2018-01-16 13:37:05 (edited by ambro86 2018-01-16 13:39:31)

cw wrote:

To me, the first person point of view of this game is one of the things that make this game so good. I find that following the roads when you see them helps a bunch. Using beacons also help. Anyway, has anyone thought about using the map feature to place usefull beacons? That may help some seeing that the map will give you a quick top down look. Just use the m key and move to where you want your beacons and then place your beacons. Then you leave the topdown feature and navigate to the beacon. Just a suggestion. HTH.

Hello CW, yes, I've finished this game and used in complicate areas the map and I've created beacons using the map. For me though will be more intuitive to have the other navigation mode I've talked about. To someone that is scheptical about it, I say that you have to try it to say that is worse or not.
In particular have the orientation mode I'm talking will help about to remember in which direction you are going and know where you have to go to continue exploring an area.

2018-01-16 14:35:28

Hello,
I just wanted to say thank you to the person who helped me with the purchase of AHC. (You know who you are). I've been a fan of rpgs in general for years now and I do look forward to playing the game. Its good to see that there are still people who are willing to help others in this way. I'll try to keep it brief, but I just wish to encourage these that can do it to try and help others. We can all play the game, have fun and have a good time without resorting to cracks.
And with that, I just wish a good day to all!

2018-01-16 15:00:43 (edited by threeblacknoises 2018-01-16 15:01:25)

RTT, are you using JAWS?
If so, the game's probably trying to tell you that you can't run, but the next character's menu comes up so fast that Jaws doesn't have time to tell you.
The next time it happens, press control shift L and check the last few lines of the steach log, or just press shift backspace a few times.
If you don't see a line that says something like, you couldn't run away, please e-mail this error to [email protected] so they can look into it.
Later!

2018-01-16 16:50:44

threeblacknoises wrote:

RTT, are you using JAWS?
If so, the game's probably trying to tell you that you can't run, but the next character's menu comes up so fast that Jaws doesn't have time to tell you.
The next time it happens, press control shift L and check the last few lines of the steach log, or just press shift backspace a few times.
If you don't see a line that says something like, you couldn't run away, please e-mail this error to [email protected] so they can look into it.
Later!

This isn't just a JAWS issue. It always happens when you fail to retreat, and nothing is spoken or displayed in speech.log until the battle log pops up. There's also some weirdness where if you do manage to retreat on your second or third character, the retreat fail messages will show up in the next battle log you get, even if it's in a new fight. I have already reported this to the team by email, I believe.

2018-01-16 17:10:26

I've got a question, without giving anything away, is it possible to get to a too high level to complete some of the early quests? I've been doing gthe graveyard quest and wolf pelt quest, and my characters have levelled up a lot and i'm no longer getting attacked by wolves in the wood.

2018-01-16 17:48:12

About the navigation issue, I agree with Jade and others who suggest keeping the navigation as it is.
@ambro86, the reason this is not the way the navigation is is because AHC is a first person game from the player perspective, not, as others have said, a top down game like Manamon or Shadow Line. The current navigation system will especially make sense when graphics are added. Redesigning the navigation system would also require more coding and I think the team is already busy enough with bug fixes and ironing things out not to have to add an entirely new navigation system to the game. As has already been said, this is more realistic moving behaviour, as in real life you generally keep your eyes in front of you and so moving sideways will obviously be slower. Just reember that when we say that developers should add something o other, it's not as easy as all that... and adding a whole other navigation system would be an unnecessary extra, in my opinion.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-01-16 18:44:07

2Hayde You're creating a game? if you need anything for it like voice actors or beta  let me know  email me privately I'm curious of the premis

2018-01-16 18:58:35 (edited by Loxias 2018-01-16 18:59:16)

ZK wrote:

I've got a question, without giving anything away, is it possible to get to a too high level to complete some of the early quests? I've been doing gthe graveyard quest and wolf pelt quest, and my characters have levelled up a lot and i'm no longer getting attacked by wolves in the wood.

Minor spoilers ahead:

You will still occasionally encounter dire wolves in the forest, but it's true they are less common at high levels. There's the wolf den quest from Jonathan the Hunter if you haven't done it yet, that should get you a few pelts, especially if you save before each den and do them each a few times, resetting until you get a decent number of pelts. It would be nice if there were more higher level wolves though, like werewolves, or roaming alphas, or some other wolf beasty. I have a feeling that quest is not going to be fun when I do new game plus.

Spoilers end

2018-01-16 20:07:35

Hello everybody.

Please help me once more. I am looking for the damn gatehouse to release the prisoners from their cells in the goblin dungeon. I looked through this forum and found that the gatehouse must be very close to the great bridge and that it is tricky to find. I tried my best for hours but could not find it.

Please help me!

Thanks a lot and kind regards from Daniel.

-------------

What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine too
If you shake my hand better count your fingers  (Megadeth)

2018-01-16 20:10:49

My character is level 72 Mage on easy difficulty.
I encounter Dire Wolves in the sewers quite often.
I remember having trouble in my first playthrough because bandits stopped appearing and I was stuck in a quest.
I am not sure if it happened because of my character's too high level.

2018-01-16 20:34:49

Hello. is there a way to see how much mana and hp and stuff is left during battle?

2018-01-16 20:41:45

Yes. In the menu, Chose the item "examine Party". There you can find all the current stats.

-------------

What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine too
If you shake my hand better count your fingers  (Megadeth)

2018-01-16 20:53:16

Ok, i've done the alpha wolf quest, but not finished the pelt quest, i've got 16 pelts,  and haven't come across any more wolves in ages.

2018-01-16 21:20:41

so at lvl like 29 i beat the game save for a few side quests how do i start over and still maintain my skills from before?

2018-01-16 21:23:45

I wonder how many times you can restar the game with your char

2018-01-16 21:34:10 (edited by Loxias 2018-01-16 21:34:32)

You can also press ctrl H, ctrl M, ctrl S to view current HP, mana, stamina for the party member whose menu is currently displayed in battle.

Endgame
Spoilers
Ahead

I imagine you can start a second game with your character as many times as you like? I doubt anyone's had time to reach a limit if one exists. Do so by going to the south gate of Farhaven. Be warned however that there is currently a bug with selecting the same class as you were last time. I've been told it will be fixed in the next patch, but I advise you to either wait or pick a different class until such time as the patch is available.

2018-01-16 21:47:18

ah okay cool thanks.

2018-01-16 22:09:39

Possible
Spoilers
Ahead
So I've found five out of the seven bandit camps. All of them were on the east side of the map (one north of the river, one near the lumber yard, two on either side of one of the trails and one right near the east end of the Ancient Road). I'm trying to pin down the last two but the trails on the western side yielded nothing, and although I hear a fire near the ruined temple I see no campsite. Can I get a few pointers?
Spoilers
End
Here

2018-01-16 22:33:56 (edited by ambro86 2018-01-16 22:39:32)

assault_freak wrote:

About the navigation issue, I agree with Jade and others who suggest keeping the navigation as it is.
@ambro86, the reason this is not the way the navigation is is because AHC is a first person game from the player perspective, not, as others have said, a top down game like Manamon or Shadow Line. The current navigation system will especially make sense when graphics are added. Redesigning the navigation system would also require more coding and I think the team is already busy enough with bug fixes and ironing things out not to have to add an entirely new navigation system to the game. As has already been said, this is more realistic moving behaviour, as in real life you generally keep your eyes in front of you and so moving sideways will obviously be slower. Just reember that when we say that developers should add something o other, it's not as easy as all that... and adding a whole other navigation system would be an unnecessary extra, in my opinion.

Hi Assault, I do not understand this a priori preclusion. I do not think the type of game is a problem, not even the graphics. As I have repeatedly stated this would be an option to be activated or not. Moreover, even with this option enabled there would be no problem for the graphics, because, for example, if I press the right arrow, then the character will turn his face to the right, just like when you press shift a or shift d and choose right.
My insistence is motivated by the fact that I tried several times with different techniques also mnemonic, but this navigation system I find it less intuitive. I do not understand why to block a proposal a priori. In the case that Joseph thinks it is too difficult or expensive to add then I would understand it. Also I think it is a proposal that does not harm anyone, in fact, once implemented I think it can be of help to everyone, of course for those who want to try it.
My insistence is also given by the fact that I like this game a lot, and I would like to be able to play it more than once, with a system that would give me further satisfaction. In case it is not implemented it is clear that for me there would be less satisfaction, so I would spend less time.
Cheers,
Ambro

2018-01-17 00:53:24

It's a whole lot more work for something that isn't needed, that's why. Pure and simple. I hate to sound harsh, but there it is.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-01-17 03:30:21

Still stuck on the bandit camps. I've done six now but the seventh is eluding me, and I know it has to be near the road but I can't bloody find it... I swear one of them has to be west of the road but all the ones I've found are east of it...

2018-01-17 03:30:24

Hello. Please, I know that its probably easy quest, but Any little tips where should I find other pieces of broken amulet to complete quest Trouble sleeping? Thanks for reply. Only area where should I start search.

2018-01-17 03:41:14

Hey what should i pair with mage any suggestions? cleric warrior or thief maybe ranger i don't see as a viable option as a second class. any thoughts?

2018-01-17 06:35:33

I've managed to finally kill the hydra.
it took me several trys.
I still would like an intire walkthrough for this game.
I also would like a quest list explaining on how to complete each quest but make sure you add spoilers to each quest on how to complete it.

2018-01-17 06:59:48

Most quests will tell you what you have to do if you go to your quest log. They won't tell you where, but if you explore and talk to people and investigate items and new places, you'll find most things. They're pretty self-explanatory. Congrats on beating the hydra though.

Regarding the bandit camps, I'm pretty sure there's one near a plateau on the west side of the map. Could be wrong though, that might just be a cache.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1