2017-12-28 15:29:19

@24 NVDA is not a 32 bit app, actually its a hybrid app. The nvda.exe is 32 bit, but the nvdahelper.exe is 64 bit and they communicate with each other. Also, why the hell not, everything else is transitioning to 64 bit, yeah there's challenges in it, but figure it out ffs.
And, oh my god, if I wrote out the issues in detail, all the bugs, all the things that make this game an arcade game rather than a flight simulator, I'd be at it for a least a full day.

Planes can drive in reverse, guess ya never heard of push backs or towing eh? You can taxi up to the gate and take on passengers without actually turning into it. If you get conflicting instructions from ATC and TCAS, following TCAS will often mean you will crash your plane even if you revert back to the instructions given to you by the controller after TCAS is finished. I've never had the wrong direction bug, but why in the bloody hell is that a reason to crash your aircraft? I don't know if you still can, but you used to be able to pirouette on the ground with no forward velocity whatsoever, just spinning around on the ground is totally within the realm of logic. The huge server lag spikes which can crash your plane because the game stops accepting inputs so you are unable to follow instructions and die. And this is just scratching the surface. For one, if you're simulating lights, you have not simulated beacons which are used to tell people on the ground and other aircraft that you're starting your engines, kind of useful, wouldn't ya say, because if you were to walk behind a 747 while its starting those engines, you'll either be blown 50 feet and probably break several bones if not die by crush impact and trauma, or be burnt or both. If you walk in front of a propeller powered or piston powered aircraft, you've a very strong possibility to get sucked into the propeller and be ground up like minced meat. And, what is it with this take off, climb to 500 and stop, then climb to XXX and stop etc. This isn't realistic at all. You do not take off and just stop climbing before you reaching cruise altitude. Also, when you descend, you get told to come down to 100? what is this, you can still be 30KM out, in a jet you'll pas the time quickly, but even still, a jet should have a gradual descent path, but a little C172 would be at 100 for a while. Oh, and turning on the weather radar is bad bad bad bad bad bad bad if done on the ground because you'll eviscerate people with radiation and cook them from the inside out, so yeah, not good. Also, when is the last time Cessna included weather radars in their smaller craft? Sorry, but as someone told me, Eurofly isn't a flight sim, its just a game where you fly. A lot of logic errors and very very unrealistic behaviors here. It may be fine to people who don't know much about aviation, but there are those within this community who have a passion for it, and it doesn't, well I can't speak for them, but at least for me, it doesn't fulfill that itch in me.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-12-28 17:00:13

Hi.
@Ironcross, a darn, finally someone knowing his shit around aircraft.
Let's continue with the arcade playing style and logic errors, why do I need to change the squak code when I transition into another airspace? the Squak code is for the transponder so airports see on their radar where you are, things like flight number, destination, departure location, altitude, speed, current location and so on, all radio comunication is handled by well, the radio on board and you have to change the frequency in the format xxx.x or xxx.xx.
Also, did you notice that your cruising altitude seams to change continiously Climb up to 8000, decend to 5000, climb to 10000, oh come on, ever heard of something like a cruising altitude?
Also, where is clearance delivery, propper checklists, since when does have a little c172 2 engines and since when does a 380 also have just two of them, what about ILS or visual approaches and landings, glide slopes, localizers, argh, I could continue with that for a hour or so xD.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-12-28 17:39:09

I had no idea that the mailing list wasn't for bug reports. Thanks for letting us know that. The few times I did email the developer directly, I didn't get a response. What I did get was impolite-sounding requests to quickly edit a bunch of google-translated stuff, because I offered to help with that, but not much in the way of other feedback from the developers. I have some coding experience, though not with Windows, but I'd be willing to learn what's needed to help work on this. It's a great concept, it just needs a better implementation. If we could get real time communication with the developer, it would help greatly with testing. I'll give a sympathetic reading and assume the developer of this game doesn't mean to be impolite and actually does care about the users and beta testers. In the future, could someone either set up an issue tracking system, put the project opensource so people can work on it, or at the very least specify how and where bugs should be reported, so that they don't get lost and so on. I had trouble editing some of the documents I was trying to clean up  the grammar for as I didn't quite understand the google-translated English. It would've been nice to have some contact with the programmers so we could sort out exactly what was meant with the text. This is a great concept and a lovely project and I'd like to support it, but it's hard to support a project fully with lac of communication from its creators. If I knew the expected format of airport and map data, for example, I could look into seeing about how one would go about automating pulling te map and airport data directly from the openstreetmap API's in the user's preferred language. Things like decimal separators, I'd have thought, should be handled by the operating system directly in the locale settings. It seems that there is a lot of code that has been written from scratch that could be better handled by reusing existing libraries, but I'd have to know more about implementation details to comment further. I've got time again to help with this if someone wants to tell me where to send suggestions and how we can go about starting a dialogue with the developers regularly, as I have learned a lot about geography and  found an incentive to do my own aviation research. We could make this into a really realistic sim with just a little bit more cooperation. Thank you for reading this.

2017-12-28 18:12:42

@27 maybe check out post 54 in the eurofly topic, I spent time going nuts on avgeek knowledge lol

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-12-28 18:17:07

Neat, I'll read that. I'm sure it's fun. I'd contemplate writing a better sim than this one if we still get lack of response from developers. It'd take a bit to get built, but at least there's enough information to build a good algorithm. Flight manuals and such are trivial to find in several languages. I could probably find a flight instructor to check the simulator for correctness, if I really had a mind to. It'd be a hell of a programming exercise though, I'm sure.

2017-12-28 18:19:11

All those mentioned are realism issues and not bugs that prevent a new version from coming out. You're right about NVDA helper, but you can't read lists in 64 bit apps with NVDA. Hell how great it would be if everything was transitioning to 64 bit, Microsoft wouldn't have so much issues to kill x86. The 64 bit was just an afterthought process and doesn't make sense. How many audio games are actually 64 bit? How much difference will the end user notice? Is it even slightly worth the time to maintain 2 versions of an audiogame? When x86 is gone, answers to all of these are yes. For now, no. Regarding realism: Let's face it, this game was never meant to be 100 percent realistic. You can love or hate that, but it is how it is for now. I am playing a game, not riding my plane.

2017-12-28 18:39:07

Which 64-bit apps have unreadable lists with NVDA? All the ones I've seen have no reading issues. And the realism may be an issue if his goal to make an educational project is actually correct. I thought when I read the original Eurofly description it said an atlas and flight sim for educational purposes. So that would seem to me that would mean you'd want the map and flight data to be as accurate as possible. Unless that wasn't his intent. Games are not always just for fun, they're often used as a learning tool. I was under the impression that that was the stated intent of this project. And yes, x86_64 is a bad hack, but since 32-bit won't properly address the RAM and processor resources found in modern hardware, in the future 64-bit may be an issue. Yes, it's a pain to get 64-bit on Windows to work because MS implements it badly, but he got a working version for 1.7.7, so people would've come to expect that unless he was to clearly state that he no longer wishes to bother with 64-bit support. Either way all of the bugs and issues with this game could be very easily and quickly resolved, once we have some established communication channels with the creator so we can all figure out where we'd like the project to be going. As soon as the beta cycle opened, the developers dropped of the online chat, for example, and that's not a good way to interact with beta testers. What we need is a lot of respectful communication, since there is a lot of people in this community that could help the game along if we had that.

2017-12-28 18:57:32

Hi all, all that i can say, is i don't think i am going to play this game any more... because it is so full of bugs.
Firstly, the game crashes after a while.
It first stops responding, and then i can forget to do any thing successfully.
Secondly, when i try to create a profile, it either failes to load some or kind of ssl librarie.
And thirdly, here the error is, and i hope the developer sees this error and does some thing about it.
---------------------------
Eurofly
Access violation at address 006BDC5C in module 'Eurofly.exe'. Read of address 00000002.
OK   
so until all these bugs are fixed, i would maby consider playing this game.
best regards to all!

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2017-12-28 19:28:15

31 I, want, to be, flying, a, plane, period. I don't care about arcade stuff, hell look at TDV2, a shooter with better sim mechanics than Eurofly has, and its like 4 years if not older. I think the message is that this isn't good enough for aviation enthusiasts who want realism. I'd do whatever it would take to get Eurofly to that point, or back a new project. I can't program, but I have experience beta testing, and I have a lot of aviation knowledge, some of which is a bit out of date, and I think Orin would know more about the radios because I never had to do any of that, I mostly read up on aerodynamics and instrumentation and stuff, and flew privately.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-12-28 19:34:54

Well, if enough of us get together, we could create a good game. I'll need to figure out a good Windows development environment and get going on that, just as soon as I sort out braille as I don't have the desire to do a large coding project with speech only. Aviation is interesting as hell to me, and the same goes for game mechanics. But I still would like some communication from the devs on this project before I go rolling my own, if they're open to that, as we already have a community started. But that sort of feedback seems unlikely. So I'm going off to look at game engines and various API's I guess.

2017-12-28 19:57:42

Hi.
@ironcross hahaha I noticed that xD, darn, eurofly needs a lot of work.
Something regardings the flaps though, you said that if you wouldn't put out the flaps during take off you still could takeoff, but the takeoff way would be longer. So far so good, but the problem here is that the computer will object there because it's not configured correctly and is not in takeoff mode.
THere was a crash ones, I don't know when, where the pilots forgot a whole checklist including the flaps and instandly after takeoff, the plane roled to the left and right due to the stability problems and the computer not configured right. The pilots should have been warned of this, but as far as i remember, there was something wrong with the circuit powering the alarm system or something like that, don't remember that in detail anymore.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-12-28 20:26:05

I too would love a more realistic game and would be glad to help Beata test when it got to that point. I like Eurofly for what it is and I mean no disrespect here but I’ve always been fascinated by planes and would like something more realistic. Something that Tube Sim did was the training school. I think that would be important for a flying sim to have. I think it’s unrealistic how you have the same call number all the time and that you don’t have to wait for luggage to be loaded. It is also kind of annoying to be thrown back to the menu each time you complete a task. Running across a busy airport or having to bring a plane back to the hanger for another would be more realistic. It be cool to start with a smaller airplane company and work your way up to Jet Blue, Continental, British Airways and other big airliners. If you wanted to go real technical with aviation details playing a sim where you’re a plane tester for Bowing or Airbus would be really cool! I think Bowing flies and tests every plane before delivering it to the airline. There is a lot of events and stuff that are missing. Although some of these are rare they would be nice to have. Fires, terrorist attacks, being rerouted in flight not just when you get to the destination, more emergency landings, fights with passengers, over booking issues and so on. I found it odd how you don’t have a co-pilot or any other crew you can work with while flying the plane. This could be a sound issue but to me it often sounds like the flight attendant is walking in and out of the cockpit which is supposed to be a locked down area. I also would like to be able to do tasks in whatever country/continent I want.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2017-12-28 20:37:48

simba wrote:

Hi.
@ironcross hahaha I noticed that xD, darn, eurofly needs a lot of work.
Something regardings the flaps though, you said that if you wouldn't put out the flaps during take off you still could takeoff, but the takeoff way would be longer. So far so good, but the problem here is that the computer will object there because it's not configured correctly and is not in takeoff mode.
THere was a crash ones, I don't know when, where the pilots forgot a whole checklist including the flaps and instandly after takeoff, the plane roled to the left and right due to the stability problems and the computer not configured right. The pilots should have been warned of this, but as far as i remember, there was something wrong with the circuit powering the alarm system or something like that, don't remember that in detail anymore.
Greetings Moritz.

Hi,

There were several aircraft crashes of that sort. Some prominent ones are Delta Air Lines Flight 1141, and Northwest Airlines Flight 255. I think you may be thinking of the Latter, although both of these accidents were caused by similar circumstances.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2017-12-28 22:35:08

@36 in jets, turboprops and larger aircraft, yes, basically anything with an FMC or something, I should have been clearer on that point, I meant small single engine piston craft like the C172, the piper cub, Piper Cherokee and the like.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-12-29 01:12:00

Hello.
1. I can't figure out how complete the english documentation for the game currently is. I like the help center on the website which seems to be the most complete thing regarding to the english documentation.
2. I really hope the developers will consider making a bug report feature, and a suggestion report feature or maybe a forum on the website. Then, people could post all the bugs you are talking about, and all the ideas and suggestions in one central place.
Instead of just seeing complaints about the game, I'm glad to see that some people are writing lots of suggestions on how to improve the game. I don't know much about aircrafts, so I learn a lot of interesting things from reading all those suggestions.
I think it would be easier for the developers to handle, if they would make a central place where all those bugs, suggestions and ideas was posted.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-12-29 02:36:24 (edited by defender 2017-12-29 02:42:35)

Well, here are the bugs and issues I've noticed, with my favorite things about V2.0 below that.

Bad things happen if you tab to another flight computer dialog before the mission ends, the fuel almost never fills up all the way on the first try, and I've had the TCAS not notify me when another plane was coming even though the blackbox said it was on, and I remember doing it.

Now for non bugs
the legacy 600 doesn't use a jet engine sound, the flaps are mistakenly reported as being retracted in the blackbox when the actual problem was the exact opposite, the documentation doesn't explain anything about storms, or turbulent areas, and it's also written with very bad, barely understandable English, the 2 KM warning from the tower is kinda useless when in miles mode, though I can't really blame anyone for that one, you can't remove an item from favorites, the beeping capitals toggle switch is never listed in the keystrokes, and sometimes the new add-on's manager crashes.

What I like about the update.
Recognition of task completion on landing seems way more accurate than before, the add-on manager makes it easy to see what your missing and what's been updated recently, the new airplanes (like the beachcraft1900D) are cool, especially since they've been integrated into tasks, the new taxiing method and airplane systems are much more realistic, yet not too much of a learning curve, the safety gate alarms when exiting hangerways are almost like a minigame (especially fun when you hear another plane passing left to right in front of you, and when you set it off your self on landing) the new options that let you ignore towers and TCAS, or get real weather make free flying way more enjoyable, and Brenden's audio guide being right on the site (with an accessible audio player to boot) helps allot with learning V2.0's new systems.

And yes, I agree with SLJ, a bug reporting system would be very useful.

2017-12-29 03:14:32

Hello again,
well, I have no words for this. Or better sayd, I have more words than is possible to write here.
Starting Eurofly 64-bit version. I am thinking if you forgotten which versions had Eurofly 1.7?
Yeah, 32 and 64 bit. And why we removed 64-bit version?
Because people wanted it. They sayd it is buggy as *, and that they are returning to 32-bit version. And now, when there is only this version, other people are writing, why there is no 64-bit version.

@Bleeblat:
You have offered help with translation. Well, what have you thought it will be about? We sent you texts, hoping you will fix them until release, you knew it will be on Christmass.
And what have you done? You sent nothing back. You referred to the health issues and similar stuffs. Okay, everyone can be sick from time to time. But in that case I consider as logical thing, when I promised something and I can not fulfil it to let it promised person know. You instead wrote nothing, so we found that fixups are unreal directly before release.

About mailing list, well, it was originally for bug reports. But... Beta version of Eurofly has been released and what happened?
Avoiding tons of reported bugs, which were no bugs, only someone was lazy to read documentation or tutorial, people started filling mailinglist with features requests. In beta phase, called testing, to find out bugs.

Next, about feedback from developers. Heh, where do you have 'developers'? There is only one developer, maintaining full project. Yes, there was a small group of Slovak and Czech fans knowing english, whose we called 'developing team', because they controlled ag forum and later mailing list, guyding people what to do, because there was no english documentation.
But they stopped doing this some time after english translation came out. Stefan is now alone to read that thousands of posts in mailing list, from which 70% are feature requests, 20% are bugs which  aren't bugs, 9% are bug reports in style: "I crashed!" (very useful), and 1% are serious, usable and acceptable bug reports, with behaviour rules and exact terminology.
And then someone is saying, that game is buggy and developer is doing nothing to fix it.
Luckyly, there are people from english comunity, who are looking this discussions and are writing short and useful summaries about found real bugs, Declan is great example of such a people. And I think he can confirm that all bugs he reported to Stefan were fixed.
So, when you have problems with something, keep in mind only one person can do something to fix it, in case it is a real bug. That not means you must reject Eurofly. Only be short, meaningful, imagine you are developer, what helps you to solve problem, and thislike efficient report send directly to the developer.
Believe me, you have large chance that bug will get fixed. More larger, than when you will swear on forums how buggy is Eurofly.

And when bugs aren't getting solved right now, well, that is because of Christmas time, Stefan have sayd it somewhere I think. For example that bug with losing from server. He know about it, but to fix it more research is necessary, from code side. He will do it, but for now, he wants calm holidays,
There were months of betatesting to find it, but people were more interested in thinking out new features, so now they must wait.

About coding new sim, well, I am just laughing on it. I don't know what are your experiences with managing larger projects, I also don't know if you are realizing what is the real flight simulator about, but good luck on your trip, long and painful, believe me.
You also aren't first with this idea, just browse bit in a history of this forum, or you are probably remembering it, look, where it ended. It really isn't that simple as it looks, also with libraries and similar stuffs, you have been warned.

I will again repeat myself, as in many times, but it is sadly necessary. Eurofly was NEVER meaned as a full flight simulator.
It is still primary geographical atlas, working reliably for this purpose, we do have here few geography fans with expensive braille atlasses, who are using Eurofly for this a lot.
And flight mode have educational purpose too. But not for simulating real aircrafts, but to introduce interesting world places to blind people in interesting way, I think flying by plane, even not 100% realistic is much better than pressing arrow key on some map regarding some textual guide.
We have thought about increasing realism, but it seems like unreal thing. From one side by algorithms, but from other, much bigger, problem are players. Just remember how many problems were with migration to Eurofly 2.0.
People are lazy, they don't read the documentation, they don't listen tutorials. Then crashing, sending false bug reports and when they not abandon game because of bugs, which aren't bugs but feature requested by them, and someone shows them what all is needed to do in new version, they are complaining that game is too complex.
And then, someone writes on forum we need full realistic simulator, with all stuffs required during regular flights.

That is all for now, there were also serious posts here, which i really appreciate, however I will comment them tomorrow, now it's 2:12 again.

Best regards

Rastislav

2017-12-29 04:05:00

So it looks like what is being said here is that us, the aviation enthusiasts, AvGeeks and such, need a new project, because Eurofly will not fulfill our needs now, or anytime in the future according to this last post.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-12-29 09:18:17

Yes, i just think it is better to just uninstall eurofly and delete the 2 downloaded files.
@Orrin, i reely liked your mod, you did a great job, it is just that i am not going to play eurofly any more.
And when we are just reporting bugs like for example you guys with the crashes and me with my violation error, it seems like we are just insaulting the developers acoarding to the last post from rastislavkiss.

best regards

2017-12-29 12:22:41

Yeah, this is not how you handle PR, its a good thing this is a free product and not commercial, or I think they would be on a fast sinking ship at this point.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-12-29 14:04:12

if this product was commercial i would not even considder buying it

best regards

2017-12-29 19:22:12

You know, it doesn't help that the dev says he wants this game to be seen as an actual simulator, but on the website he states that the game is in fact a geographical atlas and a flight simulation, and no, because you also say this is an atlas doesn't eliminate the simulation remark.
And yes, after the temper tantrum he threw some posts ago, I guess we Aviation geeks have to find a project of our own, as sad as it#s sounds, but it looks like eurofly isn't the sim or, arcade atlas for us.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-12-29 20:32:20

The amount of disrespect here is pretty outstanding. Before people jump, I don't mean guys like Simba or ironcross. They as they say themselves are aviation geeks, and I can totally get your wish for this game to be perfectly realistic. However, while a simulation does mean it is as close to the real aircraft as possible, it all depends on how far the developer wants to go. If you just keep in mind that this was originally meant to be a geographical atlas and that the flight idea came later as a bonus, I think it is enough. What is much more annoying however, are improper bug reports. Firstly, people need to start differentiating bug reports from feature suggestions. Second, I have no idea which developer ever fixed a bug by you just telling him the game crashes and I can't play. When does it crash? Does it give an error? Even with all that answered and with you giving a perfect bug report, you must also understand that A this is a free product and as such, you have no right to demand any updates and B it is holidays time. This version was in development for a while now, and nobody seems to care that when you work on something for a while, you need some rest. I am thinking did people here forget how eurofly 1 worked? Did we have bugs? Yes, a bunch of them. Did eurofly 1 get to the point where it is completely stable? Of course, just like any software or game.

2017-12-29 21:57:54

It's sad ... I can see both sides here. And neither side will be satisfied with what the other one produces. I really don't think Stefan is a bad guy, I've had personal correnspondence with him over some things. But I'm also a bit of an aviation  geek, not to the extent that Ironcross or Simba is though but still, flying a real airplane has always been my childhood dream. Eurofly will never satisfy me on that front, I can guaranty that.
@Ble Blat if you ever get a development group going for a flight sim, please let me know, you can mail me through the forum or add me to skype andreas.andersson1996 when that time comes if it does.
Shame on me for pushing that Eurofly was the best game of 2016, and the only reason I did so was that I saw a future in the project, and while it is progressing, it still has a long, long, long way to go and it's moving way too slowly. Well, I wasn't going to push a ripoff like Manamon for best game of 2016 considering it was actually invented 20+ years ago!
Still, it was kinda fun while it lasted, but I won't be playing any more Eurofly. Mostly due to losing interest in it, I mean there're only so many sequences you can complete and so many hours you can sit through nothing before getting bored. It was mostly because Liams complaint about stealing sounds from his own game that I finally decided to put a lid on it.
I wish you the best of luck in future developments!

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2017-12-29 22:54:16

I feel like if Rastislav Kiss is representing the game, they are doing a poor job of it.  I also feel that the lack of respect to other developers in this community is a problem. I'm referring to the speaker test sound lifted out of Super Egg Hunt. I think it has been made clear, and further so by the actual developer not coming here to make a retraction of what his representative stated, that Eurofly is not the product for those of us who want a more realistic simulator. That in and of itself is fine, if not a little disappointing.

What bothers me is that we're being slapped in the face for other people's bad reporting. Yeah, I can see how this could be a problem for sure, you expect to see proper detailed bug reports, and you get, hey can we have tractor push backs rather than reverse gear, or whatever. SO, you get volunteers who are willing to help you sort through your mail, weeding out all the feature requests into one place, and the proper bug reports into another, and discarding anything that says, my game keeps crashing, idk why. Where's the support from the developer, when we've seen a user on here posting his error on every Eurofly topic we have. Don't you think they want to play the game, can't you take 5 minutes out of your day to take a look at it and have the decency to respond?

Then we get the middle finger thrown our way because we're saying something about it. I think we've shown over and over again that we support our developers. But believe me, if you have little to no ethics, we light you up and make it known exactly what you have done. I don't think this is a bad thing, though methodology can vary, but if you monkey with us, we don't tolerate it. I think that's a fair way to be, the good developers get praised, the bad ones have their dirty laundry aired all over this place. I wouldn't want to spend money on a game only to realize it sucks, well, I have before.

Eurofly being a free product, and that you can't demand anything, to that I agree. I would be willing to pay for a product that met my needs though. I mean, I spent $100 on an airbus addon for FSX, and I can't even fully use it, but I enjoy it. Eurofly needs a proper representative if its going to continue. Someone who knows a bit about PR at any rate.

That being said, it is a good atlas program, I mean, you can learn a lot about the geography of your home town, your state, province or country, which is pretty cool.

End racism
End division
Become united