2018-01-14 16:52:59

No idea on the flash vo thing I'm afraid there socheat, though I do wonder if this also means that the Ios version is  inaccessible?

There is a new version of trials in tainted space that apparently works without flash, but sadly that's the game where the accessibility is still being worked on.

I do have some good news about the CoC revamp mod though.
The chief developer got back to me. It turns out the miner problem with adding access features is  she/he has a hearing impairment so screen  reader testing would be difficult. But  the issue is being passed along to the dev team via discord and I sent  link to Nvda in case  any of their devs want to try  testing things out.

Hopefully this means both games will have their buttons fixed in the future, in the mean time I'll try and give CoC a db page.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-01-15 00:37:56

I actually really enjoy this as an rpg in it's own right.  I even find a lot of the encounters so over the top and hilarious that I'm not disgusted by them.  Note I said most... big_smile

2018-01-15 01:53:44

Lovely! Can't wait to see the result in the future yo!

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-01-15 08:37:07

"Dan,  that is very much my feeling about Flexible survival and why I got into trying CoC, though I've not explored CoC as fully as I have the flexible survival games.

it's sort of interesting when there are so few text rpgs kicking around that two of the best happen to be with this sort of theme, but hay I suppose we can attribute that to looking outside the box.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-01-15 09:20:20

I used to play the original version of Corruptions of Champions.
I am very interested in playing this revamp mod.
I like Corruptions of Champions more than Trials In Tainted Space.

I play Trials in Tainted Space too, but a lot of things in this game is not accessible.
NVDA OCR helps reading Codex, but OCR can only do so much.

For some parts in the game the only way around is save editing.
One example of this is the part in which the player must disarm a bomb or the entire planet goes boom.
Now the disarming is in the form of some manual puzzle in which the character's stats do not matter as far as I know, it must be done by the player.
This is in a place tied to the storyline, so this is not optional unless I want to let destroy the planet.
I always save edit this part.
There are more situations like this.
I cannot do these puzzles and I only know how to save edit the bomb problem.

2018-01-15 10:07:25

I believe the revamp mod and Trials in tainted space button problems are related.
A developer of the revamp mod mentions that heavy use of mouseover text is imployed, which is likely the problem, since all of the methods I've used in Nvda, or indeed supernova for reading mouseovers aren't workiing, however I would imagine this is a relatively easy thing to fix (anyone who knows more about control attributes than I do, feel free to chip in).

Hopefully we can get it sorted out.

2018-01-17 11:55:00

would be great if you Keep us posted if there are any News and if the games are fully accessible and the Buttons are labelled. They seem to be awesome but from what i read here, it's looking not so bad regarding accessibility. BTW: I am amazed how frequent updates are for flexible survival. This game seems to get bigger and bigger with each update.

2018-01-17 12:01:26

I've had some very nice feedback about both games (most recently the revamp mod), so I'm hopeful that something will be happening soon, one reason I gave the original CoC a db page, but obviously these things take time to fix.

Oh and yes, Flexible survival is awesome with it's  frequent updates. I actually have considered giving a one off donation to the game, since while I don't think I can contribute to a monthly patreon I would like to pass on something nonetheless.
Then again I did buy a couple of starter items for the Flexible survival multiplayer game (you can find me on there as Nanite shifter Peri, oh and yes I did choose a name that could work for male or female given that my character started off as a man but frequently isn't).

2018-01-17 12:52:27

I do love all the wild transformations.  it really emphasizes the whackiness of the world.  Also the writing and descriptions themselves are very atmospheric. 
Tentacle monsters are a nightmare though.  I've yet to try an evil character on purpose though in COC

2018-01-17 14:49:56

I unfortunately didn't sort out save files in the game or realize you actually needed to officially save, so I've not got too far as yet.

I should give it a serious try though, after all I have played through a considerable amount of Flexible survival single player, and there the transformations are just as whacky, if not whackier, I particularly like all the npcs and there different stories, especially those that interact with each other and become real people rather than just targits for random erotic acts.

Oh and for anyone who hasn't sseen the news, corruption of champions now has a db page and you can find it here

2018-01-17 18:36:49

I've actually never played flexible survival, will check it out. 
waiting for my new laptop to arrive tomorrow or Friday, which will make gaming a far easier task.
This one has been screaming at me to let it rest for ages. big_smile

2018-01-18 05:01:37

Yaay! Now I'm happy! That's sure something to make my days go faster!

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-01-18 06:58:27

@dan flexible survival surprised me, both in it's single player and multiplayer varients how much fun it is, as well as how nice the community was (and completely none dodgy too). I'd recommend looking over both, indeed if I can remember enough wiki editing I will see about putting together a screen reader access page on the wiki.

@mata, fs might be right up your street, since while it's not strictly speaking zombocalypse, it's going in that sort of direction.

i do however need to play CoC seriously myself and see how far through the game I can get.

2018-01-22 00:44:28

Well I am pleased to say the issue with the revamp mod and reading of controls has been raised on Github, you can see the page Here
I added a comment and links to this forum, since it is likely there are people here who know better than I do how screen readers get their additional focus information about controls in programs.

oddly enough, it sounds like the labels are given in mouseover, but unlike mouseovers pretty much everywhere else, the mouseovers in CoC revamp mod are not being read correctly.
I tried both Nvda and Supernova in Ie and Chrome.

Hopefully though if it is just a mouseover problem, it can be fixed.

In other news with original CoC I have got quite a bit further and progressed with the game.
I started to get on better when finding the right weapons, though I'm thinking of restarting  one problem with CoC is it's possible to bugger up your interactions with npcs if your not careful

I also wonder if people have experimented on how teasing in combat works.It seems like a potentially interesting idea mechanically, especially since lots of enemies are physically tough but not so resistant to your charms, plus tease attacks level up the more they're used even if you need to flee combat.

I am also not sure what exactly the fantasize option does, unless that's some way of focusing your tease attacks and increasing damage since it didn't seem to reduce my characters' lust.
Sadly there is no basic combat mechanics guide on the CoC wiki from what I saw.

2018-01-22 11:57:44 (edited by Luel 2018-01-22 12:00:49)

I will be glad to see it work with screen readers again.
I would like to play the revamp mod.

The Tease attack gives more lust damage the skill is higher.

The Fantasize option is a way for the player character to purposefully raise their lust during a fight.

2018-01-22 12:31:13

@Luel thanks for that, it's odd there iso listing for combat actions on the wiki or similar.

Unfortunately I don't know if Trials in tainted space will be fixed access wise, but I do have hopes for the revamp mod since the devs do seem to be making a major effort to look into things, (I recommended they ask on this forum if they need more technical screen reader related info), and as they're still writing new content for the game and expanding it this could be  very good thing if the accessibility is fixed.

2018-01-22 16:33:42

Okay this business with the buttons is getting a little crazier.

I decided to try the stand alone flash player and couldn't get anything out of it at all. Supernova could read the basic text of both the CoC revamp mod and the standard coC, but Nvda couldn't get the text of either game which was craaaazy! I suspect Nvda's flash support is less complete than supernova's, or maybe there is a setting or addon in Nvda I missed that improves things?

I'll have a hunt around and see what I can find.

2018-01-22 18:37:29

I tried Trials In Tainted Space with stand alone Flash Player.
The only way I could get anything read by NVDA was by using OCR.
That was before the recent public build.

2018-01-22 19:08:20

I don't think the standard flash player is ideal for screen readers either way, it's best off to use a compatibel browser with CoC it seems, though I wonder if there is a difference on the formatting in the controls which explains why they are fine in original CoC and the opposite in revamp and Trials in tainted space.

2018-01-23 14:40:27

I actually play FS, not a lot butt still. Only mud though.

2018-01-23 18:13:54

The single player game has had some updates recently ,, actually the current pole for adding content has some awesome stuff in it so I hope several of them get added.

2018-01-23 18:22:49

Can't wait! I should get on the mud more, and give Coc another shot now that I'm back on track again.

2018-01-23 20:10:39

If you check out the mud, I'm there as nanite shifter peri, actually I'm running a combat while I  write this big_smile.

That's one thing I like about fs, the fact that it's a browser game and a mud at once and you can play it more or less casually at any time, indeed often even if I don't have time to login and do some full rp, I'll drop onto the web interface and just run a fight or use my  patrol points in social actions.

The single player is another beast entirely, though an equally good game.
With CoC I think I probably need to restart, especially once I've decided where I'm going with things, though I am giving warsim a try at the moment and probably should give the  erotic stuff a break.

2018-02-18 01:54:54

Oh wow, the web interface is accessible now? I remember once when it was not, ex. setting up AI stuff.

2018-02-18 16:43:42

Yep Orin, the web interface for flexible survival is completely accessible (accept for the graphical maps, lots of buttons and headings and such.
So long as your okay reading  you should be fine, I've tried it in ie and in chrome, though I prefer to play in Chrome with Nvda.

More questions please ask in the flexible survival topic.