2018-01-09 19:50:24

Just a quick update to let people know that they should falll  in! ten hut!
You are the  sorriest, wimpiest bunch of weedy wet nellies I've ever  have the misfortune to meet! you won't get through basic training! You won't get through advanced training! you won't get through steam training! you won't even get through thomas the tank engine training! you haven't got a hope! so why don't we forget all this military nonsense and just get back to games/

Hmmm,  having to reorganise over 50 different rank titles seems to have given me a case of rsm syndrome, that is random sergeant moments, a rare and unpleasant medical condition which can only be solved with a sergical drill.

anyway, as people might have noticed, the ranks have now all changed and been reshufled in accordence with the recent competition Read about the results here, for the complete list and explanations of what is where see The site and forum faq  found here

Hope people like the new ranks and organisationn, fortunately adding more in the future should be easier, so expect more chances to earn custom titles with more rank competitions later in the year.

Lastly, a few of our industrious winners haven't claimed their custom titles yet. Angel, Mastodent, Mirage, saiteja, and Ethin, so feel free to reply to either this thread or the previous one and let us know what you'd like.

Now quiiiiiiick! march! 
Left right, left right, up down, north south, east west in out in out dshake it all about!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-01-09 21:15:00

I blame the hoky poky.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-01-09 22:25:46

Hoky Poky indeed?

In England poking people is considered rude! but don't feel bad, this is something Mrs. Dark cannot get right either, though she has the timmerity to suggest that I! have the name wrong big_smile.

See wikipedia to find out why i'm write ,

Btw, I find it amusing that it's apparently the Hokey Pokey in the states, the Hokey Cokey in britain and the Hokey Tokey in New Zealand.

of  course to the vikings it was  known as the Hokey Loki, and just before Krakatoa exploded I am sure the islanders were dancing the traditional Hokey smoky?

I'd better stop with all this Hokey Jokey before someone over punches me in the nose and it gets Hokey Brokey big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-01-10 03:27:23

Great to see the new ranks changes. Gonna go have a look in the site and forum FAQ.

2018-01-10 03:46:52 (edited by SirBadger 2018-01-10 03:49:03)

can't blame the hokey pokey.  after all, that's what it's all about.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-01-10 05:38:25 (edited by keyIsFull 2018-01-10 05:39:13)

why is there no rank for 9200, 9400, or 9600 posts in the site and forumFAQ, it goes from9000, to 9800.
Also on the topic of the FAQ, question 24 is mislabeled as question 26 when you scroll by the headings, so it goes 23, 26,25, 26, 27... etc

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2018-01-10 12:13:43

There are no ranks for 9400 or 9600  for a very good and obvious and logical reason that has absolutely nothing to do with Dark miscalculating big_smile.

Since however it's only going to affect one member to my knolidge, I'm probably going to leave that until we've had another competition or two and got some more rank titles.

The eventual plan is to have a rank every 100 posts, though we will need to do it in bits.

I am also wondering if ranks about games which are %100 unplayable should be changed, after all it's one thing to have a rank about classics like Shades of doom, terraformers  or Jim kitchin's games which people can still go and download and play, but quite different to have a rank about solara, pappasanga or rail racer which manifestly aren't available, but that is something to think about for the future.

2018-01-10 21:56:21

Hmmm I am not sure about all the 9600 9400 9xxx.
But something with serial ports or boardrates come up.
hmmm something like retro serial board master.
Something like that.
or 9600 n 8 1.
Something like that, no one in his right mind will know what that is unless like me he started back in dos with a 386 though.
No one handles old coms now.

2018-01-10 22:20:45

there should be a 2600 rank, something like, Atari Tyrant.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-01-20 16:23:52

It's a pity that the 7th code hacker rank requires so many posts, that's one I'd love to have. That's a bunch of amazing new titles, thanks!

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!