
In this way, players will be free to choose every soldier's behavior

i preffer change the ofensive mode too  follow and try to destroy any enemy at sight range, and add fix mode, that works for keep a unit in a fixed defending point.

@pragma

Currently, I think the major bug of SoundRTS is the network desynchronization. Of course I guess it's not easy to find the origine of this bug that happens
sometime. But we still fear this bug when we play. But I play only on the alpha9, maybe it's fixed on the alpha10?

network desynch? o... u... I have to play more, at the last match, we don't have any desynch. We play with alpha10r1 using crazy 9b9

And... that is all for now tongue

about the vision. well, I supose is that the units must have two ranges. sight range, and fire range (this last with a minimum fire range)
If the sight of a unit is more than the size of a scare, well you can see the adjasentscare. partially or full, depending the range of sight.

But well,  that is all :3

2018-01-25 07:46:15

@SoundMud just a sugestion of mine don't know if you did it before, but what about adding effect for give bonus armor temporarily to all units on a tile so we could make some kind of mage whose spells focuses on suporting allies? And the possibility to have ally effects works in other players allies to?

2018-01-25 10:39:22

SoundMUD, when you can could you check my PM

Paul

2018-01-25 14:19:10

It is suggested that the clergyman can treat the army in the neighbouring area.

2018-01-25 14:25:41

It is suggested that an add a skill can slow the movement of enemy units move speed or let even the enemy units can't move

2018-01-25 14:32:28

Some people suggest adding a negative state, such as poisoning, and increasing the related skills that can poison the enemy's units, and the effect is to keep Continuous decline in health, But there is time limit.

2018-01-25 14:37:07

Others suggest adding hunting to get food

2018-01-25 15:22:16

In this case, poison will be specially targetting units instead of squares?

2018-01-25 15:25:00

brian.kurosawa wrote:

yes

2018-01-25 15:36:06

brian.kurosawa wrote:

also can targetting squares.
As long as the enemy infects the virus, it will be poisoned

2018-01-25 20:00:57

Respect the suggestions:

1. scare supporting skills, are a really good option, but, remember guys, forget to skills and other things the scare concept. The game works with meters, so the effect works in a certain area of x metters surrounding the caster. but yep, the idea is so good.
2. About hunting. Em... Nop, I Prefer not, because that you change some focus of the game on that.
3. for the Poisson, paralysis or other stats, is a good option add these status as a chanse for the normal attack for a unit, and add the option to put these things in a upgrades. Like add 5% of poisoning the target for melee weapons. tongue
Same for directly skills that poison with 100% the target or other things.

2018-01-25 21:15:07

Hey sound mud, i ask you really to do everything you can to reduce lag from much meadows/objects in the game, when we with a friend had 100 units each the game laged, with good internet connection. Also. Please reduce the lag!

2018-01-26 08:43:11

Hi.
Wow, all those awesome suggestions... Maybe I should start playing the game again...
May I suggest adding a feature to the multiplayer part of the game? Make a system so online servers are automatically being detected, you can choose those from a list and connect to the available servers without entering a server host.
Oh, that reminds me about my server being shut down. I'm not sure if people really was playing on my server. I'm willing to put it up again if people are interested...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-01-31 04:49:31

@SoundMUD:
My main issue is still that someone often gets disconnected during a game; it's not very fun to build up to a big fight only for someone to be kicked out of the game. I'm not sure what causes this; it happens even when our internet connections are fine.
Another issue with the new setup is that invisible units with some range such as darkarchers can shoot into your square, but your detectors in your square can't detect them. Could you add a detection range so they can be detected when in a certain range even if they're in another square?
@Pragma:
Are you planning on updating the crazymod? If you do, please add versions of gates and/or walls to the different factions. Can't remember if this was only introduced in a10 or if it is also in a9.

2018-01-31 04:57:32

yes pragma, A flying building also can add to crazymod.