2017-12-16 09:04:45

hello user100 it's grate game but i can't play it. i red read me file but it can't help me. please guide i don't want to miss this game.

2017-12-16 11:35:06

Hello, Defender.
The siege of Leningrad is one of the most terrible pages in the history of World War II. It have been started 8 september 1941 and lasted nearly 900 days. Food storages was destroyed, and the Road of Life became really the only way to safe people from death. But the amount of delivered food was too low. The following norms of bread consumption were established: 300 grams for workers and soldiers, 150 grams for other inhabitants. The winter of 1941 was very frosty (-40 degrees of Celsius), water and fuel were frozen. Also artillery fire and aviation raids. But the city have not gave up.
18 january 1943, as a result of successful advance of the Red Army along the south shore of Ladoga lake, the blocade was broken. The gap became wider. But full removing of the blocade happened only in 1944.

About the game. You have perfectly explaned the basic issues. Nevertheless, I have to disagree with you about turning technic on the islands. I personally use the following variant (lets take for example the first island, which is located with in the range [9800;10200] by Y):
- Entering: move with the speed of 15 meters per second until 9900 Y, turn right with Shift until 90 degrees, move until 300 X, stop by using brakes (down arrow), decrease gears in the same time, turn off the engine;
- Leaving: turn on the engine, switch to the first gear, turn left until 0 degrees without (WITHOUT!) Shift, then turn left with Shift (now with Shift!) until 270 degrees, accelerate to 15 meters per second, move until 100 X, turn right with Shift until 0 degrees, continue the race.
As for the strange degrees system, note that information recieving by F key is not actually the compass direction. Think of it as an angle between your facing and the direction of the road.

2017-12-16 11:48:17

revan wrote:

upload to cloud mail.ru
it's better than dropbox

Already uploaded to it, See post #17. The title post have been edited too, there is a cloud link now.

2017-12-16 11:52:08

masroor.rahmani wrote:

hello user100 it's grate game but i can't play it. i red read me file but it can't help me. please guide i don't want to miss this game.

What specificly you don't understand in Readme?

2017-12-16 12:52:08

hi there
I got File not found though, wierd...

2017-12-16 14:16:26

JasonBlaze wrote:

I got File not found though, wierd...

I just tested the cloud link, it works normally. Please discribe your problem in details. Maybe, your antivirus causes it.

2017-12-16 14:33:31

Hello. I can't download the game. Can someone post a link? It gives me 403 error.

2017-12-16 16:05:57

Mmm... Too many problems with third-party file sharing services. Is it possible to upload the game directly to audiogames.net?

2017-12-16 19:08:54

I like the fact that this game is based around a piece of history. While I know a few things about world war Ii, I never knew that people had to travel across something like that, just to deliver supplies. I love the game and even though I've died like 1000 times I don't care. Deffender, I love your explanation on things. It answered several of my questions.

Audio game king

2017-12-16 20:43:19

Have you tried Google drive? It's easy and doesn't have limitations, only in space, as i remember. And the browser's interface are awesome.

2017-12-16 20:55:08

I can't download the game because the links are broken.
Could someone please post a Dropbox link?

2017-12-17 03:18:45

Here's a link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lr04hrnkckv1d … fe.7z?dl=1
I'm gonna get my links frozen for this but, fuck it, it's a good game, I hope someone will pick up the slack when mine locks up.

In response to post 27:
Yeah, I'll trust you on the best way of doing the islands, but why shouldn't you hold shift while turning to zero as you leave?
I need to read more about Leningrad, I know some, like how civilian fighters would hide in the blasted out buildings and fire out of impact holes into the tank slits or throw grenades at the tracks, and how one officer held an apartment building for several weeks against constant attack, also when the Molotov cocktail was invented I believe, and lots of sniping was going on, I think it was the biggest urban battle in history.
But I didn't know it was 900 days! wow!

2017-12-17 04:06:51

so the following happens. chrome: This site can’t be reached
The webpage at https://cloclo14.cloud.mail.ru/refresh?key=ky13hl3ryvio might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE
firefox:
File not found
Firefox can’t find the file at https://cloclo14.cloud.mail.ru/refresh? … 2-7nh9k-i.
• Check the file name for capitalization or other typing errors.
• Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted.
Try Again
internet explorer:
Info icon
The website declined to show this webpage
HTTP 403

Most likely causes:
• This website requires you to log in.

What you can try:

Go back to the previous page.

More information
More information
microsoft edge:
HTTP 403 error
Microsoft Edge can’t get to this page
Try this
• Go back to the last page

I posted all of this, because they all say different things

2017-12-17 05:30:12

@defender you can remove the link from Dropbox, I hav e uploaded it to my server.  The link is:
http://www.nuno-srv.pl/TheRoadOfLife.zip

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-12-17 08:25:15

Wow an officer held an apartment building for 3 weeks Defender? That's a long time. Where did you read or listen to this stuff? Tomorrow I'm gonna try going on youtube, just to see if I can listen to a documentary on this particular battle during the war.

Audio game king

2017-12-17 08:26:33 (edited by musicalman 2017-12-17 08:34:35)

Whoa, this is a cool game! I'm absolutely horrible at it, but admittedly it's well after midnight and I'm tired. A few questions before I go to bed:
1. I'm still confused about how holding shift for alignment works, so that has gotten me killed a number of times. How do you align yourself west/0 degrees reliably? Right now I'm panicking when I have to turn and running off the side of the road.
2. I've only been brave enough to try the night mode because I don't want to deal with being fired on. Is there much hope in avoiding enemy fire, or, as is often the case in historical battles, is there an element of chance that you simply have no control over? I hope there's at least something you  can do to deal with enemy fire, or it wouldn't be fun.
3. On the islands, I think you can make repairs for your truck, or heal your wounds if you were shot in the daytime. I've never made it past 1000 meters, let alone to an island. While I don't understand fully how to get on and off the island, I do have a rough idea in my head of how it's structured. This is going to illustrate my lack of historical knowledge I'm sure, but what am I looking for on the islands if I am not hurt? I assume there are supplies there I need to pick up, but the readme doesn't mention that unless I missed it. Do I need to go to both islands?
4. Stemming from that, after I've done what I have to do on the islands, what do I do then? Do I head back east for some purpose? And probably a dumb question, does the road extend west past the  islands?

5. Is this an endless mission or can you actually come out safely if you're good/lucky enough? big_smile

Okay, that's pretty much every question I can think of.

Someone mentioned how the 0 degrees facing west thing was confusing. I could see how it would be, but I've never been good with orientation, I prefer math instead, so having 0 degrees facing the direction I need to go, whether it's meant to be north or west, doesn't really bother me all that much. At the end of the day I still imagine a strait narrow road going forward. I don't imagine it going left, and as far as my limited understanding of the game goes, you don't need to heavily rely on the true directions, you just have to keep track of where you're going in space, however you choose to orientate yourself. IF you want to think of it as going north instead, I think you could get away with that in this game.

I like these kind of driving games even if I'm horrible at them, and the sound design actually gets me really worked up. I hate sudden loud noises so I can't play it too many times because I keep clumbsily driving off the side of the road, but in a way that's how a game should be. After all, if I were for some reason doing this in real life, falling through ice into a cold lake would hardly be a quiet or pleasant experience! Thank you so much for this great game! Now I'm probably off to sleep, but hopefully I will feel courageous and strengthened enough tomorrow to try it again smile.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2017-12-17 11:12:52 (edited by defender 2017-12-17 11:16:34)

Thanks Nuno, appreciate it...

WP85, I guess it was actually the battle of Stalingrad, not Leningrad.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavlov%27s_House
And wow, it was actually 8 and a half weeks!

Raygrote
1. Shift is just a lock, it prevents you from going past the nearest 90 degree point in which ever direction your turning too.
For instance, if you turn from 90 to 0 with shift held, you can't go right past 0, even if your pressing the arrow, until you let go of it.
You can hold down arrows too , so when you combine that with shift it helps allot with rapid corrections, just don't do it when avoiding holes, only when moving back to 0.
2., so You can speed up to avoid them once they start attacking most of the time, but because the plains are pretty loud, it can end up getting you in holes.
Your kinda fucked if you do and fucked if you don't, but skill and experience will help you have a better chance.
3. You don't need to go to both islands unless you feel like it, because they provide the same things, and the info on how to repair and heal is indeed in the readme.
4. Yeah you can go farther west past the islands, I think it goes to 30000?
5. I believe their is an end yes, I wouldn't know as I've only gotten to around 12000, but since you have a timer, the game is referred to as a race, and the beginning and end of the road are mentioned in the readme when discussing the antiaircraft guns, than I'd assume so.

And yeah, that ice break sound is scary, and sudden, and loud, no doubt. LOL.

2017-12-17 12:14:53

Could some one make a demo of this and upload it it to you tube please as I am on  holiday  and do not have a computer near me and I would like to here what this sounds like thanx.

regards
Hannes Fouche
Access gaming my YouTube channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC8CshzvGHEy2eR5L86nMM5A

2017-12-17 13:24:24

Nuno, thank you very much. Your link have been inserted into the title post. I hope it will work stable.

Defender, you are mistaken. There were no urban battles in Leningrad. At the cost of heroic effort, the fascists have been stopped at the boarder of the city. Leningrad withstood all enemy's attacks, and then German command decided to block it and wait until the city will starv to death. You confused Leningrad with Stalingrad...

Raygrote, ok, here are the answers for your questions:
   1. No panick! The alignment system seems to be complicated at first glance, but in fact it is very simple. There are 4 basic directions: 0, 90, 180 and 270 degrees. If you are turning with Shift, you would turn only until one of these directions. Once you faced to a basic direction, your turning would stop exactly on it, without any deviations.
Example: you are at 30 degrees. It is an unsafe angle. You should align your truck to 0. Hold Shift and the left arrow. Now the angle (check it by F key) is smoothly being decreased. 0 degrees! A hoarse squeak, and the angle is no longer being changed. It is fixed exactly at 0, although the arrow is still holded. To continue the turning, you must release Shift. But now you need only alignment, so carefully release first the arrow, and then Shift. All right, now you are at 0 degrees!
In other words, Shift prevents the car from passing one of the basic directions.
   2. Excerpt from Readme:

To bring down enemy's sight, try to accelerate or rush over the road. But this tactics is not always efficient. All depends on the angle at which the aircraft enters to the target.

Some tricks:
- If the aircraft enters you infront or behind, try to move by spiral (left-right, left-right). If it attacks perpendicular to your course, high speed can safe you.
- While the previous tricks may decrease shooting accuracy, the following ones will decrease amount of bullets. If an airplane comes infront, it would be better to speed up. The faster you move, the faster the fighter will flies over you and stop shooting. But if an enemy is behind, you should slow down to let the airplane to fly over you.
   3. No, you do not need to go to the islands. They are designed to be only pitstops with reparation, healing and defense. All necessary supplies are already loaded into your bodywork.
   4-5. You must overcome 30 kilometers and finish on the western ending of the road.

2017-12-17 15:10:12

Hello @user100
Sture, the link is  stable. If you need anything else mail me at [email protected]

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-12-17 17:00:15

Thanks defender for the advice!
Two more questions.
When I hear a hole in the center and I turn to avoid it, often the sound of the water pans to one side, but ends up moving to center before long and I fall into it, and I can't figure out why. I do still have a tendency to turn way too much as I'm used to games like Top speed where you have to hold the arrows most of the time to continuously steer, as opposed to more realistic steering where the arrows act as just turning the wheel one way or the other. The only thing I can think that I'm doing wrong is that I'm turning so much that I somehow wind up circling the hole and falling into it, but I really don't know how I'd be doing that bad. Lol. Any ideas?
Also, Defender you had said that speeding up will shake the enemies off or something. Is this simply so that you can lose them once they've spotted you, or is there a minimum speed you should go to avoid trouble? I'm still not brave enough to try the day mode yet smile.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2017-12-17 20:56:53

Hi. I have the same problem with the turning sistem. I hear the sound going to the left or right and then, it comes so fast center and I go in the water.

2017-12-18 03:04:14

Yeah, wow, I did get those mixed up, lol, then I know nothing about Leningrad...

Raygrote, you should refer to post 44 for info about the planes.

Yeah I notice that panning thing too, I think it's basically just that I didn't turn far enough, but not sure.

2017-12-18 03:57:30

I'm noticing a strange behavior. The game was working fine yesterday. When I went to play it today, it all of a sudden wouldn't run. Its like the file disappeared. I tried rextracting it, and allowing it through the firewall. It worked for a second then stopped.

Audio game king

2017-12-18 04:29:08

Check if your anti-virus are blocking them.