2018-01-20 17:21:32

This post is kinda inspired by the fact that I couldn't find a main goto for a list of accessible plugins and how to access them.

Additionally, with my friend, who is my guitarist, having a studio with several different VST's from myself, this made me curious and with his permission, ran an evaluation copy of Reaper on his system with OSara and tried fiddling with his vst's, and so I have a fairly decent sized list.

For me, all plugins are opened in bridged mode with dedicated process per plugin.  I don't kinow why but I prefer this, seeing as it seems to  be more effective for me.

So let's get started.
Confirmed plugins:

Omnisphere 2
Works with review cursor i screen mode or object mode with the use of the number pad and clicking with and relocating cursor.     This also means all expansions like keyscape, trilion, etdc will work here too, for you can change presets banks, and select visible list and some other settings.  To navigate more presets, you will have to scroll with the mouse wheel.

NI Absynth 5 and Guitar Rig 5
You can navigate the presets with  OCR, but no names are announced when you move with the arrow keys, however it does change,  you will have to reload an instance of OCR to see new presets or categories.

NI Kontakt 5
A4M has a script that works with v 5.6.1 but I don't update since I've heard it won't work afterwards.

Addictive Drums 2
Can make some changes and preset selections with OCR.  You can also change kit pieces and presets, but it's limited.

iZotope Nectar 2 and Neutron 2
Once you find the presets menu with OCR, you can browse the subcategories with NVDA speech, using the arrow keys, however, the main category title is not announced.   It behaves like a folder tree though.

iZotope OZone 8
Once you find the preset menu with OCR, a dialog box will pop up and you can arrow through the presets with speech.

Cakewalk Dimension Pro
Use OCR to find the preset selection, and when you hit enter, a dialog box will pop up with speech.

Superior Drummer 2
OCR works okay with this in Classic Mode since all kit pieces are stationary, no matter the expansion selected.  Problem is, you have to use OCR to go to some menus to select classic mode, then from there, you have to find some text, move yoru cursor slightly above, and right click  and you will be able to read the context menus with speech for kit selection pieces.  The Learn button is also somewhat visible, making this exremely tricky but can be done.  Probably not worth the headaches though.

Upcoming:
We're still hard at work with Sibiac.  There seems to be something wrong with the fact that when you update WIndows, it did something and now Sibiac is not working properly, so once we figure it out, it will be ported, then further developed in Reaper.
Sibiac will bring  Guitar Rig, Absynth, Kontakt, Addictive Drums 2, and Addictive Keys  to Reaper with better accessibility for presets and some other functions.  Who knows what we will do with it in the future.  May make it easier to click on some things in Ozone, Neutron, etc etc.

Anyone else have any to list, please share.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-01-20 20:10:06

Wow, didn't know superior had a classic mode. I'm guessing it turns all the kit pieces into those hexagon shapes rather than realistic pics. Sounds very useful to know. Thanks. I'll have a look at how much is possible with Waves GTR as it's very affordable and all the menus are accessible if you can click on them. All the parameters show up in the parameter list, but they're not labelled in a way that is particularly useful.
This made me think that a useful NVDA add on would be something that works similar to hotspot clicker for jaws. Maybe an updated version of golden cursor. It would need to do a few simple things: assign a key command to an operation that checks the title of the focussed app, gets the position of the focussed windows top and left edges, moves the mouse to a grid coordinate relative to the edge positions, checks the color under the mouse position after moving, then performs a task such as left or right click, or even say text or announce a custom message based on the color. Even just moving the mouse then checking the color and left clicking would be extremely useful for opening menus and pressing buttons. Maybe an addd on like this already exists, if not, it should do because it's invaluable.

2018-01-21 03:51:29

Ok so can someone explain to me how OCR works?  No clue how to get it to work, is it the NVDA OCR plug in you guys are using?  Love that the Izotope Ozone is accessible, have wanted to use that!

I've noticed that SoniVox VSTs are accessible.  You can just tab down to the presets menus, and it lists all the different instruments there.  I have SoniVox Orchestra companion Strings, Brass, and woodwinds, and they all work in that exact same way.  I also have SoniVox's Harpsichord, session drummer, classic bass, big band percussion, and singles taylor acoustic guitar and they all work perfectly accessibility wise smile

I went a little crazy after finding out one SoniVox VST was accessible and just bought them all out haha.  Not the best, but pretty good VSTs!  Also The classic series of plugs works well, the free ones you can download form Mixcraft - classic delay, reverb, eq,  chorus, that entire set of plugs.

2018-01-21 03:59:12

Nexus2: It has presets as FXP files which you can normally load from Reaper's FX chain dialog. However, the FXP files must be modified so that they wouldn't be blocked by Reaper's FXP version checking function. I can upload my tool that does the processing if you wish. Importing expansions is possible by saving the required mouse positions, but other parameters' position seem to change every time.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2018-01-21 10:39:05

I had no luck with Waves GTR. The OCR found the words load and save which are the main preset menus, and I was able to navigate to them, but pressing enter on them didn't seem to open them. A lot of the amp controls were correctly labelled in the parameters list, but the stomps were just labelled slot 1 control 1, slot 1 control 2, etc, which isn't super useful but could be used to access the main effect you most want to chage, which in my opinion is the delay time and feedback. You'd just need to turn the bypass on and off for each slot til you found the one that was for delay, then you'd know which slot it was, then you could memorize the fact that control 2 is time, and control 4 is feedback. Same goes for the LayD feedback. Like I said the menus are accessible, so if you could get the mouse location for the load and save, you could achieve quite a bit.
As for the question of using NVDA's OCR, I found it awkward to get to grips with too. Maybe someone better experienced has a better method, but this is what I do. With the VST in bridged mode, which you select in preferences, plugins, compatibility, then change from automatic to dedicated process per plugin. In NVDA's screen review, I use numpad 7 and 9 to navigate around to try to locate the main window, which is just announced as blank. Then hit NVDA+R to OCR. Then it's a case of using numpad 7 and 9 to navigate line by line, 4 and 6 to navigate word by word, and 1 and 3 to navigate letter by letter. When you find what you want, you press enter on it. You then may need to OCR again if you've changed something like a view or list. It's all about getting the focus into the right place. It'd be nice if you could OCR the whole window or screen in one go like with jaws, but jaws's screen OCR isn't as accurate as NVDA's.

2018-01-21 10:48:11

flackers wrote:

Wow, didn't know superior had a classic mode. I'm guessing it turns all the kit pieces into those hexagon shapes rather than realistic pics. Sounds very useful to know. Thanks. I'll have a look at how much is possible with Waves GTR as it's very affordable and all the menus are accessible if you can click on them. All the parameters show up in the parameter list, but they're not labelled in a way that is particularly useful.
This made me think that a useful NVDA add on would be something that works similar to hotspot clicker for jaws. Maybe an updated version of golden cursor. It would need to do a few simple things: assign a key command to an operation that checks the title of the focussed app, gets the position of the focussed windows top and left edges, moves the mouse to a grid coordinate relative to the edge positions, checks the color under the mouse position after moving, then performs a task such as left or right click, or even say text or announce a custom message based on the color. Even just moving the mouse then checking the color and left clicking would be extremely useful for opening menus and pressing buttons. Maybe an addd on like this already exists, if not, it should do because it's invaluable.

Well, the classic mode turns all the kit pieces into squares and they line up on a grid.  Problem is,  getting to the initial arrow button to click on the context menu is tedious and much smaller than in   the original mode.

Sibiac uses a  programming language that does exactly what you are describing  with the parameters and moving of different values, colors, etc etc.  That's how we programmed SIBIAC.    Problem we're having is, for some reason, since WIndows 10 Fall update, the OCR is not working very well with layer menus.  IT works with Guitar Rig, Absynth, and even the X-Touch editor for loading presets.  We have on the forums that if anyone is good with NVDA coding, please help us.  We want to get this ported not only for myself, but for other users.

Once we get it figured out, we will be porting all the preset configurations over to Reaper that I used in Sonar, and there were plenty.
- Addictive Drums 2 is practically completely accessible except for  FX
- Guitar Rig 5
- Absynth 5, same as guitar rig
Session Drummer 3
- Dimension Pro
- Cakewalk Sound Center
- All Cakewalk Studio Instruments

One thing I did to make Ozone 8 a little easier to use is, I load the plugin in VST3 mode so it loads within Reaper's  plugin  menu or whatever, and I maximized the window and created a Golden Cursor  clickable location to load the preset list.  It also works for Neutron as well.

I think if Spectrasonics ever made a VST or expansion for Omnisphere 2 that does  traditional strings, brass, woodwinds, and concert/world/orchestral percussion, they would be a gold mine for just about everyone.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-01-21 19:54:02 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2018-01-21 19:58:03)

hi, do you mind if I add all of this to the www.reaperaccessibility.com wiki?
I do have some already in there

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-01-21 19:55:58

ah, by the way i do have a pack that was distributed long ago with the converted prsets for pretty much all of nectar elements, just have not linked them to the wiki yet. i think I am using latest kontakt, versions 5.6.8 or something of the sort. It came out about 5 months ago and the AHK set by a4m (gianlucca) works fine. I do not need to use them in a separate process

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-01-21 21:48:29

A few more to add to the list:

The iZotope DDLY Dynamic Delay and iZotope Vinyl plugins are all properly labeled from the parameter list. The DDLY plugin allows two different delays to be applied to the same track, and can be downloaded as a trial if you want to see it for yourself. The Vinyl plugin is free, and adds a vinyl noise effect to the track which you apply it to.

The Sugar Bytes Unique virtual synthesizer is a virtual synth that specializes in vowel sounds. The parameters are visible in the list but are not labeled, but the preset list is accessible from the dropdown list that is found in the FX chain window. It can be downloaded as a trial as well.

Versilian Studios makes a tun of free and extremely affordable plugins that all seem to be fully accessible. I've purchased a couple and have all the free ones, and have had no issues with the standalone versions, and I believe there are Kontakt versions of many of the plugins as well. However, note that the VSCO instruments are strictly Kontakt instruments, except for the community edition which is a free library of raw wave files from the Kontakt versions.
http://vis.versilstudios.net/products.html

Los Angeles Based musician, blogger, and programmer.
https://artistibarra.com/

2018-01-21 22:33:58

flackers wrote:

I had no luck with Waves GTR. The OCR found the words load and save which are the main preset menus, and I was able to navigate to them, but pressing enter on them didn't seem to open them. A lot of the amp controls were correctly labelled in the parameters list, but the stomps were just labelled slot 1 control 1, slot 1 control 2, etc, which isn't super useful but could be used to access the main effect you most want to chage, which in my opinion is the delay time and feedback. You'd just need to turn the bypass on and off for each slot til you found the one that was for delay, then you'd know which slot it was, then you could memorize the fact that control 2 is time, and control 4 is feedback. Same goes for the LayD feedback. Like I said the menus are accessible, so if you could get the mouse location for the load and save, you could achieve quite a bit.

If I had Waves GTR, I'd help you get this problem knocked out lickity split.  I've gotten really quick and useful with  mapping, plus I have sighted assistance on the float with friends or family on an instance, so I could get that to you  in a matter of minutes if I had it.

e

UltraLeetJ wrote:

hi, do you mind if I add all of this to the www.reaperaccessibility.com wiki?
I do have some already in there

Please add them.  As much help as I can offer, I will.  I will also update  people with SIBIAC information as soon as it is ready. 

Another project, similar to how I used AZ Controller will be in the works as well.  This will be a hardcode solution or a self-installer that will allow us to use a Behringer X-Touch Compact control surface customized, with Reaper and provide speech feedback, most likely through SAPI5 unless we can get it to work with NVDA.  I used a setup like this with Sonar X3  but the  termination of Sonar kinda threw a monkey wrench in further development for it. 

personally, I don't have a whole lot of plugins, but if I can get a hold of any, I will definitely try.  Unfortunatrely, I am not made of money. Ya know how that goes.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-01-22 13:08:07 (edited by claudiogaranzini 2018-01-22 13:08:50)

Hi all! Any suggestions for a good FM VST Synth we could use also for uploading DX sounds? I Know DEXED is a good one but we can't upload banks in it. Thanks a lot.

Claudio

2018-01-24 05:51:52 (edited by x0 2018-01-24 05:54:13)

I like synths, things like sylenth, which exposes everything in the params list, or fm synths, and plogue plugins. Plogue plugins sort of half work, sometimes you have to bridge them, other times not, if you object nav and find the plogue xml GUI element you can generally use review cursor to read it, as long as you haven't played a note since the opening of that fx chain window, at least with chipsounds. It half works, I can select presets with nothing but the review cursor and NVDA+enter, but the sequencer and such doesn't seem to work, like I told it to load up a sid drum preset but couldn't get it to apply. Also chipspeech is virtually unusable due to the tabs and stuff that they did which breaks the accessible GUI thing. And the A4m scripts don't work with the new sforzando. Also, for people who like soundfonts and wish to use them, this is sf2 not sfz, google bass midi vsti, there's a kvr audio thing about it. He just took bassmidi and made a vst instrument for it, supports system messages though maybe only through the params list, the window is actually fairly accessible even docked inside the fx chain, you click a configure button and can load up some soundfonts and check some boxes and it just works. Multitimbral if you're willing to work with that, try not to multiload it.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2018-01-28 02:07:32

@10.
I finally! added all that was discussed in this page.
take a look and let me know if I have missed anything

2018-02-04 07:28:32

Hi.

Is it necessary to have Windows 10 to have NVDA with OCR?
Is there an add-on that does it?
I ask this because I have a lot of VSTs that open in a bridged window, and I can't read anything using NVDA's review cursor.

Yamaha YM2608

YOU
SAY! - Sonic the Hedgehog CD (Dec 4, 1992 prototype)

2018-02-04 12:55:21

Is it possible for someone to record a demo of using omnisphere and keyscape, navigating presets past  the scrollable ones, etc?

devin

2018-02-06 21:39:53

Hi was wondering if anyone has or knows a way to make
Cableguys plugins & addictive keys accessible

Am using daw reaper & nvda

Thx

2018-02-07 04:11:27 (edited by Dekyo-NEC2608 2018-02-08 22:49:59)

I tried KORG Legacy,  but when I modify some parameters they do not cause any effect.
Example, with KORG MS-20. It is a monophonic (or polyphonic) analog synthesizer from the 70s.
There are some presets that are polyphonic, when I modify the parameter that is used to change the polyphony, I can not do it even though I used the slide bar in the corresponding parameter. It is something strange.
The same happens with other parameters. Almost all parameters have a name, but some do not.
Not only happens with MS-20, it also happens with MonoPoly and Polysix. they are all from KORG Legacy.
Regarding WaveStation, LegacyCell and M1, there are no problems.

Yamaha YM2608

YOU

2018-02-07 05:45:47

interesting info. Added it as well. just out of curiosity, have you tried setting those parameters in the ms 20 and legacy with text? for example in most cases 0 is of, 1is on, or just typing on or off on the text box. Sometimes it works, others it does not.

2018-02-07 09:29:52 (edited by Dekyo-NEC2608 2018-02-08 22:52:48)

Typing numbers in the text box does not work, but I do not know if typing "On" or "Off" will work.
In this case, the polyphony parameter by default is set in "Mono", and when I modify it it should change to "Poly".
Some parameters are just numbers, but I do not get anything typing in the text box.

Yamaha YM2608

YOU

2018-02-07 17:47:11

sirpdex wrote:

Hi was wondering if anyone has or knows a way to make
Cableguys plugins & addictive keys accessible

Am using daw reaper & nvda

Thx

I have golden cursor locations for Addictive keys, and with that, and OCR you can navigate all your presets  or so it seems.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-02-08 00:58:26

I tried to modify the parameter with letters instead of numbers in the text box, and it did not work... sad

Yamaha YM2608

YOU

2018-02-08 13:40:12

Thanks bud
Did not know about any of nvda plugins

Being back on a pc is new & weird to me

2018-02-08 23:11:41

I installed the two plugins ocr & gcl
But they don't seem to  do anything

2018-02-08 23:11:56

I installed the two plugins ocr & gcl
But they don't seem to  do anything

2018-02-09 00:22:00

H WIth NVDA and Windows 10, you just press NVDA + R and it will review the contents of a screen for you.    GOlden Cursor requires you have the cordinants for the   mouse positions.  I can paste the cordinants here if you need or wnat them, there's a few and you have to follow an order for them to work properly or it will nto work at all.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel