There's an update, with some of the issues people have reported being fixed.
Notice, though, that the sounds and voices are still the same, and the general feel hasn't really changed. So if anything in the below changelog is what gave you trouble, maybe try again. If you didn't like it for some other reason, you should probably skip this one.
Oh, and another important thing: online has not been fixed.
Replace the existing exe file with the patch:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9y2y … lVmcndKbVU
Changes in 0.4b:
- The BGM goes back to normal after the encounter in tutorial 1.
- That combo that trips everyone up should be fixed.
- Keyconfig should now tell you what key a button is set to.
- Removed some debug cheats that controllers were accidentally triggering.
- Lan-Long should now make sounds while idle.
- There is now an extra message in the tutorial remix to emphasize that the qi button can be used to open doors.
- Should now be a sound to indicate when instructions or dialog starts.
- Expanded joystick deadzone a little.
- Hopefully fixed the bug where you could pick up a broken crate before it disappeared. This was making it very frustrating to pick up the items that fall out of the crates.
- Fixed an error in one of the secret levels which would cause the game to crash if you were airborn.
- You should no longer hear a knife on the ground if you picked up a second one.
- AI in 4-3 wasn't behaving as I wanted, so it's been tweaked a bit.
- Attempting more lag-reduction measures.
- The audio is no longer screen-locked. The Braille should still be framed correctly.
- Some minor changes to tutorial messages, mostly to add information such as the radar.
- A sound should play when dialog or instructions are finished.
- Hopefully fixed the problem where too much qi in the lower gauge allows some enemies to cheap you to death. Triads and Yakuza were especially bad about exploiting this.
- Set the points you get for defeating some enemies, who previously only gave you your last streak and nothing else.
- Changed the way the nostun flag works, so that enemies can be completely unstunnable. Hopefully this will make the Steel Rover more challenging, since that was how I originally intended that to work!
- There was a bug where ninjas who stole a defeated opponent's identity would sometimes move in very strange ways, teleporting and sliding through the ground and such, making them nearly impossible to hit. Hopefully, this has been fixed.
- Character select should now speak characters' levels and scores.
- The alternate endings should be properly separated, now.
- The bug where certain important interactive objects stopped playing sound if they went off screen has hopefully been fixed.
- A ledge/slope detection sound should now be available. You can toggle it from the pause menu, if you'd rather turn it off. It plays when you hold forward to walk or run, but not on your first step, so be careful.
- It should now be easier to cancel out of a dash by crouching.
Oh, I also tried to record a Letsplay of the whole thing, but not sure if it's worth uploading, given the sounds / beta Vs spoilers / etc. Also I have no idea how to convert .ogg files to Youtube videos
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."